PDA

View Full Version : Omg Why Was This Happening?!

Pitbul
08-12-2003, 07:55 AM
ok earlier today i was just playing Jedi Academy and all of s sudden a small box appeared and said that my computer has to be shut down and it was athorized by " NT Authority/ System" and below that it said that my "RPC" was terminated Unexpectedly. does anyone know WTF was going on everytime i shut down and restarted that box would pop up shortly after i got back on the computer does anyone know why this was freaking out and doing this? i was pretty close to throw my computer thru the wall. :( <_<

*EDIT* i reformatted re-installed windows but it kept doing that to me then inre-installed Norton Anti Virus and installed a firewall and it hasn&#39;t done that to me since i installed it.

RPerry
08-12-2003, 08:06 AM
Sounds like your the lastest victim of the worm, check out this link below :(

Symantec Security (http://www.sarc.com/avcenter/graphics/ssrc/masthead594_security_rc.gif)

Lamsey
08-12-2003, 11:42 AM
What the hell does this have to do with hardware???

Pitbul
08-12-2003, 11:57 AM
i thought it might have been a hardware since there was hardly any sign of it being a virus u dont gotta get all hostile and shit. but thats RPerry for that link.

RPerry
08-12-2003, 12:00 PM
I was trying to move this when the forum was attacked...

btw Pitbul, your welcome ;)

HeavyMetalParkingLot
08-12-2003, 12:40 PM
if you are using xp, ctrl + alt + del, go to processes, find msblast.exe, end that process. search your system for msblast.exe and delte it when you find it.

select run and type in regedit, go to HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE&#092;Software&#092;Microsoft&#092;Windows&#092;CurrentVersion&#092;Run, in the right window delete the value "windows auto update"="msblast.exe", exit registery.

now go get your self some security patches

Adster
08-12-2003, 12:52 PM
umm didnt work for me HMPL when I went end process the prick wasnt there&#33;&#33; but when I searched I found the bastard&#33;&#33;

jsut bare that in mind I had to format and reinstall

HeavyMetalParkingLot
08-12-2003, 12:56 PM
after you select processes, click the image tab, and it will alphabatize the processes, it will be msblast.exe. you must end the process before it will let you delete it

Adster
08-12-2003, 01:01 PM
after you select processes, click the image tab, and it will alphabatize the processes, it will be msblast.exe. you must end the process before it will let you delete it

yep I tryed that in safe mode too went cntrl alt del clicked image and it wasnt their at all&#33;&#33;

The trick is make sure you have a firewall block the bastard and upgrade your patches

but I had to format as I said count find it wasnt their in my task manager :angry:

it was really frustrating and pissed me off

HeavyMetalParkingLot
08-12-2003, 01:03 PM
why can&#39;t you aussies just buy a japanese computer like the rest of us and stop trying to build one out of popsicle sticks and squirrels?

Adster
08-12-2003, 01:05 PM
why can&#39;t you aussies just buy a japanese computer like the rest of us and stop trying to build one out of popsicle sticks and squirrels?

dont blaem the PC its the software we all use the same :lol:

HeavyMetalParkingLot
08-12-2003, 01:17 PM
iuse the super duper ultra limited platinum send in 5 box tops edition of windows. you use the same?