PDA

View Full Version : there's no internet in france!

kukushka
05-11-2008, 10:43 PM
sad but true. i finally registered at snowtigers, right now i'm downloading a dvd-r.. with 20mbit i know i'd survived at hdbits, i'd be ripped to pieces at czone.. but guess what rating i'm doing right now while after 2.5 hrs i'm at 4%. 20!!!! i think they will ban me tomorrow for using fast connection and will continue to torrenting on their v.90 modems :)

DarkLured
05-11-2008, 10:51 PM
I heard they might still have some internet out Californie 'way :)

yayyyyyy
05-11-2008, 10:53 PM
lol

where are you from?
20mbit upstream?

If you really from China take care about what you post/upload/download...

kukushka
05-11-2008, 11:08 PM
lol

where are you from?
20mbit upstream?

China? ;) yeah, i understand, 99% of internet users were born after my ex-country flag became obsolete, but come on, it's not that hard to point a mouse over a flag and then practice with some googling :)
...about taking care.. actually, there used to be a joke that soviet union started to break apart when kgb couldn't keep the pace to read every usenet message :)

SenorBubbz
05-12-2008, 01:34 AM
lol

where are you from?
20mbit upstream?

How do you not know that that is the former Soviet Union flag?
Ever heard of the Cold War? Rise/fall of communism?

slimdogp
05-12-2008, 02:45 AM
In Soviet Russia, dvd-r downloads you.

MaaxHimself
05-12-2008, 03:04 AM
In Soviet Russia, dvd-r downloads you.
YES!

That1Guy
05-12-2008, 07:25 AM
I heard they might still have some internet out Californie 'way :)
South Park FTW! lmao :lol:

fabbond
05-12-2008, 07:47 AM
sad but true. i finally registered at snowtigers, right now i'm downloading a dvd-r.. with 20mbit i know i'd survived at hdbits, i'd be ripped to pieces at czone.. but guess what rating i'm doing right now while after 2.5 hrs i'm at 4%. 20!!!! i think they will ban me tomorrow for using fast connection and will continue to torrenting on their v.90 modems :)

In France it's possible to get be a fiber cnx100/100M (30€/month) only in big town, also you access to adsl almost everywhere, i live in a little town with around 1000 peoples, i have adsl 18/1M cnx ;)

Don't say stupid things please next time...:D

PS i think you run a new torrent with only 1 seeder and 100 leechers ;)

kukushka
05-12-2008, 08:38 AM

In France it's possible to get be a fiber cnx100/100M (30€/month) only in big town, also you access to adsl almost everywhere, i live in a little town with around 1000 peoples, i have adsl 18/1M cnx ;)

Don't say stupid things please next time...:D

PS i think you run a new torrent with only 1 seeder and 100 leechers ;)
there's no problem for me not to say stupid things even last time. if you cannot read, don't comment. if you can, try to make a 20 ratio on a new torrent on scc, czone or at least hdbits where swarm uses internet and not carrier pigeons

That1Guy
05-12-2008, 09:51 AM
there's no problem for me not to say stupid things even last time. if you cannot read, don't comment. if you can, try to make a 20 ratio on a new torrent on scc, czone or at least hdbits where swarm uses internet and not carrier pigeons
A 20 ratio?.....honestly?...why?

Edit: I understand the 20 ratio thing. because of your Snowtigers torrent.

Im smart today:huh:

fabbond
05-12-2008, 10:07 AM

i don't need to make a 20 ratio on scc..., ratio 1:1 is enough, but that's true, it's difficult to seed, but this is another problem, seedboxes are guilties...
it's not my fault if you are blinkered :rolleyes: and if you are not happy with snowtigers, please don't use it anymore...
a word to the wise is enough

kukushka
05-12-2008, 10:43 AM

i don't need to make a 20 ratio on scc..., ratio 1:1 is enough, but that's true, it's difficult to seed, but this is another problem, seedboxes are guilties...
it's not my fault if you are blinkered :rolleyes: and if you are not happy with snowtigers, please don't use it anymore...
a word to the wise is enough
internet in france is very slow. which of these words are _that_ hard to understand? and seems that some users too :). if you can't understand how it can be judjed by ul/dl ratio from a fixed capacity channel on a particular torrent compared with torrents of similar sizes and seeder/leecher amounts at other trackers - it's not my problem. and i don't need your precious advices, merci beaucoup.

A 20 ratio?.....honestly?...why?

Edit: I understand the 20 ratio thing. because of your Snowtigers torrent.

Im smart today:huh:
:thumbsup:

soviel
05-12-2008, 12:46 PM
Requiem.For.A.Dream.MULTi.DVD-R.PAL?
I must admit I am surprised. Studies tend to show that France has may be the best average internet among European countries. When I leech from Snowtigers I get awesome speeds. May be the fact that you are living far away from us explains it all. But how on earth did you get great speeds from the US?
I know there are not so many seedboxes on Snowtigers. But I always leech @ 1 or 2 MB/s.

kukushka
05-12-2008, 01:12 PM
I must admit I am surprised. Studies tend to show that France has may be the best average internet among European countries. When I leech from Snowtigers I get awesome speeds. May be the fact that you are living far away from us explains it all. But how on earth did you get great speeds from the US?
I know there are not so many seedboxes on Snowtigers. But I always leech @ 1 or 2 MB/s.
..no, i'm leeching ergo_proxy atm, sorry, i referred to dvd-r mostly concerning release size. right now the progress is 27%, i paused dl for a few hrs so right now i'm about 1.2gb dl 21.3gb ul

well, with enough seeders download speeds will be ok even if seeders have slow connection.. real difference is during initial seeding. and spoken about speeds.. for an average internet user only download speed does matter so maybe that's what they talking about.. torrenters should think primarily not how to download, but instead how to upload :) now, from what i understood, ovh seedboxes are located in france? but from 150 peers no one seemed to be from there :) and the fact that i'm not in france (that's sad, actually, nothing to be proud of :) ) doesn't make no difference.. ..oh, and i'm not from US if it's an english acronym. if it's french - ok, i'm from these two letters :P ...and to make things clearer - i don't use no seedbox, right now in moscow if you live in the right place you can get 20-30 mbit for 50$

predateur
05-12-2008, 01:12 PM
i download form there at 3-4mb/s and seed at 11-12mb/s
(new torrent)

fabbond
05-12-2008, 02:32 PM
..no, i'm leeching ergo_proxy atm, sorry, i referred to dvd-r mostly concerning release size. right now the progress is 27%, i paused dl for a few hrs so right now i'm about 1.2gb dl 21.3gb ul

well, with enough seeders download speeds will be ok even if seeders have slow connection.. real difference is during initial seeding. and spoken about speeds.. for an average internet user only download speed does matter so maybe that's what they talking about.. torrenters should think primarily not how to download, but instead how to upload :) now, from what i understood, ovh seedboxes are located in france? but from 150 peers no one seemed to be from there :) and the fact that i'm not in france (that's sad, actually, nothing to be proud of :) ) doesn't make no difference.. ..oh, and i'm not from US if it's an english acronym. if it's french - ok, i'm from these two letters :P ...and to make things clearer - i don't use no seedbox, right now in moscow if you live in the right place you can get 20-30 mbit for 50$

yes and in europe too, that's a flag error also for proxad.net and gaoland.net (french providers)

iamKy666
05-12-2008, 02:53 PM
France has the best connections is Europe.
Vive la France!!!

kukushka
05-12-2008, 04:28 PM
Never visited France,but friends who already did in the past said me that there,exist the best connections is Europe.
Vive la France!!!
If i was in france, i wouldn't care too much about internet :) if you saw "a good year", you know what i mean. et oui, vive la france :)

yayyyyyy
05-13-2008, 07:56 AM
Sorry, didn't saw you were from Russia :)

well... in france you can have adsl even if you leave in a city with 2k ppl in it and no more... in USSR / UA / whatever other of those countries... you might be able to get fast connections only in certain places (as everywhere), but in many others area you are completly without interwebz... maybe even without phone... and someone also without food... :|

anyway: not all the countries have such bad international routing like the ones from east europe (that specify even in the ISP contracts that there are two different speed from local and international)... maybe it's also something like that ;)