PDA

View Full Version : Movies Dont Play On Any Media Player

pantera667
08-12-2003, 01:23 PM
i downloaded the latest american pie sequel but it has not played on any f the media players that i have.. - windows mp 9 , divX alpha,real9, even on the avi preview avaialable with kazaa itself.

the file is on avi format .but doesnt play.at all.

ocan something ber done about this.?

balamm
08-12-2003, 01:37 PM
Codec pack installed?

ehnoismemu
08-12-2003, 02:42 PM
check the needed codecs using "gspot codec information" included in the k-lite codec pack.
btw, if you have the latest k-lite codec pack installed, probably you have the needed codecs installed.
check it using gspot, and if you have the right codecs, welcome to the world of fakes! :o

kmg90
08-12-2003, 02:58 PM
BSPlayer Sucks it's just LOADED with bugs and errors everytime i load it i just know at anyment an error is going to occur

BigBank_Hank
08-12-2003, 03:14 PM
I play most of my video files with videolan. It works great and plays just about everything. You can find it at the main web site.

pantera667
08-12-2003, 03:54 PM
well.i do have ther codec pack installed but still no luck..

ill try the videolan thing..thanks .

pantera667
08-12-2003, 04:24 PM
it isnt playing even on videolan

scruballer
08-12-2003, 06:16 PM
Hey right click on the file and try to play it with the windows media player listed toward the bottom of players for the file, I have win 2000pro, and it's an old version of windows media player, plays everything else I can't play in WM9 with the kazaalite codec pack installed, it's ghetto and takes forever to track through segments of the video but it should work

BigBank_Hank
08-12-2003, 06:16 PM
It sounds like you got a fake file then. If you have tried everything the we've suggested and it still doesn't work it has to be a fake. Did you download a verified version of the movie?

pantera667
08-13-2003, 02:55 AM
well..
the file was a #tmd movie.
and it did play with stoppages on the theatre .but no luck outside.
and its about 215 megz.

and a lot of people seemed to have it,around 100 . but i cudnt quite ask them wether it was working cuz all of em seemed to have their block messages option on.

am i missing something..do i have to encode it or something?

its an avi file.amreican pie 1 of 2

pantera667
08-13-2003, 02:56 AM
well..
the file was a #tmd movie.
and it did play with stoppages on the theatre .but no luck outside.
and its about 215 megz.

and a lot of people seemed to have it,around 100 . but i cudnt quite ask them wether it was working cuz all of em seemed to have their block messages option on.

am i missing something..do i have to encode it or something?

its an avi file.amreican wedding 1 of 2

Bsmith26
08-13-2003, 03:31 AM
I have just d/l a file with the name obus and when i went to play it in my divx player it says i dont have the right codec..
What codec do i need too play OBUS movies?

zzzipie
08-13-2003, 10:25 AM
Hey right click on the file and try to play it with the windows media player listed toward the bottom of players for the file, I have win 2000pro, and it's an old version of windows media player, plays everything else I can't play in WM9 with the kazaalite codec pack installed, it's ghetto and takes forever to track through segments of the video but it should work

Is there a way to uninstall WMP 9 or make it apear in the add/remove software menu?