PDA

View Full Version : Fix Your Board Or You'll Loose Your Advertisers

Beck38
05-12-2008, 01:10 PM
With all the errors (and 'unavailable' and 'too busy' messages on this board), you're going to loose your advertisers pretty soon for failure to meet basic uptime.

Barbarossa
05-12-2008, 01:20 PM
You fucking moron.

It doesn't cost advertisers anything to appear on this site, they get paid per click so if the site goes down they don't lose any money or anything, they just won't get as much revenue from this site.

I'm more worried that the board members will eventually get disgruntled and stop coming here so much if the site gets too unreliable.

Well, some members, obviously. :dabs:

tralalala
05-12-2008, 01:27 PM
^ Might even be good for the board in some ways.. Some of the bittard noobs will quit, leaving the Lounge spammage-cunts more space to pursue their life-mission.

chalice
05-12-2008, 01:38 PM
We will 'loose' our advertisers?

I didn't know we had them tied up.

You live and learn. :dabs:

Aliyans
05-12-2008, 04:27 PM
above all these this thing has been going on for weeks now.. i cant browse more than 5 pages b4 geting server busy message..i cant understand just why its not fixed.. or its not fixable??

J-dye
05-12-2008, 05:53 PM
even if it is ddos, isnt it possible to filter out ip's and stop it ? :unsure:

Beck38
05-12-2008, 06:16 PM
You fucking moron.

It doesn't cost advertisers anything to appear on this site, they get paid per click so if the site goes down they don't lose any money or anything, they just won't get as much revenue from this site.

And so if the 'attempted' log ins (or 'visitors') get nowhere, therefore they don't have anything to 'click' on, that doesn't reduce the number of clicks?

Who's the 'moron'? You know, the one who doesn't understand 'advertising' on internet web pages...?

RealitY
05-12-2008, 06:16 PM
Were trying to sort the issue. Though if you dont know its from attacks on the site. For now we dont even know why or who is doing it. As for the ads none are based on uptime on the site...

Skiz
05-12-2008, 06:32 PM
You fucking moron.

I'm more worried that the board members will eventually get disgruntled and stop coming here so much if the site gets too unreliable.

Clicks are nice as they obviously let the ad purchasers know the ads are working, but the ads are not paid by click.

http://filesharingtalk.com/vb3/adservices.php

RealitY
05-12-2008, 07:10 PM
Actually some of the ads are pay by click...

Skiz
05-12-2008, 07:12 PM
Actually some of the ads are pay by click...

So I guess the older ads are by click via their agreement at the time, and the newer method is via a payment system?

Hairbautt
05-12-2008, 09:52 PM
:dabs: The "Server busy" is getting rather tiresome.

tesco
05-12-2008, 10:09 PM
You fucking moron.

Clicks are nice as they obviously let the ad purchasers know the ads are working, but the ads are not paid by click.

http://filesharingtalk.com/vb3/adservices.phpNobody ever goes for that, so most of our revenue IS pay per click, the rest is pay-per-signup (giganews, etc.).:lol:
The pay-per-click are yahoo, google, adbrite, etc.

Beck38
05-12-2008, 11:05 PM

http://filesharingtalk.com/vb3/adservices.phpNobody ever goes for that, so most of our revenue IS pay per click, the rest is pay-per-signup (giganews, etc.).:lol:

Whichever, guys, obviously the system needs to be 'up' and working a bit more than it has as of late, to 'generate' those clicks.

I know a bit about vbulletin, and did notice that it was running a 'beta' version a few days ago, when things were really bad, and is now running 3.7.0, which seems more stable but still is... shaky.

Hopefully it isn't some kind of 'full frontal' attack, as that could be 'sticky' for whomever the board is hosted on. But hopefully it can be resolved.

tesco
05-12-2008, 11:07 PM
The problem is not related to the versino of vbulletin.
That beta had no major and very little minor bugs in it.

Skiz
05-13-2008, 03:20 AM

Got it. :)

100%
05-21-2008, 06:25 PM
F F Sake!
Fix teh board:emule:
It has had tumors for 3 weeks now

:ft:

http://www.infsq.co.uk/images/vader/vader-fail.jpg

vip
05-22-2008, 04:23 AM
Over the last few days this Board is extremely slow,even slower than dial-up with some pages not even loading.Is it server maintenance or something?

jayz707
05-22-2008, 05:41 AM
hope you guys can fix this as soon as possible. this is a grate board... may be its just getting too much traffic? :)

Skiz
05-22-2008, 06:41 AM
As has been said, there were some attacks on the site and the problem is being worked out.

There shouldn't be many errors (if any) at this point. If you get them, please just be patient as it is being worked on.