PDA

View Full Version : how to hide mIRC completely?

sylvanus
05-12-2008, 04:36 PM
hello

i am just wondering if anyone who has a deep knowledge in mIRC can help me out. i am using this for some trackers but want to hide it completely from other people who can use the computer while i use it for torrent.

everything is good (disable sound and everything) but when connection is not stable and server is disconnected. i can see this kind of message below.

and then it automatically tries to reconnect and show me similar message like this.

what i do now is that hide mirc to tray icon and use a program to hide tray icon.

how can i hide these disconnect/connect message...? help me out ! thanks.

central2rbay
05-12-2008, 04:52 PM
Which version of mIRC are you using Sylv, and are you using a script?

sylvanus
05-12-2008, 05:04 PM
ya. i am trying to use script.

my mirc version is 6.31

central2rbay
05-12-2008, 05:04 PM
Sylv,

Go to Tools - Options ~ Display - Options - Tips - Uncheck "Enable Tips"

That should do it!

sylvanus
05-12-2008, 05:19 PM
Sylv,

Go to Tools - Options ~ Display - Options - Tips - Uncheck "Enable Tips"

That should do it!

beautiful.. =)

Thank you

J-dye
05-12-2008, 05:46 PM

my mirc version is 6.31

that version sucks, try 6.21 instead

legom
05-12-2008, 06:02 PM
If you hold down <ctrl> while clicking the minimize button, you can password protect mIRC. Granted, the icon will still show up in the tray, but nobody will be able to do anything with it unless they know the password.

sylvanus
05-12-2008, 06:49 PM

my mirc version is 6.31

that version sucks, try 6.21 instead

what is wrong with 6.31?

thanks for your advice =)

kukushka
05-12-2008, 08:44 PM
hmm, actually, on scc script (and also on other trackers obviously) it's possible to make a script to remotely upload torrents thru webgui on utorrent.. so one computer can run mirc while the other one - utorrent.
actually, i think there were utilities to hide tasks from taskbar/tray but i couldn't find them, didn't search for it hard enough )

markupmaster
05-12-2008, 08:49 PM
I use a program called Hide-Window Pro or something like that. I can hide my stuff rather quickly. Useful for when you're doing something on your PC you aren't supposed to as well..

/me looks out the corners of his eyes...

:P

Giveaway
05-13-2008, 10:44 AM
I use a program called Hide-Window Pro or something like that. I can hide my stuff rather quickly. Useful for when you're doing something on your PC you aren't supposed to as well..

/me looks out the corners of his eyes...

:P
ill give it a try :)