PDA

View Full Version : Scene needs better camera's

WarrenBuffet
05-14-2008, 08:06 PM
Hey, as digital video camera technology is improving 10 fold every 2 years or so, I start to wonder why the scene doesn't use hd video cameras and then reoncode it to a standard dvd resolution rip. As far a a dvd rip would go, that "cam" would look on par to a normal dvd rip if it had TS audio.
soo.... does the scene use hd cameras? Will they? If they don't, what kind do they use lol?

munaaf
05-14-2008, 08:14 PM
well surely u got to understand that the scene do not make any profits from thier releases and the cost of HD video cameras are very high, it wouldnt make much sense to atm, mayb in the future when bandwith is greater and there is more of a demand for high quality releases. Plus im not sure what you are on about, unless ur talking about a CAM release. But that would be hard again they probably use like a normal VC, you do know that members from that group often do not go to the cinema and film it, its done by someone else.

yayyyyyy
05-14-2008, 08:22 PM
do it, or stfu and be grateful :)

WarrenBuffet
05-14-2008, 08:23 PM
well surely u got to understand that the scene do not make any profits from thier releases and the cost of HD video cameras are very high, it wouldnt make much sense to atm, mayb in the future when bandwith is greater and there is more of a demand for high quality releases. Plus im not sure what you are on about, unless ur talking about a CAM release. But that would be hard again they probably use like a normal VC, you do know that members from that group often do not go to the cinema and film it, its done by someone else.

Groups have suppliers, which are technically "in" the group. Cheap HD digital camcorders are 300 bucks now.

munaaf
05-14-2008, 08:34 PM

puckface
05-14-2008, 08:45 PM
a. go to the store
b. buy a camera (a good one)
c. go to the movies
d. record the shit
e. release it
f. dont get caught
f2. if you do get caught, dont drop your soap in the shower

kukushka
05-14-2008, 08:48 PM
is this thread about bt? :D

dunson
05-14-2008, 08:52 PM
Send an email with your constructive criticism to PreVail or something. I think the address is in the .nfo. Otherwise, we can speculate about this all day. But that still doesn't change the fact that CAMs are for n00bs and I wouldn't watch them unless you paid me.

Polarbear
05-14-2008, 11:14 PM
·:·);2826108']Hey, as digital video camera technology is improving 10 fold every 2 years or so, I start to wonder why the scene doesn't use hd video cameras and then reoncode it to a standard dvd resolution rip. As far a a dvd rip would go, that "cam" would look on par to a normal dvd rip if it had TS audio.
soo.... does the scene use hd cameras? Will they? If they don't, what kind do they use lol?

even with the best video camera filmed from the booth a cam looks crappy. you obviously don't know a lot about video/film.

yayyyyyy
05-15-2008, 09:19 AM
she mean to directly go on the set and film there.... not @cinema :D

DO IT OR STFU

Alien5
05-15-2008, 09:25 AM
cams a shit.

saqib
05-15-2008, 10:18 AM
cams are deffinitely for nOOb ... RS and TS sometimes do the job

sovaz
05-15-2008, 10:30 AM
Even by filming a theatre screen with the best cams around won't yield better quality than dvdrip releases...cams are definitely for noobs

Polarbear
05-15-2008, 10:34 AM
i sometimes find an old cam in my movie cd collection. i ususally throw the cd in the trash and download a hdrip.

Sputnik
05-15-2008, 12:33 PM
20th did the best quality cams I've ever seen. Rarely watch them nowadays.

J-dye
05-15-2008, 12:59 PM
Tophos releases their own cam rips , so why dont you ask them ? :unsure:

DV8type
05-15-2008, 11:18 PM
you cant be serious. OP needs to stop and think. Do you understand that it is ILLEGAL to cam movies? Can you imagine some guy setting up a HD camera in the middle of the theater? They are using infared now to detect phone cameras, i doubt they will be smuggling in a HD Cam. I suppose you can take mVs route and go on the run

thedemon44
05-16-2008, 12:10 AM
Why would anyone ever want to watch a cam release? Either pay the money to go watch the show if you are that needy, or simply wait for a quality release.

Movies dont take long to go from theaters to DVD.

SolarisWind
05-16-2008, 07:48 AM
Cam releases are useful to get a feel of a movie before seeing it. Kinda like a preview. If it looks really good then I think it's better to go to the theaters. It's worth it for the awesome sound and ambiance.

giannis
05-16-2008, 07:54 AM
she mean to directly go on the set and film there.... not @cinema :D

:w00t::w00t::w00t:

maged918
05-16-2008, 11:33 AM
It is actually quite hard to get a camera into a movie theater.. Try doing it yourself, and then tell us what happened, so I think everybody should be grateful with CAMs these days..

dunson
05-16-2008, 03:10 PM
Send an email with your constructive criticism to PreVail or something. I think the address is in the .nfo. Otherwise, we can speculate about this all day. But that still doesn't change the fact that CAMs are for n00bs and I wouldn't watch them unless you paid me.
LMAO you acctually think prevail does their own cams....
hahahaha
they dl most of their releases off p2p.. just like mvs and the rest of the scene groups who do anything < DVD Quality.
What Prevail doesnt dl from p2p is just purchased "silvers" which many were downloaded off p2p networks and sold by "silver" suppliers like angel. (Wont give exact name/links.)

Scene nowadays is nothing like what it was even 2 yrs ago.

Dude, I don't even give a shit about Prevail or xvids, since the quality blows and I'd rather watch the DVD. I just thought of the name off the top of my head. But, feel free to keep flaming about groups if that makes you feel like you're the man on the scene.

maxpowersin
05-16-2008, 04:15 PM
I always thought the people who were taking the camera to theater to record movies were in some kinda "arrangement" with the theater owners/staff.. I don't know if this is true but if it is then they rather use better cameras as the topic starter guy said...