PDA

View Full Version : IP Banned?

slimdogp
05-14-2008, 11:21 PM
I'm pretty sure I've been IP banned. I'm using a proxy to connect to the site right now. On my real IP I can't ping the site or anything. It was most like during the 'server busy' errors I would reclick a few times. I didn't think it was *THAT* excessive, but apparantly it was ;)

I do apologize and assure you I had no malicious intent. If anyone is able to look into this for me, please reply. I will check this thread as long as my proxy holds out. Also my email is my fst nickname at yahoo

Cheers,

slim-

Groovy
05-14-2008, 11:24 PM
I'm pretty sure I've been IP banned. I'm using a proxy to connect to the site right now. On my real IP I can't ping the site or anything. It was most like during the 'server busy' errors I would reclick a few times. I didn't think it was *THAT* excessive, but apparantly it was ;)

I do apologize and assure you I had no malicious intent. If anyone is able to look into this for me, please reply. I will check this thread as long as my proxy holds out. Also my email is my fst nickname at yahoo

Cheers,

slim-
--------------------------------------
I have the same problem i get server busy message many time everyday

slimdogp
05-14-2008, 11:35 PM
Well I'm not getting the server busy error, it just won't hit the server at all.

tesco
05-15-2008, 12:04 AM
Try again later.
It's either that the server auto-banned you (which it used to do to me as well if I repeatedly refresh...) or a DNS issue with your ISP, both should clear up within 24 hours.

edit: Update. Apaprantly the ip ban issue doesnt get cleared up in 24 hours, you'll need to change IPs.

slimdogp
05-15-2008, 12:09 AM
I just checked the nslookup, and it is fine. So its not the DNS. Was it last night? or the night before? I don't remember. I'll just proxy for now and if it doesn't clear the ban within 48 hours I will post back.

Thanks

tesco
05-15-2008, 09:35 PM
I just checked the nslookup, and it is fine. So its not the DNS. Was it last night? or the night before? I don't remember. I'll just proxy for now and if it doesn't clear the ban within 48 hours I will post back.

ThanksIt's your ISP's DNS records that would have teh mistake, not the DNS that nslookup would be looking up (unless i'm mistaken in what nslookup is :unsure:).

punchman1
05-16-2008, 02:02 AM
I'm having a heck of a time connecting to the site. The first of the week was fine. For the last few days all I get is "Internet Explorer cannot display the webpage" The only reason I can post is through a browser proxy. Is it something I did? Can I fix it?

Swift
05-16-2008, 03:28 PM
server problem i guess... the majority of users encounter this problems

slimdogp
05-18-2008, 02:26 AM
I'm back.. proxy'd up again. I am 100% certain I've been ip banned and waiting isn't helping :( Can anyone assist with any other advice or a manual unbanning?

Thanks,

slim-

RedRansom
05-18-2008, 03:28 AM
maybe you need to delete your cookies ?

stoi
05-19-2008, 10:43 PM
I am having the same problem, Page cannot be displayed on 3 different PCS (all on the same IP though) and this has been going on for the pat 5 days, not once have i got on the site with the prper URL.

I am on with a proxy atm, but its so slow and the site looks crap (themes are wrecked) and i cant be assed to sort it.

I am just posting this as i am a BT CR on here, just just thought you should know, but it is annoying as hell.

I have asked another member from here, that is on the same ISP as me if he can connect and he can, so not sure if its the ISP fault or not.

tesco
05-19-2008, 10:54 PM
Try changing your IPaddress, if possible.
It's possible that the server banned you for multiple requests in a short timeframe.
It happened to me, around the same time as you say (5 days).

stoi
05-19-2008, 10:58 PM
well i can, but it just changed the other day, im on a static IP so if i use a new router it changes other than that it doesnt. and i had to get a new router as my other 1 blew up lol

and as far as i know, i never refreshed to much, once every 20 minutes if i get server errors, i dont and never have hammered the page.

I am thinking maybe the IP i am on now has been banned previously from another member, but as my IP usually changes once every blue moon, i havnt a clue lol (but its not easy to change my IP)

tesco
05-19-2008, 11:03 PM
If it changed by changing your router then what you need to do is go into the router config and change the router's mac address.
Just changing any 1 character will do.
Then unplug the router and modem, plug them back in, and you should get a new ip.

stoi
05-19-2008, 11:08 PM
well Ok but its still not that easy, On my server the staff members that can get in ar linked to their IPS, i already got mine changed 2 days ago to my new ip, so if i change it again, im locked out of my server till i see a staff member that can change it.

Its a pain in the arse, but it is pretty safe.

i might try that later though, if it means i can get back on here without a proxie.

Theif
05-19-2008, 11:13 PM
Me too, i can't access site either with my normal UK ip. Using proxy now.

tesco
05-19-2008, 11:18 PM
Me too, i can't access site either with my normal UK ip. Using proxy now.Read my last 2 posts.

markupmaster
05-20-2008, 01:11 AM
I am having the same issue.. :( I am connecting now via proxy.. I will google around on how to change MAC Address. I wish it could be resolved another way though.. Thanks Rossco! :)

Snee
05-20-2008, 07:58 AM
If it changed by changing your router then what you need to do is go into the router config and change the router's mac address.
Then unplug the router and modem, plug them back in, and you should get a new ip.

Whatever happened to going into cmd and releasing and renewing your ip like a normal person?

You know cmd>

ipconfig /release and/or ipconfig /renew.

If switching router did it for him, surely that ought to do it as well. Unless he's talking about his wan IP or something, in which case that's changeable through the router settings.

:unsure:

EDit: maybe that just messes with his wan IP, though, come to think of it. But if so, the router should have commands for it.

EDitII: If it's choking on the cache /flushdns might be of help as well, btw. If something has changed on this end, like the serverip, or something.

BradleyPittock
05-20-2008, 06:24 PM

RealitY
05-20-2008, 06:37 PM
Were checking into this with tech now...

tesco
05-20-2008, 09:57 PM

Whatever happened to going into cmd and releasing and renewing your ip like a normal person?

You know cmd>

If switching router did it for him, surely that ought to do it as well. Unless he's talking about his wan IP or something, in which case that's changeable through the router settings.

EDit: maybe that just messes with his wan IP, though, come to think of it. But if so, the router should have commands for it.

EDitII: If it's choking on the cache /flushdns might be of help as well, btw. If something has changed on this end, like the serverip, or something.I meant to change his internet IP not the wan ip.
With a router you can't just use ipconfig /release.

punchman1
05-21-2008, 04:18 AM
I havn't tried the MAC address change. I'm tired of the wierd display, going through a proxy. BTW: greetings stoi. Glad to see it's not just me having problems.

kalel
05-22-2008, 02:34 AM
I am having the same issue can not connect unless I go through a proxy, so something is way messed up with the forum

Funkin'
05-22-2008, 04:02 AM
Yeah, this definitely sucks. I haven't been able to connect to the site for over a week now. I just thought it was down. Then I though to use a proxy, and now here I am.

So I have to change my IP just to access the site?

Barbarossa
05-22-2008, 12:28 PM
Loads of people are saying their IP addresses are blocked.

Including Mulder and Benchez.

What the hell is going on? :blink:

Snee
05-22-2008, 12:49 PM

You know cmd>

EDitII: If it's choking on the cache /flushdns might be of help as well, btw. If something has changed on this end, like the serverip, or something.I meant to change his internet IP not the wan ip.
Yes, that's why I said it maybe just messes with his wan ip.

However, with some routers just rebooting/refreshing/renewing (depends on brand and what they call the menu option) them renews the IP. True story.

That mac-hax sounds like a roundabout way of doing it :unsure: :idunno:

BradleyPittock
05-22-2008, 07:25 PM
d'oh

tesco
05-22-2008, 10:22 PM
I meant to change his internet IP not the wan ip.
Yes, that's why I said it maybe just messes with his wan ip.

However, with some routers just rebooting/refreshing/renewing (depends on brand and what they call the menu option) them renews the IP. True story.

That mac-hax sounds like a roundabout way of doing it :unsure: :idunno:
Not always true. Some (i thoguht all but i guess i'm wrong) ISPs assign the same ip to a certain mac address every time it connects, unless that old IP is already taken (could take days or weeks of the modem being off for taht to happen).

Snee
05-23-2008, 12:06 AM
I'ma take your word for it, like.

Sounds about right, I guess.

Why make things easy, like :dry:

BradleyPittock
05-23-2008, 01:00 AM
Pretty please. :mellow:

enoughfakefiles
05-23-2008, 06:36 PM
Loads of people are saying their IP addresses are blocked.

Including Mulder and Benchez.

What the hell is going on? :blink:

If i go through my belkin wireless router i can't access this site, but without it can :blink:

tesco
05-23-2008, 09:42 PM
Guys, start PMing me your banned IPs and I will flood the tech support's email inboxes with them.
Maybe that will get them off their asses and they'll start to actually fix the problem.

Funkin'
05-24-2008, 04:26 AM
Thank you rossco, I'll pm you right now. If they don't happen to bother with fixing this problem, is it possible for you to manually unban the IP's?

Thanks again.

0riGiNaLBoX
05-24-2008, 03:46 PM
i have this problem too but i only wait to opened again

punchman1
05-26-2008, 03:24 AM
rossco, sent you a pm. Work your magic!

trackrider
05-27-2008, 12:47 AM
I am also having the ip ban thing going on too. I have not been able to get in to the site in over a week. I get the "IE cannot display the webpage" thing. I thought the site was down all week and finally found a friend today that told me it was up but slow. I have a cell phone internet access card I use to travel so I used it to get here tonight with no problems. Please fix my home IP so I can come back to the site. :cry: Thanks

I am back :w00t: thanks for the help :D :D

RealitY
05-27-2008, 03:22 AM
Were trying to sort this issue now...

markupmaster
05-27-2008, 04:00 PM
All works for me now!

Thanks Guys!

:)

punchman1
05-27-2008, 06:04 PM
Something must have changed because it works for me now.:D

puckface
05-27-2008, 06:24 PM
Today is the first day ive been able to even hit the site in 2 weeks, Im using my work location right now to get on, Ill have to check when I get home... Ive changed DNS servers, Ive also done a reinstall (unrelated) so its not my macbook or DNS, its gotta be on the server end. EDIT: yay. It works from home. thanks

slimdogp
05-27-2008, 06:49 PM
I'm unbanned now. All is well, and I'm glad to be back :)

Thanks for the help

/me shuffles back to the bittorrent forum now

Funkin'
05-31-2008, 02:50 AM
Finally, I can access the site without being behind a proxy. Thanks to whoever finally got up and fixed the problem.

slimdogp
06-08-2008, 04:33 AM
Yep, I'm banned again. I know this time the most I ever refreshed during the errors was twice. Grr, I dunno what the threshold is, but I guess I crossed it again..

Begging for another unban, post back if you can help.

Proxily yours,

slim-

slimdogp
06-08-2008, 03:00 PM
"Free at last! free at last! thank God Almighty, we are free at last!"

Oh wait, I'm not a slave, just ip banned...

Anywho, its mysteriously working again. Thanks??

slim-

RealitY
06-08-2008, 05:16 PM
If we gave you such details wede have to ban you again...

stoi
06-28-2008, 12:10 AM
looks like ive been banned again lol

been trying all day to get in, page not found.

tried through a proxy again and straight in.

jayz707
06-28-2008, 12:41 AM
its sometimes irritating, how slow this is...