PDA

View Full Version : I Have Posted This So Many Times But No

hellofriend
08-12-2003, 06:18 PM
i was loading something and a message box came up saying this... the program then terminates....

please tell me what this means... i have made so many posts on this but no one answers... please help me...

here is the error...

"General protection fault!

History: UGameEngine::LoadMap <- LocalMapURL <- UGameEngine::Browse <- ClientTravel <- UGameEngine::Tick <- UpdateWorld <- MainLoop"

Xilo
08-12-2003, 06:23 PM
What program were you trying to run?

nostalgia
08-12-2003, 06:26 PM
Were you trying to connect for on-line gaming? If so, were you trying to play a game on-line which you got as a crack er with a serial from the internet?

ObiWan
08-12-2003, 06:31 PM
i replied to the post in gameworld http://www.klboard.ath.cx/index.php?showtopic=61280

hellofriend
08-12-2003, 07:59 PM
well... the game is splinter cell....

is it true that some cd protection methods are having some sectors corrupted on purpose???? did i fix them using cdmage??? is that why there is an error???

skelley521
08-12-2003, 08:02 PM
Originally posted by hellofriend@12 August 2003 - 14:59
well... the game is splinter cell....

is it true that some cd protection methods are having some sectors corrupted on purpose???? did i fix them using cdmage??? is that why there is an error???
Check the FAQ page on cdmage HERE (http://cdmage.cjb.net/).

ObiWan
08-12-2003, 08:33 PM
try installing a no cd patch
it stops splinter cell from checking the protection on the CD

upgrade Splinter Cell to 1.2 from the official site
go to gamecopyworld.com
download the appropriate crack
follow instructions on how to apply (the 1 i got has the filename bat-s12n.rar and you need to replace 2 files one an exe and one a dll)

hellofriend
08-12-2003, 08:44 PM
btw... one thing... i heard that cd protection methods make sure that some sectors are corrupted on purpose so tht protection can work....

i fixed all the errors using cd mage so i must have probably fixed the protection sector that was supposed to be left as errored..... is that why that protection fault box comes up?

ObiWan
08-12-2003, 08:53 PM
Yes thats true however even left as errors it still probably wont work as safedisk 2 is hard to crack and most CD Writers are uncapable of reprodcing the CD even with CloneCD as the errors are changed some how.

as for the General protection fault&#33; i got that even when using the orginal CD as ny graphics card was too old

BTW did the crack work

hellofriend
08-12-2003, 10:28 PM
i have a ati radeon 9500 pro and that runs more or less any game out to date obiwan.... do u think my drivers are too old???

also, i used the 1.2 patch and the crack u told me and an error message came up saying this when i loaded teh game...

"Entry point not found...

The procedue entry point ?GDTGraph@@3V?&#036;TArray............... could not be located in the dynamic link library engine.dll..."""

what does all that mean????

DWk
08-12-2003, 11:09 PM
well i guess this SHOULD be moved to gameworld...but whatever...

that message dont have nothing to do with the copied cd version lol..

its just grafix problem. its prolly just because your card doesnt support the game... one solution to try would be update gfx drivers... but i wouldnt have much hope.

i had same problem when trying to play Raven Shield with my tnt2 riva 32mb....

now i got an mx440 hehe

DWk

Marius24
08-13-2003, 01:25 AM
all u have to do to fix it, is to go to the site that has the latest drive for your graphics card (sorry i dont kno wht the site is)... i had the same problem, u need anymore help try the splinter cell forum at ubi.com