PDA

View Full Version : How to improve Tehconnection

2slick4u
05-15-2008, 03:16 PM
Please post new ideas how to improve new Tehconnection tracker and the community

SgtMajor
05-15-2008, 03:21 PM
Replace the floating drop down buttons with properly designed ones, ugh!

Polarbear
05-15-2008, 03:33 PM
-do the bugfixes.

-get some good and experienced additional staff members. you're going to need them.

0Ri0N
05-15-2008, 06:17 PM
Unblock whole countries! :s

Nemrod
05-15-2008, 06:30 PM
I donīt like layout. Thatīs the most showy thing I can think about.
About community... itīs too early, I guess. But first what do TC want to be?, then clear and strict rules would help.
Try to find good staff, with experience and well headed people. No little ignorant tyrants bitching people or acting like little gods, as many sites are used to. Not only SysOps and Admins must be excellent, usually Mods and FLS are who, for being more in contact with users, create staff reputation and respectability.

ligerpt
05-15-2008, 06:31 PM
+ 1

ghurka
05-15-2008, 06:46 PM
More categories.

Maybe give all users say a 2GB start to get them leeching.

Submission
05-15-2008, 06:46 PM

killercam101
05-15-2008, 06:49 PM
Needs a better look other than that it just needs more active users

puckface
05-15-2008, 06:49 PM
redesign and bugfixes

Grind$oFine
05-15-2008, 07:35 PM
redesign - layout and stylesheet, more content, more users, bonus system/seed points/no ratio/freeleech, benefits for uploading, request/offers section, some sort of "Xvid week" contest, followed by "DVDR" and "HD" weeks, add more forum categories, redesign the forums(please!)

I also think it's a tracker that would benefit from Gazelle code. I think that's the best change they could make.

Just off the top of my head...

Prilost
05-15-2008, 07:52 PM

+1000

yayyyyyy
05-15-2008, 08:00 PM
place signup.php in the root directory XD

aw-hoc
05-15-2008, 08:23 PM
redesign +1

giannis
05-15-2008, 08:55 PM
Needs a better look other than that it just needs more active users

+1 :)

FACE_TO_FACE
05-15-2008, 09:18 PM

:frusty: :dabs: :noes: :blink::slap:

maged918
05-15-2008, 09:23 PM
Unblock whole countries! + 1

tasqeiro
05-15-2008, 09:39 PM

x (+infitive)

ceasar
05-15-2008, 09:41 PM

+1

ligerpt
05-15-2008, 09:43 PM
I guess we have a winner: Unblock whole countries!

kooftspc11
05-15-2008, 10:34 PM
put the download link on the right side (next to the comments) rather than on the left (before the torrent name).

i would also like more complete forums with subforums for gaming, software, xx, etc..it is really hard to be active in a forum that has nothing to offer

`Dr. Nick Riviera`
05-15-2008, 10:52 PM
Everything important is pretty much said...

monk3y
05-15-2008, 11:22 PM
block Earth - too many cheaters and bad people, let only people from Mars in, they are awesome i hear.

dawsonkm
05-15-2008, 11:32 PM
redesign and bugfixes

My vote

Fr33don
05-15-2008, 11:34 PM
More categories.

Maybe give all users say a 2GB start to get them leeching.

Agreed.

Detale
05-15-2008, 11:38 PM
Ummm Maybe it's just me but why not do this in the TC forums? Wouldn't that make more sense. sure some people here are members there but EVERYONE there is a member there right? right!

`Dr. Nick Riviera`
05-16-2008, 12:17 AM
I am a member of TC but I don't visit their forums at all, so I would rather discus this here... :)

dunson
05-16-2008, 12:30 AM
The site is still new, so just let it grow. Fix the problems, make the users happy and address issues as they come up. You want a big site, then you have to give it time to attract a large member base and get them using the tracker in addition to their current trackers.

A lot of sites seem too worried about how to fix the site, but the reality is you guys all work hard and do a great job. I acknowledge and respect all the thought, care and effort that goes into some of the great new trackers I'm a member of. But these trackers are young. Let them grow naturally, let it evolve and encourage that through contests, themes, leech incentives, etc.

If you build it they will come. If you fill the site with great content and people, then it will be an awesome tracker, eventually. Patience, please. Thanks for all your hard work staffers of all trackers reading this. I know I really appreciate what you guys do for us. :)

XS75
05-16-2008, 12:53 AM
the best idea TC ever had was banning some of the worst nations in p2p history

* Turkey
* Egypt <-- Low Down Dirty Rotten Users
* Portugal
* Israel <-- The Worst of Them All

Wow, what an amazing idea, banning those crappy users and their bad habits of trading and cheating, phenomenal, they've probably just saved several thousand hours of work by not having to ban those users one at a time! If only other trackers would ban these nations as well! :)

`Dr. Nick Riviera`
05-16-2008, 01:02 AM
I think you shouldn't be so prejudice...

colbert
05-16-2008, 01:09 AM
I hate cheaters. Ban more countries!

XS75
05-16-2008, 01:18 AM

yes! You have the right idea! ban more bad countries!

Submission
05-16-2008, 01:19 AM
redesign, because it is so fucking hard to read.

Who puts white words on a light background?

dark words on a light background...I'm not a designer but its just an eyesore right now.

0Ri0N
05-16-2008, 01:22 AM

I'm with you, start to ban USA. :)

ligerpt
05-16-2008, 01:40 AM

* Turkey
* Portugal

Wow, what an amazing idea, banning those crappy users and their bad habits of trading and cheating, phenomenal, they've probably just saved several thousand hours of work by not having to ban those users one at a time! If only other trackers would ban these nations as well! :)
Why donīt you add your country to the list?
Why donīt you add the entire world? That way I'm sure you wonīt find any cheater there.

I'm pretty sure that those fake ratio programs werenīt made by any portuguese.
Show me a number where you can prove me that portuguese members cheat more than the americans.

Another SweDVDR!

Detale
05-16-2008, 01:59 AM
I am a member of TC but I don't visit their forums at all, so I would rather discus this here... :)

Well tha5ts a shame then, as a member of any site you should at least try and be active there as well as here being a member of a site is more than just downloading and seeding you know.

XS75
05-16-2008, 02:04 AM

So Mr. Israeli or Mr. Egyptian

But USA will never be banned :) Nice Try Though

COUNTRIES THAT WILL NEVER BE BANNED!

Sweden
Canada
USA
Germany
England
Japan
France

* Turkey
* Portugal

Why donīt you add your country to the list?
Why donīt you add the entire world? That way I'm sure you wonīt find any cheater there.

I'm pretty sure that those fake ratio programs werenīt made by any portuguese.
Show me a number where you can prove me that portuguese members cheat more than the americans.

Another SweDVDR!

I dont want to :( The United States pwns, im gonna write to congress and make em keep the Portuguese out :lol:
The entire world? well excuse me dr evil :o i know for a fact aliens dont cheat!
i heard a Portuguese made all the ratio cheat programs with help from Egyptians, Israelis and Turkish negros.

Quote from The Encyclopedia Britannica.

"It is a known fact that Portuguese Users Cheat Approximately 1068% More Than Users From The United States."

Every site should follow SweDVDrs example!

ligerpt
05-16-2008, 02:15 AM
i heard a American made all the ratio cheat programs.

"It is a known fact that Portuguese Users Cheat Approximately 1068% Less Than Users From The United States."

Every site should not follow SweDVDrs example!

Fixed!

mrnobody
05-16-2008, 02:22 AM
ban all countries from the Earth

only allow torrenters from Pluto.

`Dr. Nick Riviera`
05-16-2008, 02:24 AM

Well thats a shame then, as a member of any site you should at least try and be active there as well as here being a member of a site is more than just downloading and seeding you know.

If you are a member of numerous communities its quite hard to keep up with all the forums...
Much easier to have it all in one place, don't you think? :cool:

XS75
05-16-2008, 02:29 AM
i heard a American made all the ratio cheat programs.

"It is a known fact that Portuguese Users Cheat Approximately 1068% Less Than Users From The United States."

Every site should not follow SweDVDrs example!

Fixed!

:lol: your funny! your a funny guy!
you know what we do to Funny Portuguese Cheaters in USA? We beat them senseless, strangle their mothers, shit on their doorsteps, send them to Guantanamo bay for 5 yrs or so, then deport them :D

Nemrod
05-16-2008, 02:51 AM
Fixed!

:lol: your funny! your a funny guy!
you know what we do to Funny Portuguese Cheaters in USA? We beat them senseless, strangle their mothers, shit on their doorsteps, send them to Guantanamo bay for 5 yrs or so, then deport them :D

A touch of class like this is always welcome.

:cry:

SceneLOL
05-16-2008, 04:05 AM

I agree, Egypt and Israel have one of the worst users from scammers to traders and to cheaters.

It's not going to be that long when trackers ban Isreali IP's.

Portugal has good users, some cheat not all.

curtanwoo
05-16-2008, 04:22 AM
Tehconnection is on the track towards world supremacy when it comes to movies. There are a couple of bugs left to weed out, and a couple of requested (and promised) features to implement - then we're all good.

pawned
05-16-2008, 07:00 AM
hmmm why dont you post this thread on the site rather than posting it here?

SolarisWind
05-16-2008, 07:44 AM
I suggest to give new users a 1GB buffer to get them to start leeching without hammering their ratio.

TP635
05-16-2008, 07:50 AM
Seeding bonus would be nice

soulreaper
05-16-2008, 08:35 AM

Awww,someone's bitter from getting banned.:rolleyes::lol:

Ontopic:- Give users a headstart of maybe 1/2gigs to get them to leech more.

t0mmy
05-16-2008, 10:42 AM
yes add 1GB to my upload credits muahahaha :D, i reckon they need to get rid of the drop down menus, like geez, or else make it more smooth... because it looks like its lagging when you go over the main menus :O

monk3y
05-16-2008, 10:54 AM
darkness - you know who talked like that .... if i mention the lowlife's name the thread will probably get locked so if you keep talking like that you can join the Nationalsozialismus party they will love your ideas.

0Ri0N
05-16-2008, 11:07 AM

So Mr. Israeli or Mr. Egyptian

But USA will never be banned :) Nice Try Though

Just because i am defending to unblock whole countries im an Israeli or Egyptian? You are funny.

Competent staff leaders don't ban whole countries, they handle with cheaters/scammers/leechers individuality!

Btw, USA government is banned from the general people minds, should we also condemn all the good USA citizens? Of course not. Think about that.

maged918
05-16-2008, 11:21 AM
Wow.. every country must have its cheaters.. I (From Egypt) love the whole concept of filesharing, so i always like to keep a good ratio, and have even uploaded my own torrents. So to think that everybody from Egypt is a cheater is quite stupid. Banning whole countries is alos downright stupid.. Just make stricter rules so u can ban any cheater or leecher...

mrnobody
05-16-2008, 02:02 PM

Awww,someone's bitter from getting banned.:rolleyes::lol:

love to jump to conclusions, eh?

i asked them to purge/del my account (reason: not interested in TC), they disabled it it.

Hanz™
05-16-2008, 06:30 PM
1. Change the name. It's not 1996, and we're not 13.
2. Change the layout - dropdown boxes are very unintuitive.
3. Staff need to be more intelligent, and better rules need to be written.

F3n1x
05-17-2008, 09:31 AM
I don't give a shit anymore , ban what countries you want.
But Americans sell invites around the world, they cheat too, they created cheating programs. But
America is America.
Portugal have torrent sites too only for Portuguese ppl, and tehconnection is just a one more, PTN copy? Movies movies movies.

I have a account there and i access it and i'm from portugal i won't explain.
I only will let it die.

p.s: when the invites will start cost 20euros?

Grind$oFine
05-17-2008, 11:12 AM
I don't agree with banning whole countries, but I also admit I don't know a damn thing about running a tracker so...
Maybe someone should start a tracker only for the countries that are banned on trackers - then people might understand why staff do it. :-P
I think that if someone is a good user living in that country they can probably get into the trackers their country is banned at if they can get an inviter to talk to the staff nicely and vouch for them.

The U.S. makes up of a huge percentage of BT users - they won't be banned.
An despite the fact "many American's cheat", they still are always one of the top countries at a tracker (# of users) - usually in the top 3. So that means there are PLENTY of good users, despite bad ones.

By the way, an American may have invented cheating programs, BUT an American invented Bittorrent. So, PWN.

ideto
05-17-2008, 12:10 PM
Unlock Portugal.
I won't use f**king proxy to join a tracker that don't allow my country.

Feeling
05-17-2008, 12:29 PM
3. Staff need to be more intelligent

Care to explain that one?

SaviouR
05-17-2008, 01:19 PM
the design is bland which is the biggest letoff for the site , altho this site has tremendous potential there's absolutely no doubt about that. i agree this site can become the "Oink" of Movies .

nowadays site design is one of the most important factors for a site to succeed and which actually gets more users as well .

i also agree with a member here who said that What.cd source would be the best thing for a site like this , where the user can easily check what formats a particular movie is available .
also IMDB rating by the right of the main torrent page would be fantastic .

the buttons for browsing home , torrents etc need to be reworked drastically , they are more older than government sites of 1990's .
the logo is not attractive and needs to be spiced up , maybe more photoshop affects needed to rework for the logo.

Also for a site like this besides freeleech , it would great if everyday there was a "Movie of the Day" . of course this aint an original idea , but this will be perfect for a site like this . only the "Movie of the day" will have "0x download and 2.5x upload" for only that particular day , thereby increasing seeding/leeching traffic as well the user gets to know about new movies everyday which the users may have not known before .

Also u can actually publicize the "Movie of the day" besides the logo . for e.g if the Movie of the Day is 3:10 to Yuma , then near the logo there will be space for the logo of 3:10 to Yuma with picture of Russell Crowe and Christian Bale to right or left of the "tehconnection" logo , likewise if its Scent of a Woman , the picture logo with Al Pacino signifying that this movie is the Movie of the day instead of posting it in main page all day . This would be a very cool addition to the site IMHO .

Polarbear
05-17-2008, 01:31 PM
just fix the bugs. the tracker only has basic, rudimentary functions so far. many options don't work or are just missing.

make the tracker and the forums run stable and keep it simple for the newcomers.

that should be the first priority and i'm sure it is.

all other layout or design options can be discussed later.

take5
05-17-2008, 02:00 PM
Unlock the suggestion-bug part of their forum ;)

alexdonwarez
05-17-2008, 04:05 PM
The outlay of the site should be changed..It's not that attractive...

legom
05-17-2008, 04:15 PM
I know other people have said this, but I want to emphasize it: change the layout. It currently looks like a really lame attempt at "Web 2.0." In other words, it's a lame attempt at something that's already lame.

positive
05-17-2008, 04:21 PM
First i am just amazed by those "classy" arrogant petrol addicts thinking they are the only ones right on the planet.Happy living in your Mediterranean pearl Texas!
Now for the site.If it will be a first stop for movie goers you should get some ispiration by karagarga, cinematic and goem.That are proper cinefile trackers.With sorting by directors,years,languages,imdb ratings and things like that.And you should know "foreign" is not a film genre.The dropdown navigation is uncomfortable and outdated.So is the bewildering name of the tracker.There is nothing cinematic in it.

FACE_TO_FACE
05-17-2008, 04:45 PM
Is just a copy of PTN... thats true...

You have everything on others trackers...

Bla bla bla...

max59x
05-17-2008, 05:00 PM
Unblock all thos frickin countrys that are banned, only God knows why!

Mister Moo
05-19-2008, 03:03 AM
I have confidence in the site just because Feeling is running it, design wise the site itself is downright ugly, the drop-down menus are clunky and awkward. Content and design are what makes a large-scale specialty tracker superior to others in its class.

markupmaster
05-19-2008, 03:30 AM
For some reason my ip is banned there and I have never even visited there.. /me scratches chin.. I live in the US... :(

1000possibleclaws
05-19-2008, 03:44 AM
nvm i didnt notice the sig lol

Fr33don
05-19-2008, 05:07 AM
If I recall correctly and the fact that he has the SCT icon in his signature, I'm pretty sure he's a member there.

I can go on IRC and ask for you markup, if you want me to.

Disme
05-19-2008, 07:38 AM
Don't understand why so many people complain about the layout of the (any) tracker.

Isn't content/speed/pré/community spirit far more important. For me it is anyway.

It is imo the last thing one would have to change on a tracker if it were up to me.

Stranger99
05-19-2008, 07:54 AM
I have confidence in the site just because Feeling is running it, design wise the site itself is downright ugly, the drop-down menus are clunky and awkward. Content and design are what makes a large-scale specialty tracker superior to others in its class.

feeling is greedy as if it shows he decided to sell ratios on this site even from the very beginning despite of heavy criticism about his fckin Sct donations :yup:

Polarbear
05-19-2008, 08:24 AM
as far as i know, none of the staff has a lot of experience with huge sites that allow user uploads.

allowing only dedicated users to upload is much more easier. there's no private site with such a huge userbase (if they go for 75.000) that allows movie useruploads and is not half public.

it will be extremely difficult for them to keep a quality standard in terms of content. the tracker is still in beta, but even now you see a lot of low quality rips, dupe uploads, users not seeding their uploads, false descriptions etc. unfortunately a torrent report function is not implemented yet.

it'll be a lot of work to manage that for staff. keep in mind that the tracker is going to have at least 10 times as much users.

half public means there will be a lot of hit and running, cheating, dupe accounts.

they do need staff that is experienced in organizing a huge amount of user uploads and sorts out the badd apples quickly.

the only tracker that achhieved this so far was oink. although oink had different, easier to handle content.

it'll be interesting to see how they develope.

cinowell
05-19-2008, 09:07 AM
I think Turkey is blocked too. Shame on Tehconnection.

403 Forbidden

Unauthorized.

Mister Moo
05-20-2008, 05:23 AM

feeling is greedy as if it shows he decided to sell ratios on this site even from the very beginning despite of heavy criticism about his fckin Sct donations :yup:

scenetorrents is a Private tracker and feeling can run it however he wants, if you don't like it don't use it. The fact is ScT is by far the best 0day torrent site in the world and the P2L helps contribute to the site's speed and content.

Stranger99
05-22-2008, 12:44 PM

scenetorrents is a Private tracker and feeling can run it however he wants, if you don't like it don't use it. The fact is ScT is by far the best 0day torrent site in the world and the P2L helps contribute to the site's speed and content.

B0000,I know that probably some so called fan of that greedy crappy admin wud come over here and start bashing for a free crap,Sct is not even near to TL in content,Its a scene restricted tracker with 20k users and only scene releases-No one gives a fuck except those who love to collect shit or those who love to trade big buffered shit or may be some others who think that they are elite may be presidents cuz they are a member of a fucked up community whose leader love to eat his follower's money

twoscoops
05-23-2008, 01:39 AM
For those saying it's going to be a copy of PTN, isn't it going to be much larger in scale? Just because it's a dedicated movie tracker doesn't automatically make it a copy of PTN. The scope of the site seems to be much different. I don't have PTN so i can't comment on it, other than what i know, so to me they seem quite different.

QstorM
05-23-2008, 02:49 AM

B0000,I know that probably some so called fan of that greedy crappy admin wud come over here and start bashing for a free crap,Sct is not even near to TL in content,Its a scene restricted tracker with 20k users and only scene releases-No one gives a fuck except those who love to collect shit or those who love to trade big buffered shit or may be some others who think that they are elite may be presidents cuz they are a member of a fucked up community whose leader love to eat his follower's money

Trust me sct is the top tracker. Speeds, community, content, AND oh no one can complain about ratios on sct since they made all packs freeleech FOREVER and those torrents are always getting leeched. Everyone at sct is able to keep a great ratio, what other tracker can say this? :cool:

I love TL but you can't compare their content with sct lol :noes:

tehconnections today alone had dozens of movies uploaded, looking promising:yup:

Nemrod
05-23-2008, 03:29 AM
Trust me sct is the top tracker. Speeds, community, content, AND oh no one can complain about ratios on sct since they made all packs freeleech FOREVER and those torrents are always getting leeched. Everyone at sct is able to keep a great ratio, what other tracker can say this? :cool:

Well, community is not something extraordinary, but you forgot to say that besides all that, in all downloads... only 75% counts. A 4.37 Gb. DVDr counts only as if you downloaded 3.27 Gb.
SCT is superior to TorrentLeech in many things... and than any other tracker in some things.

Although I donīt see the need of this comparisons, people can love the site that they like the most for whatever reason they could have. And if one has both, just enjoy both. :D

robotpirate
05-23-2008, 03:32 AM
from what i understand, ptn is some smallish xvid movie tracker. tehconnection aims to be larger than that, with x264, xvid, and ntsc/pal dvdrs. so i wouldn't call one a copy of another just being they're both dealing with movies.

antiglitz
05-23-2008, 03:37 AM
i think the freeleech 2x upload was a good move.

i would also like to see a feature in which if you seed for x amount of hours the torrent you're seeding is brought to a 1.0 ratio. smoking in the rain has a similar feature.

currently i've been seeding for over four days on a torrent, and not enough people have downloaded it. so it's less than a 1 ratio.

it probably won't be a big deal once the site gets enough downloaders, but i just thought i'd mention it anyway.

F33NY
05-23-2008, 04:27 AM
Better decisions please. I uploaded a Terminator Boxset which was deleted for being a "pack", yet the #1 torrent on the site which is a James Bond Pack is still there. -.-

Porsche_maniak
05-23-2008, 04:27 AM
Improve loading of the pages,like reducing the size of the files (i mean the .php)...

Nykon1969
05-23-2008, 03:39 PM
Better decisions please. I uploaded a Terminator Boxset which was deleted for being a "pack", yet the #1 torrent on the site which is a James Bond Pack is still there. -.-

I have to agree with this. There are several packs on the site, but we are unable to upload them...

monk3y
05-23-2008, 04:18 PM
layout sucks big time

DeathPanda
05-23-2008, 07:45 PM
i think the freeleech 2x upload was a good move.

i would also like to see a feature in which if you seed for x amount of hours the torrent you're seeding is brought to a 1.0 ratio. smoking in the rain has a similar feature.

currently i've been seeding for over four days on a torrent, and not enough people have downloaded it. so it's less than a 1 ratio.

it probably won't be a big deal once the site gets enough downloaders, but i just thought i'd mention it anyway.

Blackcats also has a system like this and it's really nice. You don't need to worry about whether a torrent you download will be too niche to seed back.

Cradle
05-24-2008, 04:29 AM
I think they seriously need to redo they're style sheets / layout. I hate those drop down menu buttons, much too flashy and inefficient. Once category icons get implemented (soon hopefully, in development see forums) the torrent page will be ok, i dont like the white text on the light background. And the forum needs work.

Call me dumb but i like my trackers to be aesthetically appealing.

abe171
05-24-2008, 04:46 AM
the site design kinda sux! looks as if a kid designed it!

Maybe TC can also have a another category as " free to leech" torrents (like Nordic-T has) ... it would helpful in building a good ratio

cinowell
05-24-2008, 09:55 AM
First off all, the site must reachable from everywhere. Such as I can't reach from Turkey, cause of the ban. I think admins must unban country bans.

OmaRin0
05-24-2008, 10:03 AM
unban IL ips!!
when i try to enter the site:

robyn04
05-24-2008, 02:41 PM
i think they should have seed bonus system and 1 or 2 gb upload to start with

0riGiNaLBoX
05-24-2008, 08:48 PM
+ 1

+1 i hope to unblock all countrys

monk3y
05-24-2008, 09:10 PM
Block Italy users I hear they like eating Spaggeti ( WEIRDOS?!@@#( ).

Fr33don
05-25-2008, 05:37 AM
I don't understand the hate towards the layout, it's a simplistic and minimalistic design that is functional. The dropdown menu is annoying but you don't necessarily need to use it.

Anyhow, as of now TehConnection does not need any improvement. It's helping the beta users to buffer accounts which is awesome. Now it just has to go public so more people can enjoy it. :)

Prilost
05-25-2008, 08:29 AM
First off all, the site must reachable from everywhere. Such as I can't reach from Turkey, cause of the ban. I think admins must unban country bans.

+100

DuDutchy
05-25-2008, 11:33 AM
Only 1 word: Gazelle.

`Dr. Nick Riviera`
05-25-2008, 11:43 AM
^I totally agree...

EMZ
05-25-2008, 11:50 AM

Gazelle would be nice, but it isn't that important imo.
I'd like to see Packs category, maybe with freeleech.
No more ideas now. We just have to wait. TehConnection will be a really nice tracker, i think :)

DuDutchy
05-25-2008, 11:57 AM

Gazelle would be nice, but it isn't that important imo.
I'd like to see Packs category, maybe with freeleech.
No more ideas now. We just have to wait. TehConnection will be a really nice tracker, i think :)Packs are something for general 0-day sites, not for specialized trackers. When I search a movie, I'll search and want to download. I don't want it to be in a pack.

moka
05-25-2008, 03:55 PM
yea
unblock all countries

TP635
05-25-2008, 04:11 PM
Block banning a country should be the last resort; but it is not.

sovaz
05-25-2008, 05:00 PM
Implement https annouces clientwise to emphasize security...this should b a prime measure...like sct did:)

robotpirate
05-27-2008, 04:20 AM
Disallow the multi-rar files thing please. Should be unrared already ffs.

And recommend to people to include samples and maybe subs and nfos.

Wi0
05-27-2008, 10:07 AM

I have to agree with this. There are several packs on the site, but we are unable to upload them...

lol, we made the "better decision" by deleting it because we follow the rules that are in place. I also gave you the benefit of the doubt and didn't give you a warning for not bothering to read the rules.

As far as the other packs on the site, they were upped before this rule was put into place and we made the "better decision" to keep them on site since they have seeders already. They can die off naturally.

Why is this a hard concept to grasp onto ?

as far as i know, none of the staff has a lot of experience with huge sites that allow user uploads.

allowing only dedicated users to upload is much more easier. there's no private site with such a huge userbase (if they go for 75.000) that allows movie useruploads and is not half public.

it will be extremely difficult for them to keep a quality standard in terms of content. the tracker is still in beta, but even now you see a lot of low quality rips, dupe uploads, users not seeding their uploads, false descriptions etc. unfortunately a torrent report function is not implemented yet.

it'll be a lot of work to manage that for staff. keep in mind that the tracker is going to have at least 10 times as much users.

half public means there will be a lot of hit and running, cheating, dupe accounts.

they do need staff that is experienced in organizing a huge amount of user uploads and sorts out the badd apples quickly.

the only tracker that achhieved this so far was oink. although oink had different, easier to handle content.

I think the staff has plenty of experience. Just because you don't recognize their nicks doesn't mean they're nubs to staffing ;) As far as uploaded torrents you have atleast 3 current/ex ScT uploaders that are mods and they bring plenty of experience to the table. I really doubt most of the moderating staff at waffles or what.cd had any idea what they were getting themselves into when those sites started. I personally would like someone with a little less expeience that can grow and learn quickly rather than bring someone in who's cocky, thinks they know it all and isn't trainable for a new sites rules etc. Ofc as we grow we will take on more staff and select ones who we think are best qualified to work with the site.

Cornucopia
05-27-2008, 07:36 PM
Hi!

I believe more efforts on Full HDDVD/BluRay titles will make it just perfect.

Ramsay
05-28-2008, 02:25 AM

I have extensive experience in regards to staffing a site with lots of "user uploads" and weeding out the bad apples ;)

jayz707
05-28-2008, 03:52 AM

+100
+1 :yup:

Wi0
05-28-2008, 09:12 AM

I have extensive experience in regards to staffing a site with lots of "user uploads" and weeding out the bad apples ;)

<3 Ramsay.

You guys can +10000000000, but it won't change. Bans are in place for a reason and it's going to stay that way. Sorry guys :pinch:

jayz707
05-28-2008, 11:11 AM

<3 Ramsay.

You guys can +10000000000, but it won't change. Bans are in place for a reason and it's going to stay that way. Sorry guys :pinch:
that's sad to hear... :shutup:

baksteen
05-28-2008, 11:15 AM
the buttons arent great, make proper ones so you dont have to wait for it to float down

`Dr. Nick Riviera`
05-28-2008, 12:26 PM
^The whole stylesheet isn't the best solution...

STiJFiN
05-28-2008, 02:31 PM
1) New Design.
2) Experienced mods and incentives to upload/download from there.
3) Clean up the accounts that still have 0 Up/ 0 Down - Wasting Space.
4) Close it definitely and give invites to mods / staff members / uploaders / elite users

More than that, it's the users that have to make the difference.

benji1703
05-28-2008, 02:35 PM

Please :cool:

espiniola
05-28-2008, 03:01 PM
how on earth can they ban AUSTRIA?!

Clint Eastwood
05-28-2008, 07:15 PM
Redesign the site
Limit the number of users to 50-60k

rtzork
05-28-2008, 10:41 PM
150k userbase is good. That way it will be similar to TL: easy to seed, torrents will be alive for a long time and FAAASSSSTTT!
but, banning Portugal, Austria, Israel, Romania and other countries simply won't do.
ofcourse, moderators - you can fill your tracker with people from the UK, France, Australia, Canada & the US but please don't forget that lamers can be found anywhere. THERE ARE GOOD USERS ANYWHERE.
In Israel for example, the problem is that too many 13 y/o kids get on those networks and make all of us a bad rep. But there are many good users aswell!
I, for example am a contributing member of ANY site I'm on. so are all my friends. SO PLEASE!

(sorry if it's a double post)