PDA

View Full Version : new waffles tactic

Submission
05-16-2008, 12:36 AM
Just heard it on irc, apparently they knew waffles wasn't keeping up with what.cd so they created this contest for V0 in the hopes that most users will take the stuff on whatcd, that isn't on waffles, and upload it there.

lysine
05-16-2008, 12:58 AM
who comes up with these childish ideas? why does everything have to be a competition whenever these two sites are mentioned?

fOrUmAs
05-16-2008, 01:22 AM
Just heard it on irc, apparently they knew waffles wasn't keeping up with what.cd so they created this contest for V0 in the hopes that most users will take the stuff on whatcd, that isn't on waffles, and upload it there.

very mature from them

oh i almost forgotten how great idea it is!!!

:shifty:

WarrenBuffet
05-16-2008, 01:27 AM
man....... I really wish only 1 tracker emerged from the ruins of oink so I could know where to put my seedbox efforts into instead of splitting them in half.

Gish
05-16-2008, 02:04 AM
people always think about competition as a bad thing! well its a good thing because if one site goes down you will have another one still standing in it's place.
plus waffles is a really good site, I even use it more that what!
why can't a site have a competition within the community with out people opening their mouths about oh its not as good as another site.

just think before you start spreading lies!

1000possibleclaws
05-16-2008, 02:25 AM
·:·);2827524']man....... I really wish only 1 tracker emerged from the ruins of oink so I could know where to put my seedbox efforts into instead of splitting them in half.

it doesnt take much effort to get an insane what buffer because of the staff free leeches. use your seedbox on waffles, and use it on whatcd when the staff picks are announced. Its ridiculous how much buffer you can get without doing any work.

darknetty
05-16-2008, 05:12 AM
Let me guess! You heard it on what.cd's irc.
Pathetic.

You rumor mongers are the problem between the two sites NOT the sites themselves.

Cabalo
05-16-2008, 05:48 AM
Let me guess! You heard it on what.cd's irc.
Pathetic.

You rumor mongers are the problem between the two sites NOT the sites themselves.
1,5 years registered to make this your first post. :rolleyes:

darknetty
05-16-2008, 05:50 AM
Here, now I've made my second :D

SolarisWind
05-16-2008, 06:07 AM
I don't see anything wrong with this. Contests are a good thing, well at least in this case because people will upload tons of new content. More music to choose from = better for its music loving users.

Submission
05-16-2008, 06:07 AM
it is childish but it just goes to show who's the best.

I still remember their childish antics in the beginning like making people take photos of them holding waffles > what etc.

Skiz
05-16-2008, 06:31 AM

So what?

Why do you guys always feel the need to compare sites in a negative way?

They're both (all) filled with users who are offering you files which they have taken the time to upload, all of which you'd otherwise be paying for. You obtain them completely free of charge and the uploaders ask for absolutely zip in return.

And yet, cunts like you still fell the need to complain. Die.

Polarbear
05-16-2008, 06:50 AM
lol all you what.cd cock suckers need to stfu already.

just practice what you preach, submission.

dunson
05-16-2008, 01:39 PM
This thread is :ghey:

I mean, seriously, sites do a category week often, and it seems to be a good idea that gets some activity. I don't think this is a tactic in a war against What, but merely a promotional event for their users. But you keep on gossiping in IRC. Let me know when you find out the secret to eternal happiness.

robotpirate
05-16-2008, 03:12 PM
flamebait.

mateivlad
05-16-2008, 03:26 PM
stupid ideea and that's all

buckpasser
05-16-2008, 07:08 PM
If Abbott and Costello were still around, they could treat us to a "Waffles on first, What's on second" routine.

lhnz
05-16-2008, 07:37 PM

So what?

They're both (all) filled with users who are offering you files which they have taken the time to upload, all of which you'd otherwise be paying for. You obtain them completely free of charge and the uploaders ask for absolutely zip in return.

Agreed.

Oh dear. Seems to be a bit of a smear campaign against us recently. ;)
It's inflammatory and irrational to think that we ran a competition "in the hopes that most users will take the stuff on whatcd, that isn't on waffles, and upload it there" - it was purely for more torrents and for a little fun, just like FLAC week! It's also offensive to our very active users (whose efforts are absolutely great, and valued by us immensely!) as well as the hard work we've put in as staff. You certainly wouldn't have heard that from our IRC.

Just for the record, we're pleased with our exceptionally high amount of active torrents compared to our user count (which we're looking to increase a lot!), our very strong community, our contests, our tight quality controls, and as you've probably guessed we have huge plans for the future. We won't let the behavior of a small group of users on the internet bring us down, and if you're reading this and wondering who to believe, then I implore you to get invites at both sites and make up your mind for yourself! Certainly don't enter the shit-flinging match that is inflicted on both our sites by childish users.
:)

See all of you guys around!

Submission
05-16-2008, 07:41 PM

So what?

Yeah I've done my share of uploading so dont lecture me with this bullshit about we should feel lucky blah blah blah.

Its a group effort but regardless my point was to show how waffles is staying alive.

Dont like the criticism against waffles? Cry me a river elsewhere.

Skiz
05-16-2008, 08:46 PM
So what?

Yeah I've done my share of uploading so dont lecture me with this bullshit about we should feel lucky blah blah blah.

Its a group effort but regardless my point was to show how waffles is staying alive.

Dont like the criticism against waffles? Cry me a river elsewhere.

"Cry you a river elsewhere"?

How about you find another forum to go cry on?

Fact is, they all "stay alive" by stealing files, be it from the scene or the artists themselves. Suck it up and stop complaining about a good thing.

Cheers to you and yours, lhnz. It is to your credit, I'm sure. :)