PDA

View Full Version : Future of SCC??

kostnkost
05-16-2008, 12:42 PM
Just curious what peoples opinions are about SCC. I joined up earlier this year, and it was the greatest site. A lot of seeders, seeding was very easy. Now I find it very hard to seed over there, seeder numbers have gone down and even comments have dwindled. I also remember when their donations were filled by week 1. Now that doesn't even happen anymore.

Is it just that we are in a lull with good movies and there is not much out there, or has the site taken a turn for the worse.

Now don't get me wrong, I love the site as you can not beat their speeds at all. This isn't a post to bash SCC. I just wanted to know whats up??

SgtMajor
05-16-2008, 12:49 PM
Just curious what peoples opinions are about SCC. I joined up earlier this month, and it was the greatest site. A lot of seeders, seeding was very easy. Now I find it very hard to seed over there, seeder numbers have gone down and even comments have dwindled. I also remember when their donations were filled by week 1. Now that doesn't even happen anymore.

Is it just that we are in a lull with good movies and there is not much out there, or has the site taken a turn for the worse.

Now don't get me wrong, I love the site as you can not beat their speeds at all. This isn't a post to bash SCC. I just wanted to know whats up??

You joined up earlier this month, which is still only 16 days old, and you can make all those observations and criticisms already, and one of them is donations filled by week 1 - htf would you know about earlier months, if you only joined up this month??

But you're not bashing, no of course not :pinch:

apextwin146
05-16-2008, 12:54 PM
ON one hand u say that the speeds are awesome n then u say its hard to seed? Oh n bty did u knw that mP3/Mvids are free leech .. Put a RSS and seed

DikTation
05-16-2008, 12:55 PM
Just curious what peoples opinions are about SCC. I joined up earlier this month, and it was the greatest site. A lot of seeders, seeding was very easy. Now I find it very hard to seed over there, seeder numbers have gone down and even comments have dwindled. I also remember when their donations were filled by week 1. Now that doesn't even happen anymore.

You joined up earlier this month, which is still only 16 days old, and you can make all those observations and criticisms already, and one of them is donations filled by week 1 - htf would you know about earlier months, if you only joined up this month??

Why be a smart ass SgtMajor?
His just asking for peoples opinions.. not for you to criticize what he thinks/ wants to know.

And he obviously wrote not bashing so people didn't take it the wrong way!.. some people need to pull there head in around here :dry:

kostnkost
05-16-2008, 12:55 PM
Earlier this year - guess I should have corrected that as I posted after just waking up.

I actually enjoy Sgts sarcasm as I am one also to give a ribbing to when someone makes a mistake. I take no offense to it.

I should really correct myself as I just went to their site and I have been there since 11-19-07.

Man do things fly by when your getting old lol.

ON one hand u say that the speeds are awesome n then u say its hard to seed? Oh n bty did u knw that mP3/Mvids are free leech .. Put a RSS and seed

Download speeds are the best I have ever seen for a site yes, but seeding has been next to impossible the last few months.

Maybe seedboxes have taken over the site? Who knows??

apextwin146
05-16-2008, 01:10 PM
wat i meant was the due to so many seedbox the speeds are awesome .. this is also the reason y u cnt seed cuz ppl with seedbox wud have already finished d/w by time ur finish d/wling with u home connection(which i presume is way slower)..

sabre
05-16-2008, 01:26 PM
SCC is a great site.. i haven't been a member long but so far so good...it gives me the best speeds on torrents out of all the sites... people on that site have ridiculously high speeds... a torrent will be uploaded, 20secs later, there'll be 10seeders

i would find it hard to keep a good ratio if i didn't have seedbox aswell.

invite420
05-16-2008, 01:32 PM
Site dwindling due to massive pruning and bad staff

TP635
05-16-2008, 01:35 PM
I dl only FL torrent; so ratio is not a problem.

TidusBlade
05-16-2008, 02:19 PM
Yeah I agree with invite420, the site is slowly getting worse...
In my opinion, the community is not very nice, the staff are pretty bad and massive pruning is killing the site.
I doubt it's because of seedboxes because ScT is also full of seedboxes and it's doing good to my knowledge.

kostnkost
05-16-2008, 02:40 PM
All I know is when the latest and greatest file went up and I jumped on it right away, I would be able to seed to no end. Now I'm lucky to get 1:1 ratio on it.

0Ri0N
05-16-2008, 03:12 PM
SCC always was hard to seed due to the lack of leechers and a lot of seedboxes around, thats why they have the freeleech section to help users with low connections.

In my opinion is still one of the best 0day sites around. <3

robotpirate
05-16-2008, 03:17 PM
i wonder when they're gonna fix their browse page, search and sort.

ligerpt
05-16-2008, 03:23 PM
I still think that SCC is one of the top 3 0day trackers.
Awesome speeds and pretimes, less garbage than most of other top 0day trackers, nice design. I canīt talk about the community because I'm not active there.

mateivlad
05-16-2008, 03:24 PM
SCC always was hard to seed due to the lack of leechers and a lot of seedboxes around, thats why they have the freeleech section to help users with low connections.

In my opinion is still one of the best 0day sites around. <3

I have to agree with you mate , it is the best 0day site , great forum comunity , too bad for the few leechers and seeders they have.

fatcat69
05-16-2008, 05:59 PM
I have never had any issues seeding on SCC, even when I just used my crappy home connection I could and prolly still can get easily a 3.0 ratio.

Obviously if you download something that is a few days old, you arent going to get a good ratio...but with RSS even on a slow connection...youll get easily 3.0

The only hard site to seed on is ScT....everyone knows thats seedbox rhelm.

jam0980tr
05-16-2008, 06:15 PM
The Future of SCC is still bright, am only waitting for v2 with all the new updates then it's gonna pwnd all these 0days tracker with the new script lmfao i just can't wait for the new v2...i hope its gonna happen very soon...

Giallorosso
05-16-2008, 06:26 PM
SCC is a very good tracker in my humble opinion :)

take5
05-16-2008, 06:44 PM
Check out their new poll. The future is out there;)

puckface
05-16-2008, 06:53 PM

Why be a smart ass SgtMajor?
His just asking for peoples opinions.. not for you to criticize what he thinks/ wants to know.

And he obviously wrote not bashing so people didn't take it the wrong way!.. some people need to pull there head in around here :dry:

didnt you know hes the highest and mightiest and can say whatever he wants?

come on.

munaaf
05-16-2008, 08:11 PM
jus do wot i do, seed old files with like only a few seeders, soon as a leecher jumps on that ur getting at least 0.4 jus frm them and leave it seeding forever lol
i do that on SCC and ScT works wonders :D

dawsonkm
05-16-2008, 10:53 PM
I think it is a great site. You just have to watch yourself

Submission
05-16-2008, 11:16 PM
scc is great for users who can't get into sct or ftn. Good speeds, good pretimes.

Only thing i hate about scc is the colors. Anyone who decides to use white font should be shot.

onlinetragedy
05-16-2008, 11:32 PM
ive been on scc since they were open regs. i have always maxed my download speed there. uploading back has always been a bit of a hassle, but a couple of days leavin torrents on overnight usually brings it around.

an impressive site at the beginning, and it still is.

killercam101
05-16-2008, 11:38 PM
I just joined got xxxxxx...dl:700mb u/l 100mb..it is harder than TL to seedback but looks cool and if you donate they give u a fair amount of u/l credit

k3kkuli
05-17-2008, 01:20 AM
it is harder than TL to seedback

yeah it may seem to be harder 'cause TL is about the easist place for seeding... there is big difference on seeding between these trackers

emperorIX
05-17-2008, 01:22 AM
I've been at SCC since open regs and their freeleech on apps and music has always been a perfect compliment to Usenet, as usenet has not been so hot for apps since BT caught on. However, SCC seems to be having problems with this section as of late, ie the content has been dwindling over the last few weeks. But, I'll be happy if they do go with what their poll is suggesting.

As for uploading, with my very average 1 mbps connection, I rarely make more than 1:1 on the freeleech torrents after a few days, when I delete them. But, then again I could care less about having any kind of buffer there as any of the non-freeleech files are readily available on usenet at speeds that max out my connection. A 1.0 ratio is fine for me.

pone44
05-17-2008, 04:03 AM
Are you serious or joking?, hope joking.:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:
Think is compared to the top sites in pre times as members here say! I believe that.(yes, rev,T* are great too.):fst: Name another on that level, that even compares to s*C??? How is the community Bad @ all? free leech is good on 0day-mp3 if thats what they offer? Can you state a reason why you think the site is bad or were you banned and now upset? not dissing you! just a question as you guys are bashing a great site!

Yeah I agree with invite420, the site is slowly getting worse...
In my opinion, the community is not very nice, the staff are pretty bad and massive pruning is killing the site.
I doubt it's because of seedboxes because ScT is also full of seedboxes and it's doing good to my knowledge.

Di@monds
05-17-2008, 04:23 AM
This is quite common now...every now and then ppl are posting how bad or good some trackers are...If u dont like it, just move over.

merwais
05-17-2008, 06:37 AM
SCC is still a top tracker and will be a top tracker ;)
TOP pre release on the NET !

You will never find pre release like SCC. so in my point of view SCC is still the best tracker on the net and still Growing ! ! !

fatcat69
05-17-2008, 06:48 AM

You will never find pre release like SCC. so in my point of view SCC is still the best tracker on the net and still Growing ! ! !

Not true. SCC misses a lot of releases, however for what they do drop, they are fast.

Thanks to a certain someones fast servers lol. Ill give you all a hint, 2 uploaders for SCC have already commented in this thread .....:lol:

take5
05-17-2008, 07:16 AM
If they are really planning to do what their new poll is suggesting,
I think everything is going to be much better.

KennyD
05-17-2008, 10:12 AM
Ratio boosting is easy on SCC. Set your RSS up to automatically download every 0day torrent. They're all freeleech so whatever you upload on them is icing on the cake. Do that for a while and you wont have to worry about your ratio...

kostnkost
05-17-2008, 10:24 AM

Still growing?

They haven't filled their donations yet which they usually do in week one, and comments have plummeted on all torrents. Unless it's been a slow few months with releases, I do not see much growth there.

I love the site to death, but I am just concerned that is all. That is why I made this post. I hate to see a GREAT site go down.

Di@monds
05-17-2008, 12:30 PM
U R wrong, they have recently upgraded their server so the cost is much higher then before. If i remember correctly 800e->1500e, not sure thought

slayer2005
05-18-2008, 07:45 AM
Always been my fav tracker and always will be,fast speeds,amazing pre,gr8 staff.:-)

CHS
05-18-2008, 11:04 AM
Just wait and see what other awesome shit we have planned.

sabre
05-18-2008, 11:13 AM
SCC is very equal to ScT atm IMO

Grind$oFine
05-18-2008, 11:17 AM
At this rate, everything will be freeleech in about two years. :P
I actually don't think it would be a bad idea if they made everything freeleech eventually - not all at once.
In a way it keeps people respecting seeding. If they just switched to all freeleech torrents, I'd imagine things might get chaotic.

soulreaper
05-18-2008, 11:28 AM
I'm highly skeptical that a P2L site like SCC can ever be completely freeleech.

f0rm1g4
05-18-2008, 12:25 PM
The SCC is an excellent one to tracker and I do not believe that it finishes so early.

HDR
05-18-2008, 12:33 PM
They staff IS gay, and yeah, was nice to rape their asses for someone which claim themselves the "best pre times tracker" :lol::lol:.

Hope this helps someone which know what i'm talking about, if not then it's not of your business. :)

Aka_katz
05-18-2008, 01:22 PM
been on SCC for a while now and yeh it aint easy to seed but i dont know any other tracker that has 0day/mp3/mv as free leech so give them some credits.

kostnkost
05-18-2008, 01:39 PM
U R wrong, they have recently upgraded their server so the cost is much higher then before. If i remember correctly 800e->1500e, not sure thought

Guess that makes sense then if they can't fill donations.

Ratio boosting is easy on SCC. Set your RSS up to automatically download every 0day torrent. They're all freeleech so whatever you upload on them is icing on the cake. Do that for a while and you wont have to worry about your ratio...

I actually just set this up the other day and it did work wonders. Nice job ty!

Aka_katz
05-18-2008, 02:34 PM
never tried using the RSS option on any tracker maybe ill try it.

slayer2005
05-18-2008, 04:54 PM
Use the auto download script in the forums,as long as your logged into irc announce there are not wait intervals like rss,this way youl be able to seed back very easy.;-)

munaaf
05-18-2008, 05:21 PM
yh SCC aint that bad, sure it is getting harder to seed on but isnt this the same case as all prospering trackers? like ScT, Ftn blah blah.
PLus there is an option for low bandwith users like the freeleech which isnt on many other sites and is permanent so is always a way to boost your ratio.
It is pretty good cuz there are amazing speeds and great pre times, if anything the future looks better, they want to be more private rather than be like a TL or something so its all good.
And I totally 100% agree with everyone who said the staff is gay, they rely are lol, they jus there so much better, i like sites where staff are nice but everything has its flaws.

lovejj
05-19-2008, 02:21 PM
very very very hard to seed there
even they have free leech stuff

Ahmed047
05-19-2008, 06:08 PM
Seeding is hard
but mp3 is free leech :-)

happy
05-20-2008, 05:59 AM
Well @ all ppl who are saying scc is not the best 0day tracker.atm. which are the best 0day tracker then?

I don't want any tracker where I can seed easy...
sct is for me not safe because server is hosted in denmark :pinch:

i need the best pre times / content

kondrae
05-20-2008, 06:42 AM
love the speeds and mp3/0day
hope they fl on more stuff soon

dragos
05-20-2008, 06:52 AM
Well @ all ppl who are saying scc is not the best 0day tracker.atm. which are the best 0day tracker then?

ScT is the best 0day tracker of course. Speed/pretime/content/peers, all above every other site. It's not safe ?They survived for almost 3 years now and i trust you haven't heard of someone from ScT being in trouble

fresa
05-20-2008, 01:07 PM
I think happy mean the situation that ScT is hosted in Denmark is not great for him because in this country isn't the law of filesharing very well.
I use all this three trackers,happy.
I think this are the best 0 day trackers and all together is the best combination.[in my opinion - there are thousend of others trackers...]
And remember; no risk no fun :P

fOrUmAs
05-20-2008, 02:43 PM

ScT is the best 0day tracker of course. Speed/pretime/content/peers, all above every other site. It's not safe ?They survived for almost 3 years now and i trust you haven't heard of someone from ScT being in trouble

sct is not best 0day tracker and never will be (non site will be)..they are good but far from best,but in one thing they are best in 0day apps even better on SCC:cool:

Aka_katz
05-20-2008, 03:56 PM
there is about 25GB give or take of mp3 rlzes each day so i dont think a tracker good as it gets can handle that much..

colbert
05-20-2008, 11:42 PM
I would use the site more if tv-xvid was freeleech. The freeleech on mp3 is nice, but I have no interest in giant packs of electronic music I would never listen to, so I'm hoping some changes are in order.

Brandon
05-20-2008, 11:46 PM

According to sct's torrent racers I have to disagree on the pretimes.

Todays Top 10 Fastest Sites
Site Average Pre
SCC 53.3 secs
ScT 1 mins 41.1 secs
FTN 2 mins 10.4 secs

On more of the subject though, SCC has got a lot of good heads behind it. Being fairly close to a few staff over there, I can pretty much assure you for them that it has a long and good future ahead of it.

WarrenBuffet
05-20-2008, 11:49 PM

Site Average Pre
SCC 53.3 secs
ScT 1 mins 41.1 secs
FTN 2 mins 10.4 secs

Hey B, that's cuz SCC is 90 percent 180mb tv shows which take 5 seconds to upp and nice trackers like FTN or SCT have way more dvdrips,games,dvd-r's etc.

Brandon
05-20-2008, 11:56 PM
·:·);2833952']

Site Average Pre
SCC 53.3 secs
ScT 1 mins 41.1 secs
FTN 2 mins 10.4 secs

Hey B, that's cuz SCC is 90 percent 180mb tv shows which take 5 seconds to upp and nice trackers like FTN or SCT have way more dvdrips,games,dvd-r's etc.

I think those pretimes are only in relation to tv, I'm not 100% on that. I do know scc can argue that they upload samples and such where FTN and SCT do not. *shrug*. You could know more than me though on that subject since I don't really pay attention to the specifics or pretimes at all. Just thought I'd throw that out there though :P

Night0wl
05-21-2008, 12:05 AM
I think happy mean the situation that ScT is hosted in Denmark is not great for him because in this country isn't the law of filesharing very well.

Since when is Denmark unsafe for sites? Do you have any examples of sites being taken down, people getting sued or anything else for that matter?

chamaeleo
05-21-2008, 12:31 AM
·:·);2833952']

Site Average Pre
SCC 53.3 secs
ScT 1 mins 41.1 secs
FTN 2 mins 10.4 secs

hardly.
90%??. where do you get That!?

ElGatonPirata
05-21-2008, 12:40 AM

Since when is Denmark unsafe for sites? Do you have any examples of sites being taken down, people getting sued or anything else for that matter?

http://torrentfreak.com/danish-copyright-censorship-proposal-080517/

Night0wl
05-21-2008, 02:06 AM

http://torrentfreak.com/danish-copyright-censorship-proposal-080517/

I seriously doubt that any proposal like that will be approved as it goes against EU civil and privacy rights, and worse case scenario: Danish users are blocked from accessing sites. That really doesn't sound very dangerous to me. It sounds more like annoyance for Danish users.

The Flying Cow
05-21-2008, 08:11 AM
IMO SCC is waaay overrated. Not that impressive a site.

mievmo
05-21-2008, 08:28 AM
SCC is 1 of mine fav site and 1 of the best...

(I)
05-31-2008, 08:31 AM
Perhaps cuz there're lots of others just blocking ya

Nicholes
05-31-2008, 08:46 AM
Yup man its one of the greatest site....

Sylar666
05-31-2008, 09:00 AM
SCC is 1 of mine fav site and 1 of the best...
Count me in, Bro. +1.
And Staff are really there. Helpful, professional. Enuff said, I guess. One of the best 0-day trackers out there.

Funkin'
05-31-2008, 10:03 AM
IMO SCC is waaay overrated. Not that impressive a site.

Hmmm...what could be overrated about this site? The extremely fast pre times(I've seen this site get a ton of shit faster than the two most popular 0day sites on a daily basis, not that I'm talking bad about those other two, because they are great), the very fast speeds, or the great free leech section?

SCC is in the top three of the best 0day sites that there are. But somehow it doesn't get the attention it deserves.

F.B.I
05-31-2008, 11:52 AM
IMO SCC is waaay overrated. Not that impressive a site.Hmmm...what could be overrated about this site? The extremely fast pre times(I've seen this site get a ton of shit faster than the two most popular 0day sites on a daily basis, not that I'm talking bad about those other two, because they are great), the very fast speeds, or the great free leech section?

SCC is in the top three of the best 0day sites that there are. But somehow it doesn't get the attention it deserves.

7 pages aren't enought? :whistling

Edit: Now 8 pages.

killercam101
05-31-2008, 04:57 PM
the future of SCC is what I make of it...yeah I'm KINDA A BIG DEAL (make it 8 pages and 1/4)

robotpirate
05-31-2008, 05:24 PM
i'm glad they improved their searching and sorting.

Nitesh
05-31-2008, 05:31 PM
Partial seed everything, its hard but its allowed and it will help you keep a good ratio

IdolEyes787
05-31-2008, 05:54 PM
I am just a new member to the tracker so first let me say that I don't speak with a wealth of experience.
The extreme lengths that many people have to resort to in order to maintain positive ratio on the site make it less than ideal.
Partial seeding is not what I feel being a good member is all about.

kondrae
05-31-2008, 08:39 PM
i just use the freeleech section and sometimes dl other files if i need it quick. good ratio is indeed hard to keep. great site

IdolEyes787
05-31-2008, 09:27 PM
i just use the freeleech section and sometimes dl other files if i need it quick. good ratio is indeed hard to keep. great site
My point exactly.It is a great site but it insists on shooting itself in the foot(and SCC is not alone in doing this)by not being forgiving enough.
As it presently exists how many people have the speed to use it effectively?
Figure out a way to give more people the opportunity to seed and watch the community improve as more people feel free to participate.
And for the record I'm on a seedbox so I'm not whining because I can't keep up.

pone44
06-01-2008, 12:35 AM
enough on this thread, are people serious?

jayz707
06-01-2008, 01:32 AM
i only download freeleech stuff thats all. i can get my movies from other trackers where it is very easy to seed. btw i don't care about pre times :P anyways i love this tracker... even forums of it... just wish that they can improve the community participation.. or something.

cmcintosh33
06-01-2008, 02:02 AM
Who knows

king2008
06-01-2008, 03:36 AM
I dl only FL torrent; so ratio is not a problem.
me too ;)

Ramus
06-01-2008, 03:57 AM
very good tracker love the pre times and teh freeleech section!