PDA

View Full Version : I have a quick question

monk3y
05-16-2008, 03:15 PM
Why some trackers hide your snatched torrents list from you ?

Is there any agenda behind it ? i think it's plain stupid because it's a very important and useful thing for one to see the torrents he snatched, seeding time on each one and amount of leechers/seeders on this torrent atm. any idea ?

Swift
05-16-2008, 03:31 PM
Maybe it`s tracker policy , I don`t mind , as long as I seed the torrent 1:1 or more than 72 h I don`t care about the snatched list ...anyway in the trackers that have this list I don`t watch this

monk3y
05-16-2008, 03:42 PM
Maybe it`s tracker policy , I don`t mind , as long as I seed the torrent 1:1 or more than 72 h I don`t care about the snatched list ...anyway in the trackers that have this list I don`t watch this

how can you count 72h without seeing it on the snatched list ?

and don't you care if you still have the content on your pc and there are 0 seeders and a few leechers ? :shutup:

Swift
05-16-2008, 03:44 PM
i seeed them like 4-5 days ;)

i can`t help there because i don`t save my downloaded stuff :( my HDD is small 250 gb

dunson
05-16-2008, 03:45 PM
I like the snatched list too. The only thing I could think is that it is hard to code and a strain to keep track of all this info, but I have a feeling trackers keep this info or have it for a while anyway, even if the user doesn't see it.

The thing that concerns me about this is if there is a bust, the alphabet men have a long list of all my snatches. :(

invite420
05-16-2008, 04:04 PM
I think some sites do no snatched list due to site load
keep stats down = faster site load

monk3y
05-16-2008, 04:12 PM
thanks dunson and invite420 for the explanation although i believe that despite these difficulties it's a must.

mrnobody
05-16-2008, 04:17 PM

you can always look in your client.

monk3y
05-16-2008, 04:21 PM

the client doesn't show total seeding time, for example if you turn off your client and turn it on after a few hours/days and start seeding again it will no show the total seeding time of the torrent ( from my experience ).

dunson
05-16-2008, 04:33 PM

the client doesn't show total seeding time, for example if you turn off your client and turn it on after a few hours/days and start seeding again it will no show the total seeding time of the torrent ( from my experience ).

Plus the tracker isn't always tracking you, like if you turn it off in between scrapes, the time it has might be a half hour difference from your client if you miss the next round.

In any case, the trackers that have seeding time requirements always advise you to follow the site records, so I'm sure that's a much better way to do it and avoid any problems.

monk3y
05-16-2008, 04:41 PM

now i see it "Elapsed Time" :D

mrnobody
05-16-2008, 06:06 PM
Plus the tracker isn't always tracking you, like if you turn it off in between scrapes, the time it has might be a half hour difference from your client if you miss the next round.

no big deal though

trackers without snatch list details usually don't have strict H n R rules.

jam0980tr
05-16-2008, 06:21 PM

+1