PDA

View Full Version : How's The Weather?

dingoBaby
08-12-2003, 08:41 PM
How's the weather where you are? Its been like this, here in New England, for weeks. http://mysite.verizon.net/vze1sn7o/IMG_0276_edited.JPG

Cloudy, muggy, and raining all time. Ugh!! :(

Mr. Mulder
08-12-2003, 08:45 PM
There's been a huge heat-wave in the UK, highest temp ever recorded here, it's horrible. I'd much prefer your weather.

Can't stand the heat :(

Ron
08-12-2003, 08:48 PM
Too hot for sex here.
Wait....wtf am I saying? :blink:
It's never too hot for that!!!
Too hot for working.
YEAH, that's more like it. :D

Riddler
08-12-2003, 08:53 PM
Originally posted by dingoBaby@12 August 2003 - 13:41
How's the weather where you are? Its been like this, here in New England, for weeks. http://mysite.verizon.net/vze1sn7o/IMG_0276_edited.JPG

Cloudy, muggy, and raining all time. Ugh!! :(
We could use some of that to put out the forest fires here in British Columbia. Tell you what-----We'll trade you a month of hot, dry, scorched-earth, desert-like conditions for 2 days of your rain. I'll have my people call your people and we'll do a deal. :)

jrday
08-12-2003, 09:05 PM
it's 23:04 and i'm still melting right here.

FuNkY CaPrIcOrN
08-12-2003, 09:29 PM
Take it like men!We did not have Rain here in Kentucky 4 years ago for almost 60 Days.....water turned Brown...washing and bathing in Brown fucking Water.

Was above 90 Degrees or hotter for almost 30 days.

But did us Kentucky folk bitch.....hell no.....we took it like men.

Buck up......buck up I say!!! :angry:

JONNO_CELEBS
08-12-2003, 09:32 PM
Poor old weather man just can't win :rolleyes:

It's hot...............It's too hot :rolleyes:

It's cold...............It's too cold :rolleyes:

It's Raining............It's too wet

It's Windy...............It's too Windy :rolleyes:

Me!..........I don't really give a sh1t what the weather does, it's all the same to me, I do what I want if it's hot, cold, wet or windy B)

Jonno B)

J'Pol
08-12-2003, 09:33 PM
Originally posted by FuNkY CaPrIcOrN@12 August 2003 - 22:29
.....water turned Brown...watching and bathing in Brown fucking Water.

So just another typical Fall for you then.

J'Pol
08-12-2003, 09:34 PM
Originally posted by JONNO_CELEBS@12 August 2003 - 22:32
Poor old weather man just can't win :rolleyes:

It's hot...............It's too hot :rolleyes:

It's cold...............It's too cold :rolleyes:

It's Raining............It's too wet

It's Windy...............It's too Windy :rolleyes:

Me!..........I don't really give a sh1t what the weather does, it's all the same to me, I do what I want if it's hot, cold, wet or windy B)

Jonno B)
Someone who climbs a ladder pished and uses an angle grinder really isn't going to get overly concerned with the weather tho' are they.

Think it thro' man.

JONNO_CELEBS
08-12-2003, 09:41 PM
Originally posted by JPaul@12 August 2003 - 21:34

Someone who climbs a ladder pished and uses an angle grinder really isn't going to get overly concerned with the weather tho' are they.

Think it thro' man.
:lol: :lol: :lol: True......very true :lol: :lol:

I often use power tools in the rain, they say you should'nt :blink: But they also say you should'nt smoke, eat fatty food, drink too much, break the law..........

So I fugure................What's one more to the list :lol: :lol:

Jonno B)

namzuf9
08-12-2003, 09:42 PM
Originally posted by FuNkY CaPrIcOrN@12 August 2003 - 21:29

I heard that rumourhttp://smilies.sofrayt.com/%5E/d0/sex.gifhttp://www.theguildhall.net/vb/images/smilies/bootyshake.gif :P

J'Pol
08-12-2003, 09:46 PM
Originally posted by JONNO_CELEBS+12 August 2003 - 22:41--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (JONNO_CELEBS @ 12 August 2003 - 22:41)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-JPaul@12 August 2003 - 21:34

Someone who climbs a ladder pished and uses an angle grinder really isn&#39;t going to get overly concerned with the weather tho&#39; are they.

Think it thro&#39; man.
:lol: :lol: :lol: True......very true :lol: :lol:

I often use power tools in the rain, they say you should&#39;nt :blink: But they also say you should&#39;nt smoke, eat fatty food, drink too much, break the law..........

So I fugure................What&#39;s one more to the list :lol: :lol:

Jonno B) [/b][/quote]
Can I sell you insurance at all.

I need to clear my mortgage and I reckon a couple of premiums would cover it.

Bender
08-12-2003, 09:46 PM
Originally posted by FuNkY CaPrIcOrN@12 August 2003 - 23:29
Take it like men&#33;We did not have Rain here in Kentucky 4 years ago for almost 60 Days.....water turned Brown...washing and bathing in Brown fucking Water.

Buck up......buck up I say&#33;&#33;&#33; :angry:
Thanks, FC, that kind of comforted me. :D

It&#39;s been over 35° C for over 2 weeks now, you have to understand that us poor North-West Euros aren&#39;t used to that. :lol:

(They hit over 40° C in Munich Germany, 2 days ago. :blink: )

Can someone translate my temperatures into Fahrenheit, please? I know 37° C is about 100° F. :D

dingoBaby
08-12-2003, 09:48 PM
Ahh...Kentucky...where the men are men and the sheep are nervous.

kylej458
08-12-2003, 09:49 PM
Yeah, I feel your pain....up here in New Hampshire it&#39;s like swimming when you walk because of the humidity.

WeeMouse
08-12-2003, 09:50 PM
To roughly translate Celcuis into fahrenheit, multiply by 2 and then add 32.

so 40 degress Celsius is (40x2)+32 = 112 fahrenheit.

Do the reverse to convert back from Fahrenheit to Celsius (ie. subtract 32 then divide by 2).

so 100 degrees Fahrenheit is (100-32)/2 = 34 celsius.

B)

J'Pol
08-12-2003, 09:50 PM
http://images.usatoday.com/weather/resources/photos/fahr-celsius-mail-full.gif

JONNO_CELEBS
08-12-2003, 09:51 PM
Originally posted by JPaul@12 August 2003 - 21:46

Can I sell you insurance at all.

I need to clear my mortgage and I reckon a couple of premiums would cover it.
No, I got some :) ............Hang on :blink: No I ain&#39;t :blink:

Still reckon the best.........I mean stupidest one was breaking up ashfelt on a concret roof.........................With an industrail Kango gun :lol: :lol: :lol:
Man I got bollocked for that :lol: :lol: :lol:

@Bender..........If it&#39;s more than 28 C.............it&#39;s too hot to work ;) :D

Jonno B)

Bender
08-12-2003, 09:53 PM
Thanks WeeMouse and JPaul; I couldn&#39;t be bothered to look for it myself (too hot).
Next time I plan to post a temperature I&#39;ll PM the both of you. :P

FuNkY CaPrIcOrN
08-12-2003, 09:58 PM
Originally posted by dingoBaby@12 August 2003 - 16:48
Ahh...Kentucky...where the men are men and the sheep are nervous.
:D

J'Pol
08-12-2003, 09:59 PM
I used a full sized Jack Hammer on a scaffold at 150 foot up. We had built a concrete tower and one of the engineers thought the metal re-inforcing might have been put in wrong. Only way to check was to remove the concrete.

Unfortunately I couldn&#39;t reach the concrete to break from the scaffold, so I had to stand outside and hold on to the handrail, with my leg wrapped round it. That way I could hold the Jack Hammer against the tower resting it on one shoulder and holding the middle with my other hand.

It was a seriously mental thing to do, however I was paid a ridiculous amount of money to do it. That was about 25 years ago when health and safety at work was an oxymoron.

JONNO_CELEBS
08-12-2003, 10:06 PM
Originally posted by JPaul@12 August 2003 - 21:59
health and safety at work
:blink: WTF??? :blink:

Is that a new thing? :blink:

Hehe, there&#39;s a lot of guys wont work with me on scaffold :lol:
I earned the nick name "Traps" :D If you worked on site, then you know what that means :lol: :lol:

I once busted a 2 ton cocrete lintle thru with a jackhammer :D
It came crashing down crippling our towers :blink: Left us hanging from the gutter :lol: I thought that was funny as hell, my boss did&#39;nt :(

Jonno B)

CrumbCat
08-12-2003, 10:09 PM
Oh yeah - the weather is just perfect here in Northern California (San Francisco Bay Area)........right around 83 degrees outside.....and the pool is a nice 89 degrees - SPLASH&#33;

I think I&#39;ll open a beer and just hang out.........how sweet it is, how sweet it is.

Tchau&#33;
http://www.webdev.net/wabi/gfx/trail1.gifhttp://www.webdev.net/wabi/gfx/trail2.gifhttp://www.webdev.net/wabi/gfx/trail3.gifhttp://www.webdev.net/wabi/gfx/trail4.gifhttp://www.webdev.net/wabi/gfx/trail5.gifhttp://www.webdev.net/wabi/gfx/trail6.gif

J'Pol
08-12-2003, 10:12 PM
Apparently they just thought it up.

Have you ever remove the bricks from the bottom course of a wall one at a time.

It&#39;s really cool.

You take every other one away

Then every other one again.

Then every other one again, until its sitting on a few bricks.

Then get everyone to shoulder charge it and hope it falls away from you.

That&#39;s assuming that it didn&#39;t fall before that.

JONNO_CELEBS
08-12-2003, 10:18 PM
Originally posted by JPaul@12 August 2003 - 22:12

It&#39;s really cool.

Erm......No :blink: Have to try that :D Sounds like fun :D

I once (you gonna like this) stould on a garage roof, wood and steel with an aligator saw cutting it away from the nieghbouring garage, no support underneith and me................................stood on the side to come down :rolleyes: duh :blink:

Yes.........That did hurt :blink: And how I still have my legs is a mirical cos the saw cut thru my rigger boot on the way down and just nicked my shin :blink:

I must say, out of all the accidents I&#39;ve had (falling of roofs and ladders etc)
That one did actually sh1t me up a bit :blink:

I was in a major panic, I honestly though I had lost my leg, did&#39;nt even notice the nail in my other foot :blink: ..................Until I stood up :ph34r: :lol: :lol:

Jonno B)

J'Pol
08-12-2003, 10:28 PM
Originally posted by JONNO_CELEBS+12 August 2003 - 23:18--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (JONNO_CELEBS @ 12 August 2003 - 23:18)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-JPaul@12 August 2003 - 22:12

It&#39;s really cool.

Erm......No :blink: Have to try that :D Sounds like fun :D

I once (you gonna like this) stould on a garage roof, wood and steel with an aligator saw cutting it away from the nieghbouring garage, no support underneith and me................................stood on the side to come down :rolleyes: duh :blink:

Yes.........That did hurt :blink: And how I still have my legs is a mirical cos the saw cut thru my rigger boot on the way down and just nicked my shin :blink:

I must say, out of all the accidents I&#39;ve had (falling of roofs and ladders etc)
That one did actually sh1t me up a bit :blink:

I was in a major panic, I honestly though I had lost my leg, did&#39;nt even notice the nail in my other foot :blink: ..................Until I stood up :ph34r: :lol: :lol:

Jonno B) [/b][/quote]
LOL

Worst accident I ever had - didn&#39;t happen to me.

We had been pouring concrete all day - I was mixing about 20 tonnes a day at that time. I was very good at it.

It was then being put inside an old church to re-inforce the foundation. They were using a dumper to put it in.

At the end of the day we had to clean out the skip of the dumper, you know how it works. Tip it up then feck high pressure water against the inside.

But that doesn&#39;t take all of the shit out, so you hit the arse of the skip with a sledgehammer at the same time. Not one of the nancy boy 9lb ones. The full scale 14lb persuader. If something doesn&#39;t want to go somewhere persuade it.

Anyway I was hammering away at this - full pelt, taking the swings from my arse, when someone shouted Jim. I turned round in mid swing, as my mate leant against the dumper.

Caught him right on his hand, well at least one finger - the middle one. It was like a cartoon, I kid you not the finger, from the last joint onwards was totally flat.

Turned out the whole bone had been crushed to nothing. He was a good lad tho&#39; went to casualty, got it sorted and we all went drinking. He never lost it, but it was a seriously weird shape after that.

JONNO_CELEBS
08-12-2003, 10:36 PM
Jeez :blink: Remind me never to work with you :blink: :lol: :lol:

I clouted my own leg with Gurtrude (my sledghammer 12lbder) right on the shin :blink:
Man that hurt :blink: The funniest (well to look back on) was falling thru one of my own traps on scafold and getting stuck :blink: 3 hours I was there, no one was around I was in the middle of nowhere :blink: Eventually had to grit my teeth and force my way out, ripping the shit outta my arm in the procees :blink:

Like I say, funny to tell, I was in tears at the time tho :blink:
I had a splinter 4 inches long driven in my tricep :blink: Ooo, that was fun to pull out :blink: :lol: :lol:

It&#39;s all good fun tho, we tell our stories and laugh, then go to bed and have nightmares about them :lol: :lol: :lol:

Jonno B)

J'Pol
08-12-2003, 11:35 PM
The only sensible solution is a substantial quantity of alcohol.

Gertrude is a wimp btw. Never use a hammer below 14lb. You are only insulting yourself and the target.

JONNO_CELEBS
08-12-2003, 11:39 PM
Originally posted by JPaul@12 August 2003 - 23:35

Gertrude is a wimp btw. Never use a hammer below 14lb. You are only insulting yourself and the target.
You ain&#39;t never seen me and Gurtrude in action ;) There ain&#39;t been a wall to stop us yet, altho a double skin engineering bick wall tried very hard.............but failed :D

Anyway, I can&#39;t be swinging a bigger one about :blink: I&#39;m dangerous with a pin hammer let alone a big un&#39; :D

Jonno B)

J'Pol
08-12-2003, 11:42 PM
Originally posted by JONNO_CELEBS+13 August 2003 - 00:39--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (JONNO_CELEBS @ 13 August 2003 - 00:39)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-JPaul@12 August 2003 - 23:35

You ain&#39;t never seen me and Gurtrude in action ;) There ain&#39;t been a wall to stop us yet, altho a double skin engineering bick wall tried very hard.............but failed :D

Anyway, I can&#39;t be swinging a bigger one about :blink: I&#39;m dangerous with a pin hammer let alone a big un&#39; :D

Jonno B) [/b][/quote]
What&#39;s a bick wall - made out of, pens. That doesn&#39;t sound all that hard.

Oh and it&#39;s pronounced peen hammer where I come from.

JONNO_CELEBS
08-12-2003, 11:48 PM
Originally posted by JPaul@12 August 2003 - 23:42

What&#39;s a bick wall - made out of, pens. That doesn&#39;t sound all that hard.

Oh and it&#39;s pronounced peen hammer where I come from.
:lol: :lol: :lol: You rotten sod :P :lol: :lol: Bick :rolleyes:

As for the hammer, are we talking the same thing? :blink: Pin hammer, as in.....for hammering pins (pannel, vaneer etc) picture framing , glazing etc :)

Maybe just our different ways :)
The way we say it here is pin namma :D

Jonno B)

Jay
08-13-2003, 03:12 AM
Originally posted by dingoBaby@12 August 2003 - 21:41
How&#39;s the weather where you are? Its been like this, here in New England, for weeks. http://mysite.verizon.net/vze1sn7o/IMG_0276_edited.JPG

Cloudy, muggy, and raining all time. Ugh&#33;&#33; :(
u lucky, its hot as hell in D.C

Dragonlord
08-13-2003, 03:14 AM
Heat = suckage I hate the heat

Jay
08-13-2003, 03:15 AM
Originally posted by Dragonlord@13 August 2003 - 04:14
Heat = suckage I hate the heat
u not alone