PDA

View Full Version : ts-tracker introduces seed limit.

Polarbear
05-19-2008, 07:00 AM
the german tracker ts-tracker introduced a seed limit of 500% per torrent today.

when the seed limit is exceeded, upload data is not added to the user stats anymore.

ts-tracker is known for its ultra fast speeds, but also struggled with a overseeding problem. the implementation is the answer to a user poll done half a year ago. 70% of the members voted for a seed limit.

Detale
05-19-2008, 07:04 AM
Wow I would think the members would not want that because if you want to buffer your acct then you are capped, but then again it gives others a fair chance to seed too. Hmmm maybe it is a good idea

lysine
05-19-2008, 09:02 AM
when the seed limit is exceeded, upload data is not added to the user stats anymore.

unless it totally cuts you off from the swarm (like wait times do), then it's a useless move.

dragos
05-19-2008, 09:16 AM

unless it totally cuts you off from the swarm (like wait times do), then it's a useless move.

it's not. Would you keep your line in full load when there's no benefit for your account ? Most won't

sokrates
05-19-2008, 09:31 AM
lol, you are posting the news here faster than i realized it on the site..
i think it is a good solution though because nobody gets penalized this way ;)
btw who cares about building buffers?

Grind$oFine
05-19-2008, 10:26 AM

it's not. Would you keep your line in full load when there's no benefit for your account ? Most won't

People who don't watch their stuff download might not.
Especially people with really fast connections - I'm sure they'd be to 5:1 in no time - by the time they look back at it, it could be even higher.

But props to TS-Tracker for trying out something new - it may work out well, you never really know. Good luck to the tracker.

RedRansom
05-19-2008, 10:38 AM
i think its good idea
cuz someone losing yourself and leeching over and cant keep ratio especially in TL it must be . I remembered i had 3 seedbox and in TL ı hardly keep ratio at begining :) after past hours I sprinted;)

lysine
05-19-2008, 09:31 PM

if the move was to stop people from overseeding, it simply doesn't work. people are still able to overseed.

I usually don't check my seedbox but once a day, when I wake up. I just let it run, whatever is uploaded is what's uploaded. if people can't keep a decent ratio, get a better connection.

WarrenBuffet
05-19-2008, 10:03 PM
Good think I'm not at that place :)

BOOM
05-19-2008, 10:33 PM
Thats a nice idea to prevent the overseeding problem, but you can`t forget that overseed extend the torrent live...

I think that some torrents will die early due to this new "rule".

saqib
05-19-2008, 10:34 PM
Wow I would think the members would not want that because if you want to buffer your acct then you are capped, but then again it gives others a fair chance to seed too. Hmmm maybe it is a good idea

not may b , its definitely a great idea , specially for those who cant afford SB or have average home connection..

stoi
05-19-2008, 10:38 PM
Well imo, and this is for BCG anyway, its not the overseeding at 5:1 and over thats the problem, its the how fast they overseed to 5:1 and over.

someone can be on a torrent from a SB when its first upped and upload 500gig easy on that 1 4 gig torrent. But someone else could be on a torrent for 52 weeks and seed to 6:1 but they are keeping it alive.

Just like i have saying on my site, (with a completely differnt subject btw) we cant please everyone all the time, and we can never have a perfect system, just hope it works for them and their members.

F33NY
05-19-2008, 10:44 PM
It helps out those who don't have seedboxes more than people who do.