PDA

View Full Version : Getting New Uploads To Start/Go Faster

ClaireDC
05-19-2008, 06:14 PM
I have recently joined tvtorrents and am looking to get my credits up as quickly as possible. I have donated and my seeding is now worth 3:1 so i uploaded a torrent, thinking it would give my credit a decent boost as it's 2gb in size. However, i noticed that whilst there were people leeching it, my torrent programme didn't seem to be wanting to send anything.

I tried forced seeding on it but still had not a great deal of luck.. in the 28 or so hours i have been seeding, i have only managed to upload 105mb.. even after making sure i had nothing else on the go. Luckily there are other people who have joined in seeding this file so there have been people completing their downloads fairly quickly, but i can't always rely on that and i really would like to share the stuff i have that is not on the site.

What i would like to know, is if there's any other ways i can force the uploads to start quicker and upload quicker on the torrents i upload as all my downloaded ones seem fine seeding. Does azureus take a bit of time to get going with new torrent uploads? My ports are all forwarded and working fine, i am connectable and all my other downloads/uploads work great.. just the new uploads that seem to take some time to get going.

Sorry for the long post, but thought i should explain as fully as i can so you have more of an idea of the situation.

Ta.:)

DKre8ive1
05-19-2008, 10:12 PM
Are your ports forwarded on your router and are you showing as connectable in your torrent client?

Also giving us your max upload speed, how fast you are seeding it and what torrent client are you using might allow us to be of better help. :)

ClaireDC
05-20-2008, 12:26 AM
Hiya, think i posted some of that but for simplicity without all the extra content and the other questions you asked i shall list for you!

Yep ports are forwarded and i am connectable!

Max upload speed is meant to be 512mb however i usually get about 380 on speed readings.

The max i was seeding at was 9.6 but usually more between 1 and 4kbps.. that's when it got going after ages.

I use azureus.

x

Oh it's azureus 3.0.5.2 if that makes any difference? :)

kooftspc11
05-20-2008, 12:36 AM
if you donate 1 euro (less than 2 american dollars) to tvtorrents.com you will get 3x upload credits for whatever you upload

ClaireDC
05-20-2008, 12:38 AM
Yeah i have donated 2 euros already hun.. thought that was best as i couldn't upload a new torrent without any credit (i didn't sign up with an invite code for some credit :( ) so thought it best that i did so i could get going on it a bit quicker.

Raban
05-20-2008, 12:42 AM
why dont you try utorrent and see if it makes a difference

kooftspc11
05-20-2008, 12:49 AM
Yeah i have donated 2 euros already hun.. thought that was best as i couldn't upload a new torrent without any credit (i didn't sign up with an invite code for some credit :( ) so thought it best that i did so i could get going on it a bit quicker.

if you can manage to dwindle your credits down to nothing i will donate some credits to you :)

AdεεL
05-20-2008, 01:02 AM
Max upload speed is meant to be 512mb however i usually get about 380 on speed readings.

You meant 512kb right? I guess problem lies with your ISP. I'am with tiscali and they throttle bittorrent at peak times.

Anyway, if azureus 3.0.5.2 offers encryption, try enabling it and see if it helps.

ClaireDC
05-20-2008, 05:57 PM
Raban - I would but utorrent never really got on with my router very well at all from past experience. Not having much luck am I haha.

Kooftspc11 - Aww thanks hun, also just noticed a PM in my box from you which i shall read in a min.. had problems getting back on last night as it kept saying server busy which was tres annoying. x

Adeel - Haha yes sorry it was late and my fingers were all over the place with my brain not functioning at full power to notice it. :D