PDA

View Full Version : GrabIt and stunnel error on 563

php111
05-20-2008, 10:15 AM
Hi,

I am trying to use stunnel with GrabIt by changing the default port from 119 to either 563 or 443. In this case I am trying 563. When I change the port in GrabIt from 119 to 563. I get unable to connect to news.rcn.com:563. When I left it at 119 it works fine but with throttling. I left both the name and host at news.rcn.com. My stunnel.conf log is below. Am I doing this right or wrong? Thank you for any replies.

; Sample stunnel configuration file by Michal Trojnara 2002-2006
; Some options used here may not be adequate for your particular configuration

; Certificate/key is needed in server mode and optional in client mode
; The default certificate is provided only for testing and should not
; be used in a production environment
cert = stunnel.pem
;key = stunnel.pem

; Some performance tunings
socket = l:TCP_NODELAY=1
socket = r:TCP_NODELAY=1

; Workaround for Eudora bug
;options = DONT_INSERT_EMPTY_FRAGMENTS

; Authentication stuff
;verify = 2
; Don't forget to c_rehash CApath
;CApath = certs
; It's often easier to use CAfile
;CAfile = certs.pem
; Don't forget to c_rehash CRLpath
;CRLpath = crls
; Alternatively you can use CRLfile
;CRLfile = crls.pem

; Some debugging stuff useful for troubleshooting
;debug = 7
;output = stunnel.log

; Use it for client mode
client = yes
debug = debug

; Service-level configuration

[usenet]
accept = 563
connect = news.rcn.com:563
; vim:ft=dosini

mesaman
05-20-2008, 12:47 PM
RCN's outsource contract with Giganews doesn't allow SSL, or higher speed on port 119.

php111
05-20-2008, 02:32 PM
RCN's outsource contract with Giganews doesn't allow SSL, or higher speed on port 119.

OK, First of all I am not using Giganews, I am using GrabIt and second how can I open a different port besides 119? Is what I stated in my original post.

McStabhappy
05-23-2008, 01:02 PM
reading comprehension ftl.

Vor
05-28-2008, 10:41 PM

OK, First of all I am not using Giganews, I am using GrabIt and second how can I open a different port besides 119? Is what I stated in my original post.

GrabIt is a program, Giganews is a Usenet service provider. What he is saying is that you're using the program GrabIt and connection to a server that is hosted by Giganews (due to your ISP outsourcing its Usenet service) and that your Usenet service does not support SSL.