PDA

View Full Version : Why ppl keep gather accounts ?

mievmo
05-21-2008, 11:02 AM
I can't understand that thing... why the rush to get too much accounts ?
Just to make a GA ? or to collect more and more accounts...

Any other opinions ? :whistling

STiJFiN
05-21-2008, 11:16 AM
Bigger e-p*nis!

eram
05-21-2008, 11:18 AM
^ true :)

fOrUmAs
05-21-2008, 12:06 PM
I can't understand that thing... why the rush to get too much accounts ?
Just to make a GA ? or to collect more and more accounts...

Any other opinions ? :whistling

well u have answered on your question,there is nothing more to add..

but then again i dont see nothing bad in that as long they are useing acc:)

TidusBlade
05-21-2008, 12:07 PM
Yeah to increase your e-penis :P
Also, some people just do it for the giveaways so they get Rep here. And some people do it to trade accounts/invites.
It's all useless in my opinion xD

monk3y
05-21-2008, 12:12 PM
heh dude i know you and you also have quite a great number of accounts so why don't you tell us ?

mievmo
05-21-2008, 12:18 PM
Actually, i had.
Now i have few, and use less. u "know" me... yeah right.

dunson
05-21-2008, 12:20 PM
Because people seek better content and communities. Besides, most trackers aren't that great or it just doesn't fit right.

It has nothing to do with ego or epenis for many of us. I'm simply willing to check out a tracker if it sounds like I might like it. You have to join to see if you will, so you wind up with a bunch of accounts over time, including more that you use every day and those that you don't really use at all.

monk3y
05-21-2008, 12:30 PM
Actually, i had.
Now i have few, and use less. u "know" me... yeah right.

ok MM

mievmo
05-21-2008, 12:36 PM
Great. now back to the topic.

A lil something fro u :
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/MM

F.B.I
05-21-2008, 12:40 PM
Because people seek better content and communities. Besides, most trackers aren't that great or it just doesn't fit right.

It has nothing to do with ego or epenis for many of us. I'm simply willing to check out a tracker if it sounds like I might like it. You have to join to see if you will, so you wind up with a bunch of accounts over time, including more that you use every day and those that you don't really use at all.

You are being inocent dunson...

The most of us, as you said want a collection, simple as that.

Some great users just want that tracker (can be 2 or 3, but not >15 trackers :dry:), the one they like, the one they feel that the up is deserved... And users like that, we can't see a lot of them now.

IdolEyes787
05-21-2008, 12:49 PM
You have to join to see if you will, so you wind up with a bunch of accounts over time, including more that you use every day and those that you don't really use at all.

It seems to me that most(not all) people here are pretty knowledgeable about the relative merits of different trackers so I not sure your argument entirely holds water.
If you've been on a tracker long enough to be sure that it's not right for you then you should request to have your account removed to free up space for other people.
It the proper thing to do unless, like TitusBlade pointed out ,you are only using them for trading or to get rep points with.(I don't mean you dunson.I know that you don't operate like that) .

monk3y
05-21-2008, 12:54 PM
nice try

mievmo
05-21-2008, 12:58 PM
Anyways, I think that for start account GA should be forbidden....

nice try
And u, if u got some issues with me...just say/pm it, don't have time for that ****.

The Flying Cow
05-21-2008, 01:02 PM
I think what our man dunson was spitting out is that it is a trial and error procedure. You don't know the interior of a tracker from some review/level bloatage. You need to jump over the wall to check it out for yourself.

But then, like Idol said, you should (if you're a responsible person) delete the accounts at the communities you idle and generally ignore.

It's also an addiction, plain and simple. A psychosomatic condition, known as "Trackerfrenzy". To feed it, wubs sign up on as many "private" trackers as they can. When they hit 50 trackers, it's celebration time! :lol:

I don't think in the recent times (even though many traders or whatever you call them are still getting into everywhere (ScT/FTN even, etc) following the "GA" and "Trade" line is so popular anymore. Now it's either multiple account @ FST paradiso, (whereby each suits it's purpose: 1 for trading everything, 1 for making GA's and collect repopoints, and 1 for Anti-Trader lobbying and general pseudo-intellectual "I Have Depth" postings) or simply a "change of your past" move, whereby members that previously had 10,000 bt rep and made an average of 40 GA's a week, hide their bt rep and become "STOP MAKING GA's YOU F"=)# NO0BZ". Oh, and they also visit other areas of the forum to try to appear not completely BitTorrentInviteSectionAddicted. :D

TidusBlade
05-21-2008, 01:30 PM
Thats not the type I was talking about, but rather the type that when you ask them what trackers do they like or are part of and they spit out a list of 30+ Trackers xD
Like last week or so, some random person probably from FST adds me on MSN and says hi, and then starts telling me about the trackers he has :P

Mr.sharer
05-21-2008, 01:42 PM
why not, if it serves a purpose . anyway i dont believe in keeping 10 0-day accounts .

Cabalo
05-21-2008, 01:56 PM

QFT.
Just out of curiosity many people want to check as much sites as they can. It happens to me, and then time makes the nature selection and only some sites are kept in use.
There's nothing wrong with that if it's for these purposes.

Aka_katz
05-21-2008, 02:36 PM
i use 4 trackers...max in my eyes u should have 4-6 but thats just my opinion. [:

mievmo
05-21-2008, 02:50 PM
Any staff reply ?

binocular
05-21-2008, 03:22 PM
Just make it simple. See why ppl keep gathering accounts? Because they haven't got them yet, period.

robotpirate
05-21-2008, 03:33 PM
the more you have, the more you can find.

mievmo
05-21-2008, 03:36 PM
Bullshit, u don't need 20 sites to find whatever u need...

robotpirate
05-21-2008, 03:40 PM

well, i wasn't thinking that high a number...

VIZFX
05-21-2008, 03:49 PM
Its also human nature to want more. Greed plays some role as well.

kp666
05-21-2008, 03:53 PM
may be because they fear getting banned..so that there is always a source left

soulreaper
05-21-2008, 04:14 PM
It's a combination of curiosity and internet stature with the "community" word thrown in between. Fairly easy to get fooled by all the garbage floating around in FST.

Nemrod
05-21-2008, 04:31 PM
One day you are told about something wonderful called "torrent". You get in The Pirate Bay, then you know something called BitSoup exists... you get in and you think you are in paradise, but wait... there is a site... RevTT that people says itīs even better, then youīd like to be at TL because if BS and RevTT are good, how would it be TL?... and there was some site that only has games... other with old movies... and so on.
Itīs a human thing to want the best, we all want that, nothing to say against that.
But people should know when they are done and then give others the chance to use what they donīt... and Iīm not meaning giving accounts, just leaving the unused space.
Everything else is greediness.

Aka_katz
05-21-2008, 04:51 PM

thats just wrong.

smc
05-21-2008, 05:13 PM
once you get all trackers..you are no longer a noob.
you are a veteran now :S

mievmo
05-21-2008, 05:23 PM
once you get all trackers..you are no longer a noob.
you are a veteran now :S
WTF ? :frusty:

The Flying Cow
05-21-2008, 05:59 PM
He means once you have all the sought out private trackers you have a larger e-penis, meaning now it can be handjobbed by more of the "veteranos" faffing about this community bragging about their wares.

Disme
05-21-2008, 06:17 PM
All this level-shit is making a lot of people lose their minds and they keep chasing their so-called 'dreams' because they think they will be succesfull in life when joining a high level tracker.

Big mistake!

Mr.sharer
05-21-2008, 06:32 PM
He means once you have all the sought out private trackers you have a larger e-penis, meaning now it can be handjobbed by more of the "veteranos" faffing about this community bragging about their wares.

are you on shroooooms :glag:

Night0wl
05-21-2008, 06:35 PM

Bullshit right back at you.

I have probably 30 trackers and just now had to sign up at another one, in Russian even, just to get a CD that I already own but is scratched beyond recognition. I even went as far as trying to find it in crappy mp3 quality but ended up finding a good lossless rip at that Russian site.

And I have E, Pedros, Waffles, What, TT, TR, 0-Day trackers, General trackers etc.

I could not find the CD, or if I could it wasn't seeded in any quality anywhere, public or private. I came across that site using Google "Artist"+"Album"+Torrent and had to sign up to be able to download it.

Same thing 3-4 weeks ago for just one single trance mix. Also that time every single one of the usual private sites failed me.

Also I try and find movies I want in good quality using 0-day sites, general sites, Demonoid and other less private sites and public sites.

If you just want 0-day and other popular stuff then a few trackers are fine. But if you, like me, like to collect music and movies, old and new, popular and unpopular, then 30 trackers sometimes isn't enough.

And just for the record. For my use these incredible 0-day trackers, that everyone wants, are often completely useless. When I search for a movie I look for it at sites like SITR, PISexy, TL etc. before checking the likes of ScT, FTN which only have scene releases, and often in crap 700MB quality (movies) or crap V2 mp3 (music).

I am not saying 0-day is bad, but when looking for quality, most of the time, it is.

The Flying Cow
05-21-2008, 06:45 PM
What, lol? ScT, FTN only have scene releases and often in crap 700MB quality?

Are you even a member there?

FTN has the best (in terms of rare items, and i mean R A R E) DVDR packs, and ScT has more DVDR packs (some with awesome and others with less awesome movies) than you need or can grab.

Please, don't make me laugh. PiSexy? Long gone are the days when PiSexy was rolling at high-speed in the rarity/good-speeds-for-you meter.

Night0wl
05-21-2008, 06:47 PM
Did my writing imply I wasn't a member there?

And speed means absolutely nothing to me as long as I get what I want. Like I said, these sites are great if you are into the newest and most popular movies only. When you want that mediocre low budget film from 1997 suddenly those sites don't mean as much.

I like higher quality XviD or x264 DVDRips as a DVDs and my Bandwidth don't get along too well (I mean upspeed i.e. keeping ratio) and I don't care about that free leech rule as I want to give back as well as take.

When you collect movies and FLAC music, hard drives fill up fast so DVD is only for absolute Gems or things I can't get elsewhere, and I have found lots of things over time at PISexy and SITR that were not to be found on ScT or FTN, not even on DVD. I can get 2-3 XviD/x264 DVDrips on a DVD but only 1 DVD format.

You want some examples to try and search.. just of the top of my head?

A Scanner Darkly
The Big Hit
Office Space
Super Troopers
Lost Horizon (1937)
Dr. Strangelove

I can continue if you want

IdolEyes787
05-21-2008, 07:23 PM
Never understood the need to collect movies.It's not like you're going to keep watching them over and over.

Night0wl
05-21-2008, 07:29 PM
It's an obsession. Some I do watch over and over again, others I never seem to get around to watching. Pretty much, when I want to watch a movie I have kinda like my own little, or not so little, video rental store. If I want to watch something old I have it, if I want to watch something new I have it. something I have never seen or something I have seen once or twice. Options options ;)

mievmo
05-21-2008, 07:42 PM

I have probably 30 trackers and just now had to sign up at another one, in Russian even, just to get a CD that I already own but is scratched beyond recognition. I even went as far as trying to find it in crappy mp3 quality but ended up finding a good lossless rip at that Russian site.

And I have E, Pedros, Waffles, What, TT, TR, 0-Day trackers, General trackers etc.

I could not find the CD, or if I could it wasn't seeded in any quality anywhere, public or private. I came across that site using Google "Artist"+"Album"+Torrent and had to sign up to be able to download it.

Same thing 3-4 weeks ago for just one single trance mix. Also that time every single one of the usual private sites failed me.

Also I try and find movies I want in good quality using 0-day sites, general sites, Demonoid and other less private sites and public sites.

If you just want 0-day and other popular stuff then a few trackers are fine. But if you, like me, like to collect music and movies, old and new, popular and unpopular, then 30 trackers sometimes isn't enough.

And just for the record. For my use these incredible 0-day trackers, that everyone wants, are often completely useless. When I search for a movie I look for it at sites like SITR, PISexy, TL etc. before checking the likes of ScT, FTN which only have scene releases, and often in crap 700MB quality (movies) or crap V2 mp3 (music).

I am not saying 0-day is bad, but when looking for quality, most of the time, it is.
If u don't have anything smart to say - then just STFU.

Mr.sharer
05-21-2008, 07:57 PM

lol you are a dumbfuck :lol:

IdolEyes787
05-21-2008, 07:59 PM
http://img141.imageshack.us/img141/7369/arrowuptc2id9.jpg

If u don't have anything smart to say - then just STFU.:naughty:

The Flying Cow
05-21-2008, 08:06 PM
And speed means absolutely nothing to me as long as I get what I want.

Well it's a plus, but I agree. If I'm looking for that DVD or a movie of that quality (I mean the quality of the movie production, not the encode) I don't mind getting it at 1 or 10kb/s (1 seeder).

Like I said, these sites are great if you are into the newest and most popular movies only. When you want that mediocre low budget film from 1997 suddenly those sites don't mean as much.

Again I must disagree with you. I'm currently leeching, and have leeched, D*DR's (and I know they have gigantic X*iD packs too) from F** and S** that are not scene or recent. I can PM you examples, as I don't like to discuss my private activities. But suffice it to say they are not things that were released yesterday or the day before, nor the year before for that matter.

and I don't care about that free leech rule as I want to give back as well as take.

Fair enough, a lot of us are not in F** for it's "free leech" rule either. In any case it wasn't always the norm.

A Scanner Darkly - got the D*DR from TL
The Big Hit
Office Space - is available, even if ATM with 0 seeders, at one of the sites you mentioned and were just bitching about (in D*DR format)
Super Troopers
Lost Horizon (1937)
Dr. Strangelove - got it from TL, D*DR as well

It's an obsession. Some I do watch over and over again, others I never seem to get around to watching. Pretty much, when I want to watch a movie I have kinda like my own little, or not so little, video rental store. If I want to watch something old I have it, if I want to watch something new I have it. something I have never seen or something I have seen once or twice. Options options ;)

Totally agree. IMO The best thing on the scene is DVD's. A game is cool too, but after you play it, you uninstall it and shelf it. If you grab only the truly good movies, these can be watched as many times as you want. If you grab a lot and then shelf/don't have time to watch 'em all as you grab 'em, you then have options to watch when you've got nothing to do and want to kick back and enjoy a flick, in good DVD quality, with a menu and a few extras, if they were kept or you're into that sort of thing. Most importantly, you can watch it on your TV, sitting comfortably on your couch, with english subs unless it's a NORDIC release :P

WarrenBuffet
05-21-2008, 08:23 PM
Hi Guys

DV8type
05-21-2008, 09:07 PM

A Scanner Darkly
The Big Hit
Office Space
Super Troopers
Lost Horizon (1937)
Dr. Strangelove

i know a site that has most of those :shifty:

IdolEyes787
05-21-2008, 09:10 PM

A Scanner Darkly
The Big Hit
Office Space
Super Troopers
Lost Horizon (1937)
Dr. Strangelove

i know a site that has most of those :shifty:

Yeah but I'm nicer.:P

The Flying Cow
05-21-2008, 09:39 PM
Hahah. I presume, DV8type, that that site you refer to is the one you sponsor? :P

Night0wl
05-21-2008, 10:14 PM
Quotes are getting too long so I won't bother.

@VillageShaman

I wasn't bitching about the sites. I think both ScT and FTN are great sources for new stuff and popular old stuff. I tried grabbing that 0 seeder version, which BTW is a good example of a 700MB rip when I prefer 1.4GB. I then found a 1.4GB version elsewhere and grabbed that instead.

Also I said most of the time. There are also instances where the better rip is at either one of those sites or even only on one of those sites.

Also you listed TL as a good source for high quality stuff. That's exactly what I did too so you proved my point. I like Nordic sites as well for releases. Not because I sub English movies, but when parts are foreign I prefer Danish subs rather than English. Just because that's what I got used to as a kid.

The reason I wrote that post was to disprove mievmo's theory, that just because he used to be a site collector, everybody else with above a certain number of sites is one too. I have turned down many invites for sites lately because I feel it takes up too much time to be active on every site.

Oh and feel free to PM me examples. I like checking out stuff that I might have missed before. Preferably not foreign though unless it's quite the gem, just English or nordic.

@DV8

I have to admit I haven't even checked for some of those releases. Next time I need to find something it will be on the list :)

@mievmo

Why not take your own advise

sploooshman
05-21-2008, 10:16 PM
lol bigger epenis , i like that

i dunno

mievmo
05-21-2008, 10:22 PM
Staff, i think we had enough Accounts GA. it is time to make it as a rule.

Detale
05-21-2008, 10:23 PM

Easy now boys easy.

I have an account on over 50 sites. Usually kept open to speak with staff if I have to

mievmo
05-21-2008, 10:28 PM
isn't easier to talk to em at msn/aim/mail ?

F.B.I
05-21-2008, 10:36 PM

Easy now boys easy.

I have an account on over 50 sites. Usually kept open to speak with staff if I have to

Can't get the point...

smc
05-22-2008, 12:55 AM
exactly.
sorry mievmo i wasn't clear enough..but try to use your head every once in a while.

kondrae
05-22-2008, 01:20 AM
if you speak multiple languages and join dedicated trackers(games, trance,DVDs) and top of that general trackers(o-day,general music), it not that unusual to be looking at about 15-20 trackers

Skiz
05-22-2008, 03:02 AM

Classic comeback from the witless moron.

What next? "I know you are but what am I?"

Who cares if he has 50 trackers? Why it's any concern of yours, I have no idea...