PDA

View Full Version : Slow speeds @ FST

vip
05-22-2008, 03:53 AM
The last 2 days here at FST have been incredibly slow speed with pages sometimes not even loading at all.I tried Firefox as well as IE,but no difference.Are you guys doing maintenance or something,because i'm geting slower speeds than dial up.

Tokeman
05-22-2008, 03:58 AM
Try looking in the "Everything Related to the Board" section for news about the goings on of the site.

Were trying to sort the issue. Though if you dont know its from attacks on the site. For now we dont even know why or who is doing it....

C-mos
05-22-2008, 04:31 AM
i Hope they will fix it..or do something .:|

robotpirate
05-22-2008, 04:46 AM
hope it gets fixed.

Detale
05-22-2008, 04:47 AM
"something" What would you have us do?

Raban
05-22-2008, 05:04 AM

how about investing in the most expensive Hardware Firewall with DDOS protection you can find . .. . .

jayz707
05-22-2008, 05:37 AM
it have been slow for me as well... sometimes its a real headache. hope it gets fixed.

DKre8ive1
05-22-2008, 05:42 AM

how about investing in the most expensive Hardware Firewall with DDOS protection you can find . .. . .

I know that this would be the optimum solution but just a few months ago there was a discussion of either FST asks for donations or is an add filled site and I cant remember what the out come was but accepting donations was not in the plans.

I personally think that it should accept donations as long as there is a progress bar to show how far we are from our goal and it could only go on till we pay for the cost of the hardware. Yes I know a progress bar could be misleading, but it still would help since it could bring about the kind of change you mentioned, but at the end of the day its up to the owner of how he runs the site.

If I am wrong on anything above feel free to correct me since I always open to hear different point of views.

CPC464
05-22-2008, 12:28 PM
your lucky you get the slow site. mostly i get "server full try again later" or words that effect.

this is the first i have been able to get on here for ages out of witching hour.

Raban
05-22-2008, 01:01 PM
your lucky you get the slow site. mostly i get "server full try again later" or words that effect.

it goes like that for a while ... the server full msg... but that goes away so if you keep checking back you will eventually get through to the site...

how fast it goes once it starts to load is a whole nother question . .. .

Tokeman
05-22-2008, 06:06 PM
I bet you can get a firewall for half price from ebay. I get all my routers and firewalls that way, they usually last over 2 years. Not bad for the discount you get.

athenaesword
05-23-2008, 03:23 AM

this is the first i have been able to get on here for ages out of witching hour.

yeah i get that msg pretty often too. when it's actually loading it's alright for me though.

toti
05-23-2008, 06:27 AM
yes very slow

markupmaster
05-24-2008, 01:22 AM
Hehe.. At least you guys don't have to access this place through a slow ass proxy.. :( The theme is all messed up and everything..

kickass
05-24-2008, 02:07 AM
for me, its normal :o

cabang
05-24-2008, 03:30 AM
yes its slower than most other sites i go to, i can't really say if its very slow or normal for me because the speeds have been slow since i joined the forums.. so technically its normal speed for me..

0riGiNaLBoX
05-24-2008, 09:59 PM
i Hope they will fix it quickly