PDA

View Full Version : Is FUNFILE going to hell in a handbasket?? i think we all know the answer..

Raban
05-22-2008, 05:18 AM
so if you haven't logged into funfile recently you should really check it out. the drama seems to have climaxed over the past couple days. i checked it out tonight and of course ya get barraged with staff PM's but this one struck me as interesting::

http://i28.tinypic.com/zwyj5w.jpg

he brings up an interesting point regarding the donations... which i have always wondered about myself...

is this the end for funfile ? the whole staff seems to have quit . . ..

RainRoofer
05-22-2008, 06:01 AM
ROFL

That's the price for lying members, covered p2l -10

hugogarcia84
05-22-2008, 06:09 AM
I guess it's time for pretome.

kooftspc11
05-22-2008, 06:49 AM
who the fuck even knows how/when/where/why the phrase, "hell in a handbasket," originated?

Sanka113
05-22-2008, 06:58 AM
There's tons of other trackers out there. From a content standpoint you can find everything funfile has at just about any other general tracker.

JROQuinn
05-22-2008, 07:04 AM
who the fuck even knows how/when/where/why the phrase, "hell in a handbasket," originated?

This expression may have come from the mid-19th Century in America during the building of the transcontinental railroad. As the line built from the west to the east, a number of Chinese laborers were employed to assist in building the line through the mountains of the west. In order to do this large amounts of rock had to be dynamited. The Chinese laborers were placed in a wicker chair and suspended over a cliff by a rope. The laborer would bore into the rock and insert the dynamite charges then light the fuse and yell to be pulled back to the top. Dependent on how strong and fast the man on top was at pulling the rope determined if the laborer made it with his life. If not, the laborer was blown to bits. And the term "going or he went to hell in a handbasket" was born.

The Flying Cow
05-22-2008, 08:11 AM
Hahah - interesting little history there JROQuinn.

BTW, who gives a shit about FunFile?

I'd think even a complete idiot would understand it's total worthlessness.

dunson
05-22-2008, 06:06 PM
Wtf is a fun file? :blink:

DV8type
05-22-2008, 08:27 PM
ahhhh, the days of honorable websites are gone....there is but a select few who still respect their users

SenorBubbz
05-22-2008, 09:57 PM
ahhhh, the days of honorable websites are gone....there is but a select few who still respect their users

Select few being the key phrase there.
I can only think of BCG, TL and Demonoid off the top of my head.

saqib
05-22-2008, 10:16 PM

u r missing 3 , and u know wt i mean :happy:

SenorBubbz
05-22-2008, 10:34 PM

u r missing 3 , and u know wt i mean :happy:

FTN, PTN and Waffles?

I don't know, now that I think about it, all sites that I'm active at care about their members.

I don't feel like posting the whole list, but let's say 7-9 trackers.

The Flying Cow
05-22-2008, 11:04 PM
This "FunFile" thing isn't the only site being dishonest to it's userbase.

Others that are on this line - PiSexy (PayPayl fraud in the past, a very untrustworthy bunch, with their "contests" that always have the same winners), BitSoup (massive member spam for everyone to pay for upload on an hourly basis), and so on.

There are, however, still a few honest blokes about this bt scene.

Maybe DV8type represents such a place :D

stoi
05-23-2008, 08:06 AM
I am very surprised that BCG was mentioned in this for a good reason. not because we are nasty to our members, but remember, I had something very similar to this happen at the end of last year, and there was all sorts of crap flying about.

I wont say that what the OP wrote is not true, but you get to a stage where, staff think hold on, Who is getting paid here, im not, or how much is so and so getting paid, im getting XX wonder if its more than him type thing, and then take it upon themselves to quit, but before doing so, they send a mass PM out, or hack the site and tell all the users they are getting scammed. I know, it`s happened to me.

So Funfile will get a new bunch of staff, and will rebuild, and by xmass most people will have forgotton all about it.

fOrUmAs
05-23-2008, 03:15 PM
from what i could see,the real reasone was money (as always)

since only some Lockdown have access to that area,so no one really knows where money goes and some staff members have said that even donation % is also incorrectly to get more that just 100%

probably not all is true but it is interesting since big money is spins there

Submission
05-24-2008, 05:31 AM
all trackers are in it for the money. What kind of idiot thinks they aren't making money.

jwsisliving1
05-24-2008, 07:06 AM
all trackers are in it for the money. What kind of idiot thinks they aren't making money.

The small trackers probably just aim to make enough money to survive. Do you honestly think trackers like iTS and ScL are making huge profits?

I think the only trackers that take in lots of money are the big trackers, the worst being the P2L trackers (we all know who they are).

yayyyyyy
05-24-2008, 09:38 AM

TL?

rotfl... I thought that

Vip access includes:

No wait time restrictions, regardless your ratio.
No slot restrictions, regardless your ratio.
Immunity to the auto-ban because of low ratio

counted as P2L ... just pay and we allow you to leech with no limits :D

Raban
05-24-2008, 09:55 AM
counted as P2L ... just pay and we allow you to leech with no limits :D

lol ya i agree with you TL has a lot of "encouragement" to get people donating... i remember when i was new there and ya get hit with that 48hr waittime its like UHmmmmm...

then they entice you with the "donate and make it go away!"