PDA

View Full Version : question for seedbox users

Polarbear
05-22-2008, 07:54 AM
do you actually transfer the files from your seedbox to your computer to watch/use them?

or

do you just seed them as much as possible and delete the files afterwards?

Mr.sharer
05-22-2008, 07:59 AM
sorry to hijack your thread , but i have a question

when you transfer files from seedbox to your pc , how does that affect your ratio ?

yayyyyyy
05-22-2008, 08:05 AM
both :)

The Flying Cow
05-22-2008, 08:07 AM
The second option would seem a bit daft. What's the point of downloading something if it won't be for personal use? -_o

Disme
05-22-2008, 08:12 AM
The second option would seem a bit daft. What's the point of downloading something if it won't be for personal use? -_o

Have you ever watched statistics on some trackers ... peeps with 20 à 30 TB download and upload ... they have downloaded more than they'll ever be able to watch/listen/use.

I only download things if I'm gonna use/watch/listen to them so I go for the first option.

sam45
05-22-2008, 08:22 AM
Both.

Ratio boost first, and then download what you want for the long term.

Let's just say, I'm set for years ( if the trackers last that long ) on some top trackers,
thanks to a couple months of power seeding.

1000possibleclaws
05-22-2008, 08:23 AM
well if I'm maxing the bandwidth on my seedbox, what's the point in ftp'ing whatever it is over to my pc? Even if it's not maxed out, I almost always redownload the files, just for the sake of convenience and for the added traffic. In fact I didn't even have any method (ie ftp) set up for the longest time to transfer files from seedbox to pc.

anyways i havn't had a seedbox for quite some time now and i can't see myself paying for one anytime in the near future.. it's just a waste of money if you're not an uploader and i don't have the motivation, nor am i l33t enough to have scene access.

sam45
05-22-2008, 08:26 AM
sorry to hijack your thread , but i have a question

when you transfer files from seedbox to your pc , how does that affect your ratio ?

Umm....

Sorry, but this is a rather silly question.

When you transfer the files from your box to your PC, that doesn't affect your ratio at all. The files remain on the server, unless you delete them.

You're just 'copying' the files to your PC

The Flying Cow
05-22-2008, 09:00 AM
You need to pay to get proper scene acess today anyhow. Whether it be private stros or the usenet.

Only the wealthy can boast this kind of activity IMO (seedbox, sceneaccess, and so forth).

DeadCell
05-22-2008, 09:52 AM
i only download what i think either looks good or that i know i will use. I dont see the point in ratio building tbh, its not a competition and i dont win anything for having a big upload..

bladesharp
05-22-2008, 09:58 AM
i have used couple of times, just to boost my ratio.. but transferring the file was a pain so in total i transfered on 10% of files i have downloaded

BlueLabel
05-22-2008, 10:36 AM
I allways download tv and movies to my computer
but hugh files like big pack.... very rare

ideto
05-22-2008, 11:27 AM

Buffer ... buffer and more buffer.
Ok. I am not super downlaoder, but what I downlaod its because i wanna watch/listen/play , and then I just seed back.
Buffers are the reason why super-whore-seed-sites have less leechers...

Polarbear
05-22-2008, 12:17 PM
it is a fact that most trackers don't condone hit and runs nowadays. you have to seed back to 1:1 or for a certain amount of time. no matter how high your buffer is.
i'm very thankful for all seedbox users and their buffer farming. they pay to seed content they obviously don't need to make me download faster.

i can download all of this great content they have on their boxes for free. they pay to give it to me ultra fast without even watching it or having it on their computer. isn't that great?

please buy more seedboxes and seed as long as you can. it's paradise for a leecher like me. i leech with 20mbit to my hd, you pay for an external server to seed.

all of your upload bandwith belongs to the leechers. you pay for your buffer, we leech your files for free and seed back only what's necessary.

i love seedboxes! would i buy one? never ever! :lol:

call me a bloody leecher, 'cause that's what i am. i join trackers to download what i like.

Disme
05-22-2008, 12:40 PM
it is a fact that most trackers don't condone hit and runs nowadays. you have to seed back to 1:1 or for a certain amount of time. no matter how high your buffer is.
i'm very thankful for all seedbox users and their buffer farming. they pay to seed content they obviously don't need to make me download faster.

i can download all of this great content they have on their boxes for free. they pay to give it to me ultra fast without even watching it or having it on their computer. isn't that great?

please buy more seedboxes and seed as long as you can. it's paradise for a leecher like me. i leech with 20mbit to my hd, you pay for an external server to seed.

all of your upload bandwith belongs to the leechers. you pay for your buffer, we leech your files for free and seed back only what's necessary.

i love seedboxes! would i buy one? never ever! :lol:

call me a bloody leecher, 'cause that's what i am. i join trackers to download what i like.

So what exactly is the meaning of your topic than ... making fun of people with seedboxes???
I get the impression you are so proud of not having one ... good for you ... but as you said ... without these people goes your ability to max out your connection on trackers with a bunch of users with big pipes/seedboxes.

Polarbear
05-22-2008, 12:55 PM
So what exactly is the meaning of your topic than ... making fun of people with seedboxes???

no, i was trying to find out what they primarily do with their boxes.

furthermore i would like to thank them for having one.

Aka_katz
05-22-2008, 01:14 PM
hehe

Polarbear
05-22-2008, 01:18 PM
hehe
http://xs127.xs.to/xs127/08213/dec19_249.jpg

what???

tknaught
05-22-2008, 01:49 PM
You need to pay to get proper scene acess today anyhow. Whether it be private stros or the usenet.

Only the wealthy can boast this kind of activity IMO (seedbox, sceneaccess, and so forth).

I don't think you really need to be "wealthy" to take part in usenet.

Polarbear
05-22-2008, 01:57 PM

compare the average income of an indian, iraqi, romanian or egyptian family to seedbox or usenet prices.

expenisve or not can't only be measured by western standards.

kukushka
05-22-2008, 02:05 PM

compare the average income of an indian, iraqi, romanian or egyptian family to seedbox or usenet prices.

hm. seems to me that romanians have good enough speeds at home. czone is quite fast..

Polarbear
05-22-2008, 02:18 PM

hm. seems to me that romanians have good enough speeds at home. czone is quite fast..

with 8% romania has one of the lowest internet and broadband penetration in europe.

the scandinavian countries have up to 75%.

european average is 54%.

stitched
05-22-2008, 05:29 PM

i think internet speeds cant be a measure of a how rich or poor a country is...well as far as india is concerned ,we can get many movies,games for less then 50 cents,most of the stuff is pirated ,you need a lot of good luck to survive in india and most of us are happy the way we are with or without seedbox or usenet, the trick is balancing the wants with wahteevr income ,be it any country

TidusBlade
05-22-2008, 06:00 PM
I usually do a little bit of both, because I know I'll be left without a seedbox and shared 256Kbps upload so I gotta buffer up to survive, so eventually my ratio levels out.

The Flying Cow
05-22-2008, 06:38 PM
It's like most things on the scene Polarbear (AFA needing people to do these services for you). Not just the seedbox gigolos (no insult intended here :lol:)

For a private stro you need those guys fxp'ing the shit to the ftp, for DC++ you need the guy to have leeched it first to his HDD, for mIRC the guy needs to have it somewhere, ETC.

The advantage here being clearly that they pay phat monthly ca$h for the seedbox, and you pay 0 cents to be in the tracker/leech + seed from it. :schnauz:

BOOM
05-22-2008, 06:42 PM
I just download movies and tv files from sb.

killercam101
05-22-2008, 08:23 PM
I always d/l what i get d/l on my seedbox but then again I never seed more then 4:1 I try to be fair to users without seedboxes.

dunson
05-22-2008, 08:51 PM
I FTP what I actually wanted and the shitty xvids I uploaded or jumped on for the leechers get deleted.