PDA

View Full Version : Leeching

DavidPH55
08-13-2003, 06:00 AM
ive found atleast one or two people who have leeched off of me, and that helps fuel my rage, i almost never download music, i downwload tv shows, games, and otherthings that not everyione has, so people who dont share are a big concern, i think to myself 'how can i spend a month continually searching and researching for a file and not even getting remotely queued, while when i searched, i found a couple soruces, it leads me to believe that people have the file, and are probably on at some point during the day, but dont share, i ask you, why do people not share? what are you afraid? the big bad riaa is gonna xcome and huff and puff and uhhh some other stuff that i cant remember, anywayspersonnally, i wish one of two things to occur, to no longer have the do not share option, or to make it so that people cant download from me if they dont share, i want one of those two, and i want it NOW before i grow old and die before my friggin 80 meg show is downloaded!!! TICKS ME OFF!!! people who leech are much like the creature itself, they are a pest... they cling on to somethin, and start sucking its blood, while they do serve purpose in nature... this isnt nature, therefore they do not serve a purpose unless you count ruining p2p qhat it is now is like if nothing ate or killed leeches, the creature that is, they would simply grow in number, and suck away life from things, grow in number, suck life, grow in number.... and so on and so forth, till there is nothing left, like locusts... only not that fast, i think... anyways, i WOULD have started a poll, but im new, so i didnt want to do something too stupid, anyways, i dont know what you people think anyways, also, dont give me any 'there are plenty of people who share' cause thats true, there arent enough of the RIGHT people who share.... anyways my e-mail is [email protected], just thought id put it there so you dont have to do anything if you give a crap.... that is IF you give a crap.... well, cant think of anytihng else to say cept... p2p good, riaa bad, leechers bad, oh and, fire bad

Adster
08-13-2003, 06:04 AM
First of all how do you know their a leech???

wheres the proof

balamm
08-13-2003, 06:05 AM
I'd imagine there are a variety of oportunistic viruses on their way to your email inbox at this moment ;)

I'm_going_slightly_mad
08-13-2003, 06:35 AM
Originally posted by Hogster@13 August 2003 - 01:04

wheres the proof
Yeah&#33; What you said&#33; When will people ever learn?&#33; <_<

Just share, people&#33; Stop worrying about who is sharing and who is not&#33;

Cheers&#33; =]

Suzi

DavidPH55
08-13-2003, 04:46 PM
ok, i believe i told you that it does affect me who shares and who doesnt, the way i know they a leech is simple, i asked them very nicely, sorta... anyways, it just rather much so ticks me off, i usually get what i try to download, but sometimes, i dont, i do have a limit to how long i search before i decide to giveb up... usually about a month, sdoundas reasonable, anyways, i need more sources, or it takes me weeks and weeks to get small files, you probably only dowbnload music and other common things, otherwise youd know what im talking about, anyways, as for the virus joke, ouch, thats seems a little too mean if you ask me... but uhh, i guess if you know a virus not protected by my antivirus program -name removed- then i guess it was bound to happen sooner or later but uhhh, as far as i know, this is the best there is out there so uhhh, good luck? anyways if you do download things beside music, stufflike games and movies and tv shows, then please continue to insult me, otherwise, please keep in mind, you are not me therefore... you do not know me&#33;

Bernardattic
08-13-2003, 05:08 PM
Originally posted by DavidPH55@13 August 2003 - 16:46
ok, i believe i told you that it does affect me who shares and who doesnt, the way i know they a leech is simple, i asked them very nicely, sorta... anyways, it just rather much so ticks me off, i usually get what i try to download, but sometimes, i dont, i do have a limit to how long i search before i decide to giveb up... usually about a month, sdoundas reasonable, anyways, i need more sources, or it takes me weeks and weeks to get small files, you probably only dowbnload music and other common things, otherwise youd know what im talking about, anyways, as for the virus joke, ouch, thats seems a little too mean if you ask me... but uhh, i guess if you know a virus not protected by my antivirus program -name removed- then i guess it was bound to happen sooner or later but uhhh, as far as i know, this is the best there is out there so uhhh, good luck? anyways if you do download things beside music, stufflike games and movies and tv shows, then please continue to insult me, otherwise, please keep in mind, you are not me therefore... you do not know me&#33;
rofl you silly silly man just share and dont worry about it ffs life is too short :D

Gre1
08-13-2003, 05:38 PM
No, leeching shouldn&#39;t be allowed answers the topic question. And another thing is u write to much didn&#39;t feel like reading all that gibberish.

cosmic doobie
08-13-2003, 05:49 PM
P2P is about Give & Take.
One day someone will take, but next someone else will Give.
Don&#39;t stress man&#33;
Or may I suggest you take up Golf to relax :lol: :lol:

HitchcockPossessedBudgie
08-13-2003, 07:10 PM
Leeching, Should it be allowed?

http://www.geocities.com/undeadbudgie/reagansamerica.txt

Adster
08-14-2003, 08:11 AM
great answer

balamm
08-14-2003, 08:18 AM
Originally posted by DavidPH55@13 August 2003 - 17:46
anyways, as for the virus joke, ouch, thats seems a little too mean if you ask me... but uhh, i guess if you know a virus not protected by my antivirus program -name removed- then i guess it was bound to happen sooner or later but uhhh, as far as i know, this is the best there is out there so uhhh, good luck?
It was no joke. Only foolish noobs post their email addresses on open boards. The viruses are dead serious and it doesn&#39;t matter what antivirus you have if you or someone else isn&#39;t very carefull opening mail.
Not to mention all the spam and shit you&#39;re also likely to recieve now.
Guess you aren&#39;t familiar with email harvestors and bots either?

IamCool
08-14-2003, 01:28 PM
Originally posted by Hogster@13 August 2003 - 00:04

wheres the proof
well put :)

DavidPH55
08-14-2003, 05:19 PM
well, as to the spam, im not too concerned, youd have to be pretty pissed off at me to really do something, as for the virus thing, i know viruses are no joke, sheesh, anyways, ive decided to give up, since people who dont share are just greedy bastards, so whats the point of trying to change their minds, its like the riaa only more annoying than dangerous, not like the riaa is really dangerous, anyways... i will always hope that there wont be a no share option, but oh well i guess those who dont share dont care... no point in talking sense to the senseless, but i will always hold this idea, people who dont share ruin p2p and are also complete idiots, with that i bid you farewell...

stonecold1203
08-14-2003, 07:05 PM
I leech. My ISP doesn&#39;t allow for me to upload.

Do what you want. I could care less what you think

Nobody2
08-14-2003, 07:07 PM
I don&#39;t think leeching always is bad. Think eMule. People open 3 connections to you at max speed and you are queued for days before even getting the very first byte. This makes my internet connection 100% unusable for anything, including getting any file. Also then I&#39;m disconnected from the server within a minute or so.
No way to disable it. I did it the hard way, by moving the files around.

I like the way K-lite does it though. You help just a bit, and with a million+ bits you have a lot of bytes :lol: .

Then again it really is my DSL, the upload is very very low, 6 kb/s and if I use all of it (by default in K-lite and no way to disable it in eMule) then I can&#39;t open ANY connection without a time-out.

stonecold1203
08-14-2003, 07:09 PM
60% people don&#39;t share on kazaa.

I&#39;m one of the 60%. And i say it proud. I will NOT get in trouble for my ISP (no, i don&#39;t mean RIAA) just because some person wants to download of me.

Freek1e
08-14-2003, 07:50 PM
hmm... p2p = sharing network

despite this ppl happily leech & do not share (B&#036; about being scared of ISP)

so

Leeching, Should it be allowed?

NO

fechdog82
08-14-2003, 07:58 PM
hey if all you have available is 56k or in the case around where I am, LESS, MUCH LESS than 56k cause the phone lines SUCK, then if you open up your shares to everyone you&#39;ll never get the file you want for yourself. would you want to give up most of your bandwidth to like 10 other people trying to download from you and have a tv show or something big like that transfer at less than 1.0k/s? that&#39;ll take years&#33;

hey, i can see if you got broadband (if it&#39;s even available to you) then yeah, you got the extra bandwidth to spare so you should share, but if you&#39;re barely alive as it is, lay off the people they&#39;re just trying to get their stuff without it taking years.

most of you guys are lucky. you can get broadband where you are, and afford it, over 75% of the country still uses 56k or less cause that&#39;s all there is. think about how we feel before you go slamming us for not sharing. I&#39;m tired of hearing 56k is not an excuse. BULL&#036;hit&#33;

i couldn&#39;t care less about the RIAA or my ISP, it&#39;s a matter of available bandwidth to me. if i had a fast connection i&#39;d be happy to share.

firebird32
08-14-2003, 11:25 PM
its a problem to know who is leeching with the new privicy options but i find an IM clears up the situation, if i get no reply they get dumped, if they are polite enough to provide an exlanation then im happy for them to continue (ok maybe im too trusting).. as a little aside am i the only one who thinks it strange that the same companies (sony ect) who complain about loss of income but provide the equipment which allow people to burn cd&#39;s

EnJoi
08-14-2003, 11:42 PM
leeching is bad mkay

firebird32
08-15-2003, 12:14 AM
in my experience it seems to be worse with broadband users, steal all your bandwidth and give nothing in return

theprisoner
08-15-2003, 12:44 AM
No, leechers shouldnt be allowed but neither are spammer that start retard subjects like this.....

DavidPH55
08-15-2003, 01:23 AM
hey if all you have available is 56k or in the case around where I am, LESS, MUCH LESS than 56k cause the phone lines SUCK, then if you open up your shares to everyone you&#39;ll never get the file you want for yourself. would you want to give up most of your bandwidth to like 10 other people trying to download from you and have a tv show or something big like that transfer at less than 1.0k/s? that&#39;ll take years&#33;&nbsp; &nbsp; hey, i can see if you got broadband (if it&#39;s even available to you) then yeah, you got the extra bandwidth to spare so you should share, but if you&#39;re barely alive as it is, lay off the people they&#39;re just trying to get their stuff without it taking years.&nbsp; &nbsp; most of you guys are lucky. you can get broadband where you are, and afford it, over 75% of the country still uses 56k or less cause that&#39;s all there is. think about how we feel before you go slamming us for not sharing. I&#39;m tired of hearing 56k is not an excuse. BULL&#036;hit&#33;&nbsp; &nbsp; i couldn&#39;t care less about the RIAA or my ISP, it&#39;s a matter of available bandwidth to me. if i had a fast connection i&#39;d be happy to share. well, maybe if you lowered your max upload amount, then maybe you wouldnt have the problem? not to mention the fact thatit might just be your source that is guiving 1 k per second? i have dsl, and it would be grand if i got 1k per second, also, im glad to know im not th only one whos against leeching, anyways, also, i never knew that only 25% of the country use dsl or more, but it does sound accurate, anyways, i do realise that there are good reasons as to why you might not share, but bandwidth problems is NOT one of them, theres an option to limit max uploads, use it&#33; id be so much happier with remotely queued than more sources needed, anyways, theres this wierd thing, its searching for sources, and then itr finds someone then it says more sources needed again, its the same user pretty much, and i find it odd, it has happened several times now, and i want to knopw if anyone else has this happen...

Adster
08-15-2003, 02:11 AM
ymm yeah leechers well hmmm..... ummmmm..... any proof that someojnes a leech?

balamm
08-15-2003, 02:16 AM
I suppose it wouldn&#39;t be too hard to include stats on each connection somehow, instead of actually showing which files they aere..

Of course that would mean that some of these complainers might be shown up as being leaches as well or sharing shit even. Accountability can be a bitch both ways.

DasScoot
08-15-2003, 03:27 AM
I don&#39;t care how much the people downloading from me are sharing. Hell, I just like watching the uploaded list go.

If your upload is so limited you have to watch it for leeches, you should probably be a leech yourself. And if it&#39;s not, WHY THE FUCK DO YOU CARE?

RealitY
08-15-2003, 05:59 AM
Originally posted by stonecold1203@14 August 2003 - 20:09
60% people don&#39;t share on kazaa.

I&#39;m one of the 60%. And i say it proud. I will NOT get in trouble for my ISP (no, i don&#39;t mean RIAA) just because some person wants to download of me.
Are you the same guy that just awhile ago said you had you upload limits expanded after calling your ISP and complaining. Wow that changed quickly.

Also what the f**k ISP do you have, I seem to remember you going on and on about AOL. Whatever ISP it is, what the fuck are you paying them for if you can&#39;t upload, thats a f**king lie, or should I say what are you parents paying them for. I never heard of an ISP saying you cannot upload, do you get an additional &#036;1 off a monthy you...

Complete bullshit, some ISP&#39;s limit the amount of upload. Mine is at about 250mb a day, download at 1gb a day. Seems after you got them to open that upload speed you may have f**king maxed out that limit, causing an email to be sent to all users on the account, thats what they do, including your parents&#33;&#33; So now that your in trouble with your folks, not your ISP, you&#39;ve become a leech.

Oh, you also mentioned you don&#39;t care what we think as well, well actually I don&#39;t care what you do truthfully. The bullshit just seems to fly when I read your posts, and I&#39;m guessing your about fourteen. So I will give you fortteen year old advice, tell your parents all ISP&#39;s allow upload, then find out their limits and explain you&#39;ll keep it cool, no more f**kups and spook email, parents don&#39;t like that. Then you can share again and become a part of the community once more.

Of course if you are not the same person, clue me in.

Adster
08-15-2003, 06:17 AM
REALITY you better tone down that language a bit

you say f*ck not fuck

I dont think &#092; its the same guy as before

RealitY
08-15-2003, 09:06 AM
Originally posted by Hogster@15 August 2003 - 07:17

you say f*ck not fuck

Ok, I cleaned it, just got a tad irritated.

I think it is the same guy, although...

As I said, clue me in.

firebird32
08-15-2003, 11:48 AM
ok maybe someone can help me out with this, the whole bandwidth appears to be about 50 so if two uploads are say 25 each, my downloads drop out or slow to a crawl, in the options uploads is set at 1024, shoudl it be 24 so that i get at least half my band width...i have no problem with sharing just it seems to be a one way street most of the time

DavidPH55
08-15-2003, 02:42 PM
ok, i believe in my last post i failed to realise/mention (its understandable since i did do it at about 1:30 in the morning) that also upload capacity and download capacity per second are two differant numbers, though it may only aplly to dsl+ but i should think that it applies to 56k too,however, if i am wrong and it doesnt apply to 56k, then you should set your max bandwidth for upload to 24 kilo bits per second (3kilo bytes per second) and maybe set your max upload amoyunt to 1 or 2, as for that aol user, same thing, well, if there was someone uploading from you at 3k per second constantly for 24 hours, it would go over the limit by 9.2 meg, but the odds of that happening are quite slim, as you probably wouldnt always get users with the ability to get 3k per second, or you wouldnt be on kazaa for 24 hours, i know i am, but as far as i know, theres no limit to amount of use, i use verizon, and i find that its pretty good, i do hear alot odf crap about aol... i use their cds as frisbees, you know, it really works, ny sister uses them t5o decorate her wall, so i guess they arent TOO bad... hahahahahaha, anyways, i hope that helps your connection problem, also, incase anyone wants to know how much you could possibly upload during any 24 hour period, heres the formula
*note: doesnt work if anything has unlimited
1. start with the max upload bandwidth
2. multiply by 60
3. multiply by 60 again
4. multiply by 24
5. divide by 8
6. divide by 1000 to get megabytes, if desired
and there you have it, though unless you set it really low, and are on for 24 hours a day, then you will never actually hit it, but its still fun to see... again, unless uploading crashes your computer/connection there isnt any good excuse you can give...

EnJoi
08-15-2003, 03:08 PM
Originally posted by Hogster@15 August 2003 - 07:17

you say f*ck not fuck

eh he only said fuck 5 times i think

RealitY
08-15-2003, 04:22 PM
ok maybe someone can help me out with this, the whole bandwidth appears to be about 50 so if two uploads are say 25 each, my downloads drop out or slow to a crawl, in the options uploads is set at 1024, shoudl it be 24 so that i get at least half my band width...i have no problem with sharing just it seems to be a one way street most of the time
No, if you wish to allow only 24KB/s upload
You must multiply by 8.
Thus enter 192kb/s.
1Byte = 8bits.

RealitY
08-17-2003, 02:03 AM
Originally posted by REALITY@15 August 2003 - 06:59
Considering the lack of response I guess it was the same person.
I wonder if he ever talked to his parents.

Switeck
08-19-2003, 04:59 PM
Originally posted by REALITY@15 August 2003 - 11:22

No, if you wish to allow only 24KB/s upload
You must multiply by 8.
Thus enter 192kb/s.
1Byte = 8bits.
Unfortunately, there&#39;s no 192 kilobits/sec option -- only 24,32,64,128,256,512,1024,2048,4096,8192,unlimited.

128 and 256 kilobits/sec are the closest -- with 128 kilobits/sec (16 KB/sec) being the closest and UNDER the desired amount.

MANY broadband connections only have 128 kilobits/sec TOTAL UPLOAD BANDWIDTH -- so even limiting KL++&#39;s upload bandwidth to 128 kilobits/sec WILL overload the connection from time-to-time (because uploads isn&#39;t the ONLY thing eating your upload bandwidth&#33;)

RealitY
08-19-2003, 09:27 PM
Originally posted by Switeck@19 August 2003 - 17:59
Unfortunately, there&#39;s no 192 kilobits/sec option -- only 24,32,64,128,256,512,1024,2048,4096,8192,unlimited.

128 and 256 kilobits/sec are the closest -- with 128 kilobits/sec (16 KB/sec) being the closest and UNDER the desired amount.
Ah, so true, hadn&#39;t gone that deep.

slick nick
08-20-2003, 03:37 AM
if that person said they were on aol they&#39;re not the same. aol won&#39;t connect if kazaas running or will disconnect continually if you run kazaa. and no uploads is a total load concerning aol.

RealitY
08-20-2003, 07:49 AM
Originally posted by slick nick@20 August 2003 - 04:37
if that person said they were on aol they&#39;re not the same. aol won&#39;t connect if kazaas running or will disconnect continually if you run kazaa. and no uploads is a total load concerning aol.
The story runs a little deeper...
http://www.klboard.ath.cx/index.php?act=ST...t=0#entry457546 (http://www.klboard.ath.cx/index.php?act=ST&f=13&t=62790&st=0#entry457546)
I just saw a lotta bullshit floating.

As for AOL, I used to KaZaa on it all the time and never ha a problem.
Just don&#39;t care for them much anymore.