PDA

View Full Version : Installation Guide To Forum Softwares

I.am
08-13-2003, 07:41 AM
How to Install - Tutorial (http://www.forum-forum.com/forum/tutorials.php)

balamm
08-13-2003, 07:54 AM
Thanks. :) I've been fighting this install for several days now. The instructions packaged with the software are crap.

sharedholder
08-13-2003, 08:02 AM
Thanks. :D

I.am
08-13-2003, 08:25 AM
You are welcome. Found it to be very helpful. Have read several times people asking about it. Now I guess this will answer most of the queries.

Cheers!
I.am ^_^

Ynhockey
08-13-2003, 09:50 AM
Actually, i've found the PHPBB.com installation guide just fine... it wasn't very hard anyway. But still, thx :) now you might wanna post a guide on how to modify templates... i'd really like to see a good one...

Keikan
08-13-2003, 10:41 AM
Where the hell do you get forum software?

balamm
08-13-2003, 07:21 PM
Originally posted by Ynhockey@13 August 2003 - 10:50
Actually, i've found the PHPBB.com installation guide just fine... it wasn't very hard anyway. But still, thx :) now you might wanna post a guide on how to modify templates... i'd really like to see a good one...
Were you installing to your own server? That's where I'm finding the problem. It's all about publishing to an ftp server that is not local. I don't need the leechftp steps and it won't work without it it seems. All my permissions are set in the IIS admin snapin so chmod seems to conflict. And only small parts of php4 are working right.
I've tried it from 2 win2k systems following their steps and it just won't work. I get some messed up frames where the configuration page should be but it's unreadable.