PDA

View Full Version : SCT disabled

dunson
05-26-2008, 12:37 PM
I logged in fine earlier and downloaded a torrent, but just now I tried again and my account was disabled. :cry:

I'm pretty sure I've followed all the rules, but maybe they think I'm cheating cause I got a new seedbox and have 3 going + home IP. I just don't know. Honestly, I'm a good user as some of you know, so I wouldn't post this if I wasn't totally confused.

If anyone can help in finding a reason by asking staff or something, I'd appreciate it. Username JRRTokin. I tried getting in IRC but I'm not that good at that and couldn't get into any of the channels.

I'm more disappointed than I thought being banned at a site would make me. :cry:

Vitality
05-26-2008, 12:56 PM
No one can ask for u.... u have to do it urself :(

dunson
05-26-2008, 12:59 PM
I don't know how/where to ask though. I tried getting in IRC and failed.

The Flying Cow
05-26-2008, 01:03 PM
Sad news my friend. I can't begin to guess the kind of frustration you must be feeling.

I'll PM Kavselj or someone, see what happened.

dunson
05-26-2008, 01:06 PM
Thanks man. I'm upset cause the site had a ton of great DVDs. This sucks.

The Flying Cow
05-26-2008, 01:50 PM
Well I'm afraid the reason has nothing to do with your IP.

Check PM.

nsk
05-26-2008, 01:55 PM
You could try PM'ing Feeling on here.

SenorBubbz
05-26-2008, 02:03 PM

Feeling's never online here.

Try the IRC again.

munaaf
05-26-2008, 02:07 PM
do u jus not know how to use irc?
cuz on ScT u need to put some script to be invited into the channel.
if u know ur passkey frm one of ur torrents i cn tell u the rest of the script u need.

otherwise i suggest PM one of the community reps worth a try if u cant get irc working

nsk
05-26-2008, 02:08 PM

Try the IRC again.

Made a post yesterday ;)

dunson
05-26-2008, 02:13 PM
Answered. :(

Thanks.

munaaf
05-26-2008, 02:36 PM
doesn't sound good guess u don't wanna tell us the reason ? :( unlucky man

BReal13
05-26-2008, 04:11 PM
I see your account is still disabled...what's up ?

killercam101
05-26-2008, 04:19 PM
hmmm banned from ScT but not from any other sites..I wonder what happened?.

dunson
05-26-2008, 06:34 PM
My account was disabled because I used SCT as a source of scene releases to upload to a smaller tracker that they don't like. After I got Jumper really fast this morning, I discovered I'd been banned 10 minutes later.

I understand why SCT doesn't really like people using them as a source, but that should be in the rules properly. That reference to don't upload torrents to other trackers in the rules of all trackers is about the .torrent file, not the data I download from the seeder. Whatever the case, I'm out of what is obviously the best big tracker around.

If any SCT staff read this, please reconsider, we can have a nice discussion about this to clear it up like men, rather than a quick !kb in your support channel by some hasty mod as soon as I state the issue. By work it out I mean, I can beg for a second chance and assure you I won't upload anything downloaded from SCT. But please clarify your Rules and FAQ if this is a problem.

munaaf
05-26-2008, 06:55 PM
ahh unlucky dunson. i see wot u mean by getting confused, u sound like u truly didn't know so i feel for you. if u knew then i would be like u deserved it but i guess u wasn't sure, in any case you should have asked staff about it.

good luck ni getting back again i hope you rectify ur mistake.

SenorBubbz
05-26-2008, 07:01 PM

Try the IRC again.

Made a post yesterday ;)

Really??
Guess I missed it =/

Swax
05-26-2008, 07:03 PM
...to upload to a smaller tracker that they don't like.

I personally don't know what site 'iTS' is, so I cannot comment on whether we "don't like" them or not.

I understand why SCT doesn't really like people using them as a source, but that should be in the rules properly. That reference to don't upload torrents to other trackers in the rules of all trackers is about the .torrent file, not the data I download from the seeder.

Hmm, admittedly in the Rules it doesn't mention "data", but it doesn't say ".torrent files"

Do NOT upload our torrents to other trackers! Stealing torrents will result in your account being DISABLED. (See the FAQ for details.)
Can I upload your torrents to other trackers?

No. We are a closed, limited-membership community.

If any SCT staff read this, please reconsider, we can have a nice discussion about this to clear it up like men, rather than a quick !kb in your support channel by some hasty mod as soon as I state the issue.

You were not !kb'd by a mod, but a member of our FLS.

On a side note...You were also using more than 4 different IPs simultaneously, when the limit is 3 IPs (as mentioned in bold in the FAQ).

In summary; there's no chance of you getting your account back, sorry.

monk3y
05-26-2008, 07:23 PM
Well dude you have passed the rules,

btw how did they find that it's you ? IP ?

Disme
05-26-2008, 07:29 PM
Very lame shite in here...shady rules...confused...this is just some kind of lame excuse.

Everybody knows you shouldn't go and post things (torrent or data or whatever ypu cab call it) from one tracker to another.

You don't deserve anything other than a ban. You know what you're doing and you know what you'd possibly face if it became 'public'. And the 4 IP-adresses thing seems a little fishy too.

Sorry for being so rude but ir is the truth.

Mister Moo
05-26-2008, 07:35 PM
Learn to follow rules, 3 IP limit per account is more than enough and is clearly stated in the rules.

sperm
05-26-2008, 07:53 PM
[quote=dunson;2840078]I understand why SCT doesn't really like people using them as a source, but that should be in the rules properly. That reference to don't upload torrents to other trackers in the rules of all trackers is about the .torrent file, not the data I download from the seeder.

Hmm, admittedly in the Rules it doesn't mention "data", but it doesn't say ".torrent files"

Do NOT upload our torrents to other trackers! Stealing torrents will result in your account being DISABLED. (See the FAQ for details.)
Can I upload your torrents to other trackers?

No. We are a closed, limited-membership community. Only registered users can use the ScT tracker. Posting our torrents on other trackers is useless, since most people who attempt to download them will be unable to connect with us. This generates a lot of frustration and bad-will against us at SceneTorrents, and will therefore not be tolerated.

Complaints from other sites' administrative staff about our torrents being posted on their sites will result in the banning of the users responsible.

though when you read the rule in full, it does mean the .torrent

very harsh :wacko:

sokrates
05-26-2008, 08:01 PM
w00t there is no Swax on the staff.php!
its quite lame to have this rule about not uploading content to other torrent sites, bc you stole the pirated stuff in the first place.. but as it is a rule you have to follow it or live with the consequences.. it is something different if the uploader himself wants his own stuff not to be uploaded somewhere else.. speaking of multiple ips i know someone who shares his acc with like 8 others lol..

SkyW
05-26-2008, 08:26 PM
I can understand if it was one of the packs that was uploaded somewhere else, or ScT exclusive uploads, that deserves a warning or a ban.

But if it was an ordinary scene release then it definitely doesnt deserve a ban

what was it btw?

Cabalo
05-26-2008, 08:51 PM
Well dude you have passed the rules,

btw how did they find that it's you ? IP ?
quite easy... they are members of the other tracker and just compared IPs from the seeder.

dunson
05-26-2008, 08:52 PM
Thanks for the reply Swax. Obviously, the context of the rule is important and I still feel that it is the .torrent that is covered by the rules. However, I admit that I should have seen and followed that 3 IP rule. The other rule I just misinterpreted. I apologize for breaking the rules.

But you must know that many releases are shared from site to site by people like myself who just want to help out. I'm sorry if I'm a bit of a noob and didn't realize how transparently small the world of torrent sites are, nor how competitive. I'm just about the filesharing movement and want to help out on iTS because I saw that they needed some help getting more of the general 0day stuff there quickly. I just want to see that grow, and realized that having access to SCT, a great tracker, gave me the ability to help spread the content.

I feel like a fool for posting this thread, but whatever. I've realized it wasn't worth it to begin with and the last few weeks that I did it, I was just having a bit of fun trying to help out. I've certainly learned to just go back to being a noob leecher.

colbert
05-26-2008, 08:58 PM
You did offer invites in the forum yesterday, but I'm unsure about the rule on this...
*** (Power User) at 2008-05-24 23:54:11
"If you are a good member here looking for a TDC invite, pm me."

http://www.*sitename*.org/forums_viewtopic.php?id=16430

predateur
05-26-2008, 08:59 PM
My account was disabled because I used SCT as a source of scene releases to upload to a smaller tracker that they don't like. After I got Jumper really fast this morning, I discovered I'd been banned 10 minutes later.

I understand why SCT doesn't really like people using them as a source, but that should be in the rules properly. That reference to don't upload torrents to other trackers in the rules of all trackers is about the .torrent file, not the data I download from the seeder. Whatever the case, I'm out of what is obviously the best big tracker around.

If any SCT staff read this, please reconsider, we can have a nice discussion about this to clear it up like men, rather than a quick !kb in your support channel by some hasty mod as soon as I state the issue. By work it out I mean, I can beg for a second chance and assure you I won't upload anything downloaded from SCT. But please clarify your Rules and FAQ if this is a problem.

too bad, they dont like sharing but they ofc like money lol
sct is not hard to get , just move on lol
continue sharing on other tracker by uploading and help them, its more better than respecting a non-respected staff

SgtMajor
05-26-2008, 09:01 PM
You did offer invites in the forum yesterday, but I'm unsure about the rule on this... ***** (Power User) at 2008-05-24 23:54:11
"If you are a good member here looking for a TDC invite, pm me."

Naughty, naughty, naughty.

dunson
05-26-2008, 09:04 PM
That quote is out of context.

Someone posted a thread asking about TheDVDClub and I responded saying that TDC was a nice compliment to SCT for the user rips, but that SCT had more than enough and then said "if you are a good member..." .

colbert
05-26-2008, 09:10 PM
True, but the absence of an invites section of the forum suggests that it is not allowed.

dunson
05-26-2008, 09:15 PM
That's very weak support for your argument, as I said, I've tried to follow the rules.

Obviously it is to no avail now, I would have closed this thread after my second post but I don't have the option it seems.

Glad you're all enjoying the show though. ;)

The Flying Cow
05-26-2008, 09:20 PM
Come on now, this isn't the thread to just bash dunson about everything, now that he made the one mistake.

TBH I spent the better part of 3 days reading ScT rules when I joined. And rules are rules. I may not agree with some, but it's not my place to rebel against them. I prize my membership there too much.

On the other hand, yeah it should all be about sharing...ScT exclusive packages are one thing, but just plain ohday is a bit silly..

I guess they prize their sources, and their speed, thus don't like other sites using theirs. Makes some sort of twisted sense.

dunson
05-26-2008, 09:26 PM
Thanks man, for the help with the original answer and for the support here...I've taken much, much worse than this though, so I'm not phased at all.

I think declaring some form of copyright is hypocritical, but who the fuck am I? I just saw all the shit uploaded everywhere else and figured it was ok to do with scene releases, thinking that is how it gets from site to site. I don't see how this really hurts SCT, but whatever it doesn't matter now. I'm just gonna chill out and won't be around FST much either now, guess I'm sort of sick of torrents after just getting really into them in the last few months, thinking it was a great movement and all about the love of sharing files.

SkyW
05-26-2008, 09:30 PM
IF it was a scene release how did they know you dloaded it from ScT ... you could have scene axx etc

SgtMajor
05-26-2008, 09:32 PM

Sorry to read that, seems a bit harsh where a warning could have been issued. We all cock up now & then, none of us is perfect.

If there is any way to fix this, let me know ok. He isn't a bad guy, but he could be a bit of a Nice Tim now & then ;)

The Flying Cow
05-26-2008, 09:40 PM
won't be around FST much either

Sad to hear that brother.

Today a good user was lost here.

Raban
05-27-2008, 12:03 AM
what site were you uploading the stuff to ?

Swax
05-27-2008, 02:09 AM

Sorry to read that, seems a bit harsh where a warning could have been issued. We all cock up now & then, none of us is perfect.

If there is any way to fix this, let me know ok. He isn't a bad guy, but he could be a bit of a Nice Tim now & then ;)

I see (http://newsimg.bbc.co.uk/media/images/39283000/jpg/_39283655_toffs_game_203.jpg) what you did there...

I don't believe it was merely 1 torrent he stole and uploaded to iTS, if I'm mistaken and it happened on only 1 occasion perhaps he could have got a warning. After multiple occasions though then a straightforward ban is usually implemented, otherwise we'd be giving everyone under the Sun second chances.

Either way he wasn't banned by me, but Mr Feeling himself, and seeing as he practically owns the site it would be very difficult to argue against his wishes.

Wi0
05-27-2008, 02:37 AM
The reason it's frowned upon to steal releases from ScT and upload on other trackers is because our uploaders use their own credits to bring you fast releases. These same credits bring you all the wonderful packs too. We are here for our userbase to bring you releases for your use not to be scene axx for other trackers. It's a simple rule, if you disagree then don't download releases from us - simple as that.

dunson
05-27-2008, 03:04 AM
Wow, I'm sorry guys. I just thought scene stuff was usually taken from SceneTorrents. I thought it was the access of all the lower sites. I didn't realize it was a no-no to take it from other sites. I just volunteered to upload at iTS to help out and thought that's what uploaders did. I really didn't know it was worthy of a ban. Maybe one day you'll accept me into your community again.

I feel like such a fool. :(

davidw89
05-27-2008, 06:01 AM
just a torrent site
not the end of the world
plenty of other stuff out there

J-dye
05-27-2008, 07:08 AM
this is lame
its not like SCT owns the original releases , so why the fuck should they care if you seedback what you download

jayz707
05-27-2008, 07:56 AM
man... this is bad. he was trying to SHARE... isn't that all of you are asking everybody to do in the first place? i hope this would end in a good way for him.

i feel for you bro. good luck!

and about "stealing"... the scene "steal it" from the people who make it and ScT "steal" it from the scene and he just "stole" it from ScT... big deal???

Disme
05-27-2008, 08:04 AM
man... this is bad. he was trying to SHARE... isn't that all of you are asking everybody to do in the first place? i hope this would end in a good way for him.

and about "stealing"... the scene "steal it" from the people who make it and ScT "steal" it from the scene and he just "stole" it from ScT... big deal???

ScT makes their own rules ... they have every right to do so ... if anyone doesn't like don't use it and let them delete your account.

It's just a question of respecting the community/tracker you join.

Anyway ... nuff said...move on everybody...nothing to see here.

:fst:

jayz707
05-27-2008, 11:32 AM

ScT makes their own rules ... they have every right to do so ... if anyone doesn't like don't use it and let them delete your account.

scene have it's rules too... but every site like ScT is breaking them like every day, again and again :)

slau
05-27-2008, 12:28 PM
Why didnt you read the rules when u sign-up?

SgtMajor
05-27-2008, 12:31 PM

I see (http://newsimg.bbc.co.uk/media/images/39283000/jpg/_39283655_toffs_game_203.jpg) what you did there...

I don't believe it was merely 1 torrent he stole and uploaded to iTS, if I'm mistaken and it happened on only 1 occasion perhaps he could have got a warning. After multiple occasions though then a straightforward ban is usually implemented, otherwise we'd be giving everyone under the Sun second chances.

Either way he wasn't banned by me, but Mr Feeling himself, and seeing as he practically owns the site it would be very difficult to argue against his wishes.

He only did what a few of us have previously done in a vain attempt to impress somewhere or other, knowledge comes with experience and we soon learn what a dick (Or a Nice Tim!!) we actually are in doing that.

ScT has been the source of many a new site, some sites even had scripts to auto download your torrents, mention no names but some RO ones spring to mind! :D Your name does imply it supplies torrents to the scene, especially to newbs.

Had he been slapped early on, then the offence wouldn't have been carried out on multiple occasions, indeed sometimes a public slapping gives out a warning to others not to carry out the same offence, however, it is your site's prerogative to perm ban anyone you wish to for whatever reason, but if Mr Feeling is ever feeling generous in his old age, then I would ask that this perm ban be turned into a perm warning instead. I know he has a heart of gold, he gave me back my invites I once lost many moons ago :) As I said, dunson isn't a bad chap, just a dunce son :)

Giallorosso
05-27-2008, 02:20 PM
talk to staff in irc
i hope u can get it back again

markupmaster
05-27-2008, 03:40 PM
Bud,We all make mistakes.

This stuff happens..

:(

You may not get your account back,but is that so bad?

If they did let you back in would you get the same treatment that you got before?

Everything will be ok..

:)

jayz707
05-27-2008, 03:46 PM

He only did what a few of us have previously done in a vain attempt to impress somewhere or other, knowledge comes with experience and we soon learn what a dick (Or a Nice Tim!!) we actually are in doing that.

ScT has been the source of many a new site, some sites even had scripts to auto download your torrents, mention no names but some RO ones spring to mind! :D Your name does imply it supplies torrents to the scene, especially to newbs.

Had he been slapped early on, then the offence wouldn't have been carried out on multiple occasions, indeed sometimes a public slapping gives out a warning to others not to carry out the same offence, however, it is your site's prerogative to perm ban anyone you wish to for whatever reason, but if Mr Feeling is ever feeling generous in his old age, then I would ask that this perm ban be turned into a perm warning instead. I know he has a heart of gold, he gave me back my invites I once lost many moons ago :) As I said, dunson isn't a bad chap, just a dunce son :)
+1:yup:

colombianino
05-27-2008, 04:22 PM
big deal, if i were you id be so dang happy, why sct when i have lovely its?!?. o and just so you know many people DO that, they just are a bit more discrete when uploading it to another tracker.

and as far as most rules in most trackers go: "do not upload OUR TORRENTS to other trackers/w.e." but it doesn't forbid you to up the content :P. sct does though, having exclusive scene access isn't to be shared out of sct (as they see it).

ps: take your time to read the rules, i always spent time reading rules. even if im not on that tracker :P cus one day i might be part of 'it"s"' :). -hopefully-

Wi0
05-27-2008, 05:52 PM

scene have it's rules too... but every site like ScT is breaking them like every day, again and again :)

EXACTLY, and if you're found supplying to P2P or in anyway affiliated with them you would be scene banned, purged from all sites, and all your info would be released to the world.

There are rules in place and when you don't follow or read them there are consiquences, it's as simple as that.

I'm glad you finally understand ;)

dunson
05-27-2008, 08:45 PM
I did try to follow the rules, I really mean that.

It was just that after I was on SCT, I noticed that all the movies there (including some very nice packs) tended to make their way down through the trackers. So, I thought that was like totally expected and that SCT was the source of most torrent sites.

I applied to be an Uploader shortly before that hoping to throw up some nice movies hot xvid releases and porn and some tv would be a better way to be an Uploader. I didn't try to match the pretimes or anything, I just downloaded new shit when I saw it uploaded then after it completed I'd upload it to iTS when I had a chance which was sometimes right after it finished, but I always seeded back well over 1:1 (I check a lot and jump on torrents faster than most people always which is why I moved them so fast sometimes).

Again, I'm truly sorry for my ignorance. If I had any idea that this was not acceptable, I would not have done this at all.

Nykon1969
05-27-2008, 08:55 PM
I think the whole thing is a bit funny. One person steals from one person thats ok, but if you steal from the thief thats bad...

jayz707
05-28-2008, 02:19 AM

EXACTLY, and if you're found supplying to P2P or in anyway affiliated with them you would be scene banned, purged from all sites, and all your info would be released to the world.

There are rules in place and when you don't follow or read them there are consiquences, it's as simple as that.

You are supposed to be in the P2P! why do you have to treat your fellow P2P'rs so badly! :frusty:
i think most of the people who read this thread will conclude that ScT is evil for what they did to this guy... and don't tell me that you don't know that ScT is been used as a source for MANY other trackers... this guy was too "innocent" to watch his back so he got caught. poor fellow. im sure he didn't have any intention of ripping you off...

high.treason
05-28-2008, 02:24 AM
Whatever reason your account got disabled ... I'm sure it was for good reason.

Enlightened
05-28-2008, 03:07 AM
Whatever reason your account got disabled ... I'm sure it was for good reason.

Probably, the whole of the entire Invite tree for SCT......if that is he invited others....

phrenzy
05-28-2008, 04:52 AM

So the moral of your story is don't get caught doing it then...... :frusty:

jayz707
05-28-2008, 05:51 AM

:D too bad this guy was not doing it intentionally.... if he was he would have looked after his sorry ***.

ISashaI
05-29-2008, 10:47 AM
Yes, too bad for him....

:D too bad this guy was not doing it intentionally.... if he was he would have looked after his sorry ***.