PDA

View Full Version : Requirements for FTN

bladesharp
05-27-2008, 04:42 AM
How to get qualified for an FTN invite for a member here
-----------------------------------------------------

Curios, have seen many people asking here and not sure they all succeeded.

Is it like

1.High rep points with a lot of posts?
2.The overall member status.
3.lady Luck
4.Fate ...!!

Or is there anything else i missed ..

C-mos
05-27-2008, 04:45 AM
fate

they will find you ;)

The Wanderer
05-27-2008, 05:11 AM
You don't have to qualify to be a member of a tracker. It's not like you qualify for a job or to get some higher education.

You (generally speaking) try your best (by trading, cheating, scamming, being good member, having friends, kissing some asses) to be member of a tracker.

DKre8ive1
05-27-2008, 05:32 AM
You (generally speaking) try your best (by trading, cheating, scamming, being good member, having friends, kissing some asses) to be member of a tracker.

I cant see how cheating will get you on a tracker and I think that would get you globally banned if you get caught in the wrong tracker and instead you could end up losing more then just the tracker you cheated on.

The Wanderer
05-27-2008, 06:02 AM
Sorry, I could've been more specific...

I meant cheating the trust of a person who'd invite you on a tracker on good faith, not knowing your previous BT history.

I cant see how cheating will get you on a tracker and I think that would get you globally banned if you get caught in the wrong tracker and instead you could end up losing more then just the tracker you cheated on.

bladesharp
05-27-2008, 06:11 AM
Sorry, I could've been more specific...

I meant cheating the trust of a person who'd invite you on a tracker on good faith, not knowing your previous BT history.

but will that be applicable to FTN !! considering the difficulty..

am still i stick to the term "qualify" because what we have mentioned above seems not applicable to FTN ..

Still i believe there will be some specific "requirement" as far as the staffs concerned ...!!

The Wanderer
05-27-2008, 07:15 AM
Well believe it or not, there are people who build "reputation" (when everything else fails) only to gain access to high level trackers. ;)

but will that be applicable to FTN !! considering the difficulty..

Disme
05-27-2008, 08:07 AM
The fact that you post this question implies you do not 'qualify' :P

IP.00
05-27-2008, 08:38 AM
You can get FTN from your friend..

bladesharp
05-27-2008, 09:00 AM
The fact that you post this question implies you do not 'qualify' :P

Yes , So trying to understand the constraints :D

Detale
05-27-2008, 09:53 AM
Just so there are no misconceptions. There is NO official way to get in, but your best bet is to be a good member here and make some friends that will be able to help you out. Also you could wait for one of Brandon's many giveaways DO NOT PM HIM.

Also people with 5 posts should not make dumb jokes about paying for invites, that is not allowed here and shouldn't be allowed anywhere

maverick_andy
05-27-2008, 11:08 AM
Just so there are no misconceptions. There is NO official way to get in, but your best bet is to be a good member here and make some friends that will be able to help you out. Also you could wait for one of Brandon's many giveaways DO NOT PM HIM.

Also people with 5 posts should not make dumb jokes about paying for invites, that is not allowed here and shouldn't be allowed anywhere
+1:yup: and LadyLuck:happy:

bladesharp
05-27-2008, 11:22 AM
So that comes back to - "reps" again

so will conclude to reps ... i think its directly proportional to "good member"

markupmaster
05-27-2008, 03:56 PM
1.Make friends.
2.Be active in as many places you can. This is just one of the many reasons why you don't accept a tracker for it's rarity. You probably won't have time to use it.
3.Don't Trade of course..
4.Be helpful and give opinions and advice to other members.
5.Keep your ratio's..

:D

That's a few quick ways..

:)

fOrUmAs
05-27-2008, 04:08 PM

Is it like

3.lady Luck
4.Fate ...!!

u need to know good friends for that one,if u good enough maybe someone will see and offer u invite..

for sure high rep and post dont have anything to do with getting invite for ftn or anyother site

be good help people and some day hope to get one

colombianino
05-27-2008, 04:25 PM
you can get it if you want, you just have to prove that you won't be just another simple member in another simple torrent in this simple world ;)

Night0wl
05-27-2008, 05:13 PM

Is it like

3.lady Luck
4.Fate ...!!

Most active in BitTorrent instead of BitTorrent Invites section is already a good thing ;)

Rep points here will rather make sure that you don't get it, since they mean that either you are throwing invites left and right or you trade.

Lady luck is a good companion and fate.. hmm if you were meant to be there it plays a part :P

Help people out and be social. The best users are those that will help/invite/etc. someone without expecting a rep point in return.

Tokeman
05-27-2008, 05:44 PM
Easiest way (probably already mentioned) is to be a good active member on the TRACKERS you already have. Chances are better you will recieve an invite through a tracker then through a trading forum. Not to say it won't happen here, but look at the amount of requests...

As for the above poster, even the (few) torrents with 1-2 seeders have good speeds that I've found... Having a smaller (more secure IMO) site will always result in fewer peers. DUH, theres not as many people!

colbert
05-27-2008, 08:15 PM
You need a Master's Degree in Torrenting to gain access to FTN :P

SgtMajor
05-27-2008, 08:29 PM

Just spam every thread agreeing with whatever the thread is about. People will remember you then.

Failing that get into a a good tracker with a good & active forum/IRC and get to know good people who you can eventually call a friend, and very soon you will get everything and anything you will ever need by either being offered it or by making it known you are looking for something.

Nykon1969
05-27-2008, 08:33 PM
I don't understand the sheet talking about trackers. To each there own. Is it a site I want yeah, and I have seen that the best way that you get into any site is to just be helpful to others. All trackers pretty much seem to be a karma field. Do good unto others and it will be replied back to you....

Everyone starts small and eventually gets to where they are happy.

That1Guy
05-27-2008, 08:42 PM
Be active on the trackers you have (forums and irc), make friends (dont just kiss ass...unless you are really good at it), and SEED. Once you meet someone that is in loop, invites come easy.

I made a ftn request a while back and had 2 people offer me invites because they recognized the avatar i was using. (I was using my tracker avatar here, but my name here isnt the same as my trackers)

Edit: Requesting probably isnt the answer for most. I did it knowing I would be recognized. I didnt want to just come out and ask my friends and I figured I (or my avatar) would be recognized.

DanielleD87
05-27-2008, 09:14 PM
being part of a torrent community is like friends in real life. lets say there is a group of people who do a lot of fun events you want to hang out with. how do you get invited to their group events and acknowledged by them?
There are many ways. You could:
1) do something that catches some ones eyes in that community like having a gigabit seedbox, or some knowledge that makes you stand out.
2) be nice and make a friend. the easiest way to get accepted into a group is just by making friends with 1 person. that one person can invite you to a group event and introduce you to everyone else.
3) to fit in with a community you have to fit in. this includes having the same interests, morals, and so on. in other words 0 bt rep here is better than 100 bt rep. people don't like traders or people who invite random people they don't know. bt rep is very anti higher level sites.
4) be active in communities that people in the community you want to be part of hang out at a lot. me personally, i am on revolt, rabbit, fsc(not so much these days), and ftn mainly when I chat on the forums or IRC to talk with people. i rarely stray away on to other sites. find what sights ftn members are on a lot and aim to get to know them through that tracker.
5) look good. have a good ratio on sites, have a lot of solid informative and not +1 posts. look like a decent person in general.

i can go on. torrent sites are nothing but private communities and the rules are the same when it comes to all private communities bit torrent or not.

hopefully i've helped.

Night0wl
05-27-2008, 11:29 PM
One more thing. Be yourself and not what you think everyone wants you to be. If not, you end up looking like a kiss ass and probably won't get anywhere.

Another good reason for being yourself is that you will actually like it once you get there, because of this same reason. Even if yourself is obnoxious, arrogant etc. at least you will be respected like an original instead of someone trying to be like everyone else.

I see far too much ass kissing here.

lostdemon
05-28-2008, 01:30 AM
If there is another thread to make Brandon laugh and you get lucky and actually do make him laugh you may be able to get in.

bladesharp
05-28-2008, 04:10 AM
After going tru all these replies. Only one point gets highlited.."MAKE FRIENDS".
Yes very much correct and was able to into few trackers and seedboxes considering only that factor- isnt it obselete when we consider a tracker like FTN !!.
I mean for a tracker in which only admins or mods can invite !
And the second one "be helpful" - Yes .. again i ask the same , how thsi will work for high level trackers !!.. Basically we have soem help requests .. most of them much easy ... Doest mean a person on highlevel tracker need help.. but are the chances are very rare?
And the thrid one .. having good ratio on other trackers.. How can he/she publicaly expose this until and unless he go with a request? wre u have a very less chance .
And like sgt told - "Spammign everythread will make u famous"- so the luck factor comes here .
i can say "YES" st away for soem other trackers- considering above all... but FTN !!!

jam0980tr
05-28-2008, 12:09 PM
bunny's part 1 thats how i become bit famous on few trackers and now that name do stand out ;)
if you know my tracker name you know am 1 crazy uploader lmfao

well ftn stoped invites atm only staff can give invites out ;) so make staff friends they can get you into the tracker :D

pimpmypanda
05-28-2008, 12:38 PM
you have to be retarded.

bladesharp
05-28-2008, 03:03 PM
well ftn stoped invites atm only staff can give invites out ;) so make staff friends they can get you into the tracker :D

Is that sound little funny :D.. am not sure about the possibility :D

Mister Moo
05-28-2008, 03:21 PM
Write I Heart FTN on your girlfriends tits, then send that pic to me and Brandon. Only way to get in. (only consider doing this if your g/f is hot)

SgtMajor
05-28-2008, 03:48 PM
Write I Heart FTN on your girlfriends tits, then send that pic to me and Brandon. Only way to get in. (only consider doing this if your g/f is hot)

I would have disqualified LadyBoys, but who knows, they may be your thing? :P

bladesharp
05-28-2008, 04:02 PM

I would have disqualified LadyBoys, but who knows, they may be your thing? :P

affecting reputation !!!

DanielleD87
05-29-2008, 05:42 AM
and if i catch you doing that I'll beat the shit out of you :innocent:

(oh and btw if you can't tell i'm kidding :rolleyes:)

Polarbear
05-29-2008, 09:43 AM
me personally, i am on revolt, rabbit, fsc(not so much these days), and ftn mainly when I chat on the forums or IRC to talk with people.

:wave:

danio
05-29-2008, 10:25 AM
Users still get the opportunity every now and then to receive invites at ftn. This means that all the stuff previous posters said about getting to know people (preferably on other trackers) gives you a better chance to get into ftn than anything else. As long as you have the patience to wait until your friends can obtain the invite for you and not demanding to join instantly. If you do, then you are both 'disqualified' and would have only one option which is trading for an account (and we all know what happens to people that goes down that road :P).

I myself got very lucky regarding ftn and had success with my request thread here at FST. But from what i understand, that is kind of rare. However, since that, I've been active in the irc channels of a few "community-based" trackers, which have given me opportunities to join other "top-level" trackers.

The bottom line is: From my experience, the easiest way to get invites is to enjoy the communities you are already a part of rather than hunting others. Then opportunities will find you instead of the other way around.

DanielleD87
05-30-2008, 07:07 PM
me personally, i am on revolt, rabbit, fsc(not so much these days), and ftn mainly when I chat on the forums or IRC to talk with people.

:wave:
hi!! ^_^
you never got back to my pm on revolt. what gives? i was planning on actually chatting. *shrugs* whatever.

th0r
06-03-2008, 06:57 AM
can i chat with you?

/me takes off pants

pm me when you are ready to go

bladesharp
06-03-2008, 07:20 AM
Oops seems like i need to review the "requirement" once again :D

bblogs
06-03-2008, 07:28 AM
Buy an invite.

sokrates
06-03-2008, 07:48 AM
buying and selling invites is not permitted here, so i dont think its ok to encourage people to do so..
besides anybody caught selling them will be dealt with (not only loosing one tracker..)
i wouldnt recommend anyone to pay someone for invites.. there are enough trackers out there.. really ;)

bladesharp
06-03-2008, 11:34 AM
Buy an invite.

Not possible.. btw i dont think as a good idea.

Scorpio223
06-03-2008, 01:17 PM
there are not many people who have ftn invites...

bladesharp
06-04-2008, 06:59 AM
btw i see at an average 1 req per day to FTN ,are all those getting fulfilled? !!

DKre8ive1
06-04-2008, 07:27 AM
btw i see at an average 1 req per day to FTN ,are all those getting fulfilled? !!

Nope

forthat
06-04-2008, 08:35 AM
i think user might got his answer....:whistling

bladesharp
06-04-2008, 08:52 AM
Conclusion - Requirements for getting an FTN invite for a member here.
------------
FTN invites are tough to get but not that much rare.
Higher BT reps may have added advantage but not confirmign an invite.
Making friends to many actually narrow down the path but still chances are 50-50.
Cannot buy an invite to FTN.
People here actually increasing thier reps just only to "request" an invite - not all
Almost 20~30% of the requests happenign here gettign filled ,so extreme shortlisting happening.

Hope i am not wrong

*Please help to bin this thread as we have reached conclusion :D

F.B.I
06-04-2008, 01:38 PM
" Higher BT reps may have added advantage but not confirmign an invite."

Wrong, wrong, wrong! Reputations Points mean nothing for the ones who have invites to give, or let's see...

If you have a lot of reps or you are a trader or you just giveaway a lot of invites.

The first option, trader, well you have no chance to get an FTN invite for free.

The second one, giveaway, you have 10% chances to get an invite, since giveaways are not allowed in the tracker, they will assume that when you get an FTN invite you will giveaway it to as you did with your invites in the past.

So just be active and helpfull in the trackers, not here... :whistling

Nemrod
06-04-2008, 03:15 PM
First: be you. Let others know how you really are.
If you are a good person and a good user, people notice that and youīll get whatever you want.
Keyword: patience.

You have to be very cautious, what for X guy can be something good , for other one can be bad. For example, give aways are a very good thing for most users, but to others look like you are an irresponsible guy. Almost every respected site forbids give aways, if you do them, you are breaking the rules, you are not a good candidate for very very closed sites.

When we talk about top sites people are very strict and demanding with their invites, nobody knows how hard was for him to get in there and it wouldnīt be nice to jeopardize the account for inviting a bad user, or just somebody that wanted the site for its level and then he realizes that he does not like the site or canīt keep the requirements.

Of course, if you donīt do anything you wonīt get anything. Help people as much as you can, sometimes an honest advice, a really concern and help with an userīs issue can make miracles. Whatever you do, do it without expecting something in change, but the thanks. And when you have an invite, give it to somebody youīve previously studied and checked deeply, and better in private.

RP, in my opinion are like a knife to your own throat. A considerable amount of them are an insurance against getting top sites.

About trading, well, free will, do what you want and deal with the consequences, bad or good.

I must disagree with those that say that FST is not a good place to get those sites, Iīve been here for 7/8 months and I got more than I wanted. FST is like a big city, there are good people, bad people, authorities, recruiters, peasants, tourists, roving people, very wise men, donkeys dressed like persons, and every kind of people. You can get a degree in whatever you want here. Just choose your teachers, your mates, and what you like and feel more comfortable with.
And my last advice: donīt be anti-something except cheaters, sellers and scammers.

ISashaI
06-04-2008, 07:07 PM
Very smart conclusion and advice and yes you must try to help as much users you can :), but you forgot to mention that you must have luck too because to join in a tracker like FTN you must have luck and to find a very good user who want to help :)

First: be you. Let others know how you really are.
If you are a good person and a good user, people notice that and youīll get whatever you want.
Keyword: patience.

You have to be very cautious, what for X guy can be something good , for other one can be bad. For example, give aways are a very good thing for most users, but to others look like you are an irresponsible guy. Almost every respected site forbids give aways, if you do them, you are breaking the rules, you are not a good candidate for very very closed sites.

When we talk about top sites people are very strict and demanding with their invites, nobody knows how hard was for him to get in there and it wouldnīt be nice to jeopardize the account for inviting a bad user, or just somebody that wanted the site for its level and then he realizes that he does not like the site or canīt keep the requirements.

Of course, if you donīt do anything you wonīt get anything. Help people as much as you can, sometimes an honest advice, a really concern and help with an userīs issue can make miracles. Whatever you do, do it without expecting something in change, but the thanks. And when you have an invite, give it to somebody youīve previously studied and checked deeply, and better in private.

RP, in my opinion are like a knife to your own throat. A considerable amount of them are an insurance against getting top sites.

About trading, well, free will, do what you want and deal with the consequences, bad or good.

I must disagree with those that say that FST is not a good place to get those sites, Iīve been here for 7/8 months and I got more than I wanted. FST is like a big city, there are good people, bad people, authorities, recruiters, peasants, tourists, roving people, very wise men, donkeys dressed like persons, and every kind of people. You can get a degree in whatever you want here. Just choose your teachers, your mates, and what you like and feel more comfortable with.
And my last advice: donīt be anti-something except cheaters, sellers and scammers.

Nemrod
06-05-2008, 12:46 AM
Very smart conclusion and advice and yes you must try to help as much users you can :), but you forgot to mention that you must have luck too because to join in a tracker like FTN you must have luck and to find a very good user who want to help :)

Thanks, mate. ;)

But I believe, deeply, that you, with your actions... wise moves and mistakes, bad and good things make luck come to you or run away.
Luck is there, free for everybody, but luck likes to be called in the appropriate way.

bladesharp
06-05-2008, 03:44 AM
Why i added the "reps" thing into thsi !!.. i see only people having 25+ reps requesting for an invite ... :(

DanielleD87
06-05-2008, 04:49 AM
reps are there to determine what type of person one is. it allows for a history so others can see what that person is like which aids towards obtaining an invite or not.

monk3y
06-05-2008, 01:33 PM
this is some ludachris thread.

bblogs
06-05-2008, 02:15 PM
buying and selling invites is not permitted here, so i dont think its ok to encourage people to do so..

Just following previous advice:

One more thing. Be yourself and not what you think everyone wants you to be. If not, you end up looking like a kiss ass and probably won't get anywhere.

Where's my FTN invite?? :lol:

SliDer5
06-05-2008, 02:43 PM
I think, fate with the sister of luck

BOOM
06-05-2008, 04:31 PM
For get FTN you need first to be approved on Brandon`s super secret test :naughty:

sear
06-05-2008, 04:46 PM
this is some ludachris thread.

it's about a rapper :unsure:

http://i73.photobucket.com/albums/i212/searsta/teeth.gif

actually to get FTN as has been said before you just need to make friends it's that simple.

metanaboll112
06-05-2008, 04:50 PM
i think that u should trade for it :P

yakz091
06-05-2008, 05:18 PM
guys making friends on fst is not easy as the seniors know juniors make friends to get invites.
i am not successful here to make any friends either for invites or for just friends

whiteboy
06-05-2008, 08:34 PM

Just spam every thread agreeing with whatever the thread is about. People will remember you then.

Failing that get into a a good tracker with a good & active forum/IRC and get to know good people who you can eventually call a friend, and very soon you will get everything and anything you will ever need by either being offered it or by making it known you are looking for something.
end of thread/

sear
06-05-2008, 10:46 PM
guys making friends on fst is not easy as the seniors know juniors make friends to get invites.
i am not successful here to make any friends either for invites or for just friends

Actually if you want to make friends try the trackers you're already on :P

SgtMajor
06-05-2008, 11:22 PM

Actually if you want to make friends try the trackers you're already on :P

<holds out arms in a pleading manner> Will you be my friend? (Note: I did not say boyfriend, Detale has that sown up!)

sear
06-05-2008, 11:29 PM
only if you promise me invites :|

SgtMajor
06-05-2008, 11:34 PM
/checks back pocket for spare invites, nope, sorry, all gone.

Let me go & scan ebay, they normally have one or two spare ones! :P

<another friendless night looms ahead>

danio
06-06-2008, 12:33 AM
/checks back pocket for spare invites, nope, sorry, all gone.

Let me go & scan ebay, they normally have one or two spare ones! :P

<another friendless night looms ahead>

poor sgtmajor :( i can be your friend for free. special offer for this night only! :P

Horatiu
06-06-2008, 01:43 AM
Just don't start a thread like this douche (http://filesharingtalk.com/vb3/f-bittorrent-43/t-friend-298238) over here :dry:

DanielleD87
06-06-2008, 07:05 AM
SgtMajor you know you want to be my friend ;)

nthpeter
06-06-2008, 06:05 PM
You need to find the ppl who can help you, and then you have to kiss ass...
I cant see other options :(

wiseD
06-07-2008, 12:55 PM
Friends invite you. Unless you're a trader, you won't invite someone just because they have amazing rep and loads and loads of uber high level giveaways. You've gotta know and trust the person - after all, an invite is a symbol of trust as you're placing your own account on the line to help them. They cheat, you're banned...

th0r
06-08-2008, 01:08 AM
i don't have any bt friends :(

DanielleD87
06-08-2008, 05:59 AM
awww th0r :console:
you can be my friend :cool:

bladesharp
06-09-2008, 05:05 AM
i don't have any bt friends :(

me too :( :(

th0r
06-09-2008, 05:55 AM
gripe about your lack of friends somewhere else, this is my gripe thread

SgtMajor
06-09-2008, 01:43 PM
/me squeezes in between th0r & DanielleD87, I be your new bestest friend??

InXS
06-09-2008, 09:48 PM
You dont find FTN they find you woah........

cachorro96
06-10-2008, 01:46 AM
:blink:

SgtMajor
06-10-2008, 01:56 AM

Thank you for bringing such quality posts to the table, I look forward to some more from you.

bladesharp
06-10-2008, 03:44 AM

Thank you for bringing such quality posts to the table, I look forward to some more from you.

He may be trying to express FTN or friendship cannot be obtained by blinking like that or may be trying to mention an orthodox way , much appreciated

1000possibleclaws
06-10-2008, 04:06 AM

He may be trying to express FTN or friendship cannot be obtained by blinking like that or may be trying to mention an orthodox way , much appreciated

pff half of his posts so far are emoticons

tjbzonasul
06-10-2008, 04:31 AM
TSOL, my friend...
Half of your albuns are very good... the other half are - in my view - bad taste.
But, oh well, we all get along...
Maybe he canīt type proper

th0r
06-10-2008, 06:29 AM
or maybe cachorro96 can be that member that saves the day with an inspiring and underlyingly humorous emoticon!

baiyanqiu
06-10-2008, 10:00 AM
who is lucky boy?

bladesharp
06-10-2008, 11:00 AM
or maybe cachorro96 can be that member that saves the day with an inspiring and underlyingly humorous emoticon!

yes, always attitude and only attitude matters

ConkiZz
06-11-2008, 04:50 PM
Seems to be VERY difficult to get into FTN... just wishing for a invite..

sanjana
06-12-2008, 07:08 AM
Most of the time FTN will find you and you don't have to ask...

If you are good member and if you have the reputation with other members they will definitely consider...

tnt
06-12-2008, 07:45 AM

sorry iam a noob at all this torrent shit and i have a question
how ftn will find you if you dont ask,do they know where you live,phone?

lostdemon
06-12-2008, 07:55 AM
@tnt
If you really are a NOOB as you say then there are plenty other great sites aside from FTN that are easily obtainable like torrentleech, revtt, demonoid even. FTN is a highly sought after sight by many members here and you being a noob it shouldn't be one of the sites to join at the top of your list right now as it may take some time to get.

But to answer your question, what sanjana means about they will find you is if your a good member here or any other community with useful information to share and are willing to help others then your actions will be noticed. You may make some friends that are probably members of FTN or other great sites that may invite you if you to them if you seem worthy of their trust.

bladesharp
06-12-2008, 08:23 AM

sorry iam a noob at all this torrent shit and i have a question
how ftn will find you if you dont ask,do they know where you live,phone?

I suggest u to spend some time reading few posts/threads :)

wazza100
06-12-2008, 09:13 AM
you'll get the ftn invite when you are a ball and there's a dog.

Using the dog as a metaphor to represent the ftn invitee if the dog never stops hounding you until you give up and stay still and allow the dog to play with you means you are worthy. Hence you've got the invite.

I was bored so thought I'd add my 2cents to this thread don't expect me to pay up though :dabs:.

ConkiZz
06-12-2008, 04:17 PM
U guys says that FTN finds u. Is it the admins who are around in forums and find new members?

Tokeman
06-12-2008, 04:40 PM
Sometimes, but mostly its users with invites. Problem is, most of those users with invites will probably look to friends before inviting a complete stranger.
Its not impossible though, I was asked to join a site recently (not ftn) that I did not request. Just got a pm asking if I wanted an invite, how nice is that.

Mister Moo
06-12-2008, 05:08 PM
suck my dick and your in

SgtMajor
06-12-2008, 06:10 PM
suck my dick and your in

Well that's you sorted for a whole year then, and a new face every day guaranteed if you wish, there's definitely plenty of cock suckers round here.

conopida
06-27-2008, 02:10 PM
suck my dick and your in
You suck!
:P

bilkenter
06-27-2008, 02:17 PM

yeah he is right about it, but i cant stand such an approach... it is like lying to your own face... anyway, when someone told me that he would ask his friend bla bla, well it kinda is freaking why? you start questioning yourself whether you are worthy or not, i am definitely not worthy for ftn even though i would luv to be a member of ftn. I know it is kinda illogical but it is the same with cigarette, people know that it is detrimental but still they smoke it... i know i am not worthy but i still want it ... kinda freaking actually

SgtMajor
06-27-2008, 02:22 PM

yeah he is right about it, but i cant stand such an approach... it is like lying to your own face... anyway, when someone told me that he would ask his friend bla bla, well it kinda is freaking why? you start questioning yourself whether you are worthy or not, i am definitely not worthy for ftn even though i would luv to be a member of ftn. I know it is kinda illogical but it is the same with cigarette, people know that it is detrimental but still they smoke it... i know i am not worthy but i still want it ... kinda freaking actually

When you have been around here for 12 months, I hope you go back & re-read all your newby posts, I'm sure you will laugh at what you are posting just as we are laughing now.

bilkenter
06-27-2008, 02:28 PM
well dude dont we all laugh at what we did 1 year ago or 2 years for that matter? Also, i really appreciate you are talking for all people here :)

Ali-g
06-27-2008, 02:35 PM
Too theoretical.
Practical ---> The most asses u kiss the most ur chances are to get in.

bilkenter
06-27-2008, 02:37 PM
not my type sorry, cant kiss someones ass omg gross, if someone needs to kiss someones ass to get in to ftn, then it definitely sucks, but i dont think this is the case, since i have lots of friends and i havent heard anything bad from them, and neither of them are the type to kiss some ass oh it is freaking gross

fOrUmAs
06-27-2008, 03:50 PM
suck my dick and your in

I think u will need to do more than just suck lollll:lol: JK

bladesharp
06-27-2008, 05:21 PM
suck my dick and your in

in where :D :D :D

integral
06-27-2008, 05:22 PM
I agree with Sgt. I think making a ton of friends (or just a few important ones maybe? :P) is most crucial to getting into a lot of the more selective trackers. Unless you want to resort to buying/trading :dry:... But as you all should know that never really gets you anywhere.

SgtMajor
06-27-2008, 06:48 PM
suck my dick and your in

Pick up that soap and I'm sure he will let you know exactly where.

Ali-g
06-27-2008, 08:29 PM

Pick up that soap and I'm sure he will let you know exactly where.

Hahahahahah, Uve got that too in ur country. I thought it was a home-made
of my country... Anyway SGT Major be careful... Uve surely been in the army being a major:whistling

bladesharp
07-04-2008, 05:57 AM
Update : server changed requirements remain same :)

MaaxHimself
07-04-2008, 06:20 AM
Just hack the site and you're in

1000possibleclaws
07-04-2008, 07:01 AM
I agree with Sgt. I think making a ton of friends (or just a few important ones maybe? :P) is most crucial to getting into a lot of the more selective trackers. Unless you want to resort to buying/trading :dry:... But as you all should know that never really gets you anywhere.

I hate how you refer to 'friends' as being a tool to get into trackers and the ones with the invites as being most important. The 'important' people are usually not too stupid, seeing as they've gotten there already and they won't fall for people sucking up to them bullshit.

If you make a good public image of yourself then the trackers you want will come in due course. Being a great torrenter and looking like an asset to a site would help as well. Real friends will probably help you out along the way but you should never count on or expect anything from their friendship (which is what makes them a friend in the first place). Friends are people you have gotten to know over time, maybe through many irc discussions or an active shoutbox or forum. If you don't know their personality or vice versa then you probably don't know each other enough to fit under your supposed definition of a friend. At least from my perspective that's how I see it.

Swift
07-04-2008, 07:45 AM
the tracker comes to you not the other way around :D

buggyfresh
07-04-2008, 02:24 PM

guess that's why it's a tracker :whistling

*me leaves after one bad joke for the week*

ELLOL
07-04-2008, 03:10 PM
i think it is by luck and it is so hard to get it

bladesharp
07-04-2008, 03:15 PM

guess that's why it's a tracker :whistling

*me leaves after one bad joke for the week*

LOL yes :) u got it

yakz091
07-09-2008, 05:57 AM
i dont agree with that, atleast for me.

fate

they will find you ;)

integral
07-09-2008, 06:28 AM

I hate how you refer to 'friends' as being a tool to get into trackers and the ones with the invites as being most important. The 'important' people are usually not too stupid, seeing as they've gotten there already and they won't fall for people sucking up to them bullshit.

If you make a good public image of yourself then the trackers you want will come in due course. Being a great torrenter and looking like an asset to a site would help as well. Real friends will probably help you out along the way but you should never count on or expect anything from their friendship (which is what makes them a friend in the first place). Friends are people you have gotten to know over time, maybe through many irc discussions or an active shoutbox or forum. If you don't know their personality or vice versa then you probably don't know each other enough to fit under your supposed definition of a friend. At least from my perspective that's how I see it.

I never referred to friends as tools, nor did I give a definition for them. Nice try though ;)

What do you get by making a good public image of yourself? People will notice you and try talking to you, getting to know you. You'll get to know them, as well. I've come to know this as befriending people.

Now it's one thing if you come here and just try to befriend people in high places to improve your chances to get into a tracker; I think you'll agree with my thinking that it's wrong. But realistically, the more friends you have, the more help you'll have into getting into a tracker you want to get into. Some people say, it's not what you know, it's who you know, and honestly that's how most things work in the real world; connections. It's social networking, and it's an inevitable truth.

Now I'll say again, it's not good if you try to weasel your way into a tracker by trying to become friends with "high ranking" people. But most people, myself included, come to forums to socialize with people, and perhaps make acquaintances, or even friends. And if you have an honest mentality about it, there's nothing wrong with befriending people on forums.

maverick_andy
07-09-2008, 04:26 PM
yep you missed main 1 point

that is making long lasting friends:)

BTW if you are thriving for FTN and making friends for that then it won't help.:noes:, Best thing is to get @ FTN is let it be now matter how much time it take till then enjoy your journey of making friends in FST:fst: and continue till you END:ermm: I mean you know:D

bladesharp
07-25-2008, 05:24 PM
update : Seems like invites are out :D now

mafija
07-25-2008, 05:27 PM
Madness is start.But i dont understand why FTN members ring a bell that they got a invites,or maybe FTN staff want this advertisment.

invitehuntah
07-25-2008, 06:01 PM
This Is Madness!!

Elecktricity
07-25-2008, 06:11 PM
being part of a torrent community is like friends in real life. lets say there is a group of people who do a lot of fun events you want to hang out with. how do you get invited to their group events and acknowledged by them?
There are many ways. You could:
1) do something that catches some ones eyes in that community like having a gigabit seedbox, or some knowledge that makes you stand out.
2) be nice and make a friend. the easiest way to get accepted into a group is just by making friends with 1 person. that one person can invite you to a group event and introduce you to everyone else.
3) to fit in with a community you have to fit in. this includes having the same interests, morals, and so on. in other words 0 bt rep here is better than 100 bt rep. people don't like traders or people who invite random people they don't know. bt rep is very anti higher level sites.
4) be active in communities that people in the community you want to be part of hang out at a lot. me personally, i am on revolt, rabbit, fsc(not so much these days), and ftn mainly when I chat on the forums or IRC to talk with people. i rarely stray away on to other sites. find what sights ftn members are on a lot and aim to get to know them through that tracker.
5) look good. have a good ratio on sites, have a lot of solid informative and not +1 posts. look like a decent person in general.

i can go on. torrent sites are nothing but private communities and the rules are the same when it comes to all private communities bit torrent or not.

hopefully i've helped.

Hey I wish I would have read this before I made my topics ... Thanks for the useful info Danielle :happy:

bilkenter
07-26-2008, 06:30 AM

BTW if you are thriving for FTN and making friends for that then it won't help.:noes:, Best thing is to get @ FTN is let it be now matter how much time it take till then enjoy your journey of making friends in FST:fst: and continue till you END:ermm: I mean you know:D

Oh missed ya buddy :D btw he is right, have friends that will visit your country stay in your house etc... You get offers like ftn pretty easy... It is really an easy tracker to get into if u have real friends...Actually Nb Swedvd ftn tt are really easy to get... Even i got in thanks to Skizo who banned me from here, I kinda have anything i wanted and even more

Era
07-26-2008, 07:22 AM

Oh missed ya buddy :D btw he is right, have friends that will visit your country stay in your house etc... You get offers like ftn pretty easy... It is really an easy tracker to get into if u have real friends...Actually Nb Swedvd ftn tt are really easy to get... Even i got in thanks to Skizo who banned me from here, I kinda have anything i wanted and even more

why were u banned?

bilkenter
07-26-2008, 07:25 AM

why were u banned?

kinda long story but was definitely majoritarian nothing more... Anyway wont hang out here more from now on...Even though i got anything i wished for, i still luv this forum but getting banned for telling the truth sucks... So wont be as active as i was not because i got what i wanted but because of this majoritarian attitude people take here...It is a long story mate gonna pm ya details

goodboss
07-26-2008, 07:33 AM
i have just one of this requirements :

4. Fate :P

don't belive me :D

Funkin'
07-26-2008, 07:48 AM
why were u banned?

kinda long story but was definitely majoritarian nothing more... Anyway wont hang out here more from now on...Even though i got anything i wished for, i still luv this forum but getting banned for telling the truth sucks... So wont be as active as i was not because i got what i wanted but because of this majoritarian attitude people take here...It is a long story mate gonna pm ya details

But you just get unbanned anyways. So who cares. Hang out.

bilkenter
07-26-2008, 08:04 AM
Yeah you are right, but wont stick here much longer, thanks to skizo i found a better place where there is no cencorship and etc... Anyway it is a matter of preference after all... If they were right about banning me, i wouldnt even bother posting anyway i would admit my punishment and move on, but they are not, at least this is what i believe, some people told me that mod is probably having a bad day or such... Anyway i will get to know people, wont be active if they need anything, i am capable of providing anything they want now though i have some friends to whom i will help first, but if ou need anything funky just let me know, will help ya with all i can :) Also this whole bittorrent system is wrong in my opinion, rather than giving invites to a stranger, i would luv to get to know this guy before give aways etc...Rather than having an invite section, we shall have a nice irc here where people will talk get to know each other much more effectively, after that, if i make my mind about that person, i wouldnt hesitate to give sct tt nb or anything he ever wanted...It must be about friendship in my opinion but seeing give aways and the dirty tricks behind it (like agreeing to give someone an ftn invite on msn or smt then making a give away for ftn here to just a make a show or to get rep etc) It really has soo many dirty tricks this give away system.... Anyway i am not in the mood for long discussions anymore. If there is an golden rule i learnt here it is this...

SEED LEECH SHUT UP! Those are the rules of most bt communities if not all

Funkin'
07-26-2008, 08:53 AM
but if ou need anything funky just let me know, will help ya with all i can :)

That's definitely kind of you, and I really appreciate it. And if you need anything do not hesitate to give me a pm.

Stick around as much as you can. ;)

bilkenter
07-26-2008, 08:56 AM
btw it is Funkin not funky :D anyway dont intend to be active much mate you know where to find me after all anyway i am gone to beeeeeeeed:D Btw hope i make a tracker with SLC:P seed leech shutup :D anyway :) cya later my friend

Elecktricity
07-26-2008, 08:57 AM
The best way to get into FTN is just to keep begging SgtMajor lol :D until he cracks ;)

lovejj
07-26-2008, 10:07 AM
u only need make laugh for someone here,
if u are lucky,u will find one inv~~
lol
only joke
make real friends

bladesharp
07-26-2008, 12:45 PM
why were u banned?

Is that gng to be a Mass PM? :whistling

bilkenter
07-26-2008, 04:37 PM
Nope it wasnt as far as i am aware of:) i just gave him the quotation that they presented me with... It is damn funny :) Anyway it is in past, the only thing that the ban has helped me with is not to give away here anymore... People are offering tt account with 450 gb buffer for 7 day ovh access, i am giving away 2 week here? must be kinda crazy aint it :)

Legion
07-26-2008, 04:45 PM
Well, for starters, you could stop posting fucked-up threads like this one. There is no actual requirement, it's not like you need a cv and if you've got a masters degree you'll get an invite. When the day comes, if it will, you will get an invite without begging and posing so many questions.

dinamo82
07-27-2008, 12:12 AM
make friends on your current trackers or here, dont cheat or trade and they'll invite you someday

i goted invite today :yahoo:

respawn40
07-27-2008, 03:14 AM
make friends on your current trackers or here, dont cheat or trade and they'll invite you someday

Did they make you do any sexual favors? :lol: You did, didn't you?

bladesharp
07-27-2008, 03:23 AM
Well, for starters, you could stop posting fucked-up threads like this one. There is no actual requirement, it's not like you need a cv and if you've got a masters degree you'll get an invite. When the day comes, if it will, you will get an invite without begging and posing so many questions.

I agree, this thread didt started when they have opened up invites.Request you to go through all posts :)

*This was just a study

Funkin'
07-27-2008, 03:50 AM

Good for you. Now make sure to make actual use of the account and don't use it for just a trophy as most do.

Kuttichan
07-27-2008, 03:54 AM

i goted invite today :yahoo:congratz! Hope, you will take the full the full use of the account:naughty:

saulin
07-27-2008, 04:27 AM
To the original poster. If Brandon posts here. Kiss his ass and talk wonders about FTN (A Tracker that you don't know yet)and you shall get it. Lots of people have gotten invited that way.

Brandon
07-27-2008, 04:48 AM
To the original poster. If Brandon posts here. Kiss his ass and talk wonders about FTN (A Tracker that you don't know yet)and you shall get it. Lots of people have gotten invited that way.

Do you know how stupid you make yourself look with posts such as these?

saulin
07-27-2008, 04:53 AM

???

AFAIK you have invited lots of newbs this way man. No offence but it is the true. Although I don't think you have given invites in a while. If I remember corerctly you said you would stop given them a while ago.

LOL you know what's funny. I never thought you would be around this board just now hahaha. I haven't seen you around in a while. Then again I have been busy and away from this board for months too.

bladesharp
07-27-2008, 05:26 AM

FYI i never requested one - same request to u as well, take soemtiem to read the posts (before expressign a frustration)

respawn40
07-27-2008, 05:29 AM

Brandon I can haz FTN? There are soooooo many wonderous things about FTN. it is a rly gud site and it is the best tracker in the whole wide world. I can haz invite noa?

edit Brandon did i menshun u r a rly rly awesum person?

mansour
07-27-2008, 06:25 AM

saulin :cry:

mansour
07-27-2008, 06:31 AM
now if it down to lvl2 , do you think they will still want it ?
in fact I think that 90% of the ppl those ask for it are searching for high lvls without know anything about the content

SgtMajor
07-27-2008, 06:37 AM
Doh, could you not have posted this in one of the other many threads?

:slap:

saulin
07-27-2008, 06:37 AM
FYI i never requested one - same request to u as well, take soemtiem to read the posts (before expressign a frustration)

See posts like this. How do you get into FTN? Are just too popular around here. Actually browse the board and you will see FTN threads all over the place.

They usually end up in the same thing as well. Invite begging. True that you didn't ask directly for an invite but you could have searched the board for many threads regarding FTN.

What does it take to get an invite? Either a trade or simply beg Brandon for one because I have very rarely see anyone else but Brandon give invites away.

tnt
07-27-2008, 06:55 AM
lol the same reason like you
http://filesharingtalk.com/vb3/p-request-ftn-men-post2811797/postcount1

but imo, ppl want ftn because they are flock lamb,without brain especially 12-15 years kids

bilkenter
07-27-2008, 01:04 PM
Honestly, my views about ftn is about to change.... I think They should have been much more selective when giving invites to the users

bblogs
07-27-2008, 02:51 PM
@ Brandon:

Open 500 spots at FTN and have an auction at FST, 1 invite/day...starting at say $50 :naughty:

Oh the possibilities... :D

Brandon
07-27-2008, 03:38 PM
@ Brandon:

Open 500 spots at FTN and have an auction at FST, 1 invite/day...starting at say $50 :naughty:

Oh the possibilities... :D

Not all torrent sites are only in it for the profit.

The Flying Cow
07-27-2008, 05:31 PM

Duly noted.

-Sherman :mellow:

deadalive1
07-27-2008, 05:47 PM
And that's another reason why it is one of the best sites around, and also why people donate more freely.

Duckater
07-27-2008, 07:17 PM
And that's another reason why it is one of the best sites around, and also why people donate more freely.

Agree's and there are a lot of sites out there not in it for money but make the members of the site happy :)
All they want at most is donations to cover current costs and upgrades :)
Sites not in it for the money also plough all spare money back into the site with such things as faster better servers :)

Which imho is the only way it should be. But there are a lot of sites that send several pms out each month for monies and have usually well covered the costs that month but not yet paid there bills i.e. mortgage, leccy bills

SgtMajor
07-27-2008, 07:26 PM

Agree's and there are a lot of sites out there not in it for money but make the members of the site happy :)
All they want at most is donations to cover current costs and upgrades :)
Sites not in it for the money also plough all spare money back into the site with such things as faster better servers :)

Which imho is the only way it should be. But there are a lot of sites that send several pms out each month for monies and have usually well covered the costs that month but not yet paid there bills i.e. mortgage, leccy bills

Sadly, a lot of them sites have UK connections, which embarrasses me no end.

Duckater
07-27-2008, 07:30 PM
Snap sgtmajor, why are people who open sites up for the community and supply people there needs for releases end up as greedy self pretencious people I will never know.
I suspect some open up in 1st place thinking they will make a killing out of a torrent site but I hope they fail from day 1.

Donations from users should be used for the site and sites should not beg for monies. I know one or 2 that ask once in a blue moon when funds are low and that I think aint so bad as 99% of the times those sites are just using donations for the site :)

Brandon
07-27-2008, 08:03 PM

Duly noted.

-Sherman :mellow:

I like how you tried to manipulate my sentence. Basically what it means is, not all torrent sites are brought up with the desire to make money. That better?

iamKy666
07-27-2008, 08:51 PM
I am not member of FTN,but every day i see that is really the most wanted tracker at this forum.
What i think is,that the thing that truly makes FTN unique is its ideology.The non p2l and the fact that is providing good speeds(far as i know) with no ratio system is a good combination for all users even those with the slow internet connections.Not so much the community thing,but those reasons i mentioned above.I know that im not saying anything new here,but i wanted to post it.
I am not in position to know how the staff of every single tracker gathers its sources to make it happen,but ive never heard about using money for the needs of the staff or something like this on FTN.Ive made a quick google search and ive read some old posts about how some 0day trackers get rich and taking advantage of their users(TL+others for example,have nothing against them though).I am not against the p2l system,i am using on a daily basis SCC which has a p2l system,and im satisfied with it(needs improvements though).
To sum up,i think that trackers like FTN are good to exist not only for the speeds and content,but more for their ideology which comes much closer to the true meaning of sharing.

ps:this is not a post which wants to lick ftn owner ass,im just mentioning it because some fags will try to use my post and flame.

bilkenter
07-27-2008, 08:54 PM
I am not member of FTN,but every day i see that is really the most wanted tracker at this forum.
What i think is,that the thing that truly makes FTN unique is its ideology.The non p2l and the fact that is providing good speeds(far as i know) with no ratio system is a good combination for all users even those with the slow internet connections.Not so much the community thing,but those reasons i mentioned above.I know that im not saying anything new here,but i wanted to post it.
I am not in position to know how the staff of every single tracker gathers its sources to make it happen,but ive never heard about using money for the needs of the staff or something like this on FTN.Ive made a quick google search and ive read some old posts about how some 0day trackers get rich and taking advantage of their users(TL+others for example,have nothing against them though).I am not against the p2l system,i am using on a daily basis SCC which has a p2l system,and im satisfied with it(needs improvements though).
To sum up,i think that trackers like FTN are good to exist not only for the speeds and content,but more for their ideology which comes much closer to the true meaning of sharing.

ps:this is not a post which wants to lick ftn owner ass,im just mentioning it because some fags will try to use my post and flame.

For some reason, I luv those guyz

bladesharp
07-28-2008, 06:57 AM
UPDATE : Seems like the current invite festival is over and done...

kooftspc11
07-28-2008, 07:03 AM
i think you need a college degree and no criminal record to get into ftn...volunteer work may also be a plus