PDA

View Full Version : Vcd & Svcd Question

k4nth
08-13-2003, 04:38 PM
hi, i was wondering if its possible to play VCD without burning to a CD, from harddrive. I used WINISO to extract the VCD files from the BIN file i downloaded. But when i play the VCD file from MPEG folder, it doesn't seem to play properly. It skips & freezes too much. The reason i don't want to burn the BIN to CD, cuz most of the movies are not good quality and its not worth it. So why waste CDs. Any suggestion guys?

Gre1
08-13-2003, 05:30 PM
From what I heard u can mount a image on your drive I never do it but the program the use is called daemon tools. And to that question why waste cds: I agree if its not good quality yeah but y waste them but all the ones I encode are dvd quality vcds and there are other encodes by somebody named daduck but his are .avi and I see a lot of people complain about something. Some advice quit downloading vcds of telesyncs and wait till someone does a svcd of a dvd rip or screener or just get ask me for a encode and I will see what I can do. :D :D ;)

gumbydancin
08-14-2003, 01:25 AM
Originally posted by k4nth@13 August 2003 - 11:38
hi, i was wondering if its possible to play VCD without burning to a CD, from harddrive. I used WINISO to extract the VCD files from the BIN file i downloaded. But when i play the VCD file from MPEG folder, it doesn't seem to play properly. It skips & freezes too much. The reason i don't want to burn the BIN to CD, cuz most of the movies are not good quality and its not worth it. So why waste CDs. Any suggestion guys?
There are plenty of software programs that will play vcd files. I use PowerDVD for most things like that. For image files or bin and cue and the like use Daemon Tools. It's really easy and quite stable. You can find it here. (http://www.daemon-tools.cc/portal/download.php?mode=ViewCategory&catid=5) Or use this direct download link. (http://www.daemon-tools.cc/portal/download.php?mode=Download&id=6)

Gre1
08-14-2003, 02:03 AM
But he said he doesn't want to burn to a cd so he can't use Power DVD or WinDVD cause it has to be on a cd.

EnJoi
08-14-2003, 03:43 AM
VcDGear

mutterings
08-14-2003, 06:54 PM
definately vcdgear easy to use

shogunxxx
08-14-2003, 08:36 PM
Gre1 Posted on 14 August 2003 - 02:03

But he said he doesn't want to burn to a cd so he can't use Power DVD or WinDVD cause it has to be on a cd.

Power DVD as select source on it
and you can access movies of disc's
or off your hard drive

;)