PDA

View Full Version : Why?

Wilton331
05-29-2008, 03:48 AM
Some of you may have read my last thread about how I got banned from What.cd because I gave away invites to members here at FST.

Well, it was an honest mistake, and luckily a member here helped me get my account back on the terms that I never have invites again (which was totally fine with me).

What.cd has easily become my favorite tracker. With Gazelle now in high gear, the site is simply beautiful - and since I got back on there is no way that I would do anything to sacrifice my account again.

--- Tonight I tried to log in to the tracker to find that my account was disabled again. I immediately went on to their irc channel, and was absolutely the most polite that I could possibly be.

Peter: Hi dblaze, is there any way that you could please help me?
[11:21pm] dblaze: username?
[11:21pm] dblaze: I suspect you are slowly typing out a reason why you need an invite
[11:22pm] dblaze: this is not the channel for that
[11:22pm] dblaze: you can join #what.cd-invites
[11:22pm] dblaze: please
[11:23pm] Peter: no
[11:23pm] Peter: I have a question about my account
[11:23pm] Peter: I just tried to log in and I am disabled, but I am not sure what for. Could you please help?
[11:25pm] Peter: This tracker has quickly become my very favorite tracker. I love it. I can't think of anything that I possibly did wrong.
[11:25pm] Peter: Oh sorry, my username is Wilton331
[11:26pm] Peter: If you could please help me out I would be very very grateful
[11:27pm] Peter: Please sir
[11:33pm] Stewy|zz: Peter: Please wait, the staff may need to discuss your situation, and then you may be interviewed.
[11:33pm] Peter: thank you for your time
[11:37pm] You left the chat by being disconnected from the server.

.... I was permanently banned from their irc channel, and they could not even provide me with a reason why.

What else can I do? I truly love What.cd. I would really hate to lose it -- I've honestly vowed to never do anything to put my membership in jeopardy.

bladesharp
05-29-2008, 04:05 AM
whats the time delay happened there? could not see the time stamp of first message ...
May be they got suspicious.. bad luck..sorry to hear mate

Wilton331
05-29-2008, 04:10 AM
Sorry, I must have forgot to copy/paste the first time. It was also at 11:21.
I was actually in the room before that asking for help, but no one answered until user "dblaze" entered. Heres what happened when I first got in.

11:14pm] Peter: !MOD<Wilton331>
[11:15pm] Peter: !MOD Wilton331
[11:15pm] Peter: I'm sorry for doing that twice
[11:15pm] Peter: Is there anyone here that may be able to help me?
[11:17pm] Peter: Please? I would really appreciate it
[11:19pm] Peter: !MODWilton331
[11:20pm] dblaze joined the chat room.
[11:20pm] dblaze was promoted to administrator by ChuckNorris.
[11:20pm] dblaze was promoted to operator by ChuckNorris.
[11:21pm] Peter: Hi dblaze, is there any way that you could please help me?

killercam101
05-29-2008, 04:13 AM
I have a question if you get banned does everyone on your tree branch get banned too?

Wilton331
05-29-2008, 04:14 AM
Yes, I believe so.

1000possibleclaws
05-29-2008, 05:04 AM
Yes, I believe so.

are you sure about that?

bladesharp
05-29-2008, 05:12 AM
Yes, I believe so.

are you sure about that?

Yes, i am a victim

1000possibleclaws
05-29-2008, 05:26 AM
are you sure about that?

Yes, i am a victim

well obviously the most recent people who he invited from here would get banned. actually when you think about it it makes sense to disable his whole invite tree, unless he's invited people from awhile back who have made contributions to the site

athenaesword
05-29-2008, 05:45 AM
Yes, i am a victim

well obviously the most recent people who he invited from here would get banned. actually when you think about it it makes sense to disable his whole invite tree, unless he's invited people from awhile back who have made contributions to the site

it's the case on most trackers. i got disabled from TL cus my inviter traded too. it's a sad fact, but I can understand why they do it.

Wilton331
05-29-2008, 01:36 PM
Like I said, I was disabled a couple weeks ago and they disabled all of my invitees and disallowed me from having invites in the future.

It was unfortunate, but it was something that I was willing to deal with if I was to be allowed back on the tracker.

Now, I literally have no idea why I was disabled. Did they retract the deal?

puckface
05-29-2008, 01:58 PM
That's what you get for doing giveaways, prepare to deal with the consequences or don't do them.

Wilton331
05-29-2008, 07:10 PM
That's what you get for doing giveaways, prepare to deal with the consequences or don't do them.

If you dont mind me asking (I'm seriously not trying to be a smartass), were any of your +70 rep points from giving away an invite or two possibly? Because when I look around on this site, the act of sharing it is glorified. I had thought, as per the influence that goes around here, that a giveaway is the most selfless and altruistic thing that one could possible do.