PDA

View Full Version : Thermal Probe Placement

Colt Seevers
08-13-2003, 06:42 PM
May sound kinda dumb but I've never used one before and im currently getting conflicting read outs.

My mobo is the K7T266 Pro 2 which came bundled with an app called fuzzy logic 3 (now v4) anyway I run this and I can get a temp readout of around 45 to 55o C.

I've just bought a new case and it has a digital read out for CPU temp I currently have the probe which is connected to the cases digital readout placed between the heatsink and fan, but I'm now thinking (maybe obviously) that the nearer to the actual CPU the better..as there is about a 20o C difference between the two.

Also I'm presuming my mobo has already got some sort of thermal probe, although the manual doesn't mention were it is or how. :huh:

Help appreciated my kazaa buddies! :blink:

bob_the_alien
08-14-2003, 07:18 AM
Your correct you want the probe to be touching the cpu, and I think even touching mildly the cpu core.

Most motherboards have thermal readouts, but you must open software to see it.
with your probe you can see the readout during stressful times like playing graphics mad video games. So a thermal probe is a good idea.

I found a link for you with instructions along with pictures of how to install it.
OS MOD SHOP (http://www.ocmodshop.com/?a=25).
so you can check that out, if you need detailed instructions.

Lamsey
08-14-2003, 10:02 AM
Am I the only person who smirked when I saw this?
Thermal Probe Placement, Where's a good place to stick it?
;) :P

sparsely
08-14-2003, 10:07 AM
:D No.

Enigma2003
08-14-2003, 10:25 AM
Yes :lol:

Colt Seevers
08-14-2003, 05:43 PM
Thanks for the help bob, you confirmed what I already thought.

Nice link as well!

@ Enigma2003, Sparsely & Lamsey...great minds think alike eh? :lol:

Acecool
08-14-2003, 06:12 PM
I thought the title was hilarious?
Was gonna ask if this was like the South Park anal probe ep :-) lol...