PDA

View Full Version : Wewillhostit.com upload speeds?

Bips
05-30-2008, 06:21 AM
Im on a budget for a few months but still want a seedbox.
I was wondering, has anyone had any experience with wewillhostit.com.
And if so, what was the top upload speed you reached?

Also, with the 15gigs of storage id be getting, id be able to deleted a 7gig xbox 360 game after I seeded it back to what I wanted, right?

mummysboy
05-30-2008, 10:16 AM
Ok - i signed up just to test this for you.
The default settings are seed to 100% [ risky tbh i woulda seeded to 150% just to make sure] but is easily changed as you start the torrent and it seems they want to limit each torrent to 300k - again this can be changed at torrent start.

On a small swarm - down speed = 800k to the server
There were no peers to test the upload - so i used a file from revott and it appears it does not like revott :(
And i know flux is an acceptable client as i use it on my server so i guess that ip is banzored - o well.

- on a side note the load on the server is quite high and it takes forever to respond to my inputs, and im not sure but i think they allow public torrents which is kinda dodgy in my eyes :s

And - i am requesting a FTP account - Hopefully they will issue one as otherwise this service is kinda pointless for me - but http downloads may be ideal for others.

killercam101
05-30-2008, 09:45 PM
its a horrible service, it disconnects on a lot of downloads/uploads and as right now they're having server problems because they're trying to fit too many people on 1 server.

peyrinix
05-31-2008, 07:56 AM
Agree with above poster. I rarely got good ratio's on my torrents. They also die a lot so i have to restart them, and upload speeds rarely stayed above 100kB/s for a couple seconds. i seriously got more upload from my home's constant 512kbps upstream on most torrents than the shared seedbox from wewillhostit

The server I'm on is running on torrentflux 2.3 (as opposed to tf-b4rt), and on my particular server there's currently about 40 people

haydeno
06-10-2008, 11:05 PM
i would recommend a vpsland server. I paid $17.50(only needed 1 month and 1st month is free) for windows vps with 500gb BW. I average about 3MB up but have peaked at 4.3

tehmrserver
07-04-2008, 02:25 AM
I would recommend SeedLayer TorrentFlux accounts: http://seedlayer.net/torrentfluxhosting.htm I bought an account from them two days ago, they have replied to my emails within 30-60 minutes, sometimes even less than 5 minutes. I only had one problem with them (FTP not working) but they fixed that in less than an hour after I emailed them. I average at about 6 megabytes per second download speed and 7 megabytes per second upload speed. It's pretty good, as it's shared. I had low ratios on ScT and BitMeTv, and I have managed to get it up to a 1.75 ratio in less than a day, thanks to SeedLayer! :) You may want to check them out.. they have cheap prices and quality services. Rating: 5/5 HIGHLY RECOMMENDED

KennyX
07-04-2008, 11:24 AM
tehmrserver, this sounds too good to be true. Can you make a thread and post some screens of this box in action?

tehmrserver
07-05-2008, 12:39 AM
hey KennyX will post screenshots later when i get home from work; I bought the 15$ package from them and next month ill upgrade to the 32$ plan. i always start low then high just to be safe :P

//edit
KennyX: heres a screenshot of what I got on the latest FTN pack http://i32.tinypic.com/4kv2c4.jpg
I could get 40-50 Mbps download and upload speed on ScT packs, and on BitMeTv I get around 10-20 Mbps download and upload speed. When theres a new pack on ScT i'll post a new screenie ;)

wewillhostit
07-26-2008, 01:41 PM
WeWillHostIt had some issues because we got too many new customers in a short period of time and our datacenter could not provide us with extra servers in time. We have now received extra server, and are also now doing vps hosting which may be better suited for some.

bartvictor
06-25-2009, 09:15 PM
WeWillHostIt had some issues because we got too many new customers in a short period of time and our datacenter could not provide us with extra servers in time. We have now received extra server, and are also now doing vps hosting which may be better suited for some.

Hi, i understand your situation but why my upload is so poor now...
My upload speed around 20kB/s with your sever !!!!!:dabs:
why pay for a seedbox with this kind of speed !!:(

FransTormer
06-25-2009, 09:18 PM
You do know you're replying to a topic over a year old? Might be faster to contact wewillhostit directrly tru their site or support-form?

bartvictor
06-25-2009, 09:39 PM
You do know you're replying to a topic over a year old? Might be faster to contact wewillhostit directrly tru their site or support-form?

Yes I Know and have contact wewillhostit in the same time.
I post here for advertise people about this site...

joey
06-25-2009, 10:49 PM
Good job Bartvictor...it lets people know about the service who might be thinking of signing up.

I had a box with these guys in June of 2008...it was crap...slow uploads...server crashes and fairly poor service...in fact there was a period of 2 weeks where you could barely use the box becasue of poor speeds and crashes...I asked for my money back but they wouldn't refund anything. Interesting to see that a year later and these guys are still basically a crap business and haven't improved anything. I wouldn't give your money to these guys.