PDA

View Full Version : Site Loading Time And Features

RealitY
05-30-2008, 08:56 PM
Well the site has been slow for days now. Have read lots of information on whats possibly slowing things. Had gotten to the point to try anything actually. So Ive turned off some features such as avatars and whos viewing and others also. These features will remain turned off for now to test loading times on the site. Since changing these settings the site appears to be loading better now. Will likely add back those features again a bit at a time to find which is slowing things on the site...

C-mos
05-30-2008, 09:03 PM
a lot of users are inactive ,,their accounts should be pruned..:)

kondrae
05-30-2008, 09:11 PM
I noticed avatars were off. hope it will be back to normal soon

Skiz
05-30-2008, 09:17 PM
a lot of users are inactive ,,their accounts should be pruned..:)

That wouldn't affect bandwidth or load times whatsoever.

bigboab
05-30-2008, 09:25 PM
Could the fact that you now have your own pic section be the cause of the board slowing. If the pic section is in the same database therein lies your problem.

tesco
05-30-2008, 10:10 PM
Could the fact that you now have your own pic section be the cause of the board slowing. If the pic section is in the same database therein lies your problem.
It's not.
I moved it to file system.
Same with avatars and sigs, meaning disabling them was pointless.:lol:

bigboab
05-30-2008, 10:42 PM
It's not.

I am glad you think this is funny. If I can remember correctly this 'slowing down' started about the same time as the pic facility was introduced. It does not matter if you put them in the file system or any other system, if it is all on the same server it must slow it down when a lot of members that are using this facility are trying to log on. Remember, the avatars and sigs are limited by size and most members have their own avatars that are linked either to their own computer or another server Which does not affect this server one iota, just their personal computer.

It is worth a try.:)

tesco
05-30-2008, 10:47 PM
It's not.

I am glad you think this is funny. If I can remember correctly this 'slowing down' started about the same time as the pic facility was introduced. It does not matter if you put them in the file system or any other system, if it is all on the same server it must slow it down when a lot of members that are using this facility are trying to log on. Remember, the avatars and sigs are limited by size and most members have their own avatars that are linked either to their own computer or another server Which does not affect this server one iota, just their personal computer.

It is worth a try.:)The 'pif facility' has been here for months and this slowdown started about a week ago (ignore the other problems we had before, this is a different issue...).

BTW, I just disabled the NZB Index about 20 minutes because that has always been a slow page. It badly needs optimizing. The thing is we've been using it for a long time without the site getting extremely slow because of it.
Now 20 mins after disabling the site is running smoothly. Server load is pretty low now (lowest i've seen in the past week, while before then it would fluctuate between an extremely high level and a low level).
Hopefully it can stay this way over night then I know what the problem is and can look for some help in improving it...

bigboab
05-30-2008, 10:54 PM
Well done. :cheers: That is the fastest I have seen it going for a long while.:)

For a couple of minutes anyway.:(

Hairbautt
05-31-2008, 12:11 AM
It's not.
Same with avatars and sigs, meaning disabling them was pointless.:lol:When RealitY disabled some of these features, it did speed up for 10-15 mins. Then it kinda ran slow again. :( I suppose that was just a coincidence.

Anyways, currently runnin' at full speed :happy:

bigboab
05-31-2008, 07:50 AM
I just edited a post. The post appeared in quotes. As a result when I saved it a double post ,error(merge) occurred. Just a wee blimp.:)

tralalala
05-31-2008, 07:27 PM
a wee blimp? or a massive screwup? :lol:

bigboab
06-03-2008, 08:20 AM
Sometimes it is faster than I have ever seen it go, albeit for only a minute or two. It is as if something from the 'outside' is 'screwing it up'.:(

Just 'stumbled' upon this when I was looking for instructions on growing a Lime Bush;

We apologize, but due to the increased load that the search engine places on our server, we have disabled this facility for non-subscribers

Raban
06-03-2008, 11:16 AM
hey no offense cause i really like this place BUT ... by god this has to be the slowest site in the history of the earth..

is it still under _constant_ DDoS attack cause it sure as hell feels like it... i mean... day after day its horribly slow and doesn't load half the time ...

honestly i'd say disable 90% of the features we just need to be able to read threads and post everything else can get scrapped to the garbage can ... if that cuts the load time down to say ... less than 5 seconds a page i'm all for it.

Disme
06-03-2008, 11:26 AM
is it still under _constant_ DDoS attack ... day after day its horribly slow and doesn't load half the time ...

honestly i'd say disable 90% of the features we just need to be able to read threads and post everything else can get scrapped to the garbage can ... if that cuts the load time down to say ... less than 5 seconds a page i'm all for it.

Honestly ... why don't you read the whole thread before asking things that have been discussed and answered already!

Raban
06-04-2008, 06:36 AM
Honestly ... why don't you read the whole thread before asking things that have been discussed and answered already!

ok can we get these issues fixed ASAP

Skiz
06-04-2008, 07:08 AM

Do you think we're simply ignoring them? :dabs:

As is stated in the very first post, the problems that started from the DDOS attack are being worked out one at a time.

The progress thus far is evident.

enoughfakefiles
06-05-2008, 05:09 PM
I'm not bothered cause i can get on the site now :01:

I do get the server busy message now and again :dabs:

RPerry
06-06-2008, 12:41 AM

Do you think we're simply ignoring them? :dabs:

As is stated in the very first post, the problems that started from the DDOS attack are being worked out one at a time.

The progress thus far is evident.

I agree, its obvious it's progressing in reverse

J-dye
06-06-2008, 08:41 AM
let mulder do the job . isnt he some kind of tech guy :unsure:

The first this I would do is remove any add-ons and modifications you've made. Many mods affect performance.

:huh:

Raban
06-08-2008, 01:34 AM
ya guys it seems to be getting better now good work ya there are a few error msgs that pop up here and there but much improved from before

if ya need help in the future i'd be willing to look at a list of features on the site and "cross out" the ones we don't need ... to improve performance and whatnot.... let me know....

Lincoln
06-12-2008, 06:04 PM
For starters you should get a real server from a real provider, rather than a reseller for LayeredTech. Check out webhostingtalk, with the recent price hikes by LT there's tons of sales going on right now.

Spidor
06-12-2008, 07:11 PM
The Site is too slow nowadays.

tralalala
06-13-2008, 08:19 AM
Why, you know what it was like "back in the day"? :blink: You've merely been her, what, like 5 minutes?

100%
06-13-2008, 10:04 AM
More than one month of this slow server shit is ridiculous.
Fuck you fst.
no respect.
pathetic.

manicgeek
06-13-2008, 11:22 AM
When you browse the site as a guest there are serious delays that are related to the ads you run, the pages actually pause whilst loading whilst an ad server is contacted.

Now I don't know how you have the code in the pages, and whether that could be a cause of the delay in page load times, but it might be worth turning them off one at a time and seeing if it's a specific ad server that is causing the delay.

Just a thought.

chinook_apache
06-13-2008, 01:47 PM
site was slow yesterday evening but today i been here a few time at different times and no problem in load up. :)

WHiKWiRE
06-13-2008, 04:15 PM
Fuck you fst.
no respect.
pathetic.

next time you have a thought let it pass. people are working hard to resolve the problems with fst. :dry:

Raban
06-14-2008, 01:18 AM
ya it was really bad yesterday but today its a bit better...

my offer still stands i'm willing to review the feature list and say what we need and don't need... but i can give you a preview of that I would be X'ing out every single feature except "Read thread" and "Post/Reply to thread"

Hairbautt
06-14-2008, 03:10 PM
Fuck you fst.
no respect.
pathetic.
ditto.

RPerry
06-15-2008, 06:05 AM
Fuck you fst.
no respect.
pathetic.
ditto.

I agree as well

rookiecrd1
06-16-2008, 12:56 PM
Things should be better from here on out I believe.

Brian

JPaul
06-16-2008, 10:39 PM
How will they be from here on in, that's what I want to know.

Jim

lynx
06-17-2008, 12:00 AM
It depends on the ins and outs of what's been happening.

Chris

Hairbautt
06-17-2008, 12:04 AM
I do both.

Herbert

Skiz
06-17-2008, 01:04 AM
Still slow on this end. :no:

Barbarossa
06-17-2008, 08:45 AM
Why are we signing our posts with our real names?

Cuthbert

Hairbautt
06-17-2008, 11:55 AM
:eyebrows: Cousin?

enoughfakefiles
06-17-2008, 07:26 PM

Cuthbert

Your right :unsure:

Horatio

JPaul
06-17-2008, 10:44 PM

Cuthbert

Your right :unsure:

Horatio

Interesting use of homonym there.

James

RPerry
06-18-2008, 06:39 AM
still no change on my end :(

Rob

jetje
06-18-2008, 06:59 AM
hmm pretty fast here atm. For the first time in weeks.

ooops server too busy again.... too fast :(

RealitY
06-19-2008, 05:06 AM
Would like to request any having loading issue do a traceroute on the site and pm message it to me to check into. To do a traceroute click Start and then Run followed by CMD and then click enter. When the window opens type tracert filesharingtalk.com and then click enter again. Then copy and paste that and sent that...

tesco
06-19-2008, 09:48 PM
Would like to request any having loading issue do a traceroute on the site and pm message it to me to check into. To do a traceroute click Start and then Run followed by CMD and then click enter. When the window opens type tracert filesharingtalk.com and then click enter again. Then copy and paste that and sent that...
It's high server load, not everybody else's problem.:pinch:
Whenever the site goes slow for me, I look at the bottom of the page and see a high server load...

Barbarossa
06-19-2008, 10:38 PM
I thought we were getting a new server :blink:

Hairbautt
06-19-2008, 10:39 PM
I thought so too, you cawkteases. Ya'll are worse than that AllenS and BD character.

Edit: Actually this page loaded kinda fast. :eyebrows: It better stay this way.

brotherdoobie
06-19-2008, 10:39 PM
Whenever the site goes slow for me, I look at the bottom of the page and see a high server load...

Did you have to put him on the spot like that. Harsh.

-bd

tesco
06-19-2008, 10:43 PM
We did get a new server.
We have 2 now.
I haven't talked to reality today but as far as I know they have no diea why we're still slow. :blink:

RealitY
06-20-2008, 05:40 AM
Have also noticed the high load when pages are slow to load. This dosent make any sence with the new server now. The load is also happening at hours when the site isnt that active. As for asking for traceroutes the techs had requested them. Though as you mentioned doubt thats the issues as its clearly the loads that are. Have asked them already to check that.

EDIT: It appears we might have sorted the issue now...

tesco
06-20-2008, 09:47 PM
High load right now.
Higher than I ever saw last night. :unsure:

Raban
06-23-2008, 12:08 PM
guys when the page loads its great and very quick except when it says

The server is too busy at the moment. Please try again later.

if we could get rid of that message things would be perfects ... tx

Sonnentier
06-23-2008, 01:12 PM
Both speed and errors are acceptable at the moment.
But its suboptimal, I think it could be better :P

manicgeek
06-24-2008, 07:23 AM
WTF is going on guys... WTF is it with he full screen adverts ?
http://i26.tinypic.com/m9at08.jpg

If you're going to fill my screen with shit I'll not bother coming here!!

brotherdoobie
06-24-2008, 07:46 AM
http://i26.tinypic.com/m9at08.jpg

Use Adblock ffs. Amateur.

-bd

manicgeek
06-24-2008, 07:58 AM

-bd

What a fucking outstanding plan, I'll load my PC up with all sorts of shite software to compensate for the cunts who run websites.... fucking outstanding... I'd rather go elsewhere thanks...

Disme
06-24-2008, 08:04 AM
I'd rather go elsewhere thanks...

http://img181.imageshack.us/img181/9630/50plus18674212007070829lq4.jpg

RealitY
06-24-2008, 08:04 AM
There shouldnt be any full page ads on the forum. Have checked the settings and appears fine right now. Its strange since your in the Poster group which dosent have many ads showing. If they continue post again and will check into it...

brotherdoobie
06-24-2008, 08:07 AM

-bd

What a fucking outstanding plan, I'll load my PC up with all sorts of shite software to compensate for the cunts who run websites.... fucking outstanding... I'd rather go elsewhere thanks...

I agree the ads are shite. However, where the fuck on the interweb do you
plan on going, and not seeing ads? Adblock is pure win.

-bd :snooty:

manicgeek
06-24-2008, 08:24 AM
There shouldnt be any full page ads on the forum. Have checked the settings and appears fine right now. Its strange since your in the Poster group which dosent have many ads showing. If they continue post again and will check into it...

Cheers :D

I would like to say I'm not actually against ads, and if you can make some money out of them to run the site great... but not full screen shite, I'm sat there half way through reading something and all of a sudden it all vanishes.

Disme
06-24-2008, 08:37 AM
Adblock is pure win.

Indeed the bes one can get :yup:

tesco
06-24-2008, 09:24 PM

-bd
With my adblock when there's a full screen advert it still shows, but the button for removing it is gone.:lol:

brotherdoobie
06-24-2008, 10:48 PM

-bd
With my adblock when there's a full screen advert it still shows, but the button for removing it is gone.:lol:

Disable this page only, ffs.

-bd :lol:

Skiz
06-25-2008, 01:54 AM

Disable this page only, ffs.

-bd :lol:

Egg-sack-lee.

I never see full page ads. :happy:

maverick_andy
07-01-2008, 10:13 AM
The Server Is Too Busy , Please Try Again Later or We were offline for maintainance check back tomorrow

After leaving 5-6 minutes i can again access FST but if i do access whenever trying to post it shows again The Server Is Too Busy , Please Try Again Later.
Hope this post will be posted :D here

Any way to bring down that problem. Also your Forum is slow. compared to other trackers and forums.
In a day tw0 to 3 times i will get this message :(

bilkenter
07-01-2008, 12:06 PM
on this side, it is pretty fast, no problems at all, just rarely getting busy error , beside from that nothing else matters :D

PlayeR
07-01-2008, 12:14 PM
yup. i dont have any problem with the site's speed. but the real problems is that i always get server busy..i have to wait for a while to be able to browse the site again

RealitY
07-01-2008, 03:52 PM
We will be doing some changes today and things should improve when its ready...

brotherdoobie
07-01-2008, 05:21 PM
We will be doing some changes today and things should improve when its ready...

Such as...

-bd :happy:

Raban
07-02-2008, 02:50 AM
ya i am looking forward to these changes.... CONSTANTLY getting

The server is too busy at the moment. Please try again later.

Barbarossa
07-02-2008, 04:04 PM
Why not get rid of the search-bots and see if that makes any difference?

Just a suggestion. This forum is dying at the moment. It's taking about 2 minutes to load a page up.

Barbarossa
07-02-2008, 04:04 PM

Just a suggestion. This forum is dying at the moment. It's taking about 2 minutes to load a page up.

Polarbear
07-02-2008, 06:42 PM

i'm glad i'm not the only one with these kind of load times. it's simply not browsable at the moment.

bilkenter
07-02-2008, 06:46 PM
now, it is awfully slow, but i still believe admins or mods are doing their best... thanks for the effort guyz :D

Guillaume
07-02-2008, 06:53 PM
Make it faster or I'll cancel my subscription.:angry:

brotherdoobie
07-02-2008, 07:25 PM
Make it faster or I'll cancel my subscription.:angry:

I agree with the French guy.

-bd

chalice
07-02-2008, 07:41 PM
Took me 2 minutes to load this page so as I could complain.

Now I can't be arsed.

What was I talking about again??? :blink:

:dabs:

bilkenter
07-02-2008, 08:00 PM
Come guyz, dont be so harsh on them, ok there is a problem, but this wont go away with what you say, rather than deterring them, cheer them up guyz. You dont really know how busy people can get do you? i mean i learnt css html and so forth to create my own page, but i later thought who would have time to put inputs in it? i certainly cannot cuz of shortage of time

chalice
07-02-2008, 09:08 PM
The vast majority of people who have posted in this thread know that Rookie, Reality et al are doing their level best to sort out the catastrophe. We're all very appreciative about it.

You have to understand that members who have been here a long time, and who feel comfortable here, fall into a very tongue-in-cheek, familiar tone. This by no means infers that we're ungrateful or impatient. If you'd been around as long as some of us, you'd feel the same frustration when a part of your life starts fucking up.

And for fuck sake, capitalise your 'I' s.

Raban
07-03-2008, 08:05 AM
wow... all those hours of downtime last night i figured i'd come on and it would be faster than greased lightning ...

by god its slower than it was before... =/

all that downtime for nothing ?

Skiz
07-03-2008, 08:16 AM
And for fuck sake, capitalise your 'I' s.

:lol:

I needed that. :lol:

Guillaume
07-03-2008, 08:30 AM
It's slightly better.

Does the board still get DDOSed to shit, BTW?

lostdemon
07-03-2008, 08:37 AM
That was pretty damn funny.
I also like the part where he called him a rookie.

Polarbear
07-03-2008, 05:30 PM
it's very fast all over sudden. did you change anything?

bigboab
07-03-2008, 06:02 PM
Congratulations to who is responsible. The board is now going faster than I have ever seen it going. :)

Hairbautt
07-03-2008, 06:03 PM
It better not change back to slow-as-fuck mode again.

enoughfakefiles
07-03-2008, 07:47 PM
Has someone put the plug back in :01:

Skiz
07-03-2008, 08:23 PM
Still pretty slow for me... taking 30+ secs to load this page.

Raban
07-03-2008, 08:29 PM
right at this very moment its flying... i dunno what someone did but can we plox keep it this way

Skiz
07-03-2008, 08:36 PM
It does seem to have sped up since I posted that. :yup:

DKre8ive1
07-03-2008, 08:57 PM
Its loading a lot quicker for me today then it was yesterday that for sure.

chalice
07-03-2008, 09:01 PM
3.13s load time for this page.

No busy server messages so far.

Brilliant.

/piano falls on chalice's head.

Hairbautt
07-03-2008, 09:14 PM
http://filesharingtalk.com/vb3/images/statusicon/stat_time.gif0.07sec http://filesharingtalk.com/vb3/images/statusicon/stat_sql.gif17 queries Sexy Pictures (http://www.randomimage.us/)

Bitches.

lostdemon
07-03-2008, 09:54 PM
No busy server for me. Pages loading faster than before I hope it stays like this.

tesco
07-03-2008, 10:00 PM
http://filesharingtalk.com/vb3/../../images/statusicon/stat_time.gif0.18sec http://filesharingtalk.com/vb3/../../images/statusicon/stat_sql.gif16 queries http://filesharingtalk.com/vb3/../../images/statusicon/stat_load.gif0.94
Simply amazing.
And that's loading a thread yet. Normally even the forum index doesn't load that fast...

Hairbautt
07-03-2008, 10:06 PM
I never knew my internets browser was this fast.

tesco
07-03-2008, 10:08 PM
It's thanks to 2 brand new servers (now properly configured).

Polarbear
07-03-2008, 10:12 PM
It's thanks to 2 brand new servers (now properly configured).

great job guys! make it stay that way ....

Sonnentier
07-04-2008, 12:37 AM
Really fast at the moment, love it :D