PDA

View Full Version : Threads Regarding Religion On The Site

RealitY
05-31-2008, 09:07 AM
These threads have no place in this section. They barely have any place on thise site. Any offensive threads here or any section will be removed. If you have to debate these topics on this site do it in the Drawing Room section. That section is moderated more strictly and its required threads stay on topic there. This issue has gone to far to many times now...

soulreaper
05-31-2008, 09:41 AM
About time,good move! Although I wonder how religious threads were allowed in the first place,mods here aren't strict at all. Religious discussions usually end up in flames anyway without a proper conclusion.Nice work :)

kp666
05-31-2008, 11:52 AM
^^^ true

F.B.I
05-31-2008, 12:56 PM
That would be solved with some bans/warnings.

markupmaster
05-31-2008, 03:03 PM
This is a good move.

No one should ever criticize someone's religion.

SenorBubbz
05-31-2008, 03:04 PM
Haven't seen any talk of religion in a while though.
I guess this is a good move for preventing any future religious flame wars.

Disme
05-31-2008, 03:18 PM

Could that be because you never go outside the Bittorrent/invite-section :blink:

SenorBubbz
05-31-2008, 03:29 PM

Could that be because you never go outside the Bittorrent/invite-section :blink:

It could be that, and it also could be that RealitY is posting about no more religion in the Bittorrent section, so what would be the point of mentioning posts about religion outside of this section?

Cabalo
05-31-2008, 05:53 PM
totally totally agreed! and what about those lame sigs that we see around the forum, those prophet lovers, etc ?

SenorBubbz
05-31-2008, 11:15 PM
totally totally agreed! and what about those lame sigs that we see around the forum, those prophet lovers, etc ?

And "Islamic Only" giveaways.

IdolEyes787
05-31-2008, 11:33 PM

You do realize that you both just brought religious prejudice into a thread about keeping religion out of things, don't you?:ermm:

Detale
05-31-2008, 11:54 PM
That would be solved with some bans/warnings.

Or simply members following rules, theres an idea

You do realize that you both just brought religious prejudice into a thread about keeping religion out of things, don't you?:ermm:

Perhaps, but a fair question I would also like to get the answer on myself

RealitY
06-01-2008, 07:02 AM
Those threads and sigs arent hostile or offensive unless you think they are simply based on a members beliefs. The issue is when members start going at it. Those situations quickly become hostile and offensive especially since this forum isnt heavily moderated to be on topic and has alot of off topic posting. Thats why any such debates should be in the Drawing Room which is a more strictly moderated section...

Disme
06-01-2008, 09:15 AM

I tend to block all them religious-inspired adverts ...

@ detale: Members following rules ... man ... you're an idealist :naughty: