PDA

View Full Version : What Trackers have you given up on?

G-Force
06-02-2008, 11:20 PM
Hello all, i was just wondering what trackers you have simply given up on trying to get? I have pretty much all the trackers i to be apart of but there is one that i find near impossible to gain entry into, in fact it has been about 3 years that i have been searching.

I have been luck enough to be a member of a lot of respected sites and have made many friends but cant seem to get this last one.

This is not a ploy to gain entry and i will not mention the trackers name as it would not help my cause anyway. Also what "high" level trackers are you simply not interested in? Mine would have to be the "E"

killercam101
06-02-2008, 11:48 PM
Ive given up on FSC from what ive seen its either an e-learning trackers to teach men who eat out too much how to cook or a bunch of out of shape men who started an imaginary fight club ;)

G-Force
06-02-2008, 11:57 PM
Ive given up on FSC from what ive seen its either an e-learning trackers to teach men who eat out too much how to cook or a bunch of out of shape men who started an imaginary fight club ;)

I think i might of found your problem, you have no idea what the tracker offers in the first place.

sacebac
06-03-2008, 12:14 AM

I think i might of found your problem, you have no idea what the tracker offers in the first place.

:w00t:hehe

Well i have given up in 2 or 3 trackers.........Like bitmetv (because my upload speed) and FSC (I am not so good in english, so its very dificult to me be active in english foruns, and this is because FSC is all about community).......

sear
06-03-2008, 12:17 AM

:dabs:

FSC is a 0-day tracker that also has a community focus. Part of how we do this is through clubs. We do have a culinary club for people that like cooking as well as a fight club for UFC fans. However FSC is far from limited to those two areas.

Part of what makes the content and forums of FSC so rich and unique are the clubs where people who like the same things can get together to hold discussions and share files. Don't be so quick to dismiss what you don't know ;)

Skiz
06-03-2008, 12:28 AM
I've gave up on FSC due to the poor load times.

I can pinch a loaf in the time it takes for their pages to load. :dabs:

SgtMajor
06-03-2008, 12:29 AM

Well you can thank your lucky stars that FSC hasn't given up on you - yet ;)

I've gave up on FSC due to the poor load times.

I can pinch a loaf in the time it takes for their pages to load. :dabs:

You should try FST lately, half the time nothing at all :01:

Enlightened
06-03-2008, 12:32 AM
This one keeps "running" away from me.......I doubt I will ever see the Homepage of the site....LOL

http://img219.imageshack.us/img219/6616/ftwrlk3.png

G-Force
06-03-2008, 12:50 AM
This one keeps "running" away from me.......I doubt I will ever see the Homepage of the site....LOL

http://img219.imageshack.us/img219/6616/ftwrlk3.png

Hahaha, i almost gave up on that one but i was luck enough to track one down :)

And yer FSC load times are much better these days :)

IdolEyes787
06-03-2008, 01:00 AM
FSC is a 0-day tracker that also has a community focus. Part of how we do this is through clubs. We do have a culinary club for people that like cooking as well as a fight club for UFC fans. However FSC is far from limited to those two areas.

So that's what the fight club banners mean.
Good to know. One less thing that I'm ignorant about.:D
And I have a few big trackers that don't appeal to me for various reasons(content,staff,language etc.) but that's not the same as giving up.More like never started.
Things I'm interested in I never give up on.Bit of a character flaw really.

G-Force
06-03-2008, 01:11 AM

So that's what the fight club banners mean.
Good to know. One less thing that I'm ignorant about.:D
And I have a few big trackers that don't appeal to me for various reasons(content,staff,language etc.) but that's not the same as giving up.More like never started.

Yeah im not interested in UK-T or E for my own reasons, but with the last one i think i will throw the towel in, i don't think you can get in unless its via staff anyway.

1000possibleclaws
06-03-2008, 01:18 AM
yeah actually same with me G-Force. I don't really hear anything special about UK-T, which is pretty much impossible anyways, and I don't want E**** because I think flac is overrated :P

Enlightened
06-03-2008, 01:28 AM
Hello all, i was just wondering what trackers you have simply given up on trying to get? I have pretty much all the trackers i to be apart of but there is one that i find near impossible to gain entry into, in fact it has been about 3 years that i have been searching.

I have been luck enough to be a member of a lot of respected sites and have made many friends but cant seem to get this last one.

This is not a ploy to gain entry and i will not mention the trackers name as it would not help my cause anyway. Also what "high" level trackers are you simply not interested in? Mine would have to be the "E"

Hehe.....It is Overated, I have been in "E" for more than a year now....I was invited in quite "accidental;, i was nOT even looking for it. But, U are "wrong", about staff havinng invites ONLY......

Members can invite just have to put in a request.......and have it "Process".

The Flying Cow
06-03-2008, 01:30 AM

Not at all. If you want something, don't be put down by the hardship. Sounds perfectly rational. Unless I don't want it in the first place, I'll keep an open mind.

I don't want E**** because I think flac is overrated :P

+1

G-Force
06-03-2008, 01:34 AM

Hehe.....It is Overated, I have been in "E" for more than a year now....I was invited in quite "accidental;, i was nOT even looking for it. But, U are "wrong", about staff havinng invites ONLY......

I was talking about the E staff having invites only i was talking about the one i am giving up on :)

slimdogp
06-03-2008, 01:41 AM
sct ftn

Enlightened
06-03-2008, 01:48 AM

I was talking about the E staff having invites only i was talking about the one i am giving up on :)

Okay.........I "Give Up".what U were trying to say............LOL.:lol:

G-Force
06-03-2008, 01:53 AM

Okay.........I "Give Up".what U were trying to say............LOL.:lol:

I just re read my post, sorry that made no sense at all hahaha, what i meant to say was:

I wasn't talking about the "E" Staff only having invites, i was talking about the other tracker i was looking for.

Hope that one made sense :P

killercam101
06-03-2008, 02:29 AM
sct ftn

I can understand FTN but Sct its in reach (the tracker lvl thread said so):naughty:

slimdogp
06-03-2008, 02:55 AM
sct ftn

I can understand FTN but Sct its in reach (the tracker lvl thread said so):naughty:

Meh. If I got a box I would probably seek it/them a little more aggressively. My 0day tastes are pretty main stream. Usually just the popular tv, movies etc. I really don't see any need in getting on another hard to seed tracker when my current ones fill my needs and then some.

Not to say I would turn down an invite :rolleyes: hehe

But I definitely believe people should only keep the trackers they need and forget about the rest. Its a big world out there and you can't be a part of all of it.

tusks
06-03-2008, 03:04 AM
TT. What/Waffles/Trancebooster pretty much covers my electronic music needs for right now. When I run out of music on those trackers, then I might do a request but it doesn't look like that will happen any time soon :)

G-Force
06-03-2008, 03:06 AM

Meh. If I got a box I would probably seek it/them a little more aggressively. My 0day tastes are pretty main stream. Usually just the popular tv, movies etc. I really don't see any need in getting on another hard to seed tracker when my current ones fill my needs and then some.

Not to say I would turn down an invite :rolleyes: hehe

But I definitely believe people should only keep the trackers they need and forget about the rest. Its a big world out there and you can't be a part of all of it.

I agree Slim dog, i have many high level trackers such F***,FSC,FTN,SCT but and the end of the day if i could only have one, i would choose MMA Tracker.

tjbzonasul
06-03-2008, 03:13 AM
I have not given up on any of the ones I would like to join in.
However, seems that invites are getting more and more difficult as time passes...

legom
06-03-2008, 03:57 AM
I haven't given up on anything that I want to join. In fact, the only thing left for me is ScT. As for which high level trackers I don't care about, that would have to be every single tracker that is level 6-10, except one (which I already have).

kondrae
06-03-2008, 04:55 AM
i've given up on TT. Love trance, but seeing a lot of people looking for TT but not getting it. Will just stick with TR for now

I gave up on BCG a long time ago, and then the unthinkable happened. they open'd signups and i was in. :)

.:Him:.
06-03-2008, 05:02 AM
I already have ScT, FTN, BitMeTV, HDBits, What.CD, and more, so there is really nothing left to be desired. However, I have not completely given up on getting into more torrent sites, I just have less interest in seeking invites than I did a few months ago.

If the possibility became realistic of me getting an invite to FSC I would most likely jump on it, but other than that, I have pretty much retired from the world that revolves around seeking invites.

PhillyEagles
06-03-2008, 05:10 AM
i'm close to giving up on swedvdr after reading several threads and people saying how they ban all non swedish ips and how only old accts that are non swedish can stay only. is there possible hope in tti becoming the next swedvdr??? i've read how they have lots of pal dvdr but im not sure how close they are to swedvdr in numbers.

primetime34
06-03-2008, 05:35 AM
I've given up trying to get Waffles....for now. I'll give it a good college try via various resources I have available. Everytime it seems like somebody is willing to invite me invites aren't open, then I miss out when they are and the cycle continues. I'm sure I'll try again, but not right this moment anyway. :)

Skiz
06-03-2008, 06:26 AM
And yer FSC load times are much better these days :)

That's certainly a matter of opinion. :dabs:

sokrates
06-03-2008, 06:40 AM
i have given up on nothing.. well i dont seek to join any sites atm too :P
when i was asked whether i want to join a site many of you so eagerly seek to get i first said: what would i want there? but i remembered darkness posting good things about it.. and as he doesnt talk bullshit all the time like some others i joined it and didnt regret to do so :D
as for swedvdr.. they didnt ban me yet being non swedish and all.. i could care less though as long as my inviter doesnt get into trouble being a good friend^^
i am not the least interested in joining wheelmods.. too much paranoia there..
although security is a big plus ;)

th0r
06-03-2008, 06:48 AM
Yeah im not interested in UK-T or E for my own reasonsso ... what, you want the account for someone else? what do you mean by that?

I was talking about the E staff having invites onlyum ... e**** uploaders have the power to put in invite requests, and the only reason why you have not been given the opportunity is because fst is not exactly the best place to look for one

t0mmy
06-03-2008, 06:52 AM
I've given up trying to get Waffles....for now. I'll give it a good college try via various resources I have available. Everytime it seems like somebody is willing to invite me invites aren't open, then I miss out when they are and the cycle continues. I'm sure I'll try again, but not right this moment anyway. :)

you dont need to give up on that :P its not that hard to get into, if u want you can leave your email with me and ill make sure u'll get in

--------------

and now back on topic, i've been fortunate to get into the trackers i wanted already, the rest is just a bonus, but im content with what ive got now.

Funkin'
06-03-2008, 07:03 AM
I haven't given up on none. Although, I do not look for any invites to torrent sites from here(just don't think it's the best place to get them). There are way better sites to make friends at, and have a higher chance of being accepted to be invited to one of the sites that you want.

My recent account was to a certain ratio-less 0day tracker. Now all I want is another lossless music site, and I'll have all I want(which I only use four sites, I'm not a collector). But since I'm already a member at an awesome lossless music site, then I"m really in no rush to get into the other. It would just be nice to have double the content. But I know I'll get there eventually.

th0r
06-03-2008, 07:05 AM
you know, christmas is not that far away; i would wait it out

Polarbear
06-03-2008, 07:16 AM
Hello all, i was just wondering what trackers you have simply given up on trying to get?

i'm not looking for any tracker, so there's nothing to give up on for me.

jayz707
06-03-2008, 07:46 AM
i pretty much have all the trackers i need. so i am not after any other invites.... as of yet ;)

Disme
06-03-2008, 09:23 AM
Giving up on something means that you are craving for something.

Since I am not craving for any tracker, I can't say I've given up an any tracker either.

Imho requesting something is just begging for something and I don't feel the need to degrade myself for something as trivial as a high level tracker. I believe I will get invited if people read my posts, get to know me, befriend me and believe I could be an asset to their tracker.

I'm too old I guess and have been through a lot in my 'real' life which makes it a lot easier to put all this level-craving into perspective. I won't reject an invite when someone comes up with it but I certainly won't join any tracker just because it has some high level in some thread at some board(s).

So to summarize my attitude: I'll be seeing what comes to me ... and what doesn't. Makes my BT-life a whole lot more relaxed.

Just my 2cents.

G-Force
06-03-2008, 10:37 AM
so ... what, you want the account for someone else? what do you mean by that?

I was talking about the E staff having invites onlyum ... e**** uploaders have the power to put in invite requests, and the only reason why you have not been given the opportunity is because fst is not exactly the best place to look for one

I wrote this post incorrectly, have a look at my next post down. I don't want E or UK-T and never will, and i don't want an account for anyone else?

Giving up on something means that you are craving for something.

Since I am not craving for any tracker, I can't say I've given up an any tracker either.

Imho requesting something is just begging for something and I don't feel the need to degrade myself for something as trivial as a high level tracker. I believe I will get invited if people read my posts, get to know me, befriend me and believe I could be an asset to their tracker.

I'm too old I guess and have been through a lot in my 'real' life which makes it a lot easier to put all this level-craving into perspective. I won't reject an invite when someone comes up with it but I certainly won't join any tracker just because it has some high level in some thread at some board(s).

So to summarize my attitude: I'll be seeing what comes to me ... and what doesn't. Makes my BT-life a whole lot more relaxed.

Just my 2cents.

How the hell does giving up on something mean your craving it? I have never craved for a tracker and never will. I would however like a certain tracker.

stupidcrab
06-03-2008, 11:30 AM
Keep waiting on your mind.

Never Give Up. Maybe you will get in at some lucky day in the future.

Disme
06-03-2008, 12:04 PM
How the hell does giving up on something mean your craving it? I have never craved for a tracker and never will. I would however like a certain tracker.

What I mean is that you cannot give up on something if you don't care if you'll be getting it or not.

And if you wanna see some people that are craving trackers I suggest reading a little in the invite-section ... it's crawling with them.

yayyyyyy
06-03-2008, 12:08 PM
gave up on FTN after I realized what it was :D

Gish
06-03-2008, 09:06 PM
at one point I had them all, FTN, ScT and FSC etc..
but know I just am happy with what I have

F.B.I
06-03-2008, 09:11 PM
Emule here (Yeah I'm retarded).

fOrUmAs
06-03-2008, 09:17 PM
I've gave up on Scl(flower)

Tokeman
06-03-2008, 10:41 PM
Only one left that I really want, and I have not given up yet. Just as the OP, it may be years, who knows.
Yes, the E.

G-Force
06-03-2008, 10:50 PM
Only one left that I really want, and I have not given up yet. Just as the OP, it may be years, who knows.
Yes, the E.

I am not looking for the E, i was saying it was one of the ones im not interested in, the one im after is "R"

JROQuinn
06-03-2008, 11:00 PM
I wouldn't say I've given up on but rather took time off of pursuing a little white animal since I was denied once. No idea why but I'll just wait till I get to know someone or i wont catch it ever at all. Either way I'll survive ;)

RoSsoNeRI
06-04-2008, 12:22 AM
I have almost given up on FTN :dabs:

Tokeman
06-04-2008, 12:26 AM
Yes, the E.

I am not looking for the E, i was saying it was one of the ones im not interested in, the one im after is "R"

Ahh, missed the last part of the last sentence... Been a long day :wacko:

SgtMajor
06-04-2008, 12:31 AM
Yes, the E.

I was sure I read you were actually not interested at one point in the not too distant past, which is prob why you haven't been asked.

And it most certainly is not a tracker :)

G-Force
06-04-2008, 12:55 AM

I was sure I read you were actually not interested at one point in the not too distant past, which is prob why you haven't been asked.

And it most certainly is not a tracker :)

You sure would have Sarge :) but i have been very much so been interested again for certain reasons. I know its not a tracker but for some reason it still seems to get lumped into that category.

I suppose ever since i have joined FSC i have wanted it as i know that it is similar and i spend most of my time lurking around the FSC forums when im online.

Nemrod
06-04-2008, 01:11 AM
Iīve got more than I wanted and I looked for, so, I canīt say I gave up trying to get some site.

The Flying Cow
06-05-2008, 03:14 PM
So this thread is just a convoluted strategy for you to show your friends you want in R***** G-Force?

As for Disme, I seem to read you saying you wouldnt make a request for a tracker because that would make you seem desperate, and yet I saw in Feeling's GA your entry - you wouldn't call that effort to get into a tracker? Does that fall into your "being offered" category?

I can post a link to the thread if your memory is faulty.

As I said before, there's no need to give up on anything. If you have the will, then you'll get wherever you like. It's a matter of choosing your options. You can choose the fast and easier merchant option, or you can choose the longer, but at the end more gratifying getting known and invited there option.

Sanka113
06-05-2008, 03:35 PM
Like they say in Galaxy Quest "Never give up, never surrender!"

maverick_andy
06-05-2008, 04:38 PM
I wil never give UP.

ukgenius
06-05-2008, 08:15 PM
Well im just starting out but i am not even going to bother trying for the higher level sites. From what I have heard you can get all the same benefits from the lower level sites. Well I hope so at least

Horatiu
06-05-2008, 08:25 PM
Well im just starting out but i am not even going to bother trying for the higher level sites. From what I have heard you can get all the same benefits from the lower level sites. Well I hope so at least

Your perception might change after spending some time in here, sadly.

G-Force
06-05-2008, 10:17 PM
So this thread is just a convoluted strategy for you to show your friends you want in BLANK G-Force?

As for Disme, I seem to read you saying you wouldnt make a request for a tracker because that would make you seem desperate, and yet I saw in Feeling's GA your entry - you wouldn't call that effort to get into a tracker? Does that fall into your "being offered" category?

As I said before, there's no need to give up on anything. If you have the will, then you'll get wherever you like. It's a matter of choosing your options. You can choose the fast and easier merchant option, or you can choose the longer, but at the end more gratifying getting known and invited there option.

You fool not once did i reveal the place i was after, now show some respect and edit your post as i know that they don't want there name plastered everywhere!

As for your link, my memory is faulty and if you bothered to read the thread you would see Sgt Major already brought up the thread and i explained my reasons.

The Flying Cow
06-05-2008, 10:57 PM
As for your link, my memory is faulty and if you bothered to read the thread you would see Sgt Major already brought up the thread and i explained my reasons.

The only part of my post that is directed at you, G-Force, is the first sentence.

The next three lines of text are directed at Disme, and the final 2 are directed at the thread itself, and in response to other people's views.

Have I made myself clear now? I can draw a diagram if you wish.

Sure I'll edit my post. I still think there are other avenues you can use to get into your sites, or to show your change of heart, like relay IRC chat, for example, or MSN. No offence intended.

G-Force
06-05-2008, 11:25 PM

The only part of my post that is directed at you, G-Force, is the first sentence.

The next three lines of text are directed at Disme, and the final 2 are directed at the thread itself, and in response to other people's views.

Have I made myself clear now? I can draw a diagram if you wish.

Sure I'll edit my post. I still think there are other avenues you can use to get into your sites, or to show your change of heart, like relay IRC chat, for example, or MSN. No offence intended.

This thread was only to ask the question stated, it had no alternative motive, in fact the only reason anyone knows what site i was talking about is because of the what i told Sgt Major, if it was anyone else asking the question i wouldn't of told them. So go play detective somewhere else.

Disme
06-06-2008, 08:56 AM

My memory isn' faulty at all, but I guess your language skills might be. I was under the impression you were rather skilled when it comes to the English language. :P

I specifically stated I don't request any invites because I feel this is like begging. Where did you see me posting a request for an invite. To my knowledge i just reacted to an offer someone (in casu Feeling) made.
By request I point towards the posts made here at the board that usually start with [REQ] and mostly include ... 'my first request', 'I did a lot for this community', 'my last request', 'my retirement request', etc... I guess you do know what I mean.

If you check my post history you should read it more carefully and take your time for it. If you do you'll see that I've acquired all my invites here at FST like that, by replying to a post where some member offers an invite to someone they see fit.

You could say I am to blame for putting some effort into my reactions but if you check my post history once again you'll see I value the fact members put effort into convincing a member giving away an invite.

Was I waiting/craving for an invite at ScT: NO.
Would I have been sorry if I wouldn't have gotten it: NO.
Was it my dream to get into ScT: NO.
Is an invite to a tracker the highlight of my day/week/month/life: NO.
Do I mock the peeps with titles and sigs in which they state their socalled 'dreams': YES.
Do I show off with my Bt-rep: NO (because I don't feel the need to showoff with it in front of other members, with the sole purpose of acquiring higher level invites.
Do i do public GA's: NO (apart from the initial 2 that included one GA to a tracker that had open signups and one ST-music invite)

I have helped people on this board and have never asked them something in return. I've never sent even one PM requesting a favour to some of the people I helped here)

I did write extensive PM's to members that offered me an invite in private, to reassure them that by inviting me they wouldn't make a mistake by inviting me.

I hope you understand better now what I stand for and what I meant by my post here earlier. If you have any more questions, shoot. I'll be glad to answer them.

:cool:

The Flying Cow
06-06-2008, 10:18 AM
Fair enough, you make a solid case.

I still think that your participation in the ScT GA required the same amount of effort I did making an ScT request. I didn't say it was my dream, or that it was my retirement req, either. I also wasn't crawling for it, just making my interest known.

As for your morals and chivalrous attitudes, I have no doubt about them :D

Cheers

Disme
06-06-2008, 12:21 PM
Fair enough, you make a solid case.

Thx. :cool:

I still think that your participation in the ScT GA required the same amount of effort I did making an ScT request. I didn't say it was my dream, or that it was my retirement req, either. I also wasn't crawling for it, just making my interest known.

I never expressed any personal feelings in regard to your request. But I have seen so much requests that involve the writing of one single sentence like: 'I need that-tracker', that I've grown a little sceptic towards that kind of invite-begging.

I might pull things out of their context and exaggerate a little, but that is only because some people only understand that kind of speech. Especially the ones making requests, and not putting any effort in it or being here for only one month ... what makes it clear to me that if you can't even put any effort in your request/application for a GA, how can youexpect to convince other people that you will act otherwise once you join that tracker.

As for your morals and chivalrous attitudes, I have no doubt about them :D

That's something that comes with age and wisdom :lol:

Cheers