PDA

View Full Version : Is BitTorrent like a game ?

FileZ
06-04-2008, 06:00 PM
Is BT like a game ? i talk about get high lvls Or become member in most trackers and forums Or Use seedbox to buffer acc ...etc

M3nn0
06-04-2008, 06:11 PM
Yes, maxing your connection, help poeple, checking the latest stuff every hour or so, its like a game :)

ISashaI
06-04-2008, 06:32 PM
Almoust like a game you search you wanted trackers in the same time you help others users and buffer you acconts and a lot of things like this
So I can say that Torrents are like a game :P

kojin
06-04-2008, 06:49 PM
BEST GAME EVAR

/fact

Night0wl
06-04-2008, 07:01 PM
Is game a nicer word for obsession?

FileZ
06-04-2008, 07:05 PM
i was afraid to start this topic , but now i believe i am not the only one think that BT like a big great game

thEotheroNe
06-04-2008, 07:13 PM
i never think bittorent like a games, but now than you told that, i think you right.

kojin
06-04-2008, 07:15 PM
It's really more like a big circle-jerk than a game...

Lam3rD
06-04-2008, 07:16 PM
Not just bittorrent, all kinds of piracy are one huge MMORPG :P

Ivanov
06-04-2008, 07:55 PM
I think it's stupid to buffer your account, to check every hour your ratio, use seedboxes and hunt for invites. BT should be sharing, not competition for highest ratio or highest speed.

markupmaster
06-04-2008, 08:05 PM
I have seen people compare Torrents to pokemon many times..

:lol:

F.B.I
06-04-2008, 08:12 PM
That's quite funny... :lol:

Edit: LOL @ dunson (http://filesharingtalk.com/vb3/../../members/dunson-196082)

forthat
06-04-2008, 08:14 PM
yes it some thing like a like but we have to play for years..........

thats the difference.........

calate
06-04-2008, 08:15 PM
I win :D

ahcorac72
06-04-2008, 08:17 PM
yes

0Ri0N
06-04-2008, 08:38 PM
BT is like a tamagotchi, very addictive game.

etqwplaya
06-04-2008, 08:58 PM
I would think people are on BT for warez, but I guess I was wrong :D

dunson
06-04-2008, 09:46 PM
http://www.hfstival.com/gallery/albums/userpics/10148/normal_Internet-SeriousBusiness.jpg

DanielleD87
06-05-2008, 06:38 AM
maybe it is a game to people who are looking for better and isn't a game to the people who already have everything they want?

tX
06-05-2008, 07:06 AM
definitely
Getting higher level trackers, Levels for trackers, Wanting better trackers, Trading trackers for those that do that, paying loads for a seedbox, Buffering up an account for...well... no reason! you never use up that buffer anyway!

binocular
06-05-2008, 08:31 AM
Yes!
And I <3 this game. :P

The Wanderer
06-05-2008, 11:21 AM
A very popular one for some. :lol:

bid888
06-05-2008, 11:29 AM
LOL
a great game!

Ramus
06-05-2008, 11:34 AM
yes indeed it feels like a game.

fcoo
06-05-2008, 11:57 AM
well,our people's lives are also like games.

SingaBoiy
06-05-2008, 01:30 PM
Real life is the game. Dont be playin with my flee leech son!

http://i89.photobucket.com/albums/k216/mrSprinklez/E-thug.jpg
http://www.fbi.gov/hq/cid/ngic/thug.jpg

stupidcrab
06-05-2008, 01:48 PM
A RPG Game .I thought.

jam0980tr
06-05-2008, 02:44 PM
It's 2 ways of sayying this it's a game for people that can't get in
2nd it's not a game for people who have it lmao,well to me tracker's are not a game, FTP game is much better.
but I play the other game on the tracker, how big is your epenis that's the main game lmao

P.s
http://img46.imageshack.us/img46/1133/epenispx9.jpg

lhnz
06-05-2008, 03:12 PM
You're kidding! It's more like a job! ;)

scrabby
06-05-2008, 03:14 PM
No..

tknaught
06-05-2008, 03:58 PM
You're kidding! It's more like a job! ;)

Yeah, for the work it takes to get into some sites, you may as well just buy everything you want :ermm:

kojin
06-05-2008, 04:56 PM
THIS SUBJECT HAS BEEN DECLARED
SERIOUS BUSINESS.

:fear2: :fear: :fear2: :fear: :fear2: :fear: :fear2: :fear: :fear2:

alright folks... here's my analysis of The Four Torrent Personality Types, where we stand in relation to today's decrepit invite system,
and the never ending swirl of faggotry that binds it all together...

THE PLAYERS:
Type 1) A.K.A. Hunters; Zeropaid Members, FST Members; Personality conmen
People who want into [exclusive tracker] to be a part of something cool and exclusive, regardless of its content (which to be fair, is just natural human behavior).

SubType A: very common) A.K.A. MOARs; Powerlevelers; Ingrates
When this type gets access to [exclusive tracker] they remain unsatisfied and want into even MOAR exclusive websites.

Have greatly refined their ability to robotically post pages upon pages of ratio proofs and speedtests.

Composite Types: Type-2A & B
SubType B: common) A.K.A. Over-Defensive Assholes; Child Predators
This type will remain happily within the confines of [exclusive tracker], and venture no further into the torrent world.

They immerse themselves with the community, convinced they are at the ultimate peak of VIP status, eventually becoming dependent on [exclusive tracker].
They over-exaggerate the content/quality of [exclusive tracker], and will even go so far as to disparage any competition solely as a means of convincing themselves that they are the undefeated VIPs of the universe.

Composite Types: Recursive Type NEUTRAL; Type-3A & B

Type 2) A.K.A. Collectors; Traders
The people who don't give a shit about [exclusive tracker] - they're just in it to make money, etc.

SubType A: all too common) A.K.A. Mirror-Jerks; kojin
These are people who like to randomly collect [exclusive tracker] accounts for no purpose other than to randomly collect [exclusive tracker] accounts.

Composite Types: Type-1A
SubType B: somewhat common) A.K.A. Paypals; Rapidtraders; Circle-Jerks
These folk prey on rich people, impulse buyers, CSS/CoD/WoW players looking for gamecodes, and kids with stolen credit cards. They create an estimated 69% of all pre-buffered tracker accounts.

Usually upon finding a rapidshare, or [exclusive tracker] account of exceptional value, they trade said acct for time on a seedbox. Then seeding from their numerous accounts, they create approximately 15% of all illegal torrent traffic on the internet.

Type 3) A.K.A. Audiophiles/Audiosnobs; Videophiles/Videosnobs
The people who actually give a shit about the content on [exclusive tracker].

This is probably 0.1% of people, because the only trackers that anyone really "needs" as far as content goes are TPB, Cinematik, What/Waffles, BCG, and Karagarga.

SubType A: somewhat uncommon) A.K.A. Mirror Jerks; Idiots, etc
This is the type of person who claims they "need" everything (from [exclusive tracker]'s 0day material right down to their DVDR rips), when in reality they don't need any of it, and couldn't care less about x264 vs XviD. This is not only pathetically pretentious, but downright lame, considering everything is eventually spat up everywhere else from the same sources.
Yuh, thats right... in less than 12 hours you're gonna see that precious 0day scene release upped on TPB.

Composite Types: Type-1B
SubType B: very uncommon) A.K.A. OCD (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Obsessive-compulsive_disorder); Librarians; Otaku; Nerds; Audiophiles; Videophiles
This breed of BitTorrent user is often hopelessly OCD with formats, demanding no less than pure DVDR, HiDef, x264, FLAC rips, etc. They willingly rape their HDs with massively oversized files, and are one of the few cases in which the person actually "needs" access to [exclusive tracker focusing on unreasonably large material that would fill up any normal person's HD in less than a day].

Composite Types: Recursive Type NEUTRAL; Type-1B

Type 4) A.K.A. Security Freaks; Anti-Traders
"Invite Trading" has been given a bad name only by people who have access to all the trackers they want. Whilst reveling in their god-like status among the best topsites, they spurn everyone left behind; essentially telling anyone who isn't already a member of [exclusive topsite] to go fuck themselves.

SubType A: somewhat common) A.K.A. Mirror-Jerks; Overly Paranoid Elitists
"Trading is bad!"
"Only invite people you trust!"
"Site security above all else!"
These are the mating calls of the douchebag.
What these people don't realize is that when the authorities want entry to your website, they will gain entry to your website.
No Exceptions.

What they also seem to forget is that often invites to [exclusive tracker] are difficult to obtain, and resorting to trades is basically the only way to get in. It's difficult to 'become friends' with someone who has invites when you have no idea who has access.

Composite Types: Recursive Type NEUTRAL;Type-1A & B; Type-3A & B
SubType B: very uncommon) A.K.A. Scene Reps; FTP Reps; The Real FBI Prey
You might come across this rare breed in some forum, or maybe a private chat, but you will never know who they represent. They rightfully spurn all P2P engines & trackers for putting them at personal risk, claiming that to leak their 'private' releases anywhere but topsites will ruin FTP for everyone.

Composite Types: Recursive Type NEUTRAL; Type-3B

Recursive Type NEUTRAL) A.K.A. Member; User; Power User; Normal People

Probably the most appealing personality type in the world of BitTorrent tracking. This person has a life, a job, a girlfriend/boyfriend, and usually doesn't give a shit about a tracker's 'level' or 'ranking', so long as it works. They want only a handful of good, clean sources for pirated material.

Composite Types: Type-1B; Type-3B; Type-4A & B

Recursive Type $$$) A.K.A. Scammers; Cheaters
These people will take your money or anything of value, such as [exclusive tracker] account of exceptional value, without returning the favor, and sell/trade it for something better. Not to be trusted. If suspicious, use a middleman.

Composite Types: Can apply to all

in conclusion, it seems that getting leet and getting laid are mutually exclusive. :dry:

and tonight i got neither...

jayz707
06-05-2008, 05:54 PM
it once was a hot game that i was addicted to... but now its just a means to acquire stuff that i need in my daily life.

and its always fun to share... like upload a rare file just so one or two people who have your same taste can enjoy it. it feels goood when you can share/help people out.

SERIOUS BUSINESS.

alright folks... here's my analysis of The Four Torrent Personality Types, where we stand in relation to today's decrepit invite system,

THE PLAYERS:
People who want into [exclusive tracker] to be a part of something cool and exclusive, regardless of its content (which to be fair, is just natural human behavior).

SubType A: very common) A.K.A. MOARs; Powerlevelers; Ingrates
When this type gets access to [exclusive tracker] they remain unsatisfied and want into even MOAR exclusive websites.

Have greatly refined their ability to robotically post pages upon pages of ratio proofs and speedtests.

Composite Types: Type-2A & B
This type will remain happily within the confines of [exclusive tracker], and venture no further into the torrent world.

They immerse themselves with the community, convinced they are at the ultimate peak of VIP status, eventually becoming dependent on [exclusive tracker].
They over-exaggerate the content/quality of [exclusive tracker], and will even go so far as to disparage any competition solely as a means of convincing themselves that they are the undefeated VIPs of the universe.

Composite Types: Recursive Type NEUTRAL; Type-3A & B

Type 2) A.K.A. Collectors; Traders
The people who don't give a shit about [exclusive tracker] - they're just in it to make money, etc.

SubType A: all too common) A.K.A. Mirror-Jerks; kojin
These are people who like to randomly collect [exclusive tracker] accounts for no purpose other than to randomly collect [exclusive tracker] accounts.

SubType B: somewhat common) A.K.A. Paypals; Rapidtraders; Circle-Jerks
These folk prey on rich people, impulse buyers, CSS/CoD/WoW players looking for gamecodes, and kids with stolen credit cards. They create an estimated 69% of all pre-buffered tracker accounts.

Usually upon finding a rapidshare, or [exclusive tracker] account of exceptional value, they trade said acct for time on a seedbox. Then seeding from their numerous accounts, they create approximately 15% of all illegal torrent traffic on the internet.

This is probably 0.1% of people, because the only trackers that anyone really "needs" as far as content goes are TPB, Cinematik, What/Waffles, BCG, and Karagarga.

SubType A: somewhat uncommon) A.K.A. Mirror Jerks; Idiots, etc
This is the type of person who claims they "need" everything (from [exclusive tracker]'s 0day material right down to their DVDR rips), when in reality they don't need any of it, and couldn't care less about x264 vs XviD. This is not only pathetically pretentious, but downright lame, considering everything is eventually spat up everywhere else from the same sources.
Yuh, thats right... in less than 12 hours you're gonna see that precious 0day scene release upped on TPB.

Composite Types: Type-1B
SubType B: very uncommon) A.K.A. OCD (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Obsessive-compulsive_disorder); Librarians; Otaku; Nerds; Audiophiles; Videophiles
This breed of BitTorrent user is often hopelessly OCD with formats, demanding no less than pure DVDR, HiDef, x264, FLAC rips, etc. They willingly rape their HDs with massively oversized files, and are one of the few cases in which the person actually "needs" access to [exclusive tracker focusing on unreasonably large material that would fill up any normal person's HD in less than a day].

Type 4) A.K.A. Security Freaks; Anti-Traders
"Invite Trading" has been given a bad name only by people who have access to all the trackers they want. Whilst reveling in their god-like status among the best topsites, they spurn everyone left behind; essentially telling anyone who isn't already a member of [exclusive topsite] to go fuck themselves.

SubType A: somewhat common) A.K.A. Mirror-Jerks; Overly Paranoid Elitists
"Trading is bad!"
"Only invite people you trust!"
"Site security above all else!"
These are the mating calls of the douchebag.
What these people don't realize is that when the authorities want entry to your website, they will gain entry to your website.
No Exceptions.

What they also seem to forget is that often invites to [exclusive tracker] are difficult to obtain, and resorting to trades is basically the only way to get in. It's difficult to 'become friends' with someone who has invites when you have no idea who has access.

Composite Types: Recursive Type NEUTRAL;Type-1A & B; Type-3A & B
SubType B: very uncommon) A.K.A. Scene Reps; FTP Reps; The Real FBI Prey
You might come across this rare breed in some forum, or maybe a private chat, but you will never know who they represent. They rightfully spurn all P2P engines & trackers for putting them at personal risk, claiming that to leak their 'private' releases anywhere but topsites will ruin FTP for everyone.

Composite Types: Recursive Type NEUTRAL; Type-3B

Recursive Type NEUTRAL) A.K.A. Member; User; Power User; Normal People

Probably the most appealing personality type in the world of BitTorrent tracking. This person has a life, a job, a girlfriend/boyfriend, and usually doesn't give a shit about a tracker's 'level' or 'ranking', so long as it works. They want only a handful of good, clean sources for pirated material.

Composite Types: Type-1B; Type-3B; Type-4A & B

Recursive Type $$$) A.K.A. Scammers; Cheaters
These people will take your money or anything of value, such as [exclusive tracker] account of exceptional value, without returning the favor, and sell/trade it for something better. Not to be trusted. If suspicious, use a middleman.

Composite Types: Can apply to all

in conclusion, it seems that getting leet and getting laid are mutually exclusive. :dry:

nice analysis... :)
but i should say that there are more classes of people... ex:- sceners who love p2p! :P

FACE_TO_FACE
06-05-2008, 06:27 PM
Its a game and a business for some people ;)

kojin
06-05-2008, 06:49 PM
i should say that there are more classes of people... ex:- sceners who love p2p! :Pinteresting :sly:

care to contribute?

FileZ
06-05-2008, 07:44 PM
i would say that BT sites like drags also u must see it every day , u feel not normal if u didn't see it for one or two days

DV8type
06-05-2008, 08:24 PM

THE PLAYERS:
[INDENT] SubType A: very common) A.K.A. MOARs; Powerlevelers; Ingrates

[INDENT]Composite Types: Type-2A & B

That was CLASSIC! Did you do that?
:glag:

Polarbear
06-05-2008, 08:27 PM
i would say that BT sites like drags also u must see it every day

are there a lot of men who like to drag in your neighbourhood? what's the latest fashion? :huh:

just kidding. let me correct your sentence. i guess you meant:

i would say that BT sites are like drag. you must change them everyday. u feel not normal if u didn't change it for one or two days

that makes more sense. ;)

sacebac
06-05-2008, 09:10 PM
For me BT its not a game........

And for you guys:

GAME OVER!!!!!!!:P

LoKaLiRi
06-06-2008, 12:22 AM
it's not a game , it's our illegal future :P

kojin
06-06-2008, 01:33 AM
i would say that BT sites like drags also u must see it every day , u feel not normal if u didn't see it for one or two daysFuckin' learn english bro.

Are you saying the BT userbase is full of transvestites?

That was CLASSIC! Did you do that?
:glag:yuhp

/r/ life plz :dry:

DanielleD87
06-06-2008, 07:12 AM
but topsites will ruin FTP for everyone.
you seem to have a typo as presented above. don't you mean torrent sites?

kojin
06-06-2008, 08:31 AM
but topsites will ruin FTP for everyone.
you seem to have a typo as presented above. don't you mean torrent sites?Right you are

I'll fix it as soon as I start giving a shit

ukgenius
06-06-2008, 08:01 PM
Dude its exactly like a game. And one of the most annoying games i ever played

Night0wl
06-06-2008, 11:18 PM
SERIOUS BUSINESS.

THE PLAYERS:

lol. nice analysis. That would be me for music... haven't really got that crazy about HD video.

Although I don't agree at all about "massively oversized files"

max59x
06-07-2008, 05:17 PM
For some yes. For me, It's the way to get the DVD's/CD's I want and can't afford to buy them all.

And some community's are nice too. ;)

nthpeter
06-07-2008, 05:35 PM
Its like a game for me (till i have my seedbox. Then i'll dl 0.2% of the buffer on these trackers :) )

asoto
06-07-2008, 06:56 PM
LoL I want Porsche for my birthday.

waki
06-08-2008, 01:03 AM
good question...

i don't think it's a game for me. i just dl what i need, making friends via irc & forums.
sometimes u 'need' new sites to dl another content / make new friends / etc.
that's why i'd like to get into a new promising site usually.

i'm not collecting them, not ranking them, not trading them. so don't think it's a game for me then :)

lackoflife
06-08-2008, 01:55 AM
you can think of it like that

Funkin'
06-08-2008, 05:30 AM
Yes, it is a game. A game that has become very, very, boring for me lately. Luckily I've found newsgroups. So downloading has become very fun for me once again. Except now I max out my connection with every single download, and I don't have to bother with seeding.

DanielleD87
06-08-2008, 06:06 AM
good question...

i don't think it's a game for me. i just dl what i need, making friends via irc & forums.

i'm not collecting them, not ranking them, not trading them. so don't think it's a game for me then :)
awesome waki. you sound like the type of person i'd give an invite to on sites you're not on. :D

helpme
06-08-2008, 08:16 AM
hell yea
its nice game

waki
06-08-2008, 12:49 PM
good question...

awesome waki. you sound like the type of person i'd give an invite to on sites you're not on. :D
thanks Danielle :)

Sylar666
06-08-2008, 07:21 PM
1.I only Download what I want and when I want (I have reasonable amount of buffer on any sites).
2. Nice to get to know great dudes from all over the world (sharing the interest of the same hobby)
3. At the end of the day it is a passion, a lifestyle (in a way), but still a game. A very addictive one. But at certain point You lose the obsession, not chasing record - buffers anymore and happy with what You have. And then You might even share Your invites or/ and experiences with the newcomers. The circle ends... :)

tknaught
06-08-2008, 09:00 PM
Most trackers are like an RPG really. You keep uploading to gain experience until you level up to Power User etc.

InXS
06-09-2008, 09:51 PM
It can be a game if you make it one

MadIrish
06-10-2008, 01:18 AM
No, it isn't.

Its a file sharing protocol, one which I love using to download and share movies, tv shows, games, music and whatever else that I otherwise wouldn't be able to have access to or afford.

I guess you can make a game out of it, but that's totally missing what the whole thing should be about imho. P2P is the last bastion of pure socialism, where everyone is inherently equal and people unite simply in their desire to help others and share things they enjoy with other likeminded individuals, regardless of social status, religion, race, sex or nationality. That might be an impossibly idealistic view, but I genuinely believe it, and in a way it saddens me to see so many people believe bittorrent to be a game or a competition instead.

It doesn't matter one bit what sites you're on, what arbitrary level someone else has decided those sites are, or how much better or quicker or whatever the sites you don't have access to are. What matters is that you're getting to exchange information, ideas, and things you enjoy with others who feel the same. Any game that can be made out of that seems soulless and futile to me, and in the end must surely leave anyone trying to play it emmensely dissatisfied? I know it would me.