PDA

View Full Version : The Players

kojin
06-06-2008, 02:33 AM
THIS SUBJECT HAS BEEN DECLARED
SERIOUS BUSINESS.

alright folks, the reply didn't do it justice, so here's the official post of shit nobody cares about...
The Four Torrent Personality Types, where we stand in relation to today's decrepit invite system, and the never ending swirl of faggotry that binds it all together...

THE PLAYERS:
Type 1) A.K.A. Hunters; Zeropaid Members, FST Members; Personality conmen
People who want into [exclusive tracker] to be a part of something cool and exclusive, regardless of its content (which to be fair, is just natural human behavior).

SubType A: very common) A.K.A. MOARs; Powerlevelers; Ingrates; Beggars
When this type gets access to [exclusive tracker] they remain unsatisfied and want into even MOAR exclusive websites.

Have greatly refined their ability to robotically post pages upon pages of ratio proofs and speedtests.

Composite Types: Type-2A & B
SubType B: common) A.K.A. Over-Defensive Assholes; Child Predators
This type will remain happily within the confines of [exclusive tracker], and venture no further into the torrent world.

They immerse themselves with the community, convinced they are at the ultimate peak of VIP status, eventually becoming dependent on [exclusive tracker].
They over-exaggerate the content/quality of [exclusive tracker], and will even go so far as to disparage any competition solely as a means of convincing themselves that they are the undefeated VIPs of the universe.

Composite Types: Recursive Type NEUTRAL; Type-3A & B

Type 2) A.K.A. Collectors; Traders
The people who don't give a shit about [exclusive tracker] - they're just in it to make money, etc.

SubType A: all too common) A.K.A. Mirror-Jerks; kojin
These are people who like to randomly collect [exclusive tracker] accounts for no purpose other than to randomly collect [exclusive tracker] accounts.

Composite Types: Type-1A
SubType B: somewhat common) A.K.A. Paypals; Rapidtraders; Circle-Jerks
These folk prey on rich people, impulse buyers, CSS/CoD/WoW players looking for gamecodes, and kids with stolen credit cards. They create an estimated 69% of all pre-buffered tracker accounts.

Usually upon finding a rapidshare, or [exclusive tracker] account of exceptional value, they trade said acct for time on a seedbox. Then seeding from their numerous accounts, they create approximately 15% of all illegal torrent traffic on the internet.

Composite Types: Type-1A

Type 3) A.K.A. Audiophiles/Audiosnobs; Videophiles/Videosnobs
The people who actually give a shit about the content on [exclusive tracker].

This is probably 0.1% of people, because the only trackers that anyone really "needs" as far as content goes are TPB, Cinematik, What/Waffles, BCG, and Karagarga.

SubType A: somewhat uncommon) A.K.A. Mirror Jerks; Idiots, etc
This is the type of person who claims they "need" everything (from [exclusive tracker]'s 0day material right down to their DVDR rips), when in reality they don't need any of it, and couldn't care less about x264 vs XviD. This is not only pathetically pretentious, but downright lame, considering everything is eventually spat up everywhere else from the same sources.
Yuh, thats right... in less than 12 hours you're gonna see that precious 0day scene release upped on TPB.

Composite Types: Type-1A & B
SubType B: very uncommon) A.K.A. OCD (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Obsessive-compulsive_disorder); Librarians; Otaku; Nerds; Audiophiles; Videophiles
This breed of BitTorrent user is often hopelessly OCD with formats, demanding no less than pure DVDR, HiDef, x264, FLAC rips, etc. They willingly rape their HDs with massively oversized files, and are one of the few cases in which the person actually "needs" access to [exclusive tracker focusing on unreasonably large material that would fill up any normal person's HD in less than a day].

Composite Types: Recursive Type NEUTRAL; Type-1B

Type 4) A.K.A. Security Freaks; Anti-Traders
"Invite Trading" has been given a bad name only by people who have access to all the trackers they want. Whilst reveling in their god-like status among the best topsites, they spurn everyone left behind; essentially telling anyone who isn't already a member of [exclusive topsite] to go fuck themselves.

SubType A: somewhat common) A.K.A. Mirror-Jerks; Overly Paranoid Elitists
"Trading is bad!"
"Only invite people you trust!"
"Site security above all else!"
These are the mating calls of the douchebag.
What these people don't realize is that when the authorities want entry to your website, they will gain entry to your website.
No Exceptions.

What they also seem to forget is that often invites to [exclusive tracker] are difficult to obtain, and resorting to trades is basically the only way to get in. It's difficult to 'become friends' with someone who has invites when you have no idea who has access.

Composite Types: Recursive Type NEUTRAL;Type-1A & B; Type-3A & B
SubType B: very uncommon) A.K.A. Scene Reps; FTP Reps; The Real FBI Prey
You might come across this rare breed in some forum, or maybe a private chat, but you will never know who they represent. They rightfully spurn all P2P engines & trackers for putting them at personal risk, claiming that to leak their 'private' releases anywhere but topsites will ruin FTP for everyone.

Composite Types: Recursive Type NEUTRAL; Type-3B

Recursive Type NEUTRAL) A.K.A. Member; User; Power User; Normal People

Probably the most appealing personality type in the world of BitTorrent tracking. This person has a life, a job, a girlfriend/boyfriend, and usually doesn't give a shit about a tracker's 'level' or 'ranking', so long as it works. They want only a handful of good, clean sources for pirated material.

Composite Types: Type-1B; Type-3B; Type-4A & B

Recursive Type $$$) A.K.A. Scammers; Cheaters
These people will take your money or anything of value, such as [exclusive tracker] account of exceptional value, without returning the favor, and sell/trade it for something better. Not to be trusted. If suspicious, use a middleman.

Composite Types: Can apply to all
so yeah, it seems getting leet and getting laid are mutually exclusive. :dry:

SgtMajor
06-06-2008, 03:38 AM
I'm an ardent fapper, where do I fit in?

/I know, I'm just a wanker.

killercam101
06-06-2008, 03:47 AM
It reads "Another useless thread"- Sincerely Type: ASS

dunson
06-06-2008, 03:59 AM
:lol: Great post. I'm not sure where I fit in, I think I'm Type 3B.

JROQuinn
06-06-2008, 04:15 AM

/I know, I'm just a wanker.

i have an addiction, i must fap @ least 3 times a day so dont feel bad :ermm:

tknaught
06-06-2008, 04:21 AM
3B here.

kojin
06-06-2008, 04:34 AM
Recursive Type JERC

(Composite Type: applied to all)

JROQuinn
06-06-2008, 04:40 AM
& me the chronic masturbater? Where do I fall in at?

maverick_andy
06-06-2008, 04:47 AM
leave about all. let me know where u fit in:naughty:.

kojin
06-06-2008, 04:49 AM
& me the chronic masturbater? Where do I fall in at?

Dude just make up your own Recursive type

This shit is open-source

JROQuinn
06-06-2008, 05:01 AM
Recursive type Perverts) Chronic pr0n addict...beastiality,incest, she-male, scat, goldenshowers etc

People who watch & act on this, are fkn mental rejects & need to be shot!

add that in for me please, cuz thats a handful of us

Ramus
06-06-2008, 12:19 PM
4 Recursive Type NEUTRAL

orfik
06-09-2008, 03:42 AM
Wow. Loser.

DeadCell
06-09-2008, 06:47 AM
epic post...pointless yet somehow epic.

1000possibleclaws
06-09-2008, 07:01 AM
what the hell does mirror jerk mean? its not on urban dictionary, and when you Google it the hits are just coincidences of both words being side by side..

x264 scene rips look alot better then xvids when maximixed on any decent monitor. I don't solely download them, but I wouldn't call ppl who download them videophiles.

Detale
06-09-2008, 07:12 AM
epic post...pointless yet somehow epic.

Nope just pointless

Skiz
06-09-2008, 07:16 AM
Stuck, for posterity. :happy:

Bionic
06-09-2008, 08:13 AM
what the hell does mirror jerk mean? its not on urban dictionary, and when you Google it the hits are just coincidences of both words being side by side..

That's just opposite of your Sex! lol.

wevotedno
06-09-2008, 09:58 AM
Changing types, according to daily me i guess. Nice post it must have taken a lot of time out of lets say..being with your girlfriend?

:)

we should all go to hxxp://www.nyx.net/~dnadams/gal.html

c ya

markupmaster
06-09-2008, 06:45 PM
I bet that actually took a bit of time to make!

:lol:

soulreaper
06-09-2008, 06:52 PM
Hi Kojin. Your thread reeks of truth and you've basically summed up BT in an absolutely astounding manner! Great writing skills.Heck,I'd say be a journo.

Nice to see brilliance gets recognised and deserves to be stickied imo.

DKre8ive1
06-10-2008, 01:19 AM
Dr Phil is on FST. :lol:

kyrcer
06-10-2008, 08:12 AM
:lol: what a subject. :-P

Tranquill
06-10-2008, 10:19 AM
You forgot those idiots that have poor English or are just plain 15 year old boys.

Guyzzz this trakar is my dream!!!!1111oneone
invite me plz plz
I will be gratful!!

Example :
http://filesharingtalk.com/vb3/f-bittorrent-invites-90/t-req-need-ftn-294409

Also the people that have no lifes, acting like a tracker invite will improve there life greatly.

Example:
http://filesharingtalk.com/vb3/f-bittorrent-invites-90/t-well-damn-guys-its-my-birthday-299360
http://filesharingtalk.com/vb3/f-bittorrent-invites-90/t-ptn-humble-request--298104

you wish for a torrent invite for your birthday what the fuck, I mean I would rather a new car, ipod, ps3 something fucking decent.

Something Else
06-10-2008, 01:48 PM
Wot about teh staffers cawkmunch. :eyebrows:

jasperr
06-10-2008, 02:33 PM
And this thread is about what exactly....??? I mean, outside of you trying to get your 15mins of fame here???

pointless.... simply pointless! :frusty:

forthat
06-10-2008, 03:40 PM
me definitely comes to 3-B...
With about dought........i love 1080

sleepyy
06-10-2008, 07:00 PM
Another great way to confuse the noobs i thought this torrent business was hard enough at first anyway this will scare them more i hope they just avoid this and go on their way as originally planned.

If you don't like a certain user just put them on ignore, done with you will not see them anymore.

F3n1x
06-11-2008, 09:40 PM
Recursive Type NEUTRAL) A.K.A. Member; User; Power User; Normal People

I think that's my type actually.

The Flying Cow
06-12-2008, 12:56 AM
epic post.

Seconded. This is a piece of acute psychoanalytic literature.

Dr Phil is on FST. :lol:

He is.

Wot about teh staffers cawkmunch. :eyebrows:

I presume he doesn't know any.

Type 3) A.K.A. Audiophiles/Audiosnobs; Videophiles/Videosnobs
SubType B): very uncommon A.K.A. OCD; Librarians; Otaku; Nerds; Audiophiles; Videophiles

BTW WTH is Otaku and OCD? :blink:

ghurka
06-12-2008, 03:43 PM
Stuck, for posterity. :happy:You do realise that you'll get more stick for doing that than the OP :P

jasperr
06-12-2008, 04:48 PM
BTW WTH is Otaku and OCD? :blink:

have no idea about Otaku .... but OCD = Obsessive Compulsive Disorder ... in other words, people who severely obsess over things and can't control it...in this case trackers

kojin
06-14-2008, 07:42 AM
Sticky wtf?? Now I have to update this shit. :D

Otaku is a japanese term for reclusive/obsessive fans of japanese memorabilia, anime, music, etc.
I fall under that category.

asoto
06-14-2008, 03:49 PM
hmm shit fucked up story i fit in 'Type 5'. ;[

uncomment
06-15-2008, 02:22 AM
I think that I'm Type3B

j51im
06-15-2008, 05:55 AM
I am a fairly solid mix of 3b, 4a, and Recursive Type Neutral. I like the post but I'll bet if we think there are a few more types.

shawn21
06-18-2008, 02:11 AM
funny stuff here lol

kojin
06-18-2008, 07:01 PM
I am a fairly solid mix of 3b, 4a, and Recursive Type Neutral. I like the post but I'll bet if we think there are a few more types.By all means post suggestions. Just as long as it pertains to bittorrent/illegal downloading.

mievmo
06-19-2008, 01:03 PM
Hmmm, ok.

bikernin
06-20-2008, 05:38 AM
coolest sticky eva! good job.

Sylar666
06-20-2008, 06:04 AM
These categoties are dynamic - people change with the amount of time spent with Bittorrenting. Some may get addicted, some just find the right proportion, and utilize this technology. Aside from that You cannot categorize purely - it has to me more elaborate. But I like the whole idea of this - have never read anything like that here. Thank You for this thread.

Funkin'
06-25-2008, 06:49 AM
Lol...I loved everything of Type4. Especially:

"Trading is bad!"
"Only invite people you trust!"
"Site security above all else!"
These are the mating calls of the douchebag.

There are so many of these so-called "elite" douchebags around here that it's not even funny.

Great post kojin.