PDA

View Full Version : Do you still watch Television?

100%
06-06-2008, 10:43 PM
We only have antennae and all of a sudden tv world goes bloody digital. She only watches news and the occasional no brainer serie.
Fuckem i aint paying for ads.

So how to hook up the web to tv so she gets an almost similar experience? (or better)

JPaul
06-06-2008, 10:54 PM
Five to twelve.

100%
06-06-2008, 10:58 PM
inches?

NZBZ4U
06-06-2008, 11:02 PM
tv sucks xvids rule

callum
06-06-2008, 11:09 PM
I just voted never, while watching Paul Weller on Friday Night With Jonathan Ross.

I didn't think that through.

IdolEyes787
06-06-2008, 11:19 PM
Occasionally.Sometimes even with the power on.

chamaeleo
06-06-2008, 11:22 PM
that subscription is 10 euros of hard earned cash. no way I'm going to waste money,
I make sure to watch as much as possible
also there's always a south park on

Something Else
06-06-2008, 11:31 PM
I can't get any reception where I live. :eyebrows:
I have zattoo but only use it to watch match of the day.

Snee
06-06-2008, 11:36 PM
When I'm at home I pretty much never watch any of the channels I have anymore. I guess I watch TV as its screen is way better than my computer screen, so I've connected it to my PC, but I don't watch stuff that's broadcast for TV.

When I'd just moved in here I used to watch stuff like Stargate Atlantis on one of the commercial channels, but nowadays I just download any series I feel like watching. Waiting for any channel here to catch up seems pointless.

When I'm on t'countryside, or visiting people I sometimes end up watching stuff on movie channels, and every once in a while other stuff like our sci-fi channel, or some discovery.

Given that I don't watch any of the state run ones I also refuse to pay the license fee, which we are supposed to pay here just for owning a telly, apropos of watching TV. If they truly think it's public service they ought to fund it with tax money, but create legislation to keep politicians from influencing its content. TV-license fees which make up a fixed sum per household and the like are a fucking travesty. Like a penalty on the poor and/or single.

lee551
06-06-2008, 11:46 PM
if my cable wasn't free i don't know if i could justify paying for it. i like to leave the news on all day and catch stuff. sometimes i think channel surfing is therapeutic.

The Flying Cow
06-07-2008, 12:28 AM
Mulder needs to trim his haire.

I watch a show or a movie here or there. Just finished watching Karate Kid I, for example, as it came on the telly, and I remembered that picture from my childhood.

So yeah, I'll watch some, but only because I don't pay for any of it.

Hairbautt
06-07-2008, 01:06 AM
I rarely have time anymore. I mostly tune in for local news, but I do occasionally watch a few shows which I always end up recording on my VCR. Which just now broke. :dabs:

Fuck.

I just watch the episodes on the internets now. Usenet, :smilie4:.

J-dye
06-07-2008, 02:16 PM
no wai . my tv doesnt have a remote :dabs: , i broke it

so its a pain manually changing the channel and i had to sit through all the advertising shit they show , so i decided not to watch it

ffs 3rd edit. interweb FTW

Mr. Mulder
06-07-2008, 02:24 PM
i'll watch bbc three and four on a night sometimes and the occasional film.

and big brother

tesco
06-07-2008, 02:25 PM
I watch it to fall asleep when I'm laying in my bed.
Rarely watching it any other time anymore. Used to all the time when I was a kid...

Now I watch shows that I download, why should i watch them when the tv tells me to?

J-dye
06-07-2008, 02:27 PM
I watch it to fall asleep when I'm laying in my bed.
Rarely watching it any other time anymore. Used to all the time when I was a kid...

Now I watch shows that I download, why should i watch them when the tv tells me to?

tv talks to you ? :unsure:

Mr. Mulder
06-07-2008, 02:41 PM
i'll watch bbc three and four on a night sometimes and the occasional film.

and big brother
and also star trek and sexcetera on virgin1

Barbarossa
06-07-2008, 10:28 PM
I watch it all the time. I'm too lazy to choose what to watch, so I take what I'm given :dabs:

enoughfakefiles
06-08-2008, 10:45 AM
I watch it all the time. I'm too lazy to choose what to watch, so I take what I'm given :dabs:

I'm like that :underthethumb: