PDA

View Full Version : oh crap! - Bystanders Ignore Hit-and-Run Victim

Hairbautt
06-07-2008, 01:14 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J_E3ldpFbjo
:view: AOL News: Bystanders Ignore Hit-and-Run Victim (http://news.aol.com/story/_a/bystanders-ignore-hit-and-run-victim/20080605164309990001?ncid=AOLDSN00280000000001)

Nevermind the deer, have ya'll seen this? :dabs: Just what the fuck were those two drivers doing?!

fisherman
06-07-2008, 01:50 AM
Just unfortunate the lazy cop was too full after eating too many doughnuts and went to fart out on the street so none of his collegues could smell him, now look where it got him.

Hairbautt
06-07-2008, 02:14 AM
Just unfortunate the lazy cop was too full after eating too many doughnuts and went to fart out on the street so none of his collegues could smell him, now look where it got him.
What the fuck are you talking about.

Get out.

chamaeleo
06-07-2008, 02:20 AM
people really suck

fisherman
06-07-2008, 02:42 AM
What the fuck are you talking about.

Get out.

What?

Are you joking me ?

Yes fair enough he got knocked down and I feel sorry him but life can and is poxy!

I have serious probs in my life without worring about some fucker that I don't know. In the kip I live in I see much worse that that from time to time so yeah this is the net and to be honest I couln't give a shit about the guy in the video.

Detale
06-07-2008, 06:07 AM
people really suck

Exibit A:

I have serious probs in my life without worring about some fucker that I don't know. In the kip I live in I see much worse that that from time to time so yeah this is the net and to be honest I couln't give a shit about the guy in the video.

Wow talk about insensitive. Some fucker!? Dude it was a person, an old man no less. I don't know if he died or what but that still sucks big time. You said you could give a fuck but that just shows your ignorance. Do you think it makes you sound cool to reply this way? To me it sounds like you would be one of those asshole people doing nothing while that helpless man lays there. What if that were your father or grandfather or even someone you would know? You say you've seen much worse sure I'm sure a great deal of us have, as you said it is the internet, but that doesn't make this any less fucked up. I really hope when you are a very old man that something like this doesn't happen to you. Because I'm sure if you were laying in the street helpless you would pray to whatever you believe in hoping you didn't die alone in the street.
OK so I'm still annoyed at your response Dude you suck ass for saying that. If you have truly seen worse than you would be a touch more compassionate to this poor poor man. Emerald Isle huh? You are a shame on the Irish and I hope you never know what this man feels like. Idiot

bigboab
06-07-2008, 06:12 AM
I think the first person went back in the shop to phone. Sadly just a reflection of the modern day western society. People are frightened to get involved in anything.:(

Detale
06-07-2008, 07:10 AM
Now lets not turn this into a Euro vs USA thing please. Many many people would stop and help immediately as I and hundreds of other construction workers helped with the recovery effort the 3 nights after 911 here in NYC it just so happens people seemed to gawk more at this poor old man rather than try and help him. People in general suck ass not just U.S. Americans. :)

Mr. Mulder
06-07-2008, 08:17 AM
penguins > people

Snee
06-07-2008, 10:35 AM
So I've been wondering about how it looked when seedler got run over.

Thnx for pics.

Snee
06-07-2008, 10:37 AM
Now lets not turn this into a Euro vs USA thing please. Many many people would stop and help immediately as I and hundreds of other construction workers helped with the recovery effort the 3 nights after 911 here in NYC it just so happens people seemed to gawk more at this poor old man rather than try and help him. People in general suck ass not just U.S. Americans. :)

What the fuck are you on about? :blink:

Skiz
06-07-2008, 11:08 AM
It's obviously a response to bigboab's jab at "western society".

Detale (and I) presume he means the USA as that is where the incident took place.

100%
06-07-2008, 11:19 AM
The sun was full frontal in their eyes, does not really help as an excuse.

Skiz
06-07-2008, 11:20 AM
Exibit A:

Wow talk about insensitive. Some fucker!? Dude it was a person, an old man no less. I don't know if he died or what but that still sucks big time. You said you could give a fuck but that just shows your ignorance. Do you think it makes you sound cool to reply this way? To me it sounds like you would be one of those asshole people doing nothing while that helpless man lays there. What if that were your father or grandfather or even someone you would know? You say you've seen much worse sure I'm sure a great deal of us have, as you said it is the internet, but that doesn't make this any less fucked up. I really hope when you are a very old man that something like this doesn't happen to you. Because I'm sure if you were laying in the street helpless you would pray to whatever you believe in hoping you didn't die alone in the street.
OK so I'm still annoyed at your response Dude you suck ass for saying that. If you have truly seen worse than you would be a touch more compassionate to this poor poor man. Emerald Isle huh? You are a shame on the Irish and I hope you never know what this man feels like. Idiot

I'm not certain of his exact condition but I've read one article stating he is "paralyzed and remains in critical condition."

Another said, "The victim's daughter, who cried openly at the press conference, said that her father was fighting for his life from his hospital bed."

Fucking tragic.

Squeamous
06-07-2008, 11:24 AM
'Western Society' does not refer exclusively to the US. It refers to the British as well. You remember us? We're that little island off the coast of Europe that looks like a lady wearing a dress.

Fuckwits.

And yes, it is a disgrace that anyone would walk past anyone in need of help, let alone stand and take photographs of them.

Skiz
06-07-2008, 11:32 AM
Who said "western world" references don't include the UK? No one. Let's not put words in my mouth.

I never said it referred to the USA exclusively either.

It seemed implied to more than myself that the reference was directed at the USA seeing as the incident occurred there. If I'm wrong, surely bigboab will speak up and correct us.

Squeamous
06-07-2008, 11:36 AM
I think perhaps what threw you is the self-effacing nature of your average Brit...it's a bit of a national trait. No-one enjoys slagging off the British as much as them themselves. Therefore, when something shitty happens in the US as a result of a corrupt society it seems perfectly natural for us to ride in its wake in a desperate attempt to absorb some of the shame.

EHS

j2k4
06-07-2008, 12:10 PM
Laying aside the latest trend wherein all such cars seem to be driven by illegal aliens, I'd say there are some parallels in the behaviors of the driver and the onlookers.

"Afraid to get involved" has morphed into "not my problem".

Life is a fucking movie for too many people, as demonstrated by our colleague fisherman, who, as he says, "has serious probs in my life".

Whatever problems he may have, empathy is certainly not amongst them.

bigboab
06-07-2008, 12:11 PM

Detale (and I) presume he means the USA as that is where the incident took place.

You presumed wrongly.:(

j2k4
06-07-2008, 12:17 PM

You presumed wrongly.:(

Yes, they do.

Gentlemen, re-parse Boab's first post, please.

bigboab
06-07-2008, 12:24 PM
'Western Society' does not refer exclusively to the US. It refers to the British as well. You remember us? We're that little island off the coast of Europe that looks like a lady wearing a dress.

Fuckwits.

And yes, it is a disgrace that anyone would walk past anyone in need of help, let alone stand and take photographs of them.

A little smaller than some of the ladies I was left with when I was younger.:lol:

IdolEyes787
06-07-2008, 12:34 PM
First I was going to say something like considering the part of Hartford in which the accident took place it was fortunate that no one tried to steal his wallet as well,but I thought that I would post this instead.

http://www.chicoer.com/mngi/tracking/track?s=135&c=9460456&t=VIEWED&n=1 Two Chicoans being considered for heroism award

CHICO — Two people who helped rescue a driver from his overturned fuel tanker truck have been placed in nomination for prestigious Carnegie medals for heroism. California Highway Patrol officer Justin Maxey said the Pittsburgh, Pa.-based Carnegie Hero Fund Commission contacted him after reading about the recent actions of Dan Zapeda, Karrie Alexander both of Chico.
On March 26, Zapeda and Alexander were traveling in separate vehicles on Highway 99 at the Skyway exit when they saw a fuel tanker truck overturn on an onramp, trapping the driver inside.
Alexander stopped to help, despite having her young daughter in her vehicle, and began kicking out a front window in the cab of the truck.
Zapeda said he climbed onto the passenger side door of the cab, was able to open it, and pulled driver Nathaniel Lawson, 57, out through the opening.
All three immediately scrambled away from the tanker truck, which had just taken on 7,400 gallons of diesel fuel, and was also carrying gasoline.
Zapeda and Alexander said the driver was motioning them to get away from the truck, but he was injured and they felt he would remain trapped in the cab without their help.

Hairbautt
06-07-2008, 12:51 PM
"City officials later acknowledged that police received four 911 calls immediately after the incident, and release portions of two calls on Friday."

I would of called 9-1-1, but I don't think I would of tried to move the guy for fear that I would cause more damage.

Snee
06-07-2008, 12:52 PM

Fuckwits.

That^

Actually, I'm pretty sure it could include a fair chunk out of the rest of Europe as well.

Last I checked it tended to include my country.

EDit: I've never, ever heard of anyone using it to refer only to the U.S. before. That's a new one.
EDit: Heck, it generally includes Australia and New Zealand.

Squeamous
06-07-2008, 03:34 PM

Fuckwits.

A little smaller than some of the ladies I was left with when I was younger.:lol:

So now British women are fat eh?

Yeah, we are quite fat :(. And ugly...don't forget ugly!

:P

J-dye
06-07-2008, 03:35 PM
french women never gets fat :wub:

i wonder why

Squeamous
06-07-2008, 03:36 PM

Fuckwits.

That^

Actually, I'm pretty sure it could include a fair chunk out of the rest of Europe as well.

EDit: I've never, ever heard of anyone using it to refer only to the U.S. before. That's a new one.

You know what, I was going to do a list but then I realised I couldn't really include Europe because they'll let anyone in these days. And then I thought Australia and New Zealand are kind of East more than West in geographical terms and I wasn't sure if that was meant to be a component of the definition.

When unsure keep it brief, that's my motto :snooty:

Barbarossa
06-07-2008, 10:12 PM

I never realised empathy was a problem. Thanks for the clarification :cool:

Hairbautt
06-07-2008, 10:35 PM
I've always heard that the western world = U.S.A. :dabs:

Monroe Doctrine, bitches :smilie4: Stay the fuck out of the Western hemisphere.

Snee
06-07-2008, 11:04 PM
That^

You know what, I was going to do a list but then I realised I couldn't really include Europe because they'll let anyone in these days. And then I thought Australia and New Zealand are kind of East more than West in geographical terms and I wasn't sure if that was meant to be a component of the definition.

When unsure keep it brief, that's my motto :snooty:

Wikipedia says it can include any country with a culture inheriting from europe, or something.

So we should prolly toss in Israel and other riff raff like that, as well.

Snee
06-07-2008, 11:06 PM

So it's official then, merkin schools suck monkey balls.

Except for whereever J2 went to, at least they got the words right.

callum
06-07-2008, 11:09 PM

I can't believe that, maybe you misheard. All that is wrong with western world = usa, sounds more accurate.

Something Else
06-07-2008, 11:19 PM
Perhaps they meant the western world.

http://www.b-movies.gr/UserFiles/Image/westworld/westworld%204.jpg

Hairbautt
06-07-2008, 11:43 PM

I can't believe that, maybe you misheard.
Nope. You speak of the west and it's us.

I guess you could include Canada and South America, but who cares 'bout them. I mean really... :rolleyes:

callum
06-08-2008, 12:09 AM
Now I see why people want to destroy the western world, it'd be a damn good way of getting rid of most of the idiots.

Squeamous
06-08-2008, 12:09 AM
Western world = America?

How sad, but not entirely unexpected :rolleyes:.

callum
06-08-2008, 12:17 AM
The requirements to graduate from an American high school.

Don't know much about geography
Don't know much trigonometry
Don't know much about algebra
Don't know what a slide rule is for.

But I do know that one and one is two.

Detale
06-08-2008, 12:19 AM
Honestly I know alot of you guys here are way smarter than I would care to be but have you never heard of the USA been refered to as the western world?? It's not an uncommon thing at all

Check the Wiki (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Western_world) Perhaps you might learn something as well

I can't believe that, maybe you misheard. All that is wrong with western world = usa, sounds more accurate.

Apparently YOU misheard as said above it's quite commonly referred to as the West

Now I see why people want to destroy the western world, it'd be a damn good way of getting rid of most of the idiots.

2 shots at the USA huh? Who said ANYTHING is wrong with the western world or the USA? Don't be jealous. Where are you from may I ask??

callum
06-08-2008, 12:26 AM
Where are you from may I ask??

I thought I was from the western world, now I'm not so sure.

If the western world is the usa and the usa only, why the fuck would someone bother to call it the western world, surely it's easier just to say the usa. It makes no sense at all. The term western culture makes even less sense then as well like.

Squeamous
06-08-2008, 12:34 AM
I'd like to add that I can't find anywhere in that Wiki link where it says the term has ever been used to describe North America alone.

Anyone can make spurious claims but if you're the only one in support of them and the rest of the world doesn't have a clue what you're on about you should probably accept that you have a warped definition of reality.

Skiz
06-08-2008, 12:37 AM
He didn't say it only refers to the USA; he said it commonly refers to the USA.

I'm not sure I would agree with that but I would say that we seem to be a larger subject than, say the UK when topics arise involving "western world" subject matter. That could just be due to our size, our influence (good or bad), or in the case of this auto-ped incident, it just seemed to be who the comment was directed at due to the location of the original story matter.

I don't discount UK(ians? :unsure:) folks or Canadians when I think of the western world. I usually don't envision South America though. Regardless of their location on the globe, they hardly live the same lifestyle.

Skiz
06-08-2008, 12:40 AM
Anyone can make spurious claims but if you're the only one in support of them and the rest of the world doesn't have a clue what you're on about you should probably accept that you have a warped definition of reality.

You could post that in Rafi's Muslim thread too about time zones and whatnot.

Two-fer! :01:

Hairbautt
06-08-2008, 01:04 AM
Western hemisphere, ftw. Cawk off, Brits. :snooty: This is our side.

I hear, like, in some South American countries :smilie4: They teach their kids that there's only 5 continents.

True story. :dabs:

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/thumb/7/77/Continental_models.gif/300px-Continental_models.gif

Snee
06-08-2008, 01:35 AM
This (http://www.kontraband.com/show/show.asp?ID=2646) makes a hella lot more sense, now.

Skiz
06-08-2008, 01:49 AM
This (http://www.kontraband.com/show/show.asp?ID=2646) makes a hella lot more sense, now.

:lol:

j2k4
06-08-2008, 01:58 AM

I never realised empathy was a problem. Thanks for the clarification :cool:

Not a problem for him insofar as he had none, Barbs. :whistling

bigboab
06-08-2008, 06:47 AM
:lol: but :(

Squeamous
06-08-2008, 03:07 PM

I'm not sure I would agree with that but I would say that we seem to be a larger subject than, say the UK when topics arise involving "western world" subject matter. That could just be due to our size, our influence (good or bad), or in the case of this auto-ped incident, it just seemed to be who the comment was directed at due to the location of the original story matter.

I don't discount UK(ians? :unsure:) folks or Canadians when I think of the western world. I usually don't envision South America though. Regardless of their location on the globe, they hardly live the same lifestyle.

To be honest, this whole argument feels as below me as discussing how the Earth could possibly be round, and why.

I've always been unconvinced by the US-bashing I hear all the time in the UK liberal media, but threads like this do you no favours.

Biggles
06-08-2008, 04:32 PM
As I understood it "the West was those countries on this side of the Iron Curtain including our antipodean chums.

However, that aside, the video is shocking. The driver that hit him is a disgrace. I can appreciate people didn't want to move him but ordinarily one would expect a little more moral support than that.

Biggles
06-08-2008, 04:35 PM

That cannot be for real :O

Something Else
06-08-2008, 04:36 PM
Moral support is fine, but life-support would have been more appropriate, Shirley.

Biggles
06-08-2008, 04:37 PM
Moral support is fine, but life-support would have been more appropriate, Shirley.

To be fair I tend to leave that stuff at home.

Something Else
06-08-2008, 04:41 PM

A bit of magic football injury spray is all you need. Like the physios.

Biggles
06-08-2008, 04:44 PM

A bit of magic football injury spray is all you need. Like the physios.

That stuff only works on girly poofs (apparently)

Snee
06-08-2008, 05:00 PM
If you look closely you can see that they've written "Iraq" on Australia on one of the maps, it's still pretty damned epic that they are falling for it, though.

brotherdoobie
06-08-2008, 07:20 PM

To be honest, this whole argument feels as below me as discussing how the Earth could possibly be round, and why.

Radio edit:

-bd :ermm:

brotherdoobie
06-08-2008, 07:22 PM

I've always been unconvinced by the US-bashing I hear all the time in the UK liberal media, but threads like this do you no favours.

I agree. I'm quite embarrassed (for some of my fellow countrymen). Shame on you, Harry. You're a history major. Shirley, you should know where history has laid her head.

Detale
06-08-2008, 08:02 PM
Where are you from may I ask??

If the western world is the usa and the usa only, why the fuck would someone bother to call it the western world, surely it's easier just to say the usa. It makes no sense at all. The term western culture makes even less sense then as well like.

Are you paying attention? I never said it refers to USA alone, but from what I have seen/heard it usually means the USA. Now you still failed to answer the question where are you from. If it makes sense or not it is still the term used.

Hairbautt
06-08-2008, 09:41 PM
I agree. I'm quite embarrassed (for some of my fellow countrymen). Shame on you, Harry. You're a history major.

yea ur right. there's one little bitty chunk of europe in the west.

http://www.state.gov/cms_images/fy07-12strat_lg_plan_0507a.jpg

I'm totally not ashamed tho'.

Hairbautt
06-08-2008, 09:43 PM
it's history and american studies, btw.

:snooty:

Squeamous
06-08-2008, 09:45 PM
I thought only non-Americans did American studies :unsure:. Is that like 'putting one foot in front of the other = walking' studies, or 'what is your name?' studies?

:unsure:

Hairbautt
06-08-2008, 09:55 PM
Somewhat.

Squeamous
06-08-2008, 10:07 PM
My friend did American studies. She went to America to do it. She said the hardest thing was suddenly not being able to drink out there, and at one point got offered counselling for alcoholics. And she's practically teetotal :lol:.

And yes, I will be laughing on the other side of my face when I and all my friends die of cirrhosis :snooty:.

Hairbautt
06-08-2008, 10:09 PM
'least you'd be laughing.

Squeamous
06-08-2008, 10:10 PM
Well, this is true...

Hairbautt
06-08-2008, 10:12 PM
I wouldn't of lied.

Snee
06-08-2008, 10:53 PM
I agree. I'm quite embarrassed (for some of my fellow countrymen). Shame on you, Harry. You're a history major.

yea ur right. there's one little bitty chunk of europe in the west.

http://www.state.gov/cms_images/fy07-12strat_lg_plan_0507a.jpg

I'm totally not ashamed tho'.

You do know that the earth is round and that whatevers's denoted as west if you are going to be literal about it depends on where you are at, right, dumbarse?

Snee
06-08-2008, 10:57 PM

Are you paying attention? I never said it refers to USA alone, but from what I have seen/heard it usually means the USA.
Where have you seen/heard that?

Seriously.

Of all the people in the world I've run into in different ways before, where that term or variations thereof has been involved, it's a grand total of three people who didn't know what the term stands for, and you're all in this thread.

Squeamous
06-08-2008, 10:59 PM
Pmsl!

Hairbautt
06-09-2008, 12:54 AM
wtf is pmsl

j2k4
06-09-2008, 01:08 AM
wtf is pmsl

I think it's pms with an extra letter. :whistling

Hairbautt
06-09-2008, 01:20 AM
That would be something to her liking.

Hairbautt
06-09-2008, 01:20 AM
Just hope she knows that she spelled it wrong.

Hairbautt
06-09-2008, 01:21 AM
And just blurted it out of nowhere.

Hairbautt
06-09-2008, 01:22 AM
In a rather surprising gesture (!).

Detale
06-09-2008, 02:42 AM
^ Possibly tourette"s of the hands

Are you paying attention? I never said it refers to USA alone, but from what I have seen/heard it usually means the USA.

Seriously.

Of all the people in the world I've run into in different ways before, where that term or variations thereof has been involved, it's a grand total of three people who didn't know what the term stands for, and you're all in this thread.

:huh: what happened here? On one hand you said Where have you seen heard that and on the other you are saying only 3 people don't know of it, so I am perplexed on your exact point. I have seen/heard this phrase used on many TV shows Movies all over the news media BBC included and people holding convos. Not to mention the Wiki article I cited above. Also feel free to check out the google results (http://www.google.com/search?q=western+Culture&ie=utf-8&oe=utf-8&aq=t&rls=org.mozilla:en-US:official&client=firefox-a)

Barbarossa
06-09-2008, 09:04 AM
pmsl = piss my self laughing :dabs:

Snee
06-09-2008, 10:03 AM

Seriously.

:huh: what happened here? On one hand you said Where have you seen heard that and on the other you are saying only 3 people don't know of it, so I am perplexed on your exact point. I have seen/heard this phrase used on many TV shows Movies all over the news media BBC included and people holding convos. Not to mention the Wiki article I cited above. Also feel free to check out the google results (http://www.google.com/search?q=western+Culture&ie=utf-8&oe=utf-8&aq=t&rls=org.mozilla:en-US:official&client=firefox-a)

Given what I was quoting I thought it was fairly obvious what I meant, ie people using it to refer to the U.S. alone :blink::dabs:

What I'm thinking here, to be blunt, is that the three of you made an assumption that it could refer to the U.S. alone, and that that's entirely your own doing, rather than it being a common thing.

Detale
06-09-2008, 10:09 AM
Are you out of our mind?? I and Skizo have said over and over "not just the USA" but many people use the phrase to mean the USA alone. I personally don't think it does but the FACT is many people do. Are you drinking?

Snee
06-09-2008, 10:13 AM
Speaking of being out of your mind, I'm kinda' wondering where you're posting from right now.

What I'm saying here is that I don't think people actually do that, I think it's just three of you who think they do.

Detale
06-09-2008, 10:17 AM
Jesus try putting it in Google. One thing that comes to mind is a Red Hot Chili Peppers song "californication" There i a line in there like" It’s the edge of the world
And all of western civilization" now thats just off the topof my head, but check the search engines and ye shall see

Barbarossa
06-09-2008, 10:31 AM
Psychic spies from China
Try to steal your mind's elation
Little girls from Sweden
Dream of silver screen quotations
And if you want these kind of dreams
It's Californication

It's the edge of the world
And all of western civilization
The sun may rise in the East
At least it settles in the final location
It's understood that Hollywood
sells Californication

Pay your surgeon very well
To break the spell of aging
Celebrity skin is this your chin
Or is that war your waging

[Chorus:]
First born unicorn
Hard core soft porn
Dream of Californication
Dream of Californication

Marry me girl be my fairy to the world
Be my very own constellation
A teenage bride with a baby inside
Getting high on information
And buy me a star on the boulevard
It's Californication

Space may be the final frontier
But it's made in a Hollywood basement
Cobain can you hear the spheres
Singing songs off station to station
And Alderon's not far away
It's Californication

Born and raised by those who praise
Control of population everybody's been there
and
I don't mean on vacation

[Chorus]

Destruction leads to a very rough road
But it also breeds creation
And earthquakes are to a girl's guitar
They're just another good vibration
And tidal waves couldn't save the world
From Californication

Pay your surgeon very well
To break the spell of aging
Sicker than the rest
There is no test
But this is what you're craving

:dabs: It's like the answers to every question in the world ever :dabs:

Detale
06-09-2008, 10:39 AM
LOL Yes it is along with a few other RHCP songs

Snee
06-09-2008, 10:41 AM
The meaning of that is that, as far as I always thought, it's the edge of the world and the edge of western civilization. (Looking at it now, I'm thinking it might also mean that they've imported ideas or whatever from everywhere, so it's like the sum of western civilisation.)

Look, it's really not that odd. As far as the term goes, it is a collective term for a whole lot of countries sharing similar cultures or standards of living, including both your and my country and it's been that way since it was invented. The only thing I'd have thunk people might disagree on, was exactly how many countries it might include. I, for instance, would have never included some eastern european countries, nor Israel.

I'm not trying to be harsh on you here, but it's sounds mad that someone would misappropriate the term to refer to one nation alone, ever. Especially, like callum (and myself in another place, when discussing this*) has said, since you already have a perfectly suitable name for that nation. And especially yours.

As a concept, it even goes back to the heydays of the vikings, the romans, and the greeks, and so forth. If anything, factoring in history and the foundations of the shared culture in what is western society, the U.S.A. is kind of peripheral.

To connect this to something squeamous said, this makes me think of having to argue the earth is round, when you thought everyone knew it.

EDit: *Not with callum. Other people.

Barbarossa
06-09-2008, 10:44 AM
It's quite simple.

Western Civilisation - what Snee said.

Western Hemisphere - What herbert tried to say.

First born unicorn Hard core soft porn - no idea. :blink:

kallieb
06-09-2008, 09:07 PM
A famous Social psych study was done back in the 60's by Darley & Latane, (1968), which mirrors similar findings from Stanley Milgram's experiment on Obedience that definitively concluded (and has been empirically proven over and over since) that... in a nutshell .... The more people that are around, the more likely it is that no one will help. It suggests that people convince themselves that someone else will render aide as a/ they're too busy, b/ they don't want to get involved, c/ blah blah blah..... One saving grace is that people were often distressed at not helping, but still did not help nonetheless.

Clearly the human-animal is as grossly predictable today as we were 40+ years ago.

Hairbautt
06-09-2008, 10:02 PM
Think I remember hearing somethin' similar like dunbar's number and disassociation...

Squeamous
06-10-2008, 08:01 AM
Snee.....don't forget we're still arguing about evolution and the death penalty. Sometimes I wonder wtf is wrong with human beings.