PDA

View Full Version : My Next Case?

clocker
06-07-2008, 01:18 PM
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v78/clocker/Skel1.jpg
Maybe.
Been investigating- in a haphazard and lackadaisical way- bench, or "tech station" setups for a while now.

Antec has apparently channeled my thoughts and presented the "Skeleton" prototype at Computex this week and I must say I'm very interested.

Details- such as they are- here. (http://www.silentpcreview.com/article840-page1.html)

At the very least I can steal some ideas...

bigboab
06-07-2008, 09:12 PM
It looks fantastic(No pun). I think I would be a bit worried about dust, don't think a blowing fan is a good idea.

P.S. don't tell them you are likely to steal some ideas or your next case will be a court case.:lol:

Detale
06-07-2008, 09:33 PM
Well I like the Idea of a blowing fan and dust eh no biggie either. When it's all open like that keep a can of compressed air next to it and blow it off every now and again. Honestly it would prob get cleaned more than usual this way. My only prob with it is it's no good with my three little ones running around. I might find a HDD and a Ram stick in the kitchen when I get home :O

clocker
06-07-2008, 10:22 PM
It looks fantastic(No pun). I think I would be a bit worried about dust, don't think a blowing fan is a good idea.

Dust won't be an issue- well, not any more of one than usual- since I haven't had side panels on my case for over a year.
I specifically sited my desk and converted the case to R-ATX so that I could open the nearby window and have access to fresh outside air.

This minimizes- actually, eliminates- the need or concern about "airflow".
Granted, it makes the PC look like it's only half finished but I don't mind and a tech bench case like the Skeleton would probably look more "put together" and complete than my current set up.

I'm probably going to have to make my own anyway...as shown, the Skeleton wouldn't accommodate my five hard drives and watercooling rig.

Wonder what they're going to charge for this thing?

bigboab
06-08-2008, 07:43 AM
Well I like the Idea of a blowing fan and dust eh no biggie either. When it's all open like that keep a can of compressed air next to it and blow it off every now and again. Honestly it would prob get cleaned more than usual this way. My only prob with it is it's no good with my three little ones running around. I might find a HDD and a Ram stick in the kitchen when I get home :O

Blowing fans are banned in the aircraft industry because they blow particles where they are overlooked. In this instance it is a great idea if all the components are sealed.:)

clocker
06-08-2008, 02:15 PM
Hmmm, that explains why my computer failed it's latest FAA examination, BB.

Well, that and it's total lack of aerodynamics...

lynx
06-08-2008, 02:42 PM
Hmmm, that explains why my computer failed it's latest FAA examination, BB.

Well, that and it's total lack of aerodynamics...Another one thrown out the window? I thought you had more patience. :shifty:

clocker
06-08-2008, 03:04 PM
Patience is for the young.

Detale
06-08-2008, 08:03 PM
hmmm, That Explains Why My Computer Failed It's Latest Faa Examination, Bb.

Well, That And It's Total Lack Of Aerodynamics...

Lololol

Well BB next time I build an aircraft I'll think on that but for this I'm pretty sure it's fine

tusks
06-11-2008, 03:18 AM
What an interesting idea. However, for my current setup and needs, the small version is just too small and the large case is too wide. The fan, as practical as it seems, might be a little too loud judging from the video.A traditional solution seems like a better choice for me.

kaiweiler
06-15-2008, 09:24 PM
May I recommend something like this?
http://steampunkworkshop.com/victorian-all-one-pc

It may be a little more suited to your demographics.

:P

clocker
06-16-2008, 01:04 AM
Very cool, K.
I like the overall look, nicely executed.
My "demographic", eh?

The whole "integrating the PC with the monitor" thing is intriguing as well.

ConkiZz
06-17-2008, 12:46 PM
Very cool chassie :) I would like to have it.

rtxs
07-23-2008, 06:30 PM
that case is cool

lynx
07-24-2008, 05:19 PM
that case is coolYes, but a little dated now. :ermm:

clocker
07-25-2008, 02:55 AM
Yeah, the closer it comes to actually being released the less desirable it becomes.
It's only cool if you can't have it.

Like Emma Watson, kinda.

Detale
07-25-2008, 02:59 AM
Emma Watson?? You sick maniac!! Eh I still think its cool

clocker
07-25-2008, 03:02 AM
What.
She's eighteen, ya know.