PDA

View Full Version : OVH reseller help

DATTER
06-07-2008, 01:44 PM
Hello everyone :happy:
I'm thinking of buying an OVH but I need a reseller from France or the UK. Does anyone know a reseller from there interested?

cheers!

F.B.I
06-07-2008, 01:50 PM
Just try to get someone nice enought to get you an OVH "for free", i mean, the real price of it.

Boa sorte :)

hotrod37uk
06-07-2008, 01:55 PM
OVH has still not sorted reseller accts yet. They say they are releasing them soon. I just got them for my mates outside the allowed countries for now. Perhaps you know someone who might help.

will17
06-07-2008, 02:00 PM
http://boardster.net/seedbox/viewtopic.php?p=2#2

never used him but he does OVH's. Or so i hear. :P

F.B.I
06-07-2008, 02:33 PM
Yeah you can do it with that guy if you want to, he is trusted, believe me and he does the set up :)

LoKaLiRi
06-07-2008, 03:46 PM
good reseller and his seedbox is so nice

lovejj
06-07-2008, 04:06 PM
reseller also is double price
sad ,can voh will change the rules?

LoKaLiRi
06-07-2008, 11:17 PM
OVH will not change their Rulez atm , i asked the FLS there

carnivore
06-08-2008, 01:36 AM
http://seedhost.eu/ ;)

Cheers

xGeNeSisx
06-08-2008, 07:37 AM
http://seedhost.eu/ ;)

Cheers
I just signed up with them yesterday. Download speeds are great (11mb/s-12mb/s) and upload speeds are quick too (hit 8mb/s average 2-5mb/s) very good speeds, price, ftp, and vnc access is a great buy. I highly recommend them.

kross
06-08-2008, 07:59 AM
btw, Datter, I sent you a pm. Read it if you're always interested. ;)

jam0980tr
06-08-2008, 12:43 PM
edited

The Flying Cow
06-08-2008, 04:40 PM
Your best bet DATTER is to have a friend there who'll resell for free.

IMO there's no point in paying £10 for a fucking resell. That's a total arse-rape.

The thing costs $40 a month, you're not going to pay an additional $20 for some pimp to pay it for you.

Just try to find someone who's staying there from your family or friends so they can do it for nothing, and then you can pay real price.

Just me 2 cents.

colbert
06-08-2008, 08:11 PM
It would be nice if OVH would get a reseller program working so there would be some more competition amongst resellers.

kross
06-09-2008, 09:01 PM
IMO there's no point in paying £10 for a fucking resell. That's a total arse-rape.
You forgot one thing which is very important. Reselling a box is not only about creating an account, renting a server, putting your own identity and giving the login/password info to the person.
It's also giving advice to people, setuping a box, explaining how everything works and monitoring the server (in order to avoid problems). And all of this take time. So it's normal that there are people who ask 20 euros for that service (myself, i only ask the quarter and there are fst members who beg me for a discount :lol:).

And if there are people who wants to pm me about SB, don't do it unless you're serious.
After my last post, i get spammed. :frusty:

The Flying Cow
06-09-2008, 09:50 PM
Reselling doesn't include all of that shite. Most people with more than shit for brains can manage their server themselves, thank you very much.

The definition of the term 'resell' means simply paying for it from the locales OVH accepts payment from (thus with cc/dc/bt of the accepted countries).

Nothing else.

Of course these OVH-merchants have to say they'll do more, and "explaining how everything works, monitoring the server, giving advice", so the arsanine amounts they charge aren't questioned.
Monitoring the server can be done by the user, or the guy who set it up (which BTW there are good people out there who do for free), and for advice there are ample people who will give tips/advice w/out charging a fucking fee.

Notice I said "someone from family or friends", in other words, someone who doesn't fear "putting their own identity at risk" as you so eloquently put it.

kross
06-09-2008, 10:30 PM
Reselling doesn't include all of that shite. Most people with more than shit for brains can manage their server themselves, thank you very much.

So, many FST members have no brains in that case. And what do you think of people who prefer emulating utorrent instead of using a native bt client under GNU/Linux? ;)

Nevertheless, I agree with you on what you said. And the correct definition should be written below FST banner. So many people forget it (but not only on this forum). :(

One last thing, monitoring a KS or DB server is important.
Since OVH and Free make possible the use of dedicated servers by newbies, everyday, several crackers try to take control on some of them. It's not really mentionned on forums but it's a serious problem (and adding several rules to iptables is not sufficient to solve the pb).

Edit: Nothing, too much spam...:pinch:

The Flying Cow
06-09-2008, 10:44 PM
I guess you're right on that point. Security is important.

kireta
06-10-2008, 06:11 AM
myself, i only ask the quarter and there are fst members who beg me for a discount :lol:).

who's that person...:happy:

And what do you think of people who prefer emulating utorrent instead of using a native bt client under GNU/Linux?

what's wrong if someone prefer emulating utorrent instead of using rtorrent? :(
I prefer utorrent because I more accostumed than rtorrent...

xGeNeSisx
06-10-2008, 08:01 AM
who's that person...:happy:

And what do you think of people who prefer emulating utorrent instead of using a native bt client under GNU/Linux?

what's wrong if someone prefer emulating utorrent instead of using rtorrent? :(
I prefer utorrent because I more accostumed than rtorrent...
Its fine if you prefer it but you are severely limiting your speeds. At the end of the day, its your choice, as long as your happy with it.

slayer2005
06-10-2008, 07:13 PM
and remember ovh dont take paypal so the person reselling them has to go out there way to empty funds outa there bank and wait 5-7 for the paypal funds to clear.so i dont think theres notjing wrong with hiking the price up a lil for people who cant order because of there country.

im starting to resell,but resell at 65 so theres the 1st compitition :-)

bilkenter
06-22-2008, 11:18 PM
i contacted with admin dancefor bla bla .gmail... though till i finish the payment process he is gone, i will get the account in days to come then i can comment on the speed and so forth it has freaking 500 gb hd :D damn gonna buffer like an animal ahahahahahahahhaha

n0_NaMe
06-23-2008, 10:12 AM
I have a server with dancefor, I got the kimsufi xxl with windows web. I can download at 8mb/s and upload at 10-11mb/s simultaneously. Even though dancefor resell them for 2-3 times the price they are still good value compared to other providers such as vectoral.

midnightalker
06-23-2008, 10:50 AM
I really want to hear more about this reseller when you get your server cause I talked to him and I'm all set but I haven't heard a single review for him. So please come again and tell us how things worded out.

bilkenter
06-23-2008, 01:38 PM
will do it, but so far, i had anything... no news informing that transferring money is complete and so forthh... i am hoping he will contact me soon:D if he does, will let ya know...

edit:sorry i did get email, just woke up.... will let ya know now...
now entered the seedbox ... but dont see utorrent, when i complete the regulations, we will be ready for lunch sir...

BlueLabel
06-23-2008, 02:57 PM
Yeah you can do it with that guy if you want to, he is trusted, believe me and he does the set up :)
and he double the price?

http://seedhost.eu/
http://boardster.net/seedbox/viewtopic.php?p=2#2

same guy : [email protected]

this guy is hungry for money , his prices is to high
look at the differents
http://www.ovh.com/fr/particulier/produits/offres_dedies.xml

kimsufi 08
OVH- 19.99 + vat = 23.91 E
seedhost- 45 E

kimsufi 08 XL
OVH- 36 + vat = 43.06 E
seedhost- 75 E

kimsufi 08 XXL
OVH- 46 + vat = 55.02 E
seedhost- 90 E

etc etc

integral
06-23-2008, 03:20 PM
The guy is simply looking to make a profit. Can you really blame him? Besides, I'm sure there are other resellers on this thread who won't markup the price as much as he does.

bilkenter
06-23-2008, 03:22 PM
yeah also i am not content with service, rather than getting 10 11 mb, i get at most 1 mb, i was seeing 4 5 mb with leaseweb with half money... So i dont suggest you guyz to buy it...go with leaseweb, it is way above others...

BlueLabel
06-23-2008, 03:58 PM
The guy is simply looking to make a profit. Can you really blame him? Besides, I'm sure there are other resellers on this thread who won't markup the price as much as he does.

profits you say??
that guy is stealling

think about that this way
OVH kimsufi 08 cost 19.99 E
thats not net profite, they have to pay for hosting, tax, maintenance and god know what else
so in the end their profite on 19.99 E server is no more than 12 E after the expenses

profits is someone who take 20%-30% more and not a guy who take advantage of others helplessness. that guy don't need to pay for hosting tax or anything else.
his profits is lot more then OVH themself.
everything go to his pocket so in the and as I said his profites is biger than OVH.

and you better get out from this attitude of The guy is simply looking to make a profit cause everyone looking for money and its OK as long its make sence.
what would you say if tomorrow all the consumer goods in the stores will cost 200% more?
today your meat cost 10 E and tomorrow the store owner up the price to 20 E
can you say that the store woner simply looking to make a profit too??
and what happen the day the onwer up it to 50 E??
will you still buy it??
prices has their limites too. (thats why most government allways involved in the market)
and there is no doubt that this guy has no limite at all.

if people was smart they would never order from that guy and he had no choice but to cut the prices

bilkenter
06-23-2008, 06:28 PM
well now, i get speeds like god like... i am uploading revtt with 8 mb right now... i got a couple of hints, i think if this goes like that, i am happy to give that kinda money...Also, now i am getting those speeds all the time meaning 9 10 mb ul... so this rocks

stroj
06-24-2008, 12:19 AM
Fuck them.

70$ @ reseller (seedhost.eu)
40$ @ OVH

Quite a difference...

colbert
06-24-2008, 01:14 AM
I believe the owner is Polish and the prices are slightly higher at ovh.pl

Their kimsufi is 97.59 PLN including tax = $45 USD = 29 Euro

spencer785
06-24-2008, 04:09 AM
so i just ordered a dedicated server from seedhost.eu only the first package which i guess is the kimsufi does anybody know how long until i will get my login info from seedhost.eu Thanks and once i recieve i will let you guys know the speed

bilkenter
06-24-2008, 04:45 AM
i am still getting awesome speed on the, it is freaking awesome ! i buffered 180 gb on one torrent yeah on one torrent ! it is amazing, well mine came in less than 1 day i guess i dont know about yours too :D

midnightalker
06-24-2008, 07:40 AM
OK now that great! 8-9MB/sec up??!!?!? Keep it going for 1-2 more days and I byuing one too..PLEASE let us know. post updates..
did you experience problem in the beginning? cause of your previous post..

yeah also i am not content with service, rather than getting 10 11 mb, i get at most 1 mb, i was seeing 4 5 mb with leaseweb with half money... So i dont suggest you guyz to buy it...go with leaseweb, it is way above others...

bilkenter
06-24-2008, 07:47 AM
yeah i did have problem at first, now speed isnt as great as it is supposed to be... getting 3 4 mb... even though there is only one seeder :S anyway i can say that for the money given, it is not too good, but still i luv it :)

now, i get animalistic speeds again... 7.5 ul speed on one torrent, you cannot expect them to be too good i guess, but they are good, i am happy with them, i hope this goes on like this ... :D then i will buffer tbs...i will probably not be able to leech this much, i wish we had system in which people who had extra uploads to give them away. Otherwise, this will take 2 3 month at full capacity to download this much :D Also, this is why i luv non ratio sites... :D

edit 2: speeds vary too much today, i dont get speed like yesterday today... yesterday i got 10 mb all the time, now i do get 2 4 mb... so if you are to buy this, think the variation on speed....

integral
06-24-2008, 08:49 PM
yeah i did have problem at first, now speed isnt as great as it is supposed to be... getting 3 4 mb... even though there is only one seeder :S anyway i can say that for the money given, it is not too good, but still i luv it :)

now, i get animalistic speeds again... 7.5 ul speed on one torrent, you cannot expect them to be too good i guess, but they are good, i am happy with them, i hope this goes on like this ... :D then i will buffer tbs...i will probably not be able to leech this much, i wish we had system in which people who had extra uploads to give them away. Otherwise, this will take 2 3 month at full capacity to download this much :D Also, this is why i luv non ratio sites... :D

edit 2: speeds vary too much today, i dont get speed like yesterday today... yesterday i got 10 mb all the time, now i do get 2 4 mb... so if you are to buy this, think the variation on speed....

Speeds always vary, you'll just have to deal with it.

bilkenter
06-25-2008, 07:15 AM
yeah i know, i mostly get 10 mb, as long as i get the file first, i am gonna look for rss or smt... :)

n0_NaMe
06-25-2008, 09:55 AM
yeah i know, i mostly get 10 mb, as long as i get the file first, i am gonna look for rss or smt... :)

Using rss is a good idea, I use a mirc auto download script with my ovh seedbox. It starts downloading anything the second it is uploaded on a tracker. Im always the top 3 people on any torrent.

bilkenter
06-25-2008, 09:59 AM
so can you help me with that? it would be appreciated:D

KaySterling
06-25-2008, 06:46 PM
@bilkenter: You got a box from seedhost.eu right?
Which package did you go for, seedbox or dedicated?

Ive been looking specially at seedhost.eu now for some time.
Im not entirely sure yet though.

bilkenter
06-25-2008, 06:50 PM
i bought from the seedbox, i got the one with 500 gb , Intel 2 x 2,53GHz, 3 gb ram and etc, 90 euro...

spencer785
06-25-2008, 07:39 PM
I just got the dedicated server from seedhost.eu the first one to try it and its great and i download at 11mb/s and upload and 11mb/s i have already uploaded like 500gb in 1 day

midnightalker
06-26-2008, 02:37 AM
i bought from the seedbox, i got the one with 500 gb , Intel 2 x 2,53GHz, 3 gb ram and etc, 90 euro...

You had a seedbox? I thought you were talking about a dedicated server! But really look at the offers..The first three or so from seedboxes are EXACTLY THE SAME with the dedicated servers. So it's pretty much the same. I just got the cheapest offer, the one with 45 euros per month and now I'm waiting for my order to go through..!!:cool: If I'm happy next month I'll get a better offer, maybe the one that bilkenter had maybe the other one with 1Gbps unlimited :O:P:naughty:

I'll let you know what happens, as its because of this comunnity that I finaly placed my order. Thanks a million to all of you guys..

bilkenter
06-27-2008, 08:21 AM
i have more than 900 gb buffer on scc now, now time to buffer tl :D 1 tb :D

midnightalker
06-27-2008, 08:51 PM
Can I please ask you what you did to improve your speed? I do get up to 10MB/sec but only for half an hour a day. I usually go with 2-4MB/sec..
I 'm saying this because when you first got the seedbox you said it not that good and it goes with 2-4MB/sec and then after some hours you said its fixed or something..So what happened?

bilkenter
06-28-2008, 07:17 AM
well it depends on when you get it mate, i mean i am refreshing page all the day, when you got it first, you upload others with 10 mb, if he is uploading with a seedbox of course, well, i dont think, anyone getting 10 mb for all the day mate, it is impossible, i wish i had 10 mb all the day, only with those that i got fast enough, i am using linux on my server,

uploader23
06-29-2008, 03:01 AM
well it depends on when you get it mate, i mean i am refreshing page all the day, when you got it first, you upload others with 10 mb, if he is uploading with a seedbox of course, well, i dont think, anyone getting 10 mb for all the day mate, it is impossible, i wish i had 10 mb all the day, only with those that i got fast enough, i am using linux on my server,

No need for refreshing pages for all day...just setup the rss thing and it will download the packs/freeleech content automatically.
There are plenty of guides in which shows how to do it.

bilkenter
06-29-2008, 06:43 AM
i know budy... but you get it 5 minutes late...and none of them seems to work for me... :S

vailance
07-21-2008, 05:08 PM
hi bilkwnter, i registered a dedicated EG 4GB server from seedbox.eu
may i know how long does it take to get my login info? does the reseller guy provide us all the full access info to ovh manager r any way to access the power cycle function for my server?

SgtMajor
07-21-2008, 05:18 PM
hi bilkwnter, i registered a dedicated EG 4GB server from seedbox.eu
may i know how long does it take to get my login info? does the reseller guy provide us all the full access info to ovh manager r any way to access the power cycle function for my server?

1. You are talking to guy that has been disabled from here, read the red writing under his name.

2. And you are better off opening your own thread in the seedbox forum here http://filesharingtalk.com/vb3/f-seedbox-discussion-154/ and posing all your questions in your own thread.

puckface
07-21-2008, 06:30 PM
I recommend kross

guardhost
05-14-2009, 04:27 PM
Hi,

Guardhost.net offer ovh services, shared, reseller, vps + more

*links removed*

Thanks

cinephilia
05-14-2009, 08:12 PM
there is no advertising allowed without the permission of forum administration.

Rilly
05-14-2009, 10:57 PM
Hi,

Guardhost.net offer ovh services, shared, reseller, vps + more

*links removed*

Thanks

http://i367.photobucket.com/albums/oo117/MIODude/thread.jpg

Craig
11-19-2009, 02:40 PM
Hey i bought off rapidpseeds.com they seem to be the cheapest resellers i could find. Sorry if this is advertising, im just wanting to help.

thanks