PDA

View Full Version : Have You Ever Decided to Reset Your Torrent Files?

Bionic
06-07-2008, 08:04 PM
Hey there,

Today I've burned all my torrent files that I've downloaded to my DVD-CDs and on my 1TB. So, now I decided to download new torrents and start like my tracker files from 0, got me? When would you decide to reset someday, or maybe delete all your torrents too? haha!

dunson
06-07-2008, 08:08 PM
I do that almost weekly.

1000possibleclaws
06-07-2008, 08:08 PM
i doubt i would ever remove all my torrents at once from my utorrent, unless i decided to switch over to azeurus, or upgrade my main harddrive

ovisan
06-07-2008, 08:23 PM
Yeah m8... great idea, les all do this...
I wonda how many of us will quit p2p world if something like this would happen
I for instance, if I ll loose all my torrents (200 seeding) will prob keep one tracker from each cathegory and I will end this "battle" to get better trackers, to become power user, to get nvites and post em here...
On the other hand its something I like 2 do...
Sry i speak gibberisg after 2 cans of Stella

(http://www.google.co.uk/url?sa=t&ct=res&cd=1&url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.wikihow.com%2FSpeak-Gibberish&ei=_u1KSP7sDJjY1gb_mtW9BA&usg=AFQjCNH5QfuS9G9_Xx5wNe2TXmzhiAxr9g&sig2=VohONlgF80VWXCIw427nMw)

Bionic
06-07-2008, 08:36 PM
Ha! I kinda canceled low private trackers like BitSoup and FunFile, gave them to my bros, Lol. They're still noob in torrenting, so they gonna get banned soon, haha!

Nemrod
06-07-2008, 08:55 PM
Ha! I kinda canceled low private trackers like BitSoup and FunFile, gave them to my bros, Lol. They're still noob in torrenting, so they gonna get banned soon, haha!

:huh: What´s so funny?. I think it´s shameful.

Maybe they are n00b, but I hope they become better users than you are.

markupmaster
06-07-2008, 10:36 PM
hey're still noob in torrenting, so they gonna get banned soon, haha!

Everyone is a n00b at one point..

;)

kondrae
06-07-2008, 11:03 PM
Reset my torrents? Never! :)

Artakserksis
06-07-2008, 11:37 PM
I don't know, I think that I'm downloading so much stuff I almost never use many of them, but still want more. I want to delete everything and stop that shit but I can't. I hate that. :P

waki
06-08-2008, 01:06 AM
I do that almost weekly.
same here

deuce6000
06-08-2008, 02:50 AM
I'm not sure i get it.What is the point of doing this?

athenaesword
06-08-2008, 03:54 AM
is there a way to backup .torrent files that're still active in utorrent only?
i know all the .torrent files are stored in apps. but that includes every single .torrent u've ever downloaded. id' considering resetting if i could just isolate the .torrent files that i have running now

PhillyEagles
06-08-2008, 04:25 AM
do it everytime i reboot my computer. it wipes everything i put on it away. so i have to redownload and hash all my packs and what not everytime. last reset - 20+ days ago.

lackoflife
06-08-2008, 06:13 AM
Yes

Funkin'
06-08-2008, 07:01 AM

You are an idiot.

helpme
06-08-2008, 08:15 AM
i do that every some days or weeks

Polarbear
06-08-2008, 03:11 PM

every tracker deserves to be respected. no matter how "low" you think they are.

if you don't need a tracker account anymore, delete it or let it be pruned. giving it to someone who will get banned is wrong.

the fact that you think this is very funny only proves that you are still a n00b.

M3nn0
06-08-2008, 03:34 PM
hey're Still Noob In Torrenting, So They Gonna Get Banned Soon, Haha!everyone Is A N00b At One Point..

;)

+1

ha! I Kinda Canceled Low Private Trackers Like Bitsoup And Funfile, Gave Them To My Bros, Lol. They're Still Noob In Torrenting, So They Gonna Get Banned Soon, Haha!

Every Tracker Deserves To Be Respected. No Matter How "low" You Think They Are.

If You Don't Need A Tracker Account Anymore, Delete It Or Let It Be Pruned. Giving It To Someone Who Will Get Banned Is Wrong.

The Fact That You Think This Is Very Funny Only Proves That you Are Still A N00b.
+1

----------------------------------
If i seeded it to >3, i check wheter its music, video or something else i might be using in the future, or if it are packed games or things i wont use anymore, then i put those who i might use on my external HDD, remove the files + torrents, and voila, my list is a little cleaner, and i can seed the torrents who need it with some more speed :) quite simple if its routine for you ;)

Sonnentier
06-08-2008, 04:12 PM
Usually this happens to me when I re-install my system / µTorrent configuration.
Although it isn't really a planned reset then, I really liked having a clean new start.

Probably I'd reset more often if this didn't lower longevity of files..
So usually I reset when it happens anyway, never feel like restoring all the old torrents, it's more of a relief to leave them behind :P

toyssy
06-08-2008, 04:31 PM
it's inevitable at some point :P