PDA

View Full Version : Any Other Way to Auto Download than RSS?

Bionic
06-07-2008, 08:23 PM
Hey there,

I was wondering if there's any other way to automatic download torrents than RSS? Which is one is better?

Thanks in advance,
Bionic

DuDutchy
06-07-2008, 08:57 PM
Hey there,

I was wondering if there's any other way to automatic download torrents than RSS? Which is one is better?

Thanks in advance,
BionicGo check for some auto-download IRC scripts. There are no update intervals in that scripts so it's a lot faster.

Bionic
06-07-2008, 09:03 PM
I just found that IRC Script, thanks mate! :)

dunson
06-07-2008, 09:54 PM
I've been thinking of trying IRC too, but dunno if it'll work on my Mac client...never played with IRC scripts.

I've heard IRC is much faster...

markupmaster
06-07-2008, 10:35 PM
I have heard that too,Never had a chance to try it though..

nozaku
06-07-2008, 11:48 PM
Irc is fast depending on how fast the other person is sending.
Its 1 person to another 1 person unlike torrents.

yayyyyyy
06-08-2008, 12:15 AM
:/

they were talking about announce bots and scripts that autodownload the .torrents as soon as the bots announce it (instead of waiting 15 minutes or whatever your rss client allows you as minimum)

LiMuBai
06-08-2008, 12:16 AM
Irc is fast depending on how fast the other person is sending.
Its 1 person to another 1 person unlike torrents.

I think you misundestood. They're not talking about DCC transfers from IRC. It's a script in an announce channel that lets you add torrents to your torrent client once the RSS bot announces that a new torrent has been added to the site.

edit: someone already corrected him

lackoflife
06-08-2008, 01:55 AM
Yup IRC

kukushka
06-08-2008, 06:47 AM
another way - to automatically download .torrents right from site - offline explorer enterprise, although i have problems with authentication, for some sites cookies are not enough and i can't impersonate oee as a browser ;)

waki
06-08-2008, 12:51 PM
a lil bit offtopic, but...

...is there a RSS feed for rtorrent?

i couldn't find any information about this. thanks :)

slimdogp
06-08-2008, 05:32 PM
The IRC script is really cool, its instant. It has some drawbacks too. Mainly that in order for it to truly be automated, you have to set the torrents to download into the same directory, and start automatically. Then if you are on a different site or something and want to snatch something manually, you have to turn off the autostart or it will start auto and end up mixed in with all your autodownload stuff. I guess if you're more organized it can be a real pain, if your data is thrown about willy nilly anway, then who cares :)

But its definitely something nice to have in the arsenal.

5harek
06-10-2008, 04:29 AM
сan somebody recommend more universal script, which could be used for several sites? more customizable, because the majority that i saw is written specially under a concrete site-channel

yayyyyyy
06-10-2008, 09:18 AM
a lil bit offtopic, but...

...is there a RSS feed for rtorrent?

i couldn't find any information about this. thanks :)

http://code.google.com/p/rssdler/