PDA

View Full Version : The Battle Of The Beast...

brotherdoobie
06-08-2008, 03:56 AM
It's been twenty one years...Working class Boston vs Hollywood. Kevin Garnet's heart vs Kobie's head. Paul Pierce's will to win vs Kobe's will. Defense vs Offense.

Beat LA...Beat LA...Beat LA...Beat LA...

Go Boston!

With 26 seconds to go in Game 7 of the 1982 Eastern Conference finals at the old Garden and the Sixers pulling away from the soon-to-be ex-champs the crowd began to chant the now-famous phrase. Philadelphia, after all, would be facing the hated Lakers in the NBA Finals.

-Steve Silva

ksoRtL3rcts

-bd

brotherdoobie
06-08-2008, 04:57 PM
Laker fans have no bawls. Fact. Game two: 9:00pm EST

-bd :snooty:

IdolEyes787
06-08-2008, 05:35 PM
Who will win all depends on who Kobe bet on.

brotherdoobie
06-08-2008, 05:43 PM
Does Kobe have a gambling problem? I'm confused.

-bd :idunno:

brotherdoobie
06-08-2008, 06:15 PM
LlTZM3qBpRE

-bd

brotherdoobie
06-10-2008, 12:19 AM
Boston is twosup.

-bd :snooty:

brotherdoobie
06-13-2008, 06:28 PM
The Boston Celtics comeback will go down as one of the greatest in NBA finals history. Boston threesup.

Wait...is that the fat lady I hear singing?

-bd :happy:

Skiz
06-13-2008, 07:05 PM
A comeback after being down by 29 points, on the road, in the Finals? That's what champions are made of! :yup:

brotherdoobie
06-13-2008, 07:29 PM
I can see the hunger in the big three's eyes. The Celtics simply want it more.
Champions indeed (the Celtics were down by 24, btw).

Peace, bd :01:

tralalala
06-13-2008, 07:34 PM
Nope, it's what losers are made of.. You can't drop a 29 point lead at home unless something seriously bad happens to your offense, which is exactly what happened. On top of that, the defense didn't do much to keep the Celtics off of the scoreboard.. Se la vie I guess..

brotherdoobie
06-13-2008, 07:42 PM
I agree. Something seriously bad happened to the Lakers offense...the Celtics defense.
In the fourth quarter Paul Pierce played Kobe, as well as anyone has ever played Kobe.

Fact.

-bd

tralalala
06-13-2008, 07:52 PM
I was gonna add that, but then I thought of the Lakers' defense which sucked to the max too.. Ah well, they should be able to win the last home game of the season.. Give the crowd something to cheer for.

Something Else
06-15-2008, 05:31 PM
http://img359.imageshack.us/img359/6540/shabbas2az7.jpg (http://imageshack.us)

brotherdoobie
06-15-2008, 09:15 PM
http://img359.imageshack.us/img359/6540/shabbas2az7.jpg (http://imageshack.us)

:lol:

-bd

brotherdoobie
06-16-2008, 12:13 AM
Game five sup, in about an hour. Go Celtics. Beat LA...Beat LA...Beat LA...!

-bd

tralalala
06-17-2008, 07:05 AM
Screw you, sisterboobie, we won and rawked to the max, again.. :D Kobe made some epic snatches near the end.. Fisher sucked though, missed shots he'd usually score with his eyes closed and 2 arms tied behind his back..

Lucky Garnett missed easy tip-ins too...

Ho hum, back to Boston to win game 6..... :shifty:

brotherdoobie
06-18-2008, 05:27 PM
Screw you, sisterboobie, we won and rawked to the max, again.. :D Kobe made some epic snatches near the end.. Fisher sucked though, missed shots he'd usually score with his eyes closed and 2 arms tied behind his back..

Lucky Garnett missed easy tip-ins too...

Ho hum, back to Boston to win game 6..... :shifty:

:noes:

-bd

tralalala
06-18-2008, 06:02 PM
Yeah.. Epic lose. 30+ deficit :mad:

A shite way to lose the championship, but an uber-l33t way to win it.. Shame for Phil, won't get to cover his second pinky with a 10th ring....... yet :shifty:

brotherdoobie
06-19-2008, 12:22 AM
Yeah.. Epic lose. 30+ deficit :mad:

A shite way to lose the championship, but an uber-l33t way to win it.. Shame for Phil, won't get to cover his second pinky with a 10th ring....... yet :shifty:

It was a slaughter. I loved every minute of it. I've always hated - yet respected the Lakers. However, I don't respect the current crop of Lakers.
They simply gave up.

No heart - plain and simple. The Celtics had loads of it, ftw!

-bd

tralalala
06-19-2008, 05:35 AM
What a pile of bull.. Fact is the Celtics had 3 (!!!) of the leagues superstars, all getting old and none of them with a ring yet. The Lakers have 1 superstar who's already got 3, and some of the others have been in a final before.. Their coach will need to be using his toes for rings sooner or later, and to be frank, with their current roster I think the Lakers did a mighty job finishing first in the west, while beating a superb set of players on the way.

Everyone knew Boston would be favourites this year, and they lived up to it.. It's hard to win 3 home games in a row against the team with the best record i the league.

And I still don't get this "I hate the Lakers, but respect them".. WTF is that all about?! :blink: I think their basketball is somewhat the most attractive basketball in the league.. Along with Phoenix (who don't use defense), Boston (who basically rely on their defense), NO (C.P will be one of the hawtest players in the next few years..).

So cut the crap and enjoy the game :)

brotherdoobie
06-19-2008, 06:52 AM
Almost everyone picked the Lakers to win this series. The Celtics were considered a long shot vs the Lakers. Fact.

The Lakers were dominated on the boards and everyone knows the key to rebounding - is effort. Plain and simple. Fact.

I've been a Boston Celtics fan since I was a wee lad. The Lakers are the enemy. The hated rival. However, I have always respected the Lakers because of their heart and tenacity.

What's hard to understand about that, lad? It's fucking simple, really.

Kobe wanted to win. He put in the effort. He failed - because his teammates lacked the will to win. Fact

My enjoyment of the game was brobdingnagian, like. How about you?

-bd :01:

tralalala
06-19-2008, 10:53 AM
You failed to mention the fact you were a Boston fan since you were a wee sissy.. The hatred is now tewtally understandable. Thing is, I don't get why so many other people, who are fans of, say, the Raptors, Hornets, heck, the Bobcats.. Hate the Lakers so much.. It's simply weird. They are a great team, have always been able to pursue and orsum score on any given night, and yet people "hate the Lakers"... I find it annoying. At least have a reason like you do..

And I still stand my point where I thought the Lakers would have a hard time in this series from day 1.. I thought it would be a long shot for the Lakers to win, what with no home court advantage.. But hey, losing in 6 games isn't a total shame, what when you're against some of the best player in the league, or is it a fail because we're talking about the Lakers and no one else? :unsure: