PDA

View Full Version : extreme dyslexia challenge

100%
06-09-2008, 01:48 PM
Have been paid to make a website about dylexia in kids.

Little do they know that,

1.I am mildly dyslexic
2.The site has to be in norwegian, a language i can barely write,let alone speak correctly.
3. My knowledge of html,css, php etc is annoyingly basic

Hence all dyslexics should have no problem understanding the site.

btw.
why the fuck, do dyslexic sites have over abuse of text? :wacko:

tralalala
06-09-2008, 02:11 PM
How on earth did you get the job if you can't do anything the site requires you to do!? :blink:

Skweeky
06-09-2008, 05:00 PM
I smell a rat

Mr. Mulder
06-09-2008, 05:38 PM
zomgf im dyslexic!1 :o need some help? :smilie4:

J-dye
06-09-2008, 06:35 PM
http://xs128.xs.to/xs128/08241/google_logo_dyslexia_2452.jpg

:blink:

tralalala
06-09-2008, 07:42 PM
Feck I actually went into the Google homepage to see if they really changed their logo to that one.. :lol:

Mr. Mulder
06-09-2008, 07:45 PM
well, have they? :unsure:

tralalala
06-09-2008, 07:58 PM
Nah.. Same old boring Google image. They need to switch it with an Ana Kournikova awareness day image. :yes:

100%
06-09-2008, 09:24 PM
How on earth did you get the job if you can't do anything the site requires you to do!? :blink:

When incompetent, sound convincing.
usa's prez is a genius at this.

Nah, its via a friend, who's children's education company is extremely desperate and more incompetent than me. Article comes out in newspaper tomorrow morning and they need whateverthefuck on the intertubes.

1. i get dosh
2. i learn
3. challenge

winwin

:01:

tesco
06-09-2008, 09:48 PM
Have been paid to make a website about dylexia in kids.

Little do they know that,

1.I am mildly dyslexic
2.The site has to be in norwegian, a language i can barely write,let alone speak correctly.
3. My knowledge of html,css, php etc is annoyingly basic

Hence all dyslexics should have no problem understanding the site.

btw.
why the fuck, do dyslexic sites have over abuse of text? :wacko:If you need any help with html, php, css, javascript I'm a bit past basic.;)
I won't do the work, but I mean if you have a question about something or need help to troubleshoot something I can help.

Snee
06-09-2008, 11:16 PM
I'd offer to help you with the norwegian, but there's a fair chance half of it turns to swedish if I do.

Like tessco I do know a bit about web programming (.css, html, xml, xhtml, xslt, javascript and etc.), though (but don't ask me about php), so give me a shout if there's something you can't solve there and I'll try to help you if I'm around.

If you're writing it by hand, so to speak, like I do when doing simple stuff, there are a couple of plugins for FF that may be of use for you.

Check out html-validator (to keep it w3c/tidy-compliant), firebug (for checking dodgy javascript), and web developer (can be good if you need to see where one div ends and another begins, if everything is the same colour, and for a lot of other stuff.)

http://www.w3schools.com/ is good for reference.

http://www.webdesignskolan.com/ too (especially for css), if you can handle the swedish.

For general design, as far as how stuff is actually supposed to look, I think you might be better suited to do it than me, with your background.

Just keep in mind that fonts sans-serif work better on screen, and that where to place stuff works a lot like how you'd do it with a newspaper article. Expect people to look at the upper left corner first, and a lot at the center of the screen, so keep the most important bits there.

There's more to it, and we did some research on it, if you need owt else, but that's the most important things to remember.

And do check out other sites, both for looks ('cos people are creatures of habit, so if something is done a lot, people probably expect it), and their source code.

100%
06-10-2008, 12:58 AM
Hey thanks for the help Rossco & Snee.
That validator scares the crap out of me, cause i always have such a mess.
Yes got a nice and simple css template, but i always tend to override the css with html....
you need tunnel vision for the stuff.
havent even started of the grfx yet,
still arranging & plugging in the mess of a text they sent me. (7 pages of words) (the way they sent it begs a lot of flashing gifs)
long night ahead.

Barbarossa
06-10-2008, 08:54 AM
Well if those two are offering to help then I'll offer to help too :snooty:

To be fair though, I'm not as good as snee

Skweeky
06-10-2008, 11:57 AM
computer geeks :snooty:

Mr. Mulder
06-10-2008, 12:00 PM
yeah :snooty:

Barbarossa
06-10-2008, 12:11 PM
Did you know there are no Welsh dyslexics?

Well, there probably are but it's very very hard to tell :dabs: