PDA

View Full Version : Fact

Something Else
06-11-2008, 09:35 AM
If you giveaway an account, or get one from a giveaway, all the tracker staff will see is the IP change on the account.
They will assume the original account holder and the new account holder traded.
There is a strong possibility you will both be banned and your info handed to other trackers, with you both being labeled as traders and banned from further trackers.

So don't fucking do it, for your own fucking good.

It's up to you, of course, but.
The amount of users that don't understand this simple, fucking concept astounds me. :dabs:

Ghostbusters
06-11-2008, 09:39 AM
lol

Knowledge is power... :o)

wevotedno
06-11-2008, 09:39 AM
now what?...

Ghostbusters
06-11-2008, 09:43 AM
now what?...

Ten years ago / In 1972, a crack commando unit was sent to prison by a military court (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Military_court) for a crime they didn't commit. These men promptly escaped from a maximum security (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Maximum_security) stockade (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Stockade) to the Los Angeles (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Los_Angeles%2C_California) underground. Today, still wanted by the government, they survive as soldiers of fortune (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mercenary). If you have a problem, if no one else can help, and if you can find them, maybe you can hire... The A-Team.

Something Else
06-11-2008, 09:47 AM
It seems every time we ban someone with a traded account we have to explain this to them. :dabs:

So now I can just link the to the post. :smilie4:

apextwin146
06-11-2008, 09:49 AM
You do mean IP Range change right??:huh:

If you giveaway an account, or get one from a giveaway, all the tracker staff will see is the IP change on the account.
There is a strong possibility you will both be banned and your info handed to other trackers, with you both being labeled as traders and banned from further trackers.

The amount of users that don't understand this simple, fucking concept astounds me. :dabs:

predateur
06-11-2008, 09:52 AM

cant you say it politely ?
btw you give out IP to other ? thats not cool at all lol, i understand by that (since any staff can see your IP and give it out) its not secure to be there ,
humm i think i will delete my account getting by trade lol
(seriously traders *like me lol* are much more smart then you and all your staff team)

Theif
06-11-2008, 09:59 AM
Although i dont really support trading or neither i am anti-trader, but there are few precautionary measures can be taken before making a trade.

1- Try to trade with someone from your own country.
2- If you want to trade with someone from another country, tell staff in advance that you're going to another country for some days or something and keep low profile for a while. Afterall Staff are human too. Trust me it works like a charm :)

Something Else
06-11-2008, 09:59 AM
(seriously traders *like me lol* are much more smart then you and all your staff team)

:glag: Yes of course you are. That much is clear.

Ghostbusters
06-11-2008, 10:17 AM

Funnier still when you read the original quote aloud in your best French accent.. :o)

monk3y
06-11-2008, 10:18 AM
giveaway is as bad as trading - there is no real difference.

predateur
06-11-2008, 10:45 AM

Funnier still when you read the original quote aloud in your best French accent.. :o)
anyway , with my French accent i did what staff , anti trader , non trader and all B.S think its impossible to do :) and its the reason why am here , iam not here to improve my english ....

IdolEyes787
06-11-2008, 10:58 AM
Sorry predateur but my knowledge of the English language is somewhat limited.
Did you just say that your raison d'etre is to be a cheat?

predateur
06-11-2008, 11:11 AM
no lol, i meant trading what is suposed to be impossible to trade ;)

bladesharp
06-11-2008, 11:12 AM
here comes the real answer for me for getting banned from what :D

Istanbul
06-11-2008, 11:15 AM
he's right

Something Else
06-11-2008, 11:26 AM

You think your so very clever trying to beat the system. :dabs:
The problem is, trackers aren't against users, they just want to be secure. The stance you take however is against the well being of trackers. It's people like you that are responsible for sites getting shut down. Clearly you don't give a fuck if sites get closed down. You are against BT. I would put you in the same category as anyone who is a threat to private trackers, like BREIN etc.
You are happy to take what you want and happy to treat the people that give it to you FOR FREE like shit and irresponsibly make trouble for them. Yeah great morals you have there.

It's not a fucking game kids. Staffers don't want to waste their time chasing after foolish kids. If you just respected the rules (which are there for a damn good reason) the staff could concentrate on making their sites better instead of chasing after kids who find it hilarious to break the rules and give them the runaround.

If every single trader was global banned from all the trustworthy trackers, maybe they'd learn their lesson.
People like predateur make it hard for us (staffers) to be lenient to others. In fact it's people like him that make staff in to harsh bastards.

They start off trying to help people, then, the more they are lied to repeatedly and let down, the harsher, and less trusting they are with the next guy.

So next time you are banned, blame people like him, not the staff. :dry:

Artemis
06-11-2008, 11:38 AM
I thought you had given up tilting at windmills benchez ? don't you know it's the buzz of being a 1337 trader and going through all the trackers to get to..........what I'm not quite sure, because at the end of the rainbow are the small community based trackers where the users know each other and the content is not based on pre's but on user requests, so the holy grail of the traders is a massive letdown :glag:

predateur
06-11-2008, 11:44 AM

You think your so very clever trying to beat the system. :dabs:
The problem is, trackers aren't against users, they just want to be secure. The stance you take however is against the well being of trackers. It's people like you that are responsible for sites getting shut down. Clearly you don't give a fuck if sites get closed down. You are against BT. I would put you in the same category as anyone who is a threat to private trackers, like BREIN etc.
You are happy to take what you want and happy to treat the people that give it to you FOR FREE like shit and irresponsibly make trouble for them. Yeah great morals you have there.

It's not a fucking game kids. Staffers don't want to waste their time chasing after foolish kids. If you just respected the rules (which are there for a damn good reason) the staff could concentrate on making their sites better instead of chasing after kids who find it hilarious to break the rules and give them the runaround.

If every single trader was global banned from all the trustworthy trackers, maybe they'd learn their lesson.
People like predateur make it hard for us (staffers) to be lenient to others. In fact it's people like him that make staff in to harsh bastards.

They start off trying to help people, then, the more they are lied to repeatedly and let down, the harsher, and less trusting they are with the next guy.

So next time you are banned, blame people like him, not the staff. :dry:

hey man, take it easy
you have to know , i dont trade for pleasure i trade when i want to join a tracker because in my opinion its the fastest way and easy , i dont wanna licking ass for an invite or made stupide request and write my life and my dreams there ect...
and also you have to know, i was allways good member on all of my trackers, never been banned because of trade , i was only once banned from what.cd because i gave away 3 invites here at FST(that was a big mistake)
and you have to know also , i never ever made any trouble to any of my inviter
and yeah i helped many time people to join *for free* to great trackers and hard to get (once lvl9)

if you staff of private trackers make it easy and add a channel on your IRC (for example) , where people can request and speak directly to staff so they can join i persoanly dont see any reason to trade.

IdolEyes787
06-11-2008, 11:58 AM
and also you have to know, i was allways good member on all of my trackers, never been banned because of trade , i was only once banned from what.cd because i gave away 3 invites here at FST(that was a big mistake)

Predateur if you break the most basic and important rules how can you call yourself a good member?

Something Else
06-11-2008, 12:01 PM
i was only once banned from what.cd because i gave away 3 invites here at FST(that was a big mistake)

Thanks for the tip. You know you fucked up now. :sneaky:

predateur
06-11-2008, 12:12 PM

Predateur if you break the most basic and important rules how can you call yourself a good member?
because i dont made any trouble to the site, i dont made any trouble to members, seed well, uploader on 2 sites , donor on most of my sites , dont cheat ....

Barbarossa
06-11-2008, 12:22 PM
Listen to yourselves :no:

Listen to each other :no:

Filesharing was built on freedom of information, of sharing, of being a community, of sticking it in the eye of corporate profiteering and exploitation.

You've become no better than the suits you tried to overthrow :(

It's all gone a bit animal farm - Every animal is equal, but some animals are more equal than others.

Let's get back to the essence of what this is all about, getting good quality stuff without having to pay through the nose for it.

maverick_andy
06-11-2008, 12:40 PM
lol

Knowledge is power... :o)
:lol:

Polarbear
06-11-2008, 12:44 PM
@predateur:

you know what's the difference between you and me?

you simply got no choice. you have to trade and break tracker rules to get into sites.

i don't.

and that feels sooooo good. :D

happy bumping!

psychophil
06-11-2008, 12:49 PM

Filesharing was built on freedom of information, of sharing, of being a community, of sticking it in the eye of corporate profiteering and exploitation.

It's all gone a bit animal farm - Every animal is equal, but some animals are more equal than others.

Let's get back to the essence of what this is all about, getting good quality stuff without having to pay through the nose for it.

Exactly what I was thinking.:fst:

predateur
06-11-2008, 12:52 PM
@benchez (http://filesharingtalk.com/vb3/../../members/benchez-158265)

i will let you comment this :
http://filesharingtalk.com/vb3/f-bittorrent-invites-90/t-trade-171667
http://filesharingtalk.com/vb3/f-bittorrent-invites-90/t-lvl-3-and-35-trades-171952
http://filesharingtalk.com/vb3/f-bittorrent-invites-90/t-fresh-accts-171827

now the reputable anti trader who do his best to kick traders from all trackers was a trader him self , BUT now he changed to be a good guy , and beleave he can be a good guy after his trading but he cant give chance to traders (who can do exactly same thing as him , stop trading when he got all what he want)

c'mon man, dont ignore your past..tell us why you were trader , and what was your point of view
oh and its long list to post all links (you were very active trader lol)
http://filesharingtalk.com/vb3/search.php?searchid=2907337&pp=25&page=8

maverick_andy
06-11-2008, 12:55 PM
@predateur:

you simply got no choice. you have to trade and break tracker rules to get into sites.

i don't.

happy bumping!
@polarbear
you only said that both Trade and Give Away are same in previous thread.:naughty: http://filesharingtalk.com/vb3/f-bittorrent-invites-90/t-after-absence-giveaway-great-member-299479#post2857864

if any person worthy to that site and in future he may become good contributor to that site. then my que is how come those persons enter to site if none of us do GA or trade:(.

Polarbear
06-11-2008, 01:05 PM
@predateur:

i don't.

happy bumping!
@polarbear
you only said that both Trade and Give Away are same in previous thread.:naughty: http://filesharingtalk.com/vb3/f-bittorrent-invites-90/t-after-absence-giveaway-great-member-299479#post2857864

if any person worthy to that site and in future he may become good contributor to that site. then my que is how come those persons enter to site if none of us do GA or trade:(.

there's nothing wrong with giving away invites to people you know and trust. just make sure you do it in a way that goes along with the site rules.

also there's nothing wrong with requesting invites.

Something Else
06-11-2008, 01:28 PM
now the reputable anti trader who do his best to kick traders from all trackers was a trader him self , BUT now he changed to be a good guy , and beleave he can be a good guy after his trading but he cant give chance to traders (who can do exactly same thing as him , stop trading when he got all what he want)

I don't have a single traded account. Check my username on any tracker or ask the staff there. :smilie4:

I did make the error of being an utter cunt, but, luckily for me, I was shown a better way, so deleted any accounts i had acquired in that manner.
Yes it was retarded, and yes we have plenty of former traders as members. We do give people a chance, and so do I. I don't try and get people banned from trackers, I only try and keep our place secure. That's my only objective.

If you understood my first post, you would realise I am trying to help people realise the truth about how staff see that activity. The reason I did so is because every day I have to explain that point to someone individually.
So this way the knowledge is more public.

Trying to defame people is just sad. A typical defence mechanism when you clearly realise you are in the wrong. Everyone gets a fair chance at our place, in fact, we are quite forgiving compared to some places. To say I don't give people a chance is a fabrication.

We don't try to be elitest, we are open to anyone joining who doesn't pose a security risk, as I should imagine many invite only trackers are.

Is this the bit you don't get? You say trading is 'quicker'.
Maybe you should learn a little patience. Your trading may get you in to a few places, but ultimately it will blow up in your face. :happy:

The staffers bust a gut and spend a hell of a lot of time getting users stuff they want for free. They don't get paid for it.
To then break the few, simple rules they set out is incredibly disrespectful.

sabre
06-11-2008, 01:46 PM
what site are you from benchez?

Something Else
06-11-2008, 01:50 PM
Check the community rep thread. :smilie4:

http://filesharingtalk.com/vb3/f-bittorrent-43/t-commmunity-reps-fst-232869

iTS

Tokeman
06-11-2008, 02:17 PM
So Benchez, just out of curiosity, are you against structured invite giveaways too? Not just random ones, but ones where people do their best to look into the potential recipients? Its still inviting strangers. Some trackers have rules stating only invite friends, but others take the stand of invite who you want, but you'll be responsible if they screw up.
Whats your personal take, and whats iTS's stand on this?

Something Else
06-11-2008, 02:27 PM
I thought you had me on ignore. :blink:

''I'm tired of arguing with your dumbass, so I'll just put you on ignore.''

Lost your button. :unsure:

Tokeman
06-11-2008, 02:36 PM
Yea, I did, after reading coders post, and revisiting, I was just being...well... an ass. I usually don't know when to quit, and sarcasm doesn't flow over the internet as effectively in real life, so I missed it. Not the worst thing to happen on a forum.
So, if you care to indulge me, back to the question at hand?

The Flying Cow
06-11-2008, 03:31 PM
They don't get paid for it.

Well, some don't get paid. Won't mention names, but there are people making literally bucketloads of cash in these departments.
I'm not saying you are, though.

stitched
06-11-2008, 04:21 PM
well the actual "FACT" is "when there are rules some people follow it some people dont",you cant expect everyone to stop trading just because you have.....everyone starts from 0,they will find whats right for them and do the right thing.....its a relative term.

most of them know what they do when they trade
not all trader,ex-traders are bad members....thankfull there is still "the pirate bay " and "demonoid" and "zamunda" and a few others.....most of these sites with smaller user base and fewer torrents boast of a "GREAT COMMUNITY", are just screaming for attention,they want to be recognised , they want more and more request threads in "BITTORRENT INVITE SECTION" with their name on it...

as far as ITS is concerned,i think ITS unique just like every other site,the staff are a lot friendly then what most make of them.i dont think it is an anti-trader site because i know a lot of trader friends who are good members in the site.its just the question of u either have it or u dont and not the question of trader or anti-trader. IF i knew what i know now about bittorrent and various sites when i started using it for the first time,i would have saved me A LOT OF TIME.

Tokeman
06-11-2008, 04:31 PM
as far as ITS is concerned,i think ITS unique just like every other site

Unique: one of a kind
So, iTS is one of a kind, just like every other site?
Sorry, I'm being an ass again...

WowZrBowser,
That is how I feel about giveaways. If done right, and your willing to stand behind that person, I see it as a good thing. Benchez first post just made me think, how would he (or iTS for that matter) view this? It was a thought provoking post meant to get people thinking, and it did.

stitched
06-11-2008, 04:47 PM
unique :all open sign up trackers .......and tl,norbits,swedvdr,ftn,ptn,scl,fsc,uk-t,scc........and etc etc.
unique :ITS

....like.. "YOU are unique just like every one else"

IdolEyes787
06-11-2008, 04:54 PM
as far as ITS is concerned,i think ITS unique just like every other site

It was a thought provoking post meant to get people thinking, .

Whatever stitched has seems to be catching Tokeman.:P

sokrates
06-11-2008, 05:21 PM
you have to know , i dont trade for pleasure i trade when i want to join a tracker because in my opinion its the fastest way and easy , i dont wanna licking ass for an invite or made stupide request and write my life and my dreams there ect...
hm i recently acquired one of these harder to get sites for a friend in one hour just with bugging some guys as i felt he was a decent person..
can you beat that with trading?
ah yeah.. i dont lick asses either.. ;)

S3v3N
06-11-2008, 05:26 PM
Create an account for me on iTs , then pm me the user name and password .

FileZ
06-11-2008, 07:20 PM
if u give orignal mail with user and pass , no one can catch u

S3v3N
06-11-2008, 07:22 PM

Why do you cheat ?

1000possibleclaws
06-11-2008, 07:24 PM
yeah, well what if you're moving? im moving in 3 months to somewhere 6 hours away. i doubt any trackers except your iTS tracker will think about banning me, and I'm not a member there so whatever.

S3v3N
06-11-2008, 07:24 PM

Torrent sites staff would see the ip range change .

kaffeine
06-11-2008, 07:29 PM
It's sad to see people using sites, instead of becoming members of those sites.

Truth is, people won't stop trading until they understand what it means to become a member of a community. As long as it is another place to steal faster for them, or to increase the pokemon collection, it won't matter to them.

But not all is lost ben, at least you won't waste more time explaining this concept to traders again.

Polarbear
06-11-2008, 07:29 PM

traded? no way. i moved to egypt. such a nice country to live. :lol:

mrnobody
06-11-2008, 07:40 PM

and i torrent from top of pyramid?

The Flying Cow
06-11-2008, 07:46 PM
leeching from big pharaoh's nose in stone

S3v3N
06-11-2008, 07:47 PM
The security excuse to ban traders is so lame , big sites like thepiratebay,mininova,etc etc are there and never been down.

and if bit-tards can get accounts on l33t torrent sites then anti piracy agencies can get it easily.

That's my opinion may be i am wrong .

The Flying Cow
06-11-2008, 07:54 PM
S3v3N if an undercover pig wants to get inside a tracker to then prosecute it, all he'd have to do is trade.

IMO that would be much easier than integrating into a community and taking the time to know people, then get invited.

If the pig took the latter route, by the time he was in the "1337" sites like you put them, he'd have been converted, and wouldn't want to harm the community anymore.

FileZ
06-11-2008, 08:40 PM
if u give orignal mail with user and pass , no one can catch uTorrent sites staff would see the ip range change .

u can try it by your self if u dont believe me , u can trade any tracker and no one can catch u

Real Fact ^^

spam , eh ?

DKre8ive1
06-11-2008, 10:09 PM
Here is a scenario that has happened and could happen to people that trade accounts and end up even bringing in innocent people that have no idea what happened into the mix.

1.User A trades account to User B
2.User B cheats and gets caught cheating
3.User A's and B's IP and usernames are passed around the different sites that work together to stop account trading and cheaters.
4.User A and B end up loosing a few accounts and if caught on some sites even there inviter's get there invite privileges removed or worse.

User A is labeled as a person who invites cheats/trades accounts and User B is labeled a chest/account trader and the different inviter's are left wondering what the hell did they do to loose there invite privileges or worse.

Here is how I see invite requests working a good user makes an invite request on FST and someone with invites reads it and maybe has an invite to spare, so he/she does a little background checking by reading posts on here and maybe even asking other trusted members on here for advice.

After all this if the inviter feels he wants to invite the person he asks for ratio proofs and any other info he feels he needs and fills the request threw pm.

This way there is no trade and more then likely you will have invited someone that will contribute to the site in question and make you feel good for inviting that person.

DV8type
06-11-2008, 10:28 PM
trackers aren't against users, they just want to be secure. The stance you take however is against the well being of trackers. It's people like you that are responsible for sites getting shut down. Clearly you don't give a fuck if sites get closed down. You are against BT. I would put you in the same category as anyone who is a threat to private trackers, like BREIN etc.

It's not a fucking game kids. Staffers don't want to waste their time chasing after foolish kids.

:clap::clap:

LiMuBai
06-11-2008, 10:37 PM
Here is a scenario that has happened and could happen to people that trade accounts and end up even bringing in innocent people that have no idea what happened into the mix.

3.User A's and B's IP and usernames are passed around the different sites that work together to stop account trading and cheaters.
4.User A and B end up loosing a few accounts and if caught on some sites even there inviter's get there invite privileges removed or worse.

User A is labeled as a person who invites cheats/trades accounts and User B is labeled a chest/account trader and the different inviter's are left wondering what the hell did they do to loose there invite privileges or worse.

Here is how I see invite requests working a good user makes an invite request on FST and someone with invites reads it and maybe has an invite to spare, so he/she does a little background checking by reading posts on here and maybe even asking other trusted members on here for advice.

After all this if the inviter feels he wants to invite the person he asks for ratio proofs and any other info he feels he needs and fills the request threw pm.

This way there is no trade and more then likely you will have invited someone that will contribute to the site in question and make you feel good for inviting that person.

And if someone from the authorities wanted to get into these 'high level' sites, what would stop them from making a few cute posts here talking about 'community' and getting accounts on other sites, using a seedbox there and have these 'ratio proofs'. Now you're still inviting someone who you don't want to join your community but it wasn't a trade at all.
I just think that it would be smarter for the authorities to go after large communities like TL or RevTT because it's not only easier to get into them but theres more content being spread around and perhaps they're making more profits. Yet, I don't see any of the staff from those sites coming here and talking about trading and protecting their sites.
This doesnt mean i'm pro/anti trading. It's just that excuse of traders bringing down sites is lame. If the authorities decide to take down a tracker, they have many more ways to do it than 'trading'. Stopping people from trading is not going to stop sites from getting busted.

Polarbear
06-11-2008, 10:47 PM

that's right. allow me to add, that it doesn't matter if user A trades the account to user B or gives it away for free. the results are the same.

it's even more likely because people who give away accounts are usually not very careful who they choose. they claim to help other members when they in fact just do it for the pseudo "i did a lot of giveaways, now invite me" reputation.

accounts shouldn't change hands at all. don't give accounts, don't take accounts. not in trades, not for free.

if you want to become a member of a private torrent site be yourself, have your own identity and you'll get invited.

there's not a single site that wants fakes, traders and rule breakers.

Yet, I don't see any of the staff from those sites coming here and talking about trading and protecting their sites.

they are fed up with fst. they don't warn you, but ban you instantly when caught. you should be lucky that some other tracker staff spend their time to discuss here at all.

psychophil
06-11-2008, 11:11 PM
that's right. allow me to add, that it doesn't matter if user A trades the account to user B or gives it away for free. the results are the same.

it's even more likely because people who give away accounts are usually not very careful who they choose. they claim to help other members when they in fact just do it for the pseudo "i did a lot of giveaways, now invite me" reputation.

accounts shouldn't change hands at all. don't give accounts, don't take accounts. not in trades, not for free.

if you want to become a member of a private torrent site be yourself, have your own identity and you'll get invited.

Yet, I don't see any of the staff from those sites coming here and talking about trading and protecting their sites.

they are fed up with fst. they don't warn you, but ban you instantly when caught. you should be lucky that some other tracker staff spend their time to discuss here at all.

Yes, well said polarbear if a user no longer requires a tracker acc.
Then they should
1) Ask a staff member to delete it or
2) Let it be inactive until it is disabled.
They should NOT trade or giveaway an acc.

DKre8ive1
06-11-2008, 11:12 PM
And if someone from the authorities wanted to get into these 'high level' sites, what would stop them from making a few cute posts here talking about 'community' and getting accounts on other sites, using a seedbox there and have these 'ratio proofs'. Now you're still inviting someone who you don't want to join your community but it wasn't a trade at all.

I never have never stated in any of my posts that the authorities can't get into any site if they wanted too I am sure they will find a way.

I just think that it would be smarter for the authorities to go after large communities like TL or RevTT because it's not only easier to get into them but theres more content being spread around and perhaps they're making more profits. Yet, I don't see any of the staff from those sites coming here and talking about trading and protecting their sites.

Different sites have different goals they wish to obtain and have different ways of handling things.

This doesnt mean i'm pro/anti trading. It's just that excuse of traders bringing down sites is lame. If the authorities decide to take down a tracker, they have many more ways to do it than 'trading'. Stopping people from trading is not going to stop sites from getting busted.

Again I have never stated that traders have brought down a site but could it happen yes. Has it happened in the past who knows not me thats for sure.

LiMuBai
06-11-2008, 11:17 PM
Sorry DKre8ive1, I didn't mean to imply that you said all that. I was actually going to make a different point about your post but ended up saying something else. I was just responding to the general theme of the thread. heh. sorry again. It wasn't meant to be anything personal against you.

The Flying Cow
06-11-2008, 11:19 PM
Ultimately, I think what tracker staff dislike in the whole trader arena is that that way they cannot know for sure who their user pool are.

Imagine if you were running a tracker for a small number of people (like ScL, or FSC) and you wanted to make sure you knew/had an idea who all your userbase were. Don't you think if people started giving their accounts away or trading them, that that would make everything so much more complicated?

I can't see what the attractive in holding an account that doesn't have your own handpicked username/internet "identity" in is. I mean it would be like re-using a condom..

mievmo
06-11-2008, 11:21 PM
Account = Private use.
Invite = For friends :/

Simulador
06-11-2008, 11:21 PM
besides...why would anybody trade an iTS acc????

IdolEyes787
06-11-2008, 11:35 PM
t

I can understand their frustration but FST is far from monster that you make it out to be polarbear.
There's a lot that goes on here besides the account and invite part of it.
I have learned a lot about trackers that I would have a hard time finding out anywhere else.
If certain sites choose to look at only the negatives then they are doing a disservice to a large number of the people here .

Polarbear
06-11-2008, 11:41 PM
I mean it would be like re-using a condom..

good analogy.

what many people don't understand is, that most of the trackers that are on the top of that dreaded list in the invite section are communities. a main part of being a part of these communities is getting to know other members.
it's impossible to know someone when the person behind the username is changing as it happens with account trading. that's why trading or giving away accounts ruins the community aspect of a site.

There's a lot that goes on here besides the account and invite part of it.
I have learned a lot about trackers that I would have a hard time finding out anywhere else.
If certain sites choose to look at only the negatives then they are doing a disservice to a large number of the people here .
i know. otherwise i wouldn't post here.

LiMuBai
06-12-2008, 12:03 AM
Yes, well said polarbear if a user no longer requires a tracker acc.
Then they should
1) Ask a staff member to delete it or
2) Let it be inactive until it is disabled.
They should NOT trade or giveaway an acc.

People shouldn't do alot of things. Everyone has a different opinion on what people should/shouldn't do. If you ask riaa/mpaa they'll tell you that you shouldn't be pirating their property. I have a feeling that if you tell people not to do something, of course they'll be more curious than ever and try that exact thing. It's wishful thinking that people would just stop trading accounts.

It doesn't help when there are reviews of trackers saying it's a 'secret' tracker. what the hell. i would want to know whats the big secret one way or another. Why not just give an honest review instead of someone from the tracker boasting it up.

MadIrish
06-12-2008, 02:03 AM

:clap:

What the hell has happened to the concept of file sharing?

:thumbsup:

Trading or giving away accounts is just plain nuts imo, and shows no regard for whatever tracker, I don't get it at all. Giving out the occasional invite in an altruistic fashion to someone looking for one, who you've done your best to establish is genuine and likely to be a good user, in a way that does not break a site's rules, is completely different.

I've got access to every site I could ever want or need over the years, most through open-signup at some point of the sites life, a few from a real life friend or two, a few from being offered them out of the blue in conversation with like-minded people on trackers, and one or two after staff members on sites have offered them in other site's forums. And I've given some out in the same way, to real-life friends, to people who have been helpful and asked nothing in return, and to people with good, long standing accounts on trackers I use who would contribute positively wherever they are invited.

In doing it that way I'm proud to have brought a few good members to some of the sites I enjoy using, while never jeopardizing a sites safety, or the status of my accounts..... and I've never had an invitee banned anywhere (just a couple of disabled for inactivity). That's a good feeling.

LuckIEE
06-12-2008, 02:06 AM

what if you signon from a different location regularly??

jam0980tr
06-12-2008, 02:33 AM

1+

DKre8ive1 what he said he is 100% right that's how i got into a tracker that i allways wanted for my music... And am still there uploading more than i download..

p.s i have been here for a bit now and i have learnt few things about public invite giveaways ect.. it's not safe to give out to people you don't know, i tryed it in the pass learnt alot frm them and i see theres no point in giveaways. If i need something i ask my mates on msn if they haven't got it then i will ask here.

Nemrod
06-12-2008, 04:33 AM
"Private tracker" means exactly that: a private site for sharing things running by a group of guys who make some rules. Itīs their site, they use their skills, time and efforts to do something they want in a very clear way. And by doing that , they are putting their asses in risk.
I donīt know why people think that trackers are something they have the right to have, like Social Security, free education or government assistance. No sir, the UNO does not have a budget for supporting trackers, nobody has that right, not me, not you, not he guy at your left hand. You MAY join to those sites if your profile is what the owners and workers of the site are looking for. Is that so hard to understand?

Imagine you have a party in your house, you tell your friends to go, and the closest can go with company, if I am invited by you, you are expecting to me... not a guy nobody knows who goes there with my ID. You are my friend, you know how I am and you know Iīll keep a good behavior, and if I go with a friend, you assume itīs somebody I vouch for him, no problem... and if he/she is not... if he steals your momma earrings Iīll be in deep troubles, Iīll lose your friendship, and all our mutual friends will know I am an irresponsible guy, but even in the worst case you localized the problem... but if you are at the door, ask a guy youīve never seen before his name and says: Hey, I am Nemrod, Iīm pretty sure that in that case youīd kick my ass immediately.

Curious, people that believe they have the right to have any single tracker they want, and use any way to get it, are the same that always say they donīt donate, are the same that always have fun giving addresses to sites donīt want that, are the same that disrespect to everybody, not only staff... users too. Are always the same that donīt give a shit for anything else except their own whims.

And I never understood the security thing like something strictly related to authorities, the security of a site is much more than that... Iīd say that even the most naive staff knows that if any authority wants to join to a site, they will get it. Security is not having cheaters, is to be sure that uploaders are good people and wonīt upload a torrent called "Walt Disny-Bambi-1942" and when you burn it you find that you downloaded "Taylor Rain in Weapons of anal destruction" (something like that happened to me in eMule). Security is that the users wonīt receive PMs offering Viagra, easy money or free pass to porn sites, security is that if a torrent status says that there are 25 seeders, there are in fact 25 seeders and not 4 seeding real data and 21 sending fake data. Security is that for being a member you have access to things that can put in risk the site, and thatīs why the guys put their asses in risk MUST know who the hell is each and everyone of the members in THEIR site.

Every site has rules, almost always basic rules, easy to follow... if by any reason you are not agree with them or you canīt do the required, go on, find other site but donīt get into that because what you are doing is that because of you, those that are good users every day have more and more restrictions and in 1 year from now we all will be suspects, every day the most of trackers are restricting invites and signups... and that, due to "proud" behaviors like some I read here is what is fucking off the whole torrent thing.

sear
06-12-2008, 04:41 AM

wrong :01:

Edit:

good post Nemrod though a bit long but I've been know to write novels myself...I did like the party analogy.

But mainly the thing is staffers are busy enough as it is. They work for free and they can't be fucked messing around with traders. If there was not traders and H&runners and cheaters all your favorite trackers would be much more interesting /fact.

Detale
06-12-2008, 05:29 AM
S3v3N if an undercover pig wants to get inside a tracker to then prosecute it, all he'd have to do is trade.

IMO that would be much easier than integrating into a community and taking the time to know people, then get invited.

If the pig took the latter route, by the time he was in the "1337" sites like you put them, he'd have been converted, and wouldn't want to harm the community anymore.

Or they could just go to Ebay or some of the more unscrupulous forums out there that allow selling of invites and simply buy one. Fastest+Easiest IMO

OK first off PB you're gay but right...well kind of, I completely agree that acct trading is just plain wrong for reasons that have either been said here or I don't have the energy to explain right now. Actually I never understood why someone wouldn't want their own identity. I myself regret from my olde time trading days that my nick is Pariah on sites and Detale here I wish I had the same name everywhere but such is life

But to speak for other tracker staff and say that they are "fed up" with FST is not only irresponsible but foolish as well. Sure you are a well known and good torrent community member but you are in no way a rep for the entire staff out there to and to generalize and say they are fed up is just wrong bro.

To be accurate you would have to go around and ask why to each individual staff member of every tracker everywhere so there goes that. There are many many reasons they do not post here some of which are but not limited to

1. Just don't give a 5hit if about trading

This is something that is WAY overlooked many many sites couldn't give a flying f@ck what so ever FACT!

2. They are not allowed here, after being caught trying to hunt traders and have had there access to the invite section removed.

3. Um maybe they just don't know about FST. I know we are a great and wonderful site but there are many other far worse "invite trading" forums out there that would warrant their attention before FST ever did.

4. Just to get this in Sear is a homo too

bananafurry
06-12-2008, 06:21 AM
great thread benchi :>
so guys respect our rules/wishes so we can respect you :D
help us improve our sites/communities, time that we spend on chasing traders/cheaters/scammers should be spent on improving our sites we have reall lifes too you know :>

Polarbear
06-12-2008, 06:57 AM
Sure you are a well known and good torrent community member but you are in no way a rep for the entire staff out there to and to generalize and say they are fed up is just wrong bro.

i was never speaking about the entire staff out there. i was referring to the two trackers darkrival mentioned (those sites). i don't know about revtt, but i know that tl staff doesn't post here anymore, doesn't offer support, but pops up in the invite section when there's someone to ban once in a while.

with this i wanted to say that just because they (the two sites mentioned) don't show up here, doesn't mean that they're not concerned about the security of their sites and condone trading.

it would be nice if every site had a (active) com rep here. people would see that there are real persons behind trackers and maybe that would lead to a little more respect for the sites and their rules.

i think you misunderstood my statment as an allegation against fst and the way tracker staff are treated here.

i know you have good relations with most staff and it's often not our fault that they disappear or simply don't post anymore.

on the other hand you can you blame them for not being happy and active on a forum that attracts most of its members by giving them a platform to break their rules?

the deal you offer to com reps is a fair one, even though we know that the rules can only be enforced to a certain level. at least it doesn't happen in public anymore which is a major step to narrow the account dealing.

some staff made the (imo) wrong the decision to break this contract.

let's also not forget that despite all the trash that is posted here everyday fst is a big promotion machine for private trackers. it's also the biggest indepedent forum where tracker owners can get honest feedback.
that feedback should be seen as a gift, because on the site members will never speak their mind in such an open and truthful way as they do it here.
fst is a trend indicator for the private tracker scene.

i can't stand it when (new) trackers use fst for marketing reasons and once they have enough members turn their back on us.

to summarize it, you are right. each and every tracker staff member has his individual reasons to be active here or not.

i appreciate those who take part here very much, but i can also understand those who say they don't give a fuck about fst.

p.s. now give me a kiss you little rent boy.

edit:

great thread benchi :>
so guys respect our rules/wishes so we can respect you :D
help us improve our sites/communities, time that we spend on chasing traders/cheaters/scammers should be spent on improving our sites we have reall lifes too you know :>

+1 on the com rep count. you see?

soulreaper
06-12-2008, 10:32 AM
A year back trading was pretty cool to do here on FST, even FST mods used to do it.Hell even tracker staff did it(Peci and Mofo come to mind).

Today trading is looked down upon by former traders(LOL),retired users(whatever the fuck that means) and ofcourse our dearly beloved anti-traders.Now it's cool to have "anti-trader" in your sig/avatar,like flashing a badge of honour.

This anti-trader movement grew even more when sites like iTS/SCL/PTN came up here recruiting members with the condition that they shouldn't be traders.So, everybody now wanted to join these exclusive sites and had "anti-trader" in their sigs/avatar to gain access.

Finally traders/anti-traders are all pirates that probably never bought a fuckin music cd/dvd in their lives after they discovered torrenting and similar piracy avenues.Now these very same people call it filesharing and not filestealing.

Human nature coming to the fore,that's all there is to it,everything else is adulterated bullshit.
For pure unadulterated entertainment though,FST is the place to be.

bananafurry
06-12-2008, 11:00 AM
blablablabla

This anti-trader movement grew even more when sites like iTS/SCL/PTN came up here recruiting members with the condition that they shouldn't be traders.So, everybody now wanted to join these exclusive sites and had "anti-trader" in their sigs/avatar to gain access.

and blablabla

i don't know about iTS or PTN but ScL never recruited people on any sites, we are against public invites giveaways .

sokrates
06-12-2008, 12:14 PM
hm i actually started to buy more after starting with filesharing..

stroj
06-12-2008, 12:32 PM
i don't know about iTS or PTN but ScL never recruited people on any sites, we are against public invites giveaways .

you only had your open-signup link posted all over the forums. :-P
sorry mate, i know..;)

bananafurry
06-12-2008, 12:54 PM
haha yes thats right but this wasn't our job, and i think soulreaper was refering to the sites that have been closed signups from the very beginning :>

bladesharp
06-12-2008, 12:55 PM
Something like this should happen like stroj said ....if not .. just wondering how a community will grow !!!..

DKre8ive1
06-12-2008, 08:52 PM
Now these very same people call it filesharing and not filestealing.

It could be considered filestealing if when userA grabs a file from UserB and then UserB don't longer have the file. But since UserB still has a copy then guess what it is called filesharing.

Something like this should happen like stroj said ....if not .. just wondering how a community will grow !!!..

Not every torrent site out there wants to be a huge site like TL or some of the others and so they have never had the need to open signups and slowly but surely the site grows.

Like I have said before different sites have different goals in mind.

DKre8ive1
06-13-2008, 01:14 AM
To give you an idea.
We had open signups... People mentioned it here.
We had a total of 211 Users who signed up for new accounts FROM FST.

Yet since then...
Based on Invites/account trades we have seen go by..
(Wont mention how)
I myself have banned 647 accounts in the last 2 months from FST alone.
(Notice keyword MYSELF. Other staffs bans are not accumulated in this total.)

People say when sites let them in they dont have to trade/cheat their way into our sites.
Yet my own sites results show quite the opposite.
When we give you doors/invites to get in people dont want to go about getting in by those routes. They prefer to get in by trades/giveaways.

Its sad really because you give the user the opportunity to do the right thing and only have one account, but they end up setting up two or three so they can later trade them. I am not saying everyone at FST does this, but I sure hate the people that take advantage of a good opportunity and ruin it for everyone else.

stoi
06-13-2008, 01:37 AM
I have to agree with the above staff here.

If we did not get loads of dupe accounts, cheats, traders, Hit and runners (which ties into the dupe accounts) i would open all the time.

I would love 100,000 individual members who will use the tracker, take part in the community, play fair etc.

But the truth of the matter is, 90% just dont.

I would forcast that if we opened the site up for 100,000 members, like we have done in the past (we have nearly 50,000 now) so thats 50,000 new members, 40,000 of them will be scum (members i mentioned above).

for the dupes there are 2 kinds of users that make dupes.

1: Members that sign up, grab 2-4 games, go into KL, open another account, grab 2-4 games go into KL you get the idea

2: "oh BCG is open" make as many accounts as they can, because they will be closing again, i have all these accounts i can either trade to get into the higher more exclusive trackers, or i can sell the things and make a bit of profit.

lets just say, it pisses me off, and thats the reason we were closed for so long last year. If everyone played fair, i would open up full time, no problem there, but they dont, so we cant.

Swax
06-13-2008, 02:33 AM
The staffers bust a gut and spend a hell of a lot of time getting users stuff they want for free. They don't get paid for it.
To then break the few, simple rules they set out is incredibly disrespectful.

"Private tracker" means exactly that: a private site for sharing things running by a group of guys who make some rules. Itīs their site, they use their skills, time and efforts to do something they want in a very clear way.

Two very valid points in my eyes. :yup:

Some people seem to have different opinions on Account Traders and Invite Traders though. They'll happily admit that account trading is wrong, yet they think Invite Trading is fine.

A simple analogy: "You can't trade chickens..but you can happily trade eggs"

So you can't trade chickens, but you can trade eggs..which over time become chickens anyway, right? An egg and a chicken are essentially the same thing, just at different stages on a timeline.
I beg to see why Accounts and Invites are treated separately, when they are the same thing; access for a user to the private tracker.

For this reason I am not a Community Rep here. I would not endorse the trading of ScT invites simply to 'stamp out' account trading. Reducing the account trading would never outweigh the approval of invite trading, in my personal opinion for the site I represent.

stoi
06-13-2008, 03:11 AM
Nice analogy, and this reply does not mean i agree with invite trading, but i dont think it is "as bad" as account trading.

Account Trading:

That egg will more than likely turn into a crocodile. (it was a chicken, but as soon as the account holder decided to trade it, it goes back into being an egg, new member gets it, it hatches again)

Lurk in the shallow waters, hiding in the reeds, then when your least expecting it, jump out and take you under.

or

Trade the account, come to the tracker, just download/upload but never be a part of the community, and could turn out to be a nasty critter if he ever does show his ugly head.

Invite Trading:

That egg could turn out to be a gorgeous beautiful Swan, who will show off, and spread its wings and soar into the air without a care in the world.

or

They get to sign up in their own name, their inviter also has some restrictions placed on him for his invitee, so he will be careful who he invites (or should be). because the member has his own ID, he will be more likely to take part in the community and get to know other members and staff.

there is a chance they could turn into a crocodile but a slimmer chance than an account trade imo

LoKaLiRi
06-13-2008, 03:33 AM
changing ip = trader = ban = staff must explain why :P

Artemis
06-13-2008, 03:38 AM

Really :blink:, it is the staff's right to do anything they wish and changing IP, by this I mean complete C class range from one ISP or even country to another is the best way to track if a trade has been completed. The burden of proof is on the user if such a radical change happens, unless of course you know a staff member well enough and actually bother to notify staff that you are changing ISP's or country ?

bladesharp
06-13-2008, 03:58 AM
And how about the invite tree gettign disabled? got an invite from someone ("obviously not traded") a.k.a by the fair game .. and was waiting for that tracker for a long time and defenitly will have a promise and commitment .. but one day someone else in the tree did something or did a public give away ... and the whole tree got banned .. initially was wondering what mistake did and y its happened.. the level of frustration is very high during that period.... :( ( From my autobiography)

Polarbear
06-13-2008, 04:11 AM
usually people know in advance that they are going to move or change their isp. leave a note in your profile or pm a staff member before it happens.

"i had to move to the middle-east all over sudden" afterwards in irc doesn't count.

i would love to see a list of the top reasons for ip change of disabled users.

could be amusing.

"i was doing service in bagdad and there was this internet cafe ...."
"i chose an israeli isp because i wanted to improve my hebrew..."
"i always wanted to travel eastern europe..."
"those brazilian girls were awesome, but all i could think of was torrents ..."
"indian teenagers saved my life after a snake bite, so i gave them my bitmetv account..."
"i was arrested in romania. prison was boring but they had a 100mbit connection..."
:P

the top reason has already been mentioned:

"torrenting from the top of a pyramid is so much fun!"

bananafurry
06-13-2008, 09:57 AM
And how about the invite tree gettign disabled? got an invite from someone ("obviously not traded") a.k.a by the fair game .. and was waiting for that tracker for a long time and defenitly will have a promise and commitment .. but one day someone else in the tree did something or did a public give away ... and the whole tree got banned .. initially was wondering what mistake did and y its happened.. the level of frustration is very high during that period.... :( ( From my autobiography)

i beat this invite tree had rotten roots :D, i mean probably there was too many traders so staff disabled everyone ( its called prevention ) to avoid future problems.

lol @polarbear you have right it is really amusing sometimes, my favourit is "satellite connection ( guy told us hes from iraq ) ips from us,nl,uk,de and 30gb/day of upload ( guy was swearing he dont have shell account )" oO
when i asked him for direct link to hes speedtest he disconected sudenlly :>

Artemis
06-13-2008, 10:40 AM
@ polarbear :glag:

IdolEyes787
06-13-2008, 10:57 AM

actually bother to notify staff that you are changing ISP's or country

Quite a radical solution there Artemis,actually taking the time to communicate your situation to the proper people.
For all the knowledge some members have about all things relative to torrenting,they seemed to have missed the basics didn't they?;)

And polarbear "those brazilian girls were awesome, but all i could think of was torrents ..." nobody's that stupid.:lol:

Nemrod
06-13-2008, 01:12 PM
And polarbear "those brazilian girls were awesome, but all i could think of was torrents ..." nobody's that stupid.:lol:

Take a look, youīll find even more stupid justifications.:lol:

sear
06-13-2008, 01:51 PM

Really :blink:, it is the staff's right to do anything they wish and changing IP, by this I mean complete C class range from one ISP or even country to another is the best way to track if a trade has been completed. The burden of proof is on the user if such a radical change happens, unless of course you know a staff member well enough and actually bother to notify staff that you are changing ISP's or country ?

thanks I wanted to post pretty much the same thing when I read that comment but didn't because I didn't want to come across as too hostile.