PDA

View Full Version : Americans!

Squeamous
06-11-2008, 04:43 PM
What's with the way you sick fucks write your dates, eh?

When you ask someone the time you wouldn't expect them to say 'eleven twenty minutes past' would you?

It's not civilised I tell you! :fist:

Something Else
06-11-2008, 05:54 PM
:lol:

I tewtally agree. It's mental.

Skiz
06-11-2008, 05:56 PM
I think the same about y'all.

When expressing a date, it makes more sense to me to state the month prior to the date, but I guess that's just the way it was learned and thus, computes better. :unsure:

Something Else
06-11-2008, 06:05 PM
So ewe don't call it 11/9 :unsure:

Skiz
06-11-2008, 06:07 PM
I also had a tough time in Spanish classes in college for the same reason.

It took me forever to remember that as a rule, adjectives in Spanish go after the noun, the opposite of English.

Skiz
06-11-2008, 06:07 PM
So ewe don't call it 11/9 :unsure:

November 9th? Yes. :unsure:

Something Else
06-11-2008, 06:11 PM
http://www.deadlinehollywooddaily.com/wp-content/uploads/2006/12/onesheet.jpg

Something Else
06-11-2008, 06:12 PM
So it really happened in november :unsure:

The cover up stories are true. :fear:

Skiz
06-11-2008, 06:17 PM
I call that garbage. Rubbish, if you will.

J-dye
06-11-2008, 06:20 PM
I think the same about y'all.

When expressing a date, it makes more sense to me to state the month prior to the date. :unsure:

What we got here is... failure to communicate.

Some men you just can't reach. So you get what we had here last week, which is the way he wants it... well, he gets it. I don't like it any more than you men.

:glag:

Skiz
06-11-2008, 06:37 PM
Great movie.

I love the opening scene where he's cutting the tops off the parking meters. :lol:

J-dye
06-11-2008, 07:01 PM
:cheers:

paul newman >mulder

Squeamous
06-11-2008, 07:39 PM
I'm sorry, I'm not going to accept that any film/fantadocudramabollocks that fat cunt ever makes has any redeeming features whatsoever.

IdolEyes787
06-11-2008, 08:04 PM
I'm sorry, I'm not going to accept that any film/fantadocudramabollocks that fat cunt ever makes has any redeeming features whatsoever.

What are you talking about?
Hud,The Sting,Cat on a Hot Tin Roof,The Hustler,Butch Cassidy and the Sundance Kid etc.

I never get over the ignorance of some of you people.

kallieb
06-11-2008, 08:25 PM
I think she meant Michael Moore, but I could be wrong.

IdolEyes787
06-11-2008, 08:30 PM
But what movies was Paul Newman in then?

JPaul
06-11-2008, 08:31 PM
I think he knew that.

Squeamous
06-11-2008, 10:23 PM
Since when has Paul Newman been a fat annoying queynt? Do keep up fucko.

brotherdoobie
06-12-2008, 03:46 AM
He did eat a bunch of his salad dressing - towards the end.

-bd :idunno:

Squeamous
06-12-2008, 06:51 AM
Is he dead now then? :unsure:

wazza100
06-12-2008, 09:04 AM
what about the fact that every country has to imitate the american way to the minutest detail, if the american way was half decent most of the time that wouldn't bother me but......

Skiz
06-12-2008, 09:21 AM
No one has to do a fucking thing.

If anyone imitates things or ideals that originate in the USA, it's their choosing.

Have you anything to represent this point?

Barbarossa
06-12-2008, 09:48 AM
I always express dates as year-month-day.

Anything else is mental, like. :mellow:

Barbarossa
06-12-2008, 09:51 AM
I also had a tough time in Spanish classes in college for the same reason.

It took me forever to remember that as a rule, adjectives in Spanish go after the noun, the opposite of English.

It's also hard because all the damn words are different :fist:

Squeamous
06-12-2008, 10:28 AM
I always express dates as year-month-day.

Anything else is mental, like. :mellow:

I prefer to follow the Arabic calendar :snooty:.

Barbarossa
06-12-2008, 10:31 AM
Sounds hawt, does it contain sexy burkha pics?

dinsdale
06-12-2008, 10:32 AM
Well they insist on speaking English, so they do copy us too...

Squeamous
06-12-2008, 10:34 AM
Sounds hawt, does it contain sexy burkha pics?

Yeah, but the upskirt shots are a bit disappointing :unsure:

kallieb
06-13-2008, 01:47 AM
Burkha Blue bloomers...how quaint. I'm sure they'll be vamped out at the next Victoria's Secret Lingerie show.

Detale
06-13-2008, 08:11 AM
On topic, Have you nothing else to bitch about? To me it makes perfect sense

I also hate that fat liberal bastard but the movie Roger and me was quite good. He is also a "friend" of filesharing so he has that going for him.

His first movie Roger and me was pretty good though I have to say

As far as 9-11 goes us from NYC mostly say September 11th. The term 911 annoys me a bunch though.

what about the fact that every country has to imitate the american way to the minutest detail, if the american way was half decent most of the time that wouldn't bother me but......

WHAT!? First off the American way fuckin ROCKS!! Thats why others want to imitate us so much
http://www.pattycakeproductions.com/gif_rines/usarocks.gif

Let the shitstorm ensue USA FTW!

Squeamous
06-13-2008, 10:30 AM
Evidently I don't have anything else to bitch about, or I'd be doing it.

clocker
06-13-2008, 12:37 PM
One must keep in practice.

Squeamous
06-13-2008, 12:49 PM
Eggzackerly.

Alien5
06-13-2008, 12:51 PM
zackearly really really really much.

j2k4
06-13-2008, 09:54 PM
http://www.deadlinehollywooddaily.com/wp-content/uploads/2006/12/onesheet.jpg

Wow.

Massive, overwhelming respect, real sudden-like.

I gotta sit down...:huh:

Proper Bo
06-13-2008, 09:56 PM
To be fair, he's good at bending the truth to make his point.

j2k4
06-13-2008, 10:11 PM

To be even fairer, bent truth doesn't make for worthwhile points. :whistling

Proper Bo
06-13-2008, 10:18 PM
I'm not saying it does but he is good at what he does tho', considering the millions of people who believe him.

Biggles
06-13-2008, 10:27 PM
There is not a lot of point in making fun of GW - he is always going to top anything you say about him himself.

j2k4
06-13-2008, 11:32 PM
I'm not saying it does but he is good at what he does tho', considering the millions of people who believe him.

Yes, he's very good at fleecing the ignorant. :whistling

DKre8ive1
06-14-2008, 06:24 AM
I think GW is stuck in the matrix and probably should take the red pill before he leaves office.

brotherdoobie
06-14-2008, 10:44 PM

Yes, he's very good at fleecing the ignorant. :whistling

Don't be so hard on yourself, Kevin. He fleeced all types. I'm still not quite sure how - I mean he was blatantly obvious.

-bd :idunno:

Detale
06-15-2008, 06:50 AM
Evidently I don't have anything else to bitch about, or I'd be doing it.
touché

So was Hitler, and idiots followed him as well

Detale
06-21-2008, 06:51 AM
Nothing?

brotherdoobie
06-21-2008, 07:45 AM
Nothing?

Sometimes that's for the best. Maybe you should try that more often.

-bd

Detale
06-21-2008, 05:52 PM
Yes sir I will look into that asap

davidav
06-22-2008, 12:13 AM
First, got to do someting with fahrenheit and feet too.
It killed me twice during a science class.

ukgenius
06-22-2008, 07:58 PM
OK this has really gone off topic but yes I agree that the American way is seriously screwed up. Its just not common sense to do it the english way/the normal way

j2k4
06-22-2008, 08:52 PM
OK this has really gone off topic but yes I agree that the American way is seriously screwed up. Its just not common sense to do it the english way/the normal way

Well, we actually intended to do things differently, you see. :whistling

brotherdoobie
06-22-2008, 11:20 PM

Fair point.

-bd

ukgenius
06-22-2008, 11:25 PM

Yep maybe so but the idea is still wrong:D

trackrider
06-23-2008, 12:05 AM

well, historically all nations have there own little bumps along the way :cry: and I think we have had our share here lately but soon it will be someone else turn :unsure: and I agree we actually did have a different plan in mind :whistling

Detale
06-23-2008, 12:09 AM

What! dude you are out of your mind, We do have our problems and sure we are not perfect, but I believe we are the best civilization that us as humans have come up with in recorded history. We are not completely free no, but we are the most free of any nation there is without having anarchy. Don't be angry because we kicked England's ass back across the "pond". Look Im only kidding, I happen to like most Brit's but don't start with the USA bashing around me I think other countries are great but I LOVE mine as well.

Squeamous
06-23-2008, 07:03 AM
So what exactly was the plan behind recording dates arse about face?

Squeamous
06-23-2008, 07:05 AM

What! dude you are out of your mind, We do have our problems and sure we are not perfect, but I believe we are the best civilization that us as humans have come up with in recorded history. We are not completely free no, but we are the most free of any nation there is without having anarchy. Don't be angry because we kicked England's ass back across the "pond". Look Im only kidding, I happen to like most Brit's but don't start with the USA bashing around me I think other countries are great but I LOVE mine as well.

Reminds me of that Ghandi quote when he was asked 'what do you think of Western civilisation?':

'I think it would be a good idea'

j2k4
06-23-2008, 09:51 AM
So what exactly was the plan behind recording dates arse about face?

A quick consultation of my copy of How/Why We Americans Do Things indicates that, with regard to dates, weights and measures, use of the letter "U" etc., all efforts were to be expended in aid of a felt imperative to (this comes directly from the text) confound the Brits.

Remember, back then we didn't like you guys too much because you treated us as second-class citizens, like. :whistling:

Squeamous
06-23-2008, 10:22 AM
all efforts were to be expended in aid of a felt imperative to......

Anyone? :unsure:

Snee
06-23-2008, 10:32 AM
Either it was something they felt they had to do, like, or he's trying out a new way of talking about a blanket imperative.

Something Else
06-23-2008, 11:36 AM

That's the sort of post that makes me think less of you and your kind. I'm probably not the only one. :dry:

dinsdale
06-23-2008, 12:10 PM
@Detale

Hopefully you will develop a good sense of irony and a self crititical attitude when your empire eventually declines. Its what happened to us Brits. Civilisations come and go, read some history books.

People who go on about how great their country is and how superior it is are generally met with dissaproval over here, as zealous nationalism is often equated with the BNP (extreme right fascists) etc.

When people over here do hold forth about the Glorious Empire, it is often with a touch of irony, so don't be too surprised at the British reception of US citizens lecturing us on how great they are.

j2k4
06-23-2008, 12:53 PM
Hopefully you will develop a good sense of irony and a self crititical attitude when your empire eventually declines. Its what happened to us Brits. Civilisations come and go, read some history books.

People who go on about how great their country is and how superior it is are generally met with dissaproval...

All that aside, let me ask you this:

As a student of history, would you say that, during the extended period you Brits possessed a high horse, did you not fail to ride it for all it was worth?

This is the Lounge, ffs.

While I am (especially) loathe to speak for this thread's author, the place for lectures and history lessons is The Drawing Room. :whistling

dinsdale
06-23-2008, 01:04 PM
Yeah we totally did ride the high horse during the Imperial era. Whats your point?

Something Else
06-23-2008, 01:48 PM
That horses should only be ridden in the Drawing Room. :blink:

j2k4
06-23-2008, 04:12 PM
Yeah we totally did ride the high horse during the Imperial era. Whats your point?

What's my point?

Good grief.

You are saying, "We Brits were total assholes for a long, long time, to the extent we are resigned to eternal embarrassment, and are concurrently compelled to deliver lectures thereon to you ignorant, boorish and useless Americans", in order to deny us our turn on the horse.

...horses should only be ridden in the Drawing Room. :blink:

The idea has merit, insofar as the equipment necessary for cleaning up behind the horses is kept there.
:whistling

dinsdale
06-23-2008, 04:24 PM
What's my point?

Good grief.

You are saying, "We Brits were total assholes for a long, long time, to the extent we are resigned to eternal embarrassment, and are concurrently compelled to deliver lectures thereon to you ignorant, boorish and useless Americans", in order to deny us our turn on the horse.

:whistling

When did I deny anyone a turn on a horse? Did I say you shouldn't get on a high horse? Just explaining the British reaction to zealous nationalism... Jeez

j2k4
06-23-2008, 08:45 PM
Just explaining the British reaction to zealous nationalism... Jeez

Zealous nationalism...

Okay-

We fucked with weights and measures, spellings, dates, etc., because of the rampant, zealous and oppressive British nationalism of the 18th and 19th centuries.

Plus, we never taxed you guys.

Is that better. :frusty:

Squeamous
06-23-2008, 09:56 PM
Either it was something they felt they had to do, like, or he's trying out a new way of talking about a blanket imperative.

I thought he was going on about felt the fabric :ermm:

j2k4
06-24-2008, 12:46 AM

You've sorted it, at last/least.

Could you give the others lessons. :whistling

Squeamous
06-24-2008, 06:18 AM
Zealous nationalism...

Okay-

We fucked with weights and measures, spellings, dates, etc., because of the rampant, zealous and oppressive British nationalism of the 18th and 19th centuries.

I think you do your ancestors a disservice, I doubt they would cut their noses off to spite their faces like that. There's probably a good reason if anyone cared enough to look.

brotherdoobie
06-24-2008, 06:29 AM
The board has become quite touchy, and it seems to be affecting everyone. As my drunken whore of a mother would say. Take a Valium and stfu, you little bastard(s).

Peace, brotherdoobie

Squeamous
06-24-2008, 06:29 AM
Zealous nationalism...

Okay-

I have twice tried to respond to this and the board has fucked up and I've lost what I wrote. I fucking give up.

How about 'tits, boobs, arses, cocks, wank'....that usually gets past the radar :angry:.

brotherdoobie
06-24-2008, 06:31 AM
Well said.

-bd

Squeamous
06-24-2008, 06:42 AM
What, the giving up part? :happy:

You're right of course....it was only meant to be a tongue in cheek thing.

manicgeek
06-24-2008, 07:21 AM
Touchy!!! You're fucking telling me... full fucking screen advertising... I mean WTF is this...
http://i26.tinypic.com/m9at08.jpg

brotherdoobie
06-24-2008, 07:59 AM

Don't give up. I enjoy your post (if only they were accompanied by pics of your breast...life would be perfect).

Besides it's not like you're French or something else.

-bd :happy:

Squeamous
06-24-2008, 10:27 AM
It's true, no matter how hard life gets or how much I suck, I will never be French :happy:.

Something Else
06-24-2008, 10:45 AM
Touchy!!! You're fucking telling me... full fucking screen advertising... I mean WTF is this...

I don't see any ads on FST ever. True story.

Get a better ad blocker or something else.

j2k4
06-25-2008, 09:26 PM
Zealous nationalism...

Okay-

I think you do your ancestors a disservice, I doubt they would cut their noses off to spite their faces like that. There's probably a good reason if anyone cared enough to look.

Don't have the slightest idea what you are attempting to communicate here.

Zealous nationalism...

Okay-

I have twice tried to respond to this and the board has fucked up and I've lost what I wrote. I fucking give up.

How about 'tits, boobs, arses, cocks, wank'....that usually gets past the radar :angry:.

Another response?

Why?

Now I understand.

I think.

Hey, BD - do I understand? :huh:

Squeamous
06-25-2008, 09:47 PM
Never mind, I can't be arsed to explain.

j2k4
06-25-2008, 10:56 PM
Never mind, I can't be arsed to explain.

Yeah, I know. :whistling

The Flying Cow
07-30-2008, 05:31 PM

Has it never occured to you that taxation was what empires did to their colonies overseas? (aka not just Britain, aka it was nothing personal).

Why so spiteful?

If it weren't for the British you wouldn't even exist mate. You descend from them.

The first "Americans" were British who stayed there.

All that was there when they arrived was a bunch of scalping Mohicans.

I don't think they're "eternally embarassed".

Why should they be? :blink:

No one has to do a fucking thing.

If anyone imitates things or ideals that originate in the USA, it's their choosing.

Have you anything to represent this point?

Sorry to bring this up again Skee, but you're incorrect.

The US of A bullies nations into doing as it sees fit.

Examples? Illegalization of all drugs has spawned in the US and other countries were forced to follow suit. Put pressure on, like.

Are you going to deny that?

There are countless other situations of the same nature, but my mind fails me in old age.

-Sherman

j2k4
07-31-2008, 01:22 AM
Has it never occured to you that taxation was what empires did to their colonies overseas? (aka not just Britain, aka it was nothing personal).

Occurred to me?

Of course it has, but, you see, this particular colony (of adventurous/displaced/dissatisfied Brits) decided to cast off the yoke of your taxation, deducing instead that independence was a preferable course.

I'm quite sure their pique was not "personal", either.

Why so spiteful?

"Spiteful"?

Why do you sound so bitter?

This is the Lounge, ffs.

If it weren't for the British you wouldn't even exist mate. You descend from them.

Oh, now that's where you're wrong.

I happen to be German-Dutch; my ancestors came ashore in 1630.

BTW-

Do you think, absent the Brits, the Spanish or the French wouldn't have got 'round to settling here?

The first "Americans" were British who stayed there.

What's your point?

The fact is, they were so enamored of their British origins, they struck for independence - what do you make of that?

All that was there when they arrived was a bunch of scalping Mohicans.

No, there was precious little scalping going on when they arrived, actually - that came later on when the settlers periodically reverted to some unfortunate and (thankfully) remnant British habits.

In any case, I hereby note the racist tone of your post.

I don't think they're "eternally embarassed".

Potayto, potahto, tomayto, tomahto.

In any case, I wasn't responding to your post, there, was I?

Why should they be? :blink:

-Sherman

Not sure; maybe you should ask around.

Here's a question I'm sure you can answer, even to my satisfaction:

This is the Lounge, isn't it?

Ease up, I mean, Jesus H. Jumped-up fucking Christ, we started out banging on about dates and spelling, and here we are...lovely, just lovely. :whistling

Squeamous
07-31-2008, 10:50 AM
I feel I must remind you that this is the lounge J2O :unsure:

clocker
07-31-2008, 01:26 PM
Feelings are a good thing.

brotherdoobie
07-31-2008, 01:31 PM

Shut it - you American prick.

-bd

Squeamous
07-31-2008, 01:37 PM
See, if only they used proper numerical conventions when writing down dates, all of this conflict could have been avoided :rolleyes:

brotherdoobie
07-31-2008, 01:44 PM
We're so stupid. It almost makes me wish that we were French. Almost...

-bd

clocker
07-31-2008, 01:57 PM

-bd
See?
I'll bet you feel much better now.

We exist to serve.

dinsdale
07-31-2008, 03:34 PM
Nationalism is an infantile disease. It is the measles of mankind.

Albert Einstein.

Barbarossa
07-31-2008, 03:48 PM
Isn't measles the measles of mankind :blink:

brotherdoobie
07-31-2008, 04:03 PM

-bd
See?
I'll bet you feel much better now.

We exist to serve.

We do...we do...

-bd

Squeamous
07-31-2008, 04:38 PM
We're so stupid. It almost makes me wish that we were French. Almost...

-bd

Pull yourself together man!

brotherdoobie
07-31-2008, 04:58 PM
Wtf was I thinking. Slap me, Squeamous - slap me, quickly.

-bd

Squeamous
07-31-2008, 05:02 PM
OK! Quick, bend over!!!

The Flying Cow
07-31-2008, 05:09 PM
Assface?

-Sherman :glagpinch:

brotherdoobie
07-31-2008, 05:40 PM
OK! Quick, bend over!!!

Yeah, right...so you can admire your shadow - I bet.

-bd :dry:

Squeamous
07-31-2008, 06:04 PM
Hee hee! I promise not to use the mamba :shifty:

brotherdoobie
07-31-2008, 06:10 PM
Hee hee! I promise not to use the mamba :shifty:

:fear:

-bd

Squeamous
07-31-2008, 06:12 PM
This won't hurt a bit....

:lol:

j2k4
07-31-2008, 09:40 PM
I wish to thank the interpositional cohort for defusing an escalating scenario and ask additionally that I be forgiven for my outburst; a good conservative should not be so easily provoked.

In the interest of transparency, I must confess to laughing out loud as I typed that last post, just before my morning ablutions.

It was a great day, all 'round. :D

Squeamous
07-31-2008, 09:43 PM
Nooooo, that's the only thing you're good for :fist:

j2k4
07-31-2008, 11:02 PM
Nooooo, that's the only thing you're good for :fist:

Your turn.

To elaborate, I mean. :whistling

Squeamous
08-01-2008, 09:57 AM
The word 'Conservative' is synonymous with 'wound up' :happy: