PDA

View Full Version : Which seedbox?

ukgenius
06-11-2008, 11:22 PM
I am looking to get a seedbox. I want a fairly cheap one with unlimited upload speeds. Also unlimited bandwith.

I was looking at a site: http://torrent-core.co.uk/tf.htm which the cheapest option offers everything I want, but I can't order it because I get through to a page saying "No Stock Available".

If anyone else has used this site or any site offering a similar offer, please let me know. Also if i want to get that seedbox from the site above, how should I do so e.g. check at beggining of month etc or is it simply a matter of getting lucky and clicking on the page just as someone has ended their deal with that company

speighty
06-11-2008, 11:24 PM
Why dont you just get an ovh seedbox, 100mbit connection, 250gb hdd space and unlimited.

Only costs about £24 for the month.

ukgenius
06-11-2008, 11:41 PM
Yep looks good. Thanks.

Anyone else got any other suggestions

xGeNeSisx
06-11-2008, 11:45 PM
Nope, OVH is the best you will get for your money.

Tr2Xv1
06-12-2008, 01:52 AM
Yes. OVH is the best one, but Vectoral is good too

ukgenius
06-12-2008, 06:44 AM
Could I ask which option you normally choose for each of them?

RPS II for OVH?

What about for vectoral?

And also I intend to get the seedbox for a few months a year rather than constantly like some may. I have 4 accounts I intend to buffer when using the seednox. How much do you think it is possible to add on the the upload for each account in a month?

Also I have heard about Torrent Flux seedboxes. Does anyone know the difference between a normal one and a torrent flux seedbox?

mummysboy
06-12-2008, 01:50 PM
ok - you are on a budget.

Ignore the RPS - they are unstable for seeding - get yourself a KimiSufi [Reloaded] and you are laughing Kitbags.

Now with OvH you can upload at 10MB/s 24/7/365 so how much do you think you can buffer?

On a popular file with a big swarm you should be able to upload 250-350GB a day. [level 1-3 trackers like midnight torrents and revolution]

On the same "popular file" on a higher end tracker you might be luckily to make 100% in the same day.

Be helpful if you told us which sites you want to buffer - and tbh, you might wanna consider being an uploader as the original seed always gets the kudos and the gigs

ukgenius
06-12-2008, 02:47 PM
Ok. The Kimisufi looks good. Is there really likely to be a big difference between the cheapest and 2nd cheapest option?

Well the accounts I will be buffering are not high level at all. I want to create a buffer of several hundred GB on each so that it will last me a long time. And when that buffer starts running low I will hire a seedbox again.

The accounts I buffer will probably be: Bitsypder, Elbitz, STMusic, SCC and TheVault. I will hire the seedbox for 1 month and intend to create as big buffers on each of these as I can. How big buffers roughly will I be able to create on each of these in 1 month?

As for the seedbox itself, what os do you reccommend and do I need any of the: full security, NFS RAID filer, Incremental Backup, Weekly backup options and do they cost?

Thanks

xGeNeSisx
06-12-2008, 03:03 PM
Ok. The Kimisufi looks good. Is there really likely to be a big difference between the cheapest and 2nd cheapest option?

Well the accounts I will be buffering are not high level at all. I want to create a buffer of several hundred GB on each so that it will last me a long time. And when that buffer starts running low I will hire a seedbox again.

The accounts I buffer will probably be: Bitsypder, Elbitz, STMusic, SCC and TheVault. I will hire the seedbox for 1 month and intend to create as big buffers on each of these as I can. How big buffers roughly will I be able to create on each of these in 1 month?

As for the seedbox itself, what os do you reccommend and do I need any of the: full security, NFS RAID filer, Incremental Backup, Weekly backup options and do they cost?

Thanks
Linux and you do not need any of those options.

ukgenius
06-12-2008, 04:17 PM

Thanks
Linux and you do not need any of those options.

First of all I am unfamiliar with Linux so would you still recommend it? Also the screenshot below shows there are quite a few linux os to choose from. Which on in particular would you recommend?
http://i27.tinypic.com/2z9mdqh.jpg

kross
06-12-2008, 04:53 PM
Fedora Core 8 or Ubuntu 8.04 LTS Server (or Debian 4.0).
These distro come with nothing and only the required programs will be installed. => You don't waste memory with unwanted programs.
Moreover, you have several tutorials on this board explaining how to set up a seedbox with these OS.

Edit: Forgot to say that if you're unhappy with Linux, you can reinstall another OS from the OVH manager at any time.

ukgenius
06-12-2008, 08:12 PM
Thanks any chance you could point me in the direction for those tutorials?

Also going back to an earlier question, is one month going to be enough to create a buffer on each account of several hundred gigabytes on the following trackers: Bitsypder, Elbitz, STMusic, SCC and TheVault? Or will I need to sign up for 3 months?

kross
06-12-2008, 10:28 PM
http://filesharingtalk.com/vb3/f-guides-and-tutorials-65/t-naqs-complete-setup-guide-linux-seedboxes-fedora-corecentosdebianubuntu-281331
It's in the forum named "Guides and Tutorials".

About your second question, one month is enough to upload several TB.
But the only way to do it is to seed the good torrents. Those who have many leechers and few seeders for instance.
And if you're not satisfied with your ratio after one month, just pay for one another.
There is no discount with OVH. (The last month, more than 5k kimsufi servers have been rented :wacko:)

jsb17
06-13-2008, 02:32 AM
I was wondering if you are in the US can you still get an OVH server, ie the kimisurf? I am thinking of setting up a seedbox and would love some advice.
Cheers!

kross
06-13-2008, 09:58 AM
No, you can't directly. OVH only deals with some of the EU countries.

ukgenius
06-13-2008, 11:45 AM
Ok thanks kross. That guide looked quite confusing. Is it necessary to do all of that stuff in the guide.

forthat
06-15-2008, 10:23 AM
try rootkey real 100mbps really excels in speed........

darknforce
06-15-2008, 11:15 AM
Check out this provider the best provider at all time ticker answered within 5 min

http://fdcservers.net/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=3685

All 100Mbit unmetered servers now come with 15000-20000GB (15-20TB) of bandwidth.

No charge for extra bandwith use for unmetred servers

ukgenius
06-15-2008, 04:38 PM
darknforce the seedboxes at the site you suggested are at least 3 times as expensive! Well for the cheaper models at least at OVH

makaveli69
06-15-2008, 05:18 PM
plus their speeds are really bad a lot of the time
stay away from FDC imo
if you are able to get ovh then get that, i see lots of ovh boxes in swarms ;) lol

Istanbul
06-15-2008, 07:17 PM
unlimited upload speeds? when you found that one, let me know... good luck anyway

chinook_apache
06-15-2008, 07:21 PM
if i was to get ovh could some one help me setit up for utorrent cause i have a look at the tutorials and they make no sense to me..

kid16k
06-15-2008, 07:36 PM
Ok thanks kross. That guide looked quite confusing. Is it necessary to do all of that stuff in the guide.

Yes, most of it. You have to learn the basics and some commands of linux etc (everything you need is in the guide) and then you're ready to buffer your alt-accs with lots of GB and even TB in just one month :chris:

wevotedno
06-15-2008, 08:09 PM
http://filesharingtalk.com/vb3/f-bittorrent-43/t-a-warning-299994