PDA

View Full Version : Whats up with AOM killer?

Yelrut
06-12-2008, 01:54 AM
I was looking for a way into AOM and someone told me about AOM killer. I signed up and thought the place was pretty cool. Until I started to read CheekyChap's (the owner) stickies in the forums. This guy is a lunatic. He has a serious grudge against not only AOM but ALL magic torrent trackers. He says that he won't tolerate his members using other magic trackers and that he collects ips from their swarms and if he finds out that your over there you'll be banned. WTF? Thats like What.cd telling me I better not stray to any other music sites, or RevTT tell me to stay the hell off of SCT. Give me a break. I like your site a lot CheekyChap and I'm good member but I'm not going to dump my other sites. So go ahead and collect ips from other sites and if you catch me so be it. Out of control.http://p2ptalk.org/forums/images/smilies/set12_b/rolleyes2.gif

robotpirate
06-12-2008, 03:24 AM
what's his reason?

anyway, isn't this the site where all news posts and pms are in caps.

Yelrut
06-12-2008, 03:47 AM
what's his reason?

anyway, isn't this the site where all news posts and pms are in caps.

YES ALL HIS POSTS ARE IN CAPS:D

He doesn't want you to share your bandwith with the others. He talks a little about how AOM stole his idea and another site insulted his children. I myself would like to know more about what the hell his problem is but I like the content of the site so I don't dare open my mouth and risk pissing him off and finding myself banned.

CheekyChap your site is cool but you come off as crazy dude, chill out man, I'm sure your turning off members with your rants. I'm not even saying your wrong just that you need to relax bro.

webber
06-12-2008, 10:38 AM
man , sounds like a egoist .

Quylui
06-12-2008, 02:38 PM
If you don't like the site, then you'd better disappear.

Yelrut
06-12-2008, 02:44 PM

I have no problem with the site its self. The forums and content are great. I just want to know what Cheeky's problem is. I have no plans to get rid of the account so take your idle BS somewhere else.

bblogs
06-12-2008, 08:12 PM

I have no plans to get rid of the account so take your idle BS somewhere else.

Hmm when's the last time I saw spiteful forum behaviour like that....?

Ahh that's right! One of CheekyChap's stickies in AOM Killer :whistling

markupmaster
06-12-2008, 08:23 PM
CheekyChap your site is cool but you come off as crazy dude, chill out man, I'm sure your turning off members with your rants. I'm not even saying your wrong just that you need to relax.

http://media1.guzer.com/pictures/caps-lock.jpg

j51im
06-13-2008, 06:57 AM
I am going to put a shameless plug in here. MagicianTorrents is a new magic torrent community that I am staff on. We are a few months old and in that time have become quite large. Anyway, I have an AOMK account and I get a headache any time I visit so I know your pain. We try to focus more on community than elitism.

TP635
06-13-2008, 11:08 AM
I am going to put a shameless plug in here. MagicianTorrents is a new magic torrent community that I am staff on. We are a few months old and in that time have become quite large. Anyway, I have an AOMK account and I get a headache any time I visit so I know your pain. We try to focus more on community than elitism.

MT is a good magic tracker. I am a member there.

HiDef
06-13-2008, 02:03 PM

MT is a good magic tracker. I am a member there.

I agree, good tracker.

goran1983
06-17-2008, 06:42 PM
Message received from MagicianTorrents on 2008-06-16 20:03:54 GMT.
---------------------------------------------------------------------

This is a mass all to ALL users.

Recently the admin from AOMK has been accessing MT in order to send out spam, and harrass members of this fine site.

We just found out how he has been getting away with it, and I think you will agree that this is one of the most underhanded things you could do.

If you are a member of both AOMK and MT, please change your password immediatelyon MT! We just got word from a very trusted source close to aomk, that he has been compiling his own members passwords.

If he happens to cross reference your account, to find out that you also have one on MT, he will use that information to log into your MT account. Provided you have used the same passwords for both sites.

So if you have an account at both sites, MAKE SURE YOU CHANGE YOUR MT PASSWORD RIGHT AWAY.

On a personal note, this is terrible for an admin to do, you should never look at your members passwords, or try to compromise their accounts at other sites. This is the biggest betrayel that can be done.

MT has gone out of its way, to make sure that all passwords are encrytped into the databse, so that even I can not easily decrypt them.

Everyone Have a great day! and make sure to keep your account SAFE!
MG

---------------------------------------------------------------------
MagicianTorrents

robotpirate
06-17-2008, 08:20 PM
that's so shady.

j51im
06-17-2008, 08:36 PM
This guy has been spamming our site, stealing user accounts, and forced us into removing invites for now. If anyone has ideas on this, perhaps from prior experiences on your own sites, I would definitely hear you out as this has become quite a problem. Also, sorry for the inconvenience of anyone trying to become a member but I am sure you all understand.

Nykon1969
06-17-2008, 08:41 PM
All I have to say is Cheeky has issues. Real control freak.

TP635
06-17-2008, 11:00 PM
This guy has been spamming our site, stealing user accounts, and forced us into removing invites for now. If anyone has ideas on this, perhaps from prior experiences on your own sites, I would definitely hear you out as this has become quite a problem. Also, sorry for the inconvenience of anyone trying to become a member but I am sure you all understand.

Now I know why my 3 unused invites were gone. That guy should be send to a mental hospital.

Theory11
06-18-2008, 01:51 AM
All I have to say is Cheeky has issues. Real control freak.

I couldn't have agreed more, he wants a magic monopoly or something :angry:

cata2008
06-18-2008, 06:19 AM

Now I know why my 3 unused invites were gone. That guy should be send to a mental hospital.

+1...hospital is a great ideea ;) and btw i like very much the MagicianTorrents is a cool tracker

1000possibleclaws
06-18-2008, 06:28 AM
I find it hard to believe that so many torrenters are into magic tricks to warrant so many magic related trackers. I don't know anything in real life that is into this stuff, maybe juggling but not magic tricks.. I don't mean to insult you guys, it's just surprising.

NPAX1
06-18-2008, 02:31 PM
I find it hard to believe that so many torrenters are into magic tricks to warrant so many magic related trackers. I don't know anything in real life that is into this stuff, maybe juggling but not magic tricks.. I don't mean to insult you guys, it's just surprising.

I feel the same way everytime I meet someone obsessed with anime/japan.

Anyway, that is a pretty immature kiddie thing for a tracker admin to do to another tracker.

csonic
07-12-2008, 05:05 PM
Does anyone know what happened to AOMK after July 2008? They have been down for over a week with no communication from the Forum Admins (everyone here probably won't be surprised)

I read that they were shut down by the Malaysian Govt or something. Anyone confirm?

Else if anyone knows how I can get into AOM or MagicianTorrents please let me know (FYI I was always in the + column with my ratio). I also have a Demononoid invite to trade if that helps sweeten the pot.

Best,
csonic

deadalive1
07-12-2008, 05:41 PM
Does anyone know what happened to AOMK after July 2008? They have been down for over a week with no communication from the Forum Admins (everyone here probably won't be surprised)

I read that they were shut down by the Malaysian Govt or something. Anyone confirm?

Else if anyone knows how I can get into AOM or MagicianTorrents please let me know (FYI I was always in the + column with my ratio). I also have a Demononoid invite to trade if that helps sweeten the pot.

Best,
csonic
Don't try and circumvent. Read this.
http://filesharingtalk.com/vb3/f-bittorrent-43/t-do-not-request-bittorrent-invites-section-or-you-banned-146184/?

csonic
07-12-2008, 06:14 PM
Sorry about the request.