PDA

View Full Version : PTN, GOEM or TEHConnection ?

06-12-2008, 10:16 AM
PTN, GOEM or TEHConnection?

They are all pretty similar in content, but it's pointless collecting all three. Which one would you recommend if you had to choose one?

:)

F3n1x
06-12-2008, 10:18 AM
As i can't be in Tehconnection because of country ban, i would say PTN comparing with GOEM

Theory11
06-12-2008, 10:19 AM
not another one of those comparison threads. every site has its pros and cons

period

soulreaper
06-12-2008, 10:44 AM
Contentwise, Goem is better than TC and PTN imo.
PTN's ratiofree system is pretty cool.

yayyyyyy
06-12-2008, 10:52 AM
tehconnection because there's feeling :D

YQZ
06-12-2008, 11:09 AM
Goem!! It's an awesome site, and they have a weekly freeleech pick (It is nice to check out a different movie each week). The design there is great, and they have a cool community + staff.

mrnobody
06-12-2008, 11:42 AM
Geom is far better that both (PTN and TEHC together).

sokrates
06-12-2008, 11:45 AM
lol goem is similiar in content compared to ptn?
nice joke lmao..

06-12-2008, 11:51 AM
lol goem is similiar in content compared to ptn?
nice joke lmao..

Our sense of humour must be quite different as I fail to understand the punchline!

perhaps you could expand on your comment to further enlighten me?

;)

invite420
06-12-2008, 12:16 PM
No question ... Tehconnection is far superior

gan.nez
06-12-2008, 01:38 PM
tehconnection has great potential!! and has greater speed than goem;
signup while you can!!

GhostRetired19
06-12-2008, 01:39 PM
<3 TEHConnection

SaviouR
06-12-2008, 01:58 PM
the three are not similar .

PtN specializes in XViD and includes TV and Sports Releases covering the Euro tournament and football in general . it has nice Packs as well and is Ratio-Free .

TehConnection doesnt not allow packs and is unrared . TV is not covered . Has very good movie content . download is not counted and 2x upload atm .

Goem covers a lots of old Movies and has huge TV packs . has normal ratio system .

Cannot see how we can compare these Trackers . all 3 trackers are unique in their own way .

jam0980tr
06-12-2008, 02:31 PM
Mate it's the other way around Ptn pwends tc any day why because there community is fanatic they have most of there uploads in scene format, tc non scene format and you can't seed that stuff on other trackers, So is it usefull NO lmao.. I can't say anything Good about TC but it's a nices looking tracker.. 1 more thing they got signup's where they don't know who they letting in, The tracker status UNSAFE

GOEM am not on that tracker so i don't know

markupmaster
06-12-2008, 03:20 PM
I really like PtN For their community and torrents..

;)

Nykon1969
06-12-2008, 03:32 PM
I like all 3 and plan to keep them. They all have their differences. Some times I like some I don't but between then 3 I always seem to find movies that I want to get.

FileZ
06-12-2008, 03:37 PM
none of hem , zamunda , sct , tl , revtt have better content in movies
but i can say GEOM is the best of them

BOOM
06-12-2008, 03:40 PM
I really like PtN For their community and torrents..
+1

but tc is also great:)
I don`t know about goem cuz I`m not member...

superclover
06-12-2008, 03:47 PM
invite420, this is just my conception correct me if i am wrong but you seem like a collector, you have a ridiculous amount of trackers

ConkiZz
06-12-2008, 03:55 PM
How is the pre-times on goem and Ptn?

robotpirate
06-12-2008, 04:06 PM
tehconnection has great potential!! and has greater speed than goem;
signup while you can!!

i agree.

DeadManWalkin
06-12-2008, 04:49 PM

Goem doesnt have ny Pretime kinda stuff ...although new movies are uploaded as soon as possible
They have movie and some TV torrents ..Old new ..all
u can find some good old movies in there ..
Content is good ...

colbert
06-12-2008, 07:22 PM
Goem has the headstart right now, but TC has some promise. I can't say about PTN.

Ghostbusters
06-12-2008, 07:31 PM
PtN has Blackjack & you can gamble for GB's, kudos to the brainchild of that one, it's defo the most original feature I've seen on a BT tracker & I've like many of you guy's have been into the filesharing scene long before BT was even conceived.

Unless they've ripped it off from one of the level 9 or 10 communities that I'm not a part of but I very much doubt it.

The design is also shaping up to be really spot, granted tehconnection is still using a beta template connecting to the tracker and may also turn out to be technically impressive but we'll have to wait and see.

Content wise tehconnection is leaps and bounds ahead at the minute but PtN is getting better all the time.

One other thing imo I really hope tehconnection seriously considers changing it's name, i think the current one is nondescript & lacks any focus or direction.

Also I'm sure I'm not the first one to point this out but they have spelt "The" incorrectly - "Teh" wtf come on guy's you can do better than that.

I don't have much to say about Goem I was a member there at one point but I didn't stick around so although I can't remember much about the site there was nothing special there to hold my interest otherwise I'd still be there.

1000possibleclaws
06-12-2008, 07:32 PM
@original poster: goem has by far the most torrents, with just under 5K

PtN has an awesome community, and you can request a movie or tv show if its not on the site already and chances are it'll get filled (from my experience)

TeHConnection is still in beta, but to my knowledge it's long term goal is to be the demonoid of video trackers, so if it goes as planned tehconnection would be the best place in the future to get a file you want right away. i dont like the unrar'd rule, but i guess for older releases it makes sense so whatever

why would you go to a video tracker for pretimes? use a 0day tracker that's what they're for

Ghostbusters
06-12-2008, 07:46 PM
@original poster: goem has by far the most torrents, with just under 5K

PtN has an awesome community, and you can request a movie or tv show if its not on the site already and chances are it'll get filled (from my experience)

TeHConnection is still in beta, but to my knowledge it's long term goal is to be the demonoid of video trackers, so if it goes as planned tehconnection would be the best place in the future to get a file you want right away. i dont like the unrar'd rule, but i guess for older releases it makes sense so whatever

why would you go to a video tracker for pretimes? use a 0day tracker that's what they're for

I think the "OiNK of video trackers" is the staff's vision and if they can control the quality of what is being uploaded, get enough dedicated members with access to great content, some regular donars and an incentive for upload other than a huge buffer with the classic ratio system then I see no reason why it should fail.

PtN is also ratio free but like any of good sites HnR is not tolerated

Did I mention you can play against other users and win their GB's of them at Blackjack - A Texas Hold em table & your onto a big winner guy's that would be awesome

magushun
06-13-2008, 12:00 AM
goem is a pretty old tracker without all the hype, if somebody wanted to get in, he is already there. You can find some great movies there...

tehconnection has a great future with this mentality

ptn is just a joke atm

Ghostbusters
06-13-2008, 01:16 AM
ptn is just a joke atm

Can you explain why you think the site is a just a joke ?

From little acorns mighty oak tree's grow...

becomehokage
06-13-2008, 02:35 AM
PtN has Blackjack & you can gamble for GB's, kudos to the brainchild of that one, it's defo the most original feature I've seen on a BT tracker & I've like many of you guy's have been into the filesharing scene long before BT was even conceived.

Unless they've ripped it off from one of the level 9 or 10 communities that I'm not a part of but I very much doubt it.

The design is also shaping up to be really spot, granted tehconnection is still using a beta template connecting to the tracker and may also turn out to be technically impressive but we'll have to wait and see.

Content wise tehconnection is leaps and bounds ahead at the minute but PtN is getting better all the time.

One other thing imo I really hope tehconnection seriously considers changing it's name, i think the current one is nondescript & lacks any focus or direction.

Also I'm sure I'm not the first one to point this out but they have spelt "The" incorrectly - "Teh" wtf come on guy's you can do better than that.

I don't have much to say about Goem I was a member there at one point but I didn't stick around so although I can't remember much about the site there was nothing special there to hold my interest otherwise I'd still be there.

Its not mispeled or whatever they choosed it on purpose to seem more cool.

binocular
06-13-2008, 03:09 AM
PtN does have their own stuff, like AFR which I still haven't found on other trackers. :)

LoKaLiRi
06-13-2008, 03:35 AM
for me it's GOEM , nice content and nice speeds too , PtN is growing So fast and rly have awesome community

for Tehconnection , dont use it as it ban my county and this is bad thing for the staff , not the good start to ban some countries :suck:

Ghostbusters
06-13-2008, 07:27 AM
Its not mispeled or whatever they choosed it on purpose to seem more cool.

I know dude, just seems a bit juvenile, 1337 speak is not cool unless your 13

j51im
06-13-2008, 09:58 AM
Personally I am on Goem and TC. I like the Goem community and quality of content. TC right now has too few members to seed off of a slow connection so I don't think it is really fair to compare what they are compared with what they will be. I like that Goem will continue to be small and a good quality of media and members. TC will be very very fast and have much more content. Either way having both covers most peoples needs.

RengeeTT
06-13-2008, 10:38 AM
1. Goem
2. PTN
3. Teh Connection

Tristan
06-13-2008, 03:26 PM
For me:
PTN
goem
TC

PTN is first because I can download something from there and I don't worry about my ratio, when I download something from goem it's impossible to seed it back with my 1024/256kbps connection :/ TC is like public tracker at the moment ...

killercam101
06-13-2008, 03:36 PM
for Me:
Ptn
Goem
Tc

Ptn Is First Because I Can Download Something From There And I Don't Worry About My Ratio, When I Download Something From Goem It's Impossible To Seed It Back With My 1024/256kbps Connection :/ Tc Is Like Public Tracker At The Moment ...

+1

OmaRin0
06-13-2008, 09:08 PM
I don't know, i got invited to PTN and I haven't seen anything special in the site, my acc. got disabled for inactivity..

psychophil
06-13-2008, 11:18 PM
Difficult to choose, as all have their own qualities.
But both PTN + TC are new on the block and have great potential.

magushun
06-13-2008, 11:39 PM
ptn is just a joke atm

trying to be elite just because they are making rules that can't be followed, trying to be elite just because they don't hand out invites too easily. As you can see on scl's example, it just doesnt work that way.

For example KG. everybody can get an invite to that site. Its not elite cos some kids who didnt get into ftn said "hey lets make a lvl x movie site, but don't hand out invites to movie fanatics, but geeks who are on torrent forums all day and hate fucking girls", but cos the members there are the elite members of the whole torrenting world, understanding the movies there, trying to make something unique.

yeah, the no ratio thing is nice, but at the moment, with this this speed, this poor content, and this elite "my dick points down, but my epenis is higher than ever" mentality, its just not okay.

I've seen it from inside, and looking forward to join that, when the staff realizes which is more important. a lvl x site which just disappears after half a year, or a site which can be unique.

at the moment, when kg for the uniqe ones and tc for the mass, exist, there is just no place for this playground

Prilost
06-14-2008, 02:08 AM
PTN
Goem

teh is terrible

jwsisliving1
06-14-2008, 03:15 AM

trying to be elite just because they are making rules that can't be followed, trying to be elite just because they don't hand out invites too easily. As you can see on scl's example, it just doesnt work that way.

For example KG. everybody can get an invite to that site. Its not elite cos some kids who didnt get into ftn said "hey lets make a lvl x movie site, but don't hand out invites to movie fanatics, but geeks who are on torrent forums all day and hate fucking girls", but cos the members there are the elite members of the whole torrenting world, understanding the movies there, trying to make something unique.

yeah, the no ratio thing is nice, but at the moment, with this this speed, this poor content, and this elite "my dick points down, but my epenis is higher than ever" mentality, its just not okay.

I've seen it from inside, and looking forward to join that, when the staff realizes which is more important. a lvl x site which just disappears after half a year, or a site which can be unique.

at the moment, when kg for the uniqe ones and tc for the mass, exist, there is just no place for this playground

Most of the rules are quite reasonable. Please point out specifical rules, if you can. What is it the seed back to 3 days or 1:1 rule that you hate, which BTW is 2 days less than other No Ratio trackers. I agree with you, PtN is sooo unreasonable. Allowing uploaders to choose if their content is rared or unrared, that's so unreasonable of them. And why don't you ask any of the current members if they like the gold system. Why don't you ask them how generous it is?

Most of the users have been able to follow the rules quite easily. As long as you don't ride on the slow bus, it shouldn't be a problem.

BTW, FST invented the Level system. PtN is controlling invites to keep people who care about levels and trading out. Saying they're doing it to be l33t is just narrow minded. How about to control the what kind of people get in? PtN has recruiters, there have been giveaways at all the major invite forums.

The difference between a place like PtN and TC, is that PtN gives a crap who wins those giveaways. That's why they have 9 questions everyone must use when they want to giveaway invites. Also, PtN an invite application system similar to iTS's. Anybody carpenter and above can apply for an invite for a friend, and the staff or recruiters will review the application.

DKre8ive1
06-14-2008, 04:35 AM
Mis read and miss quoted Blah! take it all back.

robotpirate
06-14-2008, 06:16 AM
i've been wondering why metalocalypse episodes are so highly seeded on ptn.

magushun
06-14-2008, 12:13 PM

Most of the rules are quite reasonable. Please point out specifical rules, if you can. What is it the seed back to 3 days or 1:1 rule that you hate, which BTW is 2 days less than other No Ratio trackers. I agree with you, PtN is sooo unreasonable. Allowing uploaders to choose if their content is rared or unrared, that's so unreasonable of them. And why don't you ask any of the current members if they like the gold system. Why don't you ask them how generous it is?

Most of the users have been able to follow the rules quite easily. As long as you don't ride on the slow bus, it shouldn't be a problem.

BTW, FST invented the Level system. PtN is controlling invites to keep people who care about levels and trading out. Saying they're doing it to be l33t is just narrow minded. How about to control the what kind of people get in? PtN has recruiters, there have been giveaways at all the major invite forums.

The difference between a place like PtN and TC, is that PtN gives a crap who wins those giveaways. That's why they have 9 questions everyone must use when they want to giveaway invites. Also, PtN an invite application system similar to iTS's. Anybody carpenter and above can apply for an invite for a friend, and the staff or recruiters will review the application.

So maybe do yourself a favor, and spend a little less time at FST and a little more time in the open air. It's obvious that you have a hard time thinking on your own about about all the facts. It's easier for you to use name calling, misconceptions, and group-think to make your points.

seed back to 3 days, yeah, thats okay, it used to be a week

you cant seriously believe, that they are holding back invites, to control who gets inside. Always happy to see ppl who im going to get my money for when i get my degree.

its kinda why waffles and what are dead. they hold back invites, the true worthy members didnt get in cos they didnt spend time to spam the forums of every tracker, now they are dead. its simple like this, just open your eyes

jwsisliving1
06-14-2008, 01:01 PM

So maybe do yourself a favor, and spend a little less time at FST and a little more time in the open air. It's obvious that you have a hard time thinking on your own about about all the facts. It's easier for you to use name calling, misconceptions, and group-think to make your points.

seed back to 3 days, yeah, thats okay, it used to be a week

you cant seriously believe, that they are holding back invites, to control who gets inside. Always happy to see ppl who im going to get my money for when i get my degree.

its kinda why waffles and what are dead. they hold back invites, the true worthy members didnt get in cos they didnt spend time to spam the forums of every tracker, now they are dead. its simple like this, just open your eyes

Let me ask you something: how many PtN trade threads do you see, in comparison to other trackers? Be honest. Not many.

That seems like a pretty good reason to control invites.

PtN's recruiters are some of the best in the business. Believe me there's no difficulty finding good new members.
Anytime there's a PtN giveaway it gets tons of responses. Just because they only accept the best of those applying doesn't make them elitist, it makes them SELECTIVE.

You want to know what the seeder to leecher ratio has been lately: Seeder/leecher ratio 1675% right now. It's been in that area for awhile now. That's a very good percentage for a small tracker. That even beats some of the bigger trackers.

magushun
06-14-2008, 03:01 PM
I have kinda quited going after invites to be honest, not really watching those topics anymore. I have also not t seen any tc, kg trade threads.

the reason why im questioning ptn is that its a movie tracker, not some kind of new xth 0day bullshit, and cos of this there should be some differences, which there arent atm.

anyway, hope it goes to the good way.

wiseD
06-14-2008, 04:25 PM
PTN wins hands down, but to be honest it depends which tracker the individual uses more. Others I know would and do disagree with me, so I can't really make a decision for anyone.

If I had to choose 3 trackers to live with though, , PTN would be among them ;)