PDA

View Full Version : there is a tracker allows hit and run.. what is it??

06-15-2008, 01:15 PM
there is a tracker allows hit and run.. what is it??

i forgot it's name

can any one tell me?

ovisan
06-15-2008, 01:34 PM
mininova

The-Stig
06-15-2008, 02:07 PM
if you have a good overall ratio, i dont think hit and running is a problem in any trackers

stoi
06-15-2008, 02:15 PM
if you have a good overall ratio, i dont think hit and running is a problem in any trackers

you must not be a member of BCG then lol

dragos
06-15-2008, 02:21 PM

you must not be a member of BCG then lol

i think what he meant to say was, even if you have a good overall ratio, hnr-ing is a problem in most trackers.

sear
06-15-2008, 04:59 PM

Please don't :( I spend enough time chasing up H&Rers as it is. You may have an overall ratio that's healthy which is important but at least leave it for a few days. If everyone jumps off the torrent straight away the speed of the swarm suffers, the torrent dies sooner and the uploader is forced to keep seeding when they could be uploading a new torrent.

yayyyyyy
06-15-2008, 05:31 PM
many allow that... hdbits and scc (this one only if you have a certain ratio) for example :P

kuracat
06-15-2008, 06:05 PM
isnt in your interest the contrary - seeding? :lol:

kid16k
06-15-2008, 07:08 PM
TS-Tracker (german) for example

ghurka
06-15-2008, 07:31 PM
I don't think that anyone who deliberately looks for a tracker that allows hit and run belongs in private trackers. This is after all one of the main differences between public and private trackers.

HiDef
06-15-2008, 07:39 PM
This all defeats the purpose of torrenting in the first place. share!!

The-Stig
06-15-2008, 08:08 PM
drama queens ..pffft

deathking81
06-15-2008, 08:13 PM
waffles what bmtv ftn hdbits

Gish
06-15-2008, 08:17 PM
at TL if you have a good ratio they could care less! TL as a community is not that good but the files they upload there are still coming strong!

binocular
06-16-2008, 01:23 AM
No, there shouldn't be an Private site like that.

LoKaLiRi
06-16-2008, 02:43 AM
any private site dont allow hit and run , in some they depend on the ratio , the higher u have , the low risk on this

Nykon1969
06-16-2008, 04:52 AM
Some sites grant it to VIP users. Some sites are not as hard if you have a good ratio, but regardless its shitty to do it. I mean at least 48 hours. Whats so hard in that. Not like its killing anyone.

yayyyyyy
06-17-2008, 09:16 AM
add FTN now to the list lol

sabre
06-17-2008, 11:51 AM
i dont know why HnRing on a well seeded torrent is such a big deal. I have some sites with ratios like 1TB+ uploaded, around 100gb downloaded. that extra 900gb is making another users life harder to seed who might be struggling to seed back to 1:1 and when i HnR well seeded torrents, im just evening out the overall site ratio right?

if it was a torrent with 1seeder, 100 leechers that'd be a another story

NPAX1
06-17-2008, 11:56 AM
A lot of trackers have required seed times to compensate for the difficulty of getting the 1:1 ratio.

skinneruzt
06-17-2008, 12:09 PM

Please don't :( I spend enough time chasing up H&Rers as it is. You may have an overall ratio that's healthy which is important but at least leave it for a few days. If everyone jumps off the torrent straight away the speed of the swarm suffers, the torrent dies sooner and the uploader is forced to keep seeding when they could be uploading a new torrent.

I agree! I'm an uploader on a private tracker and I have the same problem on some torrents, people just don't seed after finishing the download an I have to keep seeding the torrent longer instead of uploading somthing new.:frusty:

ghurka
06-17-2008, 01:18 PM
If you're an uploader then it's possible that you could have a private agreement with staff to come off a torrent once there are a certain amount of seeders....that is different to hit & run for general members.

stoi
06-17-2008, 01:27 PM
i dont know why HnRing on a well seeded torrent is such a big deal. I have some sites with ratios like 1TB+ uploaded, around 100gb downloaded. that extra 900gb is making another users life harder to seed who might be struggling to seed back to 1:1 and when i HnR well seeded torrents, im just evening out the overall site ratio right?

if it was a torrent with 1seeder, 100 leechers that'd be a another story

well my oppinion of that is, why have you go that much buffer to start with, unless your an actual uploader you dont need that much buffer, unless your strategy is and was all the time, use a seedbox to upload XXX amount (you can do 100-200gig in a day on a seedbox on 1 torrent), then use your home connection to rape the site dry of another 100 torrents and still not see a dent in your ratio.

Also this site opened my eyes as well, you get someone from here to buffer your account (not you persnonally). sorry but that to me is cheating.

its like you start a game, you cant do the 1st level, you get someone else to do it for you and complete the game, and then you say you compeleted it.

and then you go and hit and run on every torrent.

wether its got 100 seeds or not.

I just think if you download it, you can seed it back, and yes overseeding is a problem on most tracker, but imho, thats the way the stupid ratio system works, but no one has come up with a better way apart from ratio free.

a quick example on why ratio is bollocks lol and this is on BCG where no one should have a hit and run. and this is why you get mass overseeding, because members always want something better, and if they have a high ratio, they start to not download for fear it will plummet.

member has 1 gig download 100 gig uploaded, ratio of 100

they download a 5 gig game, and upload 5 gig of it with SP say its an old torrent.

thats 6 gig downloaded 105 gig uploaded ratio of 17.5

add another 5 gig torrent thats old

11gig downloaded 110 gig uploaded ratio of 10

and so on.

to actually keep the 100 ratio the member would have to upload 500 gig of that 5 gig game. which is where overseeding to the max comes in. obviously the above is an extreme scenario, but it works the same even for lower ratios.

yayyyyyy
06-17-2008, 03:56 PM
personally I see a problem in overseeding only on crappy trackers where most ppl are there with 56k connections...

on decent trackers where most have decent connections I see no problem in uploading 5tb in un month and download nearly 0, and the month later download another 5tb while uploading just 100gb...

other ppl had a lot of benefits while leeching from you when you were "buffering"...

stoi
06-17-2008, 04:07 PM
Fact is, lots of people but not me.

What i mean by that is, i might never download anything for a month.

I then upload 20 torrents in a month, what give you the right to hit and run on all my torrents, but not another uploaders, and i would have the same feeling if it was vice versa. You seed well on my torrents, but hit and run on others.

and in my previous post i meant to say.

Start a game, cant do it, get a mate to complete it for you, he unlocks all the cheats that most games have at the end. you then start it, turn all cheats on, and complete it, then brag that you have completed it yourself.