PDA

View Full Version : A Warning

wevotedno
06-15-2008, 08:05 PM
Dear FST users,

Having in mind that many of us are trying out seedboxes services and evaluating their performance, i feel is my duty to inform/warn you about the following seedbox service provider:

santrex * net

I too have tried many services in order to find one that best suited my torrent needs.

Anyhow

these people, which i honestly think is just one guy running the show, offer the worst service i ever paid to get. Their "100mbit" speeds are translated into pathetic 1MB downloads and 600-700kb (at max) uploads. Customer service is almost non-existing and ofcourse when they finally come back to you after a couple of days, they simply mock you. ( i will sort you out, everybody else is happy etc)

Now, i used torrents from Lvl1 til Lvl6 sites ( u know which sites) which are famous for blazing speeds. Nothing was happening! I ended up making a fool of myself to the site mods since i was not able to even upload a 700mb file back to the sites.

Funny story; i did manage to get 1MB upload once using a torrent from TPB.....When this occured i got so pissed that i opened a ticket and started giving them a piece of my mind. Two days after i get the answer; "if you are not polite, we can not help you..."

Anyway, with these guys u can't win and of course money refund is not even mentioned.

My advice is STAY AWAY from these guys.

Please spread the word.

Screenshots from the webui and the "blazing speeds" are available.

Thank you.

markupmaster
06-15-2008, 08:12 PM
Thanks For the warning..

:)

Cabalo
06-15-2008, 08:47 PM
nice there are always guinea-pigs willing to try cheap-ass hosting !

thank you !

Skiz
06-15-2008, 09:13 PM
You should send them a link to this thread and let them know where poor business ethics gets them. :whistling

iamKy666
06-15-2008, 09:53 PM
It is simple!!!
You always get what you're paying for!!!

xGeNeSisx
06-15-2008, 10:21 PM
Me and huge99 also wrote reviews, lets get into the irc channel and get a refund. They will try and ignore you but we can try pm me if possible...

Ben99's review & mine here: http://filesharingtalk.com/vb3/f-bittorrent-43/t-santrex-299766

Ben99:

Santrex

Review: I signed up because they were one of the cheapest providers with unlimited bandwidth. Well i soon learned that unlimited bandwidth does not help you if the box cannot top 700 kbps up and 3 mb/s down. In reality this box is more like having a 2nd home connection or just a leechbox.

Recommended: Hell no, stay far away, they also have the worst customer service ever, where they just ignore you when you are in their irc channel.

Rating: 1/10

My review:

1. Santrex

Review: Signed up for uTorrent in US, got a box in France. Download speeds was complete crap at less than 1mb/s and upload never reaching more than 50kbp/s. Their support "team" is terrible and not afraid to insult their users and make them look like complete idiots. They blame poor speeds on routing and poor trackers. Well, I guess TL, What, RevTT, PTN, and SCC are complete s*** trackers ? My home connection is faster and more reliable than this hosting provider. After complaining about speeds, I was moved to a Torrentflux box. The admin was all over me asking if it was ok and would not leave me alone. Transfers die, slow speeds, and stuck transfers were just a few of the problems.

Recommended: No, stay away. Their support is a joke, it is virtually non-resistant. Terrible speeds, service, reliability.

Rating: 1/10

Stay away from this scam, they are shit.

LoKaLiRi
06-16-2008, 12:42 AM
thanks for the waring :)

ben99
06-16-2008, 01:41 AM
absolutely terrible is what i think of their service and speeds.

jam0980tr
06-16-2008, 01:57 AM
thanks for the info

server business scammer, damn they are every where. lmao

wevotedno
06-16-2008, 05:41 AM
if anyone nedds to complain, here is the irc link

http://irc.netsplit.de/webchat/?net=EFnet&room=%23santrex

xGeNeSisx
06-16-2008, 05:57 AM
Join up if you have been scammed, show these guys we mean business.

apextwin146
06-16-2008, 06:02 AM
thnks for the headsup man ...

Detale
06-17-2008, 04:33 AM
I am going to try and contact them myself and let them know how many of our users will not be acquiring their services ever and how much business they will lose if this is not rectified.

EDIT: UH I can't even get on to their site the connection has timed out for me. anyone else??
www.santrex.net/

jayz707
06-17-2008, 04:36 AM
thanks for the warning. IMO its always best to stick with a deal that make sense(you get what you pay for, no unbelievable offers...etc etc).

wevotedno
06-17-2008, 07:57 AM
After spending all Mondays afternoon listening how is not their fault and excuses, i find out that the server is down again. They are unbelievable. Liars and totally non-biz minded nor cuatomer oriented.

I am going to try and contact them myself and let them know how many of our users will not be acquiring their services ever and how much business they will lose if this is not rectified.

EDIT: UH I can't even get on to their site the connection has timed out for me. anyone else??
www.santrex.net/

Please do detale

grimms
06-17-2008, 08:57 AM
Just move on don't fret.

wevotedno
06-17-2008, 09:03 AM
Please everybody contribute to the santrex post (if u have experience with them)because we are trying to organise as many ppl as possible in order to achieve our goal which is the refund of the payments made.

So far 3 FST members are on their tail and we are hoping to get the site's admins to support our demand.

FST is a place that many ppl get their info on seedbox hosting and although our main goal is to get our money back, we really want to inform everyone to be aware of this service.

thanx

Latest update

Santrex is using OVH fr servers, which are charged with the same price to us as if they were dedicated + they have 8+ users per server.

NPAX1
06-17-2008, 11:13 AM
The best thing to do in this situation is to find out who is hosting their servers (in this case, I believe you've discovered OVH is hosting them?)

I've not personally had any experience with Santrex. However, what I would do is complain to OVH about Santrex, as the best way to get the attention of a shady reseller is to go to their hosts about it :P

psychophil
06-17-2008, 12:20 PM
Thanks for the info.
As long as members here see this thread, they will hopefully NOT go anywhere near Santrax with the proverbial barge pole.:naughty:

midnightalker
06-23-2008, 11:01 AM
Thank you very much for spreading the word..

integral
06-23-2008, 04:23 PM
I hope users of these forums look out for threads such as these before they purchase a seedbox account. This way they can avoid all the hassles and scams.

Santrex
06-24-2008, 01:18 AM
A simple answer (http://click.adbrite.com/mb/click.php?sid=685436&banner_id=11273659&variation_id=392479&uts=1214270238&cpc=302e3036&keyword_id=177980&inline=y&zk_id=33439924&ab=171966619&sscup=fbed419088b2a29f727d8c9833d5974a&sscra=b1e96ef671080bc8156cba00027bc098&ub=1315524852&rs=&r=) to all those bad threads about santrex, for every successful business there is scammers and enemies willing to get it down. End of the story santrex is a successful business that have a good huge amount of customers, santrex do offer a high standard quick support response and does as well listen to it's customers. If enemies out there want santrex to go DOWN it wont go down and will continue offering the most cheap and stable services around.

ben99
06-24-2008, 01:33 AM
lol? Your seedboxes are terrible, I'm very suprised that they are actually ovh boxes. As for your customer service, it doesnt exist. Trying to get a response in irc is practically impossible. Good try at damage control but try harder.

Santrex
06-24-2008, 02:15 AM
Offering IRC live help is just something nice santrex wants to offer it's not 100% guaranted help? remember there is a support ticket system for each company and not an idle channel for people to sit down there and wait for the miracle to happen :)

By the way people that knows how to get speeds out of their seedboxes and got their fast trackers are able to get the most out of their seedboxes, but noobs that arent able to differentiate between banana and apple are having hard time getting speeds.

wevotedno
07-01-2008, 12:45 PM
Guys,

I did manage to communicate with the owner of Santrex.

It turns out that at the time of the problem he was not able to influence what was happening with the serves due to a personal thing.

He did make amends and after explaining to me what was happening at the time i see no reason not to prefer their services.

I admit that when this thread started things were pictured as very bad but the guy tried his best to let me know that he is really customer oriented and he proved it.

Thanks

ben99
07-04-2008, 02:28 AM
their speeds still suck. In reality its a unlimited 10mbit not 100mbit.

Santrex
07-06-2008, 05:06 PM
lol, 100mbit is 10-12MB/Sec ben :)

And we dont have bad speeds on any of our servers, you better get yourself a dedicated if 10mb/sec is not enough for you. Alot of people are pushing 11mb/sec on our servers, the people who do complain are getting 1-3MB/sec, so I see no problems with our servers so far, unless its routing issues, trackers problems or seeders/leechers.

ben99
07-06-2008, 06:15 PM
No.

I'm getting at most 1mb/s up. Infact you LIMIT your tflux boxes to 1mb/s up. So it is really a 10mbit unlimited server and not a 100mbit server like you advertise. YOUR SERVER IS A LEECHBOX. Your box does not seed higher than 200 kbps, and that's when you are lucky. For example I was one of the first ones to leech and seed weeds and I was getting 40 kbps up, no joke.

Santrex
07-06-2008, 06:20 PM
What is your username and which server you on?

And stop saying to me my box doesnt seed more than 200kbps, because if you cant manage to get high speeds others do.

ben99
07-06-2008, 06:59 PM
your box can't. it's simple. I jump on torrents before others and then I'm like meh it's seeding at 40 kb/s while I ask my other friends who had a kimsufi and they tell me they are seeding the same torrent at the same site at 2mb/s. Hell I just jumped on tb on the wall-e torrent with a completed copy and was upping at 200kb/s to 20 leechers and there was only 1 other seeder.