PDA

View Full Version : What.cd Staff dont like our giveaways!

ConkiZz
06-17-2008, 04:58 PM
Think here would be the best place to post it!

Staff at What.cd did just disabled all the members i invited, it was 14...
Now they dont accept giveaways anymore. In the rules it's doesn't stands anywere, but they are working on it.

I got a message from Phi:
Hello ******, please let your friends on FST know that their accounts have been disabled and that they can come to irc.what.cd #what.cd-disabled to interview for their account back.

Also inform them that what.cd does not tolerate giveaways, trades, or the sale of invites.

I'm going to leave your account with only disabled invites, as you seem to be a good user.

Thanks for understanding, and I hope you pass my message along to FST.
Phi

So, be ware dear FST members.
to all the FST mebers who want invite Phi said that you should go to #what.cd-invites .

i'm very sorry for the people i invited, but the ones of u who were active might get your account back, he said.

Edit: "only" five people got disabled.

robi92
06-17-2008, 04:59 PM
why u have same username as here ?

:) you should change it :)

ConkiZz
06-17-2008, 05:06 PM
wade003 - I didn't, or there is one account on what.cd with the name ConkiZz, it was mine, but me and a friend changed accounts..why i dont know, but whateva
And ConkiZz Is my nick, havn't take it from anyone..

ElGatonPirata
06-17-2008, 05:06 PM
I went to #what.cd-invites and typed !queue, as in were in topic, and i got banned. :|

ConkiZz
06-17-2008, 05:13 PM
Strange, wonder why. :/

ahcorac72
06-17-2008, 05:29 PM
Today my account in What was disable.
Even this morning I was there, but now will afternoon when he was already unable to enter.
Why is that? I had good ratio.

P.S: I was not invited by ConkiZz

NPAX1
06-17-2008, 05:29 PM
this is why it's best to keep your tracker/site names different

ConkiZz
06-17-2008, 05:36 PM
NPAX1 i have that... but the IP is the same u know..

SkullForce
06-17-2008, 05:42 PM
What.cd staff themselves was giving away invites here at the site beginning, but now, they grew up , have everything, putting other way rulez. great

colyu
06-17-2008, 05:47 PM
Yeah, I also got my account disabled today, even though I never actually gave away an invite to people. FYI, I also had a good ratio.

Giallorosso
06-17-2008, 06:00 PM
Yeah, I also got my account disabled today, I also had a good ratio.

same here :(

ConkiZz
06-17-2008, 06:14 PM
For all those who lose your account, visit their invite IRC channel.

robi92
06-17-2008, 06:19 PM
well, dont signup with same username at trackers

ahcorac72
06-17-2008, 06:21 PM
well, dont signup with same username at trackers

But i donīt hav ethe same username.

kareemamir
06-17-2008, 06:22 PM
i fully understand why they do this. when i got interviewed, they asked me questions such as what transcoding is, what vbr and cbr is.

they want people to join who know about music, not just leechers. and come on, what other sites allow those who got disabled to have an interview to get their account back!

ElGatonPirata
06-17-2008, 06:42 PM
Hi there againg.

Just to let you know that i have very positive impression of What.cd staff. I've joined their irc server, went to #what.cd-disabled, but soon got banned, guess it has something to do with my iprange. :\

Well, soon after, Stewy came to me on pvd and after a little chat, he was aware of my situation (i was about to get an invite from ConkiZz before he got his invites disabled) and i got a fresh new invite from him to join What.cd!

So, he asked me to tell you guys who got accounts disabled or something to join their irc server and the channel #what.cd-disabled, in order to get an interview for getting your account back.

That's it. Be wise and good luck to all. :)

Hasta!

ConkiZz
06-17-2008, 07:07 PM
A other good thing is that al the members who i invited has now got enabled :)

NPAX1
06-17-2008, 07:37 PM
At least their staff is kind and considerate, and didn't ban all of the accounts involved.

Giallorosso
06-17-2008, 07:42 PM
For all those who lose your account, visit their invite IRC channel.

what is the irc address if u don't mind :)

ConkiZz
06-17-2008, 07:48 PM
irc.what.cd #disabled :)

robotpirate
06-17-2008, 07:49 PM
it's been in the rules for a long time.

ConkiZz
06-17-2008, 07:55 PM
Maybe it has... dont know.. but now i know atleast :)

ukgenius
06-17-2008, 08:14 PM
Yep mine was also banned. I went on the IRC and spoke to stewy. He seemed understanding and gave me my account back, but with disables invites, which is kind of annoying but reasonable I suppose.

ConkiZz
06-17-2008, 08:21 PM
Disabled invites is better than a disabled account!

ukgenius
06-17-2008, 08:53 PM
Yep definitely. I'm not sure I would use the invites anyway!

Do you know if it is permanently disabled or just for 6 months or something?

Giallorosso
06-17-2008, 09:03 PM
irc.what.cd #disabled :)

not working dude
:)

do u have another address ?

ConkiZz
06-17-2008, 09:10 PM
Try this irc.what.cd #what.cd-disabled

ukgenius
06-17-2008, 09:25 PM
Hey omarsz the correct thing is #what.cd-disabled . Do you know how to get it working because if you don't I can explain it to you

Giallorosso
06-18-2008, 07:38 PM
ConkiZz & (http://filesharingtalk.com/vb3/../../members/conkizz-200325)ukgenius (http://filesharingtalk.com/vb3/../../members/ukgenius-203445)

thank u guys :)

ryan20021982
06-19-2008, 12:06 AM
Not trying to be smart but if you cant even give them away then what do they give them out for

1000possibleclaws
06-19-2008, 12:19 AM
Not trying to be smart but if you cant even give them away then what do they give them out for

You can invite friends or people you trust privately, or do a giveaway on exclusive private forums. You can't do a giveaway in a public thread on FST because it's not private.

grimms
06-19-2008, 12:46 AM
Very true. I was an outstanding member there until they threw that chain of trust bs at me. Point is I also got disabled there from giving invites via FST. Just do it privately from now on (Through pm to people you trust). You live and you learn.. no big deal.

Raban
06-19-2008, 01:46 AM
ya this is why it pays to use a different name on every tracker and every messageboard .... . .

sucks but thats the way this torrent world works . .. .

Skerven
06-19-2008, 01:42 PM
if i were one of the guys who got their invite privileges taken away, i'd just change my ip address and get a new account...

there are problems with that, i'm sure; and you really have to weight the costs (loosing your history, status, social proof on the site) and benefits (MOAR invites!).

*edit* this is just like the struggle between pirates and record companies. if they enforce the laws, the giveaway-ers will just find more obscure and secure ways of doing what they do...

seriously, people love the reciprocal altruism

maybe it's time to develop the habit of announcing that you'll giveaway some invites, and force the requests to be pm-only... maybe by closing the thread containing that announcement.

the what.cd staff may identify the giveaway-er by cross-referencing the amount of invites a person on fst gave away and the time at which they took place to the people on what.cd who gave away that amount of invites at that time.

with the knowledge of how many people a person on fst invited to what.cd, and the time at which that took place, i imagine it wouldn't be too hard to deduce the what.cd user-name of that fst giveaway-er...

however, in the spirit of confidentiality, there could be a randomly imposed time-dilation between the announcement and the time at which you hand out the invites.

there could also be a liason on the fst staff, who could see ever fst-user's ip address, and subsequently divulge that information to the what.cd staff at their leisure. then we'd just have to use proxies, then, wouldn't we?

now where did i put my tin-foil hat...

jayz707
06-19-2008, 02:22 PM
now how many of you really have real life friends who know about torrents/private trackers/transcodes/lame/flac/bitrates...)*@^(@&$^@!!!! ????

IMO you chain of trust should be short as possible ;)

anyways its nice of what.cd staff to keep a interview and give back the accounts... they could have just banned em all after all....

ukgenius
06-19-2008, 07:27 PM
I am one of the people whose account was disabled and was given it back, but without any invites. In response to your suggestion Skerven about getting a new account: Personally I don't really think I need the invites. And secondly, I would find it hard to get another invite, because I don't believe in trading, only in giveaways and they are not given away that freely. And also these forums are viewed by the what.cd staff so I couldn't get an invite here and I don't know where else to get one, as most of my friends don't even know what a torrent is. And finally is it really worth going through all that effort of changing my IP address just so I can have invites? Not really.

superclover
06-19-2008, 08:19 PM
dont flame what.cd, it kills any other music tracker IMO
i dont see why you have to post their invite channel for their IRC, if a tracker such as scl or its had one you would be far too pussy to post it

ukgenius
06-19-2008, 09:15 PM
I think you misunderstood me. I really like What.cd. It is great. I am just saying that as long as I have a account, thats all that matters, and I don't need to be able to give invites. And the reason the IRC was posted up was to be able to speak to someone to get our accounts enabled.

Skerven
06-19-2008, 09:37 PM
because I don't believe in trading
meh just do it. seriously, having invites and giving them to people is so cool. you want them, don't lie to yourself.

You can invite friends or people you trust privately, or do a giveaway on exclusive private forums. You can't do a giveaway in a public thread on FST because it's not private.
i have a bunch of un-given invites for what (yay, i follow the rules!)... i try to give them to friends, and they don't want them.

i guess i need to work on my sales pitch.

but really, how many people do you know who you can simply walk up to and ask them if they want an invite to what.cd, and who will gladly accept it _without_ you having to basically sell it to them (like telling them what bittorrent is, what what.cd is all about, how awesome it is to have all the music you will ever want at your frikkin fingertips... all for just following the rules and keeping a good ratio!)

the whole ratio thing really turns people off... they'd rather use that vuse for 15 bucks a month. no lie. fukking retards... meh, maybe their is some logic in actually not breaking the law (forget what.cd's laws!).

no, if they start to really enforce this no-giveaway rule... they will see a major decrease in the amount of users coming to their site. but hey, maybe that's what they want.

0riGiNaLBoX
06-19-2008, 10:40 PM
i got disabled in what.cd for that yesterday and i hope someone can help me to back my what.cd and waffles accounts and i will not giveaway with them anymore

ukgenius
06-19-2008, 10:50 PM
Good luck on getting them back. When mine got disabled I got it back but without any invites, which is fair enough. The people at the What IRC seemed quite reasonable so you got a chance

ConkiZz
06-19-2008, 10:53 PM
For what.cd irc.what.cd #what.cd-disabled and for Wafflesdont know..

1000possibleclaws
06-20-2008, 06:21 AM
meh just do it. seriously, having invites and giving them to people is so cool. you want them, don't lie to yourself.

i have a bunch of un-given invites for what (yay, i follow the rules!)... i try to give them to friends, and they don't want them.

i guess i need to work on my sales pitch.

but really, how many people do you know who you can simply walk up to and ask them if they want an invite to what.cd, and who will gladly accept it _without_ you having to basically sell it to them (like telling them what bittorrent is, what what.cd is all about, how awesome it is to have all the music you will ever want at your frikkin fingertips... all for just following the rules and keeping a good ratio!)

the whole ratio thing really turns people off... they'd rather use that vuse for 15 bucks a month. no lie. fukking retards... meh, maybe their is some logic in actually not breaking the law (forget what.cd's laws!).

no, if they start to really enforce this no-giveaway rule... they will see a major decrease in the amount of users coming to their site. but hey, maybe that's what they want.

they dont need to be real-life friends, they can be people you met on forums/message boards. and i dont know why everyone has a mentality that they NEED to give away all their invites. just hold onto them until you see someone in need who you trust.

jayz707
06-21-2008, 01:20 PM
its simple don't use your invites if your account is too valuable! every invite that you give out increase the risk of your account getting banned. i mean common if there is this person that you know who 'deserve' a invite. he most probably have it already! :)

Sweetiepie
10-05-2008, 08:07 PM
I'll inform EVERYONE that NOT do any more giveaways of invites to what.cd.
Staff know more than you think, and for a giveaway you risk that everyone you have invited will be banned, and even your account will be disabled.

SO, IF YOU WANT YOUR ACCOUNT, DON'T DO ANY GIVEAWAYS !.

:wub::wub::wub::wub::wub::wub:

/ Sweetiepie

btw, i don't have the same username, and they noticed me!.

ajsi
10-05-2008, 08:15 PM

but you have same mail here, right? :P

kukushka
10-05-2008, 08:17 PM
if you're surprised about it, you're very, very naive. there are obvious other ways to catch ppl that are doing giveaways..

but you have same mail here, right? :Ph
different mail won't help too ))
by the way, it's easy to stay within what.cd rules and still share invites with those who really deserve it, even if they are users here ) you just have to wait for a proper request, ask person for profile links and if they're good and you're on the same trackers - to continue the process there. not mentioning the fact that what.cd staff is very, very generous to allow to most of the contenders to enter the site directly via interview on irc :)

slymester
10-05-2008, 08:36 PM

Probably by the way you type :P

Scavenger
10-05-2008, 08:40 PM
Yeah, they disabled my account for making a lot of giveaways some time ago.

wazza100
10-06-2008, 12:32 PM
I'll inform EVERYONE that NOT do any more giveaways of invites to what.cd.
Staff know more than you think, and for a giveaway you risk that everyone you have invited will be banned, and even your account will be disabled.

SO, IF YOU WANT YOUR ACCOUNT, DON'T DO ANY GIVEAWAYS !.

:wub::wub::wub::wub::wub::wub:

/ Sweetiepie

its not hard to catch ie: the person you invited uses the same nick etc and then trace back via invite tree

Catcher
10-06-2008, 02:57 PM
Can some one please explain me how to get into their IRC channel.
I never been there before and never been in any other IRC channel.

curtanwoo
10-06-2008, 03:53 PM
Can some one please explain me how to get into their IRC channel.
I never been there before and never been in any other IRC channel.

You need to download an IRC client which is a separate program. A good one for Windows is mIRC that you can download from www.mirc.com. It's not that hard to setup by yourself if you just follow the instructions.

There are clients that runs in your web browser with no need to install anything. I can't recommend any because I don't use them.

YQZ
10-06-2008, 08:07 PM
^^Chatzilla is the one most people use. (In a web browser (firefox))