PDA

View Full Version : Seeding Already Downloaded Torrent

Downloader123
06-18-2008, 05:06 PM
Hi,

Well i tried it once and it works but i'm not sure if it's against the rules for private trackers ....... so i downloaded a movie file from TB (torrentbytes) ...maintaining a ratio there is very easy cause of all the seeders ...so after i had seeded it to above 1 ....i deleted it's torrent file ... downloaded the torrent of that movie from TD .... when i added to the torrent client it performed the hash check since the torrent was already downloaded from TB and it was exactly the same torrent with same number of rar files and names it immediately started seeding .......... so from TD i downloaded nothing but seeded back like 500 mb .............

Logically i think this should be ok cause i'm not sharing some website's torrent on others ......i'm just using a torrent downloaded on my computer to seed to other trackers ........

So is it ok and if yes the next question is can i seed the same file to 2 different trackers simultaneously .....

maverick_andy
06-18-2008, 05:13 PM
more than OK. U can seed it boy

NPAX1
06-18-2008, 05:18 PM
yes you can seed the same files to more than one tracker at once.

Downloader123
06-18-2008, 05:25 PM
thanks guys ... this will really help me maintaing my ratios ........

1000possibleclaws
06-18-2008, 06:55 PM
you can seed at both places at once, don't even wait until you reach one at TB. dl the TD torrent file right away

MasterP
06-18-2008, 08:55 PM
Almost every tracker allows this

BOOM
06-19-2008, 12:11 AM
Some bt sites don`t like to see u seeding torrents downloaded from other trackers.

The Flying Cow
06-19-2008, 12:15 AM
^True dat. Can't generalize with this trick.

ProActive
06-19-2008, 12:17 AM
its allowed and not against rules.

its very usefule in case of torrents marked as "scene"
Cos they are excatly same in each tracker.
so in SCC as there is free leech now for 0day - leech from it and seed on TD or TL and see ur ratio ^^^

SgtMajor
06-19-2008, 02:14 AM
As mentioned, some allow it and some don't, you will find the smaller the site the more strict they are in not allowing this, you will even get a warning at some places, but the big sites can even promote this activity as it speeds up the distribution to their members.

stupidcrab
06-19-2008, 02:57 AM
If the torrent is a scene release.
You download two torrents from two different sites.
Verify you files on two different torrents.
If passed,seeding this two torrent at the same time.
(unless the site don't allow this,please read FAQ/RULES carefully)

Even if the site don't allow, you can be a uploader at different site to upload new torrent (Some sites will allow everyone to upload,some are not)

wevotedno
06-19-2008, 09:15 AM
you can seed at both places at once, don't even wait until you reach one at TB. dl the TD torrent file right away

My opinion is that you should wait to reach 1:1 at the first tracker b4 adding other announces. The reason is that often, the same files have a slight diff. When this occurs the new added tracker starts seeding but the initial gives an error, so u will screw up ur ratio.

Happens with utorrent and transmission.

m 2 c

Nykon1969
06-19-2008, 04:33 PM

My opinion is that you should wait to reach 1:1 at the first tracker b4 adding other announces. The reason is that often, the same files have a slight diff. When this occurs the new added tracker starts seeding but the initial gives an error, so u will screw up ur ratio.

Happens with utorrent and transmission.

m 2 c

Best way around that is to watch during the hash check. Once it notices that the files are different for some reason or another stop it. Select don't download for those files and then start seeding.

Partial seeding is still seeding.

I have used this to build up ratio on sites that its hard for a home user to seed at. Works very well, but as most others have said make sure its ok on both trackers that you are doing this type of activity.

Bionic
06-19-2008, 08:57 PM
Sometimes download a sample of a movie torrent and you'll be having a partial seeding. It's great! x6 of Sample Size. :D Goodluck! ;)